1000 rwhp anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 01:09 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishey
I make it to a ton of races every year and all of the numbers I hear from those guys are overrated. Alot of these race cars I see at our shop and the numbers I hear sometimes are just funny.
I do not overrate the numbers, I would tend to do the opposite and i sure as hell would not be at the race track throwing numbers around , i would prefer for the cars to run and have the performance do the speaking..

Last edited by A.Wayne; 05-09-2007 at 01:37 AM.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:43 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

I would guess that the only 'numbers' of any importance are the lap times? All the other stuff is just a pissing contest. Sure it's fun for someone like Dave to go for 1000 but even he will admit when asked 'Why?' he'd say 'cause it was there'. To make a daily driver with 1000hp be it hp or whp would take hundreds of thousands $ I would imagine. Even on a track you would have to make some big changes to virtually all the components of the car. Anyway the best thing in the last 6 or more pages is how Dave has stayed away from all this rubbish.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:52 AM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 333pg333
I would guess that the only 'numbers' of any importance are the lap times? All the other stuff is just a pissing contest. Sure it's fun for someone like Dave to go for 1000 but even he will admit when asked 'Why?' he'd say 'cause it was there'. To make a daily driver with 1000hp be it hp or whp would take hundreds of thousands $ I would imagine. Even on a track you would have to make some big changes to virtually all the components of the car. Anyway the best thing in the last 6 or more pages is how Dave has stayed away from all this rubbish.
Yeah, what a pity.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:00 AM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Driftomagnifico
Since Travis would never say it... You guys are some dick loving *******.

Seriously, 99% of you don't know ****. You all hide behind past history of a car make that you have absolutely nothing to do with beyond you own one of there cars, mostly 2nd hand at that. Hell you dumbasses can't even break the big power numbers, much less make a real POWERBAND with your ******* engines. Get out of the ****ing 80's, ****s long gone along with your hopes of keeping up to modern performance.

You seek to discredit me because I don't buy the bull**** hook line and sinker. You don't have **** on me besides a bunch of ******* crew comments and general ****tard mob mentality. Where's your big accomplishment? Gonna be like Guns951 and shell out a bunch of cash to upgrade his stock turbo 951 and think he has 1/100th of a reason to talk **** to anyone with that SLOW ****ING TRASH? Hell no. I made more power with a 2.0L than this entire forum of 951 owners! HAHAHHAHAHA... lame dick retards!

Will this dude build a 1000whp engine? Who the **** knows... I hope he does. It will prove that at least some of you ignorant ****tards can build an engine correctly.

A.Wayne, blow it out your ****ing *** hole you pompous ****wit.

Special Tool, your name suits you... and your engine makes **** for a powerband because you are a useless ignorant mother ****er that thinks he knows it all.

Lart, you're a funny guy.

To those that are grating on Travis for not wanting to mod his 951... GO **** YOURSELF

Don't worry Rennlist... I'm gone. Delete my user file. This isn't even worth the time to get a laugh out of the idiotranch that is the 951 forum.

BACK TO YOUR ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED CIRCLE JERK!
That's a lot of dick wavin'.

Plenty of time now to start your own circle.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:13 AM
Keithr726
Nordschleife Master

Of course THIS thread got THIS big THIS fast. All I can say is.....
Old 05-09-2007, 02:32 AM
Kyle Donley
Burning Brakes

Can we start a new thread about the engine build? There are those of us who are actually interested.

I think you should have to be a member to post on Rennlist. There should be an area where anyone can post questions if they are new, or too poor to pay the membership fee but, for the most part let everyone see it but save the posting for the people who value this forum and the knowledge that is shared here enough to invest in it's future. I joined shortly after I decided to buy a 944, the money that this place has saved me more than pays the membership fees. It's a small price to pay to be part of a great community.

I wan't to be proud of the rennlist stickers that are on my car like I used to be.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:30 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evil 944t

In the 80's they would run 1.5ltr 4 bangers and had anywhere form 1200-1500HP..

This is true, especially since BMW introduced turbochargers into F1. However, i recall BMW using the 1.5L cast iron block used in their 5-series back in the day. And being F1 and all, those engines were on their legs after each race.

Dave, it can be done, but just how much time and money are you throwing in?
Old 05-09-2007, 04:26 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
LOL

A local EVO here 2.0 runs 55psi of boost and makes 1400WHP at 4 wheels... FYI, it runs methanol, the intake manifold actually sweats its so cold at full boost on the dyno
NZ951 is offline Report Bad Post Reply With Quote

I bet it only drives on the dyno
hehe actually its a world fastest EVO last time I checked, does 7 second passes.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:13 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 76 Posts

Well I was watching an episode of '5th Gear' last night and they had what was purportedly the fastest road registered car on. It was some sort of British sedan from the 70's called a Vauxall and looked sort of like one of your Chevelles (?) from the same sort of era. It had a 9.1 litre V8, roll-cage, full drag wheels etc. It did 0-60mph in 1 second and under 7 sec's 1/4's! Reasonably brisk in anyone's book. Pretty ugly but the guy loved it. Don't know how he got it registered. It was just a drag car on the road.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:17 AM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hosrom_951
Dave, how much time and money are you throwing in?

Ok, now that the dust has settled,

Hos, money is no problem. I'll send you my address and if you can spare me a couple hundred grand, this build will go very fast, lol ps- you know you got it.

Ok, I have some pictures etc.. and I will start a new thread later today. It is to bad this thread went from 0 to crap in 1 day but I promise, the new thread will be very informative.

I do want to ask that we keep it somewhat technical as I don't want to debate anything. I just want to share my project. I will be glad to answer any questions and I'm open to suggestions other than buy a Supra etc..

Patrick, m42, ski, kyle, A wayne and all thanks for your support!!
Old 05-09-2007, 11:03 AM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 333pg333
Well I was watching an episode of '5th Gear' last night and they had what was purportedly the fastest road registered car on. It was some sort of British sedan from the 70's called a Vauxall and looked sort of like one of your Chevelles (?) from the same sort of era. It had a 9.1 litre V8, roll-cage, full drag wheels etc. It did 0-60mph in 1 second and under 7 sec's 1/4's! Reasonably brisk in anyone's book. Pretty ugly but the guy loved it. Don't know how he got it registered. It was just a drag car on the road.

You're from Australia and you've never heard of Vauxhaul? Haha it's the company that largely later turned into Opel, but most of the platforms on GM's better-looking cars, as well as the Opel ones, have Vauxhaul nomenclature. For example, both the Sky and Solstice are running the Vauxhaul Kappa platform.

Yeah I saw that same car in a magazine, tho I can't remember what... What I found interesting was the guy's relative low hp numbers, as well as his aero, and he's STILL able to purportedly go that fast! It's pretty much got all the aerodynamic efficiency of a brick w/ a spoiler on the back...
Old 05-09-2007, 12:52 PM
2bridges
Drifting

x3 on new thread for build. Thanks Dave.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:03 PM
Cory9584
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess its back to the ricer boards for drifto
Old 05-09-2007, 02:06 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by evil 944t
Ok, I have some pictures etc.. and I will start a new thread later today. It is to bad this thread went from 0 to crap in 1 day but I promise, the new thread will be very informative.
so since the thread went crap, can I keep crapping on it, I mean drifto?

Well, I just got off the phone with one of my informants who told me the true reason why porshephile is selling his car, it happens that he went to the dyno after he installed his new turbo and other stuff and got no more than 217hp at the wheels so out of frustation and shame he is selling his 951, also I was informed that drifto is an alias name of porshephile, my informant is a reliable source of information for those who want to know his identity his initials are S.T.

Last edited by lart951; 05-09-2007 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
No travis wants to join the RB26 crowd, sweet engine but has it's own form of issue's . The Skyline GT-R in stock Config is no fasterthan a 944 turbo S in stock config. They will make more power than a 951 , but the whole dynamics are different the car is a lot clumsier in fell , but being rare it has more of that ricer appeal amongst the young ones. If travis is serious about big power with the rb26, he better stock up on crank bearings .......

Not sure if it was your intention but, please don't belittle me as some sort of newbie, "kid", or otherwise inexperienced individual. I've researched the RB series motors for years and actually done a bit of work on a few, so I do understand those motors. I don't really want a GTR as 4wd isn't my thing, I just like the motors for what they are and could care less about how "popular" they are.

I'm simply tired of wasting my money for diminished returns on these cars considering how much more expensive it is than the average "rice" car, yet how much less you get in return for spending all that money on mods. I don't like SOHC (911's are the exception), I hate the cam tower design, I don't like torsion bars, I hate how the steering wheel is so closed to your knees.......For one reason or another the car has just grown to irritate me too much. I just want something easy for once. Maybe I will fix my 951 and keep it, maybe I won't. I haven't really decided. The only thing I have decided at this point is it's not worth the hassle to me to dump $20-30k in mods on it to "achieve" a relatively useless goal when I could spend a small fraction of that on a better motor/car to achieve the same thing. Best case, I might still throw on some sort of 300-350whp turbo setup (k27/8 or something) and call it a day. I simply no longer feel like wasting all my energy or money attempting to build a dyno queen 951. There are better cars to do that with.

Quick Reply: 1000 rwhp anyone?