Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

1000 rwhp anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 08:01 AM
anders44
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool, once all the bickering stops and the build starts I'll subscribe the thread.

remember pics of shiny metal parts.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:16 AM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by anders44
cool, once all the bickering stops and the build starts I'll subscribe the thread.

remember pics of shiny metal parts.

While I like reading 3-4 pages of trash talk, I had to go to bed

Anyways, I can leave this thread open so we can waste our time fighting over the fact that Japanese cars make a lot of power. We can also fight over anything else... Like Nike says, just do it.

If its possible, I would like to continue this talk and Drifto, for the record I never attacked you. I just stated my build plans and went to bed.

I welcome any questions or input but at this time, I was just introducing something that would be fun for this crowd to see.

Crap all over this forum and wreck every thread because its already been done with a Nissan or Toyota, fine... We get it!

In fact, Norwood did it in the late 90's... right, big deal. I'm going to do it again for fun.

Pay attention!! This is for fun!

For everyone else, thanks for your support!! I will keep you updated as thing happen. I'm making a photo album and will list all the specs in detail, as they happen.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:26 AM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

again, why this should be a members only. Good luck Dave. I'll pm you about the lights
Old 05-08-2007, 09:56 AM
Tms951
Pro

Originally Posted by evil 944t

ps - Is Scott doing the same thing? Let me know, I'll shoot for a different goal, lol.
scott cliams to have made 1076hp on an engine dyno, based on some of your listed specs i have a feeling you will not pull it off. Scott did a few things differently and I think they were very important (don't ask I will not share his secrets). I also think it might be worth while to have Scott or JME biuld your head, I don't know your experience but I have really good feeling that It takes the years of trial and error they have to do it right.

It will be nice to see a really high HP engine on RL though. So where are the pics of the short block work up until now?
Old 05-08-2007, 12:54 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tms951
I don't know your experience
You and everyone else should leave it at that. Period.

Having Scott Gomes do Dave's headwork... lol.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:01 PM
2bridges
Drifting

How pleasing that non-member DriftoDork manages to derail another thread.

If you have it all figured out - step up and do it - then post your results. Until then shut up.
Talking about big power and big money builds and proudly working on a projected 200hp NA. impressive

________________________________________________________________________ _________

Dave as an actual MEMBER I wish you luck and thanks for taking us along for the ride. Think you will have plenty of challenges along the way. Enjoy .

curious about driveline plans, in particular trans. Will have to be a gentle driver to keep trans alive behind anywhere near 1000hp. plans?
Old 05-08-2007, 01:09 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Driftomagnifico
I guess building an engine that has already made big power over 10+K RPM doesn't qualify my knowledge. Oh wait, 951's are magical engines that come with their own set of physics developed by Porsche in magical pixie dust land.

What a joke. (cue in the ******* crew to tell me I don't know what I'm doing).
OK, but i think this has been done before , quite a few times to be exact , by many
Old 05-08-2007, 01:10 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 9fitty1
Leave Special Tool out of this one. He had nothing to do with this and his boyfriend Lart has been posting on this thread. You don't want Lart to part your car out.

Where's your N/A at? You're making assumptions about Dave's knowledge on the subject yet you're driving around an N/A? Dear lord. Get a clue. (I'm going to get killed for that one.)

LOL

A local EVO here 2.0 runs 55psi of boost and makes 1400WHP at 4 wheels... FYI, it runs methanol, the intake manifold actually sweats its so cold at full boost on the dyno
NZ951 is offline Report Bad Post Reply With Quote

I bet it only drives on the dyno
Old 05-08-2007, 01:12 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Driftomagnifico
My N/A is parked outside my house awaiting me to work on it.

I'm gonna use the power of THE HOF to make 200whp and then you'll see whats up DAWG.
Is this GR, sounds like GR

Hey come back , these guys bite a little , before they let you in , they just wanna see what you taste like
Old 05-08-2007, 01:15 PM
m42racer
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm glad to see that someone here has the ***** to even suggest doing something like this. Let alone actually do it!

As for those that trashed this thread, best go play on "My Space". Your comments and digs have no place here. I happen to enjoy reading about real attempts to make parts, do development etc. I would love to see the parts designed, made and developed by this drifto """"". What have you stepped up and done! Please post all pictures, development etc of your fabulous endeavors. I feel we all need a laugh about now. I figure we will not see anything of substance.

Good luck Dave. There are some here who think you are smart to do this and cool to share.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:18 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porschefile
It's really as simple as this, AFAIK, not a single person on this thread or in the 951 world (except supposedly Scott Gomes, who knows without dyno sheets or some kind of proof) has ever built a 944/951/968 motor to the level of horsepower we're talking about here. So in that regard, everyone's all talk 'til we see some numbers. Get over yourselves. Make fun of the Japanese car community all some of you want to but, a street 951 has yet to even break 600whp, let alone a full on dyno queen motor making 1000whp(that we know of). Just FYI but, there are several models of Japanese 4 cylinders that have surpassed the 1000whp mark back in the late 80's and early 90's. I honestly wonder how many here have actually stepped outside of Rennlist and checked out what other communities have accomplished. Everyone just chill out, and have a little humility because 1000whp is coming about 2 decades too late. How about seeing something from someone else's perspective. Coming from other car communities that have accomplished a whole hell of a lot more, it gets pretty damn old hanging around a group that can't look down on those other communities enough. I've actually grown to hate this community in some ways because of the arrogance. Jesus. I decided to quit my project and will likely sell my 951 (as much as I love it) because the closed-minded attitude around here drives me nuts. No wonder not much has progressed in this community after a few decades.

David, I'm glad someone is trying to push the limits. I wish you the best of luck. Some of my opinions may differ a bit from yours but, that's what makes cars interesting. After speaking with you in the past, it sounds like you certainly have the skills to get the job done.

Oh, NZ951, actually the Gt42r&Gt42rs were the basis for the HKS T51r KAI & SPL (SPL being similar to the 42rs). They are a similar size frame and the wheels are also similar in size, although HKS' are of course proprietary and a bit different. The Gt45 series has significantly larger wheels!

Ahem!
Old 05-08-2007, 01:26 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porschefile
Uhhh, the only other thing I have to say is people around here aren't too open to suggestions from "outside". Obviously individuals such as myself and Drifto (well he's a jerk but, I've learned to live with it ) aren't part of the Ivy League 951 tuning society. You don't have to be a rocket scientist or motor builder for half a century to understand at least some of the dynamics involved in constructing motors of this nature. Actually, I'd say a significant part of it really boils down to common sense when you think about it. I'm not claiming any of us knows it all or anything. In the past, I've tried to offer an open-minded insight and give people some ideas from my experience in communities that have already achieved what some are attempting to do here. So what if I haven't built a 1000whp motor myself. Does that mean my ideas have any less merit? It's always a good idea to take everything with a grain of salt, as no one individual is infallible. However, I don't feel many of my suggestions have been met with much of an open-minded attitude, and it seems I always get grouped with the "ricers" or people that simply don't know a damn thing. Rather than trying to re-invent the d@mn wheel here (speaking generally here David, not about your project) with something that has already been done by other cars countless times, why not take a good, hard look at what works for others? There is a lot to be said for keeping sh*t simple! A good racer learns from their opponents.

Please understand the 951 community are not building drag racers , if they where into drag racing they would have exceeded , there current standard numbers along time ago..

All the cars you have listed have poor driving characteristics , Yes they make big power , but are useless for anything other than drag racing . try taking your gt42 equipped monster for a lap at Sebring. you are comparing apple and oranges...
Old 05-08-2007, 01:46 PM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 9fitty1
You and everyone else should leave it at that. Period.

Having Scott Gomes do Dave's headwork... lol.
LOL...he said JME too.....I just spit my lunch out....I love this board! I think he just asked Wendy's to take their meat to McDonalds for them to cook them a hamburger. Get a farkin clue people.....
Old 05-08-2007, 01:48 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kasturbo
LOL...he said JME too.....I just spit my lunch out....I love this board! Get a farkin clue people...
Who is JME?
Old 05-08-2007, 01:49 PM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Who is JME?
John Milledge Engineering.

Quick Reply: 1000 rwhp anyone?