Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 06:44 PM
RT930turbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Question 951 Exhaust Hardware *LIST FINISHED*

Hello all,

Does anyone have a list of all sizes for the required nuts bolts and washers in a stock 951 exhaust? I am in the process of replacing all the seal rings from the lower manifold flange all the way back including the turbo rings since I have to pull the crossover anyway. Most of the factory hardware has either been replaced or broken over the years, so I would like te replace it with all new stainless, and I would like to avoid paying $5 for every nut, bolt and washer. I have tried PET and several parts websites like pelican, but all I can gather is an incomplete list at best.

If I can come up with all the sizes, I will proboably be ordering it in bulk from one of my suppliers here in town, so If anyone else is looking for a complete hardware set, I could most likely put one together for a fraction of the cost. (not trying to make any money here, just help out since I'll have the stuff anyway )

TIA,
Artie

Last edited by RT930turbo; 02-22-2006 at 03:36 AM.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:50 PM
87944turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Keep me in mind since I am basically doing the same thing. I am replacing from the downpipe back as well as installing a Lindsey crossover. I want to replace the bolts and nuts as well, but I have run into pretty much the same issue you have. At this point I am still pulling all of the old stuff off. But I will be looking for the same hardware here in a couple of weeks.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:55 PM
phils87951
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would talk to Paragon if you havent looked there yet.

Cheers
Old 02-19-2006, 08:05 PM
gregeast
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

944Online is also a good source for this kind of stock hardware.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:07 PM
RT930turbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 87944turbo
Keep me in mind since I am basically doing the same thing. I am replacing from the downpipe back as well as installing a Lindsey crossover. I want to replace the bolts and nuts as well, but I have run into pretty much the same issue you have. At this point I am still pulling all of the old stuff off. But I will be looking for the same hardware here in a couple of weeks.
I'll let you know when I find out whats going on.

I'll try 944 online as well as paragon, but I don't think that I can beat my wholesale deal, I can buy most stainless metric bolts for $8-15 per 50 pcs. That's why im still trying to compile a list of sizes so it will be easy to order. Thanks for the info guys
Old 02-19-2006, 11:25 PM
951Boost
Rennlist Member

Artie, PM sent.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:40 AM
87944turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

I did find these copper nuts at Paragon. $5.95 for a package of 20, which seems pretty good. I like the idea of using copper nuts so that won't rust, but I wonder how soft they are, and if they would strip/round off easily? Does anyone have any experience using these?
Old 02-20-2006, 09:37 AM
phils87951
Instructor

Originally Posted by 87944turbo
I did find these copper nuts at Paragon. $5.95 for a package of 20, which seems pretty good. I like the idea of using copper nuts so that won't rust, but I wonder how soft they are, and if they would strip/round off easily? Does anyone have any experience using these?
yes and they are not a problem to remove. its the only "smart" choice and a real head-ache saver when doing future work.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:02 AM
gregeast
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

I too am using the copper nuts and they seem to work great.

If you're going to be messing with studs do yourself a favor and get the exhaust studs from your local Saturn dealer. No, really. The Saturn studs have a torx end on them that you can use a torx socket on, which makes installation and removal much simpler.

Saturn Exhaust Stud
Ask for exhaust studs for a 94 SC2 and the part # is 11518152

I think I paid under $10 for all 8. I did have to call around to several dealers to find one that had them in stock.

Here's a pic of the copper nuts and the Saturn studs in the car:

Old 02-20-2006, 10:16 AM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by RT930turbo
I have tried PET and several parts websites like pelican, but all I can gather is an incomplete list at best.

If I can come up with all the sizes, I will proboably be ordering it in bulk from one of my suppliers here in town, so If anyone else is looking for a complete hardware set, I could most likely put one together for a fraction of the cost. (not trying to make any money here, just help out since I'll have the stuff anyway )

TIA,
Artie
Hi Artie, good timing. I am going to be replacing the crossover and turbo soon and was getting ready to start digging through PET and the manuals to try and find all the bolt sizes as I want to upgrade to all new bolts/nuts and seals as well. Do you have a list of what you have found so far so we can tell what you are missing? I havent started going through it yet.

I would be very interested in a full hardware set - definately keep me in mind. I plan to use copper gaskets where available and copper nuts throughout as well.

Last edited by SamGrant951; 02-20-2006 at 01:32 PM.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:02 PM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Artie how soon are you going to be ordering these? I need to crossover to turbo bolts very soon. Can we get these this week? I've got a bag of those copper nuts from Paragon that I've yet to find where they go. I'm guessing there for the wastegate and header connections. Your welcome to them if you want to come get them. I'll trade for the four crossover bolts.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:29 PM
RT930turbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

hey guys, I'll ltry to post what I have gathered when I get home from work this evening, The sizes I am missing are the turbo nut sizes, and most of the wastegate hardware. The three bolts / nuts that connect the short pipe to the crossover, as well as the 4 nuts that connect the wastegate to that pipe. I'll post the complete list when I have it in front of me.

I agree on using copper for the turbo / primary connections, makes removal much much easier without destroying the stud.

Thanks for the help guys!
Old 02-20-2006, 09:20 PM
RT930turbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ok here is the list I have so far, still need what I mentioned above...is there anything I'm missing? Also do you guys think stainless, or high grade metric for the bolts? Should we use copper nuts everywhere, or just on the turbo? I am open to suggestions here.
Attached Images  
Old 02-21-2006, 03:31 PM
RT930turbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well, after not to much luck searching online and through PET, I think I will head towards the car tonight and see if i can gather the rest of the sizes to put together a complete kit. I'll let you know what I find. Also when using PET I can find the parts I need, but on most of them it only displays a part number, no size. Is there any way to look at a detail of the size in the program?

Thanks for all the help, I hope I can put a few kits together for us!
Old 02-21-2006, 04:20 PM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Artie, I've got my turbo off if you want to come down and look at the crossover and down pipe bolts. Don't forget about thread pitch when making your list.

Quick Reply: 951 Exhaust Hardware *LIST FINISHED*