Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Time to present the "GO BIG.."-project! With pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 06:05 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

First we put all loose parts into a bath of pure diesel for atlest 4-7 days
It takes a while but the results are worth it!
I got similar results with proper enging parts washingmachine. It took only 20 minutes....
Old 12-23-2005, 06:06 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Olli, the stands are actually not Biltema ones... but that's only because they were out of stock for several months lol.

Sounds excellent about the wing... let's make this a true Scandinavian 951. Just have to figure out something for the Danish to deliver.... hmm, perhapas the beer, cant' think of anything else??

The turbo with accessories are being held up at customs. Just hope they keep their fingers away from the turbo wheels
Old 12-23-2005, 06:12 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We "just" have to unbolt Sami's wing (agree with that Sami?) and make a mold. I have also seen some secret Gruppe951 rearwing drawings couple of weeks ago. That wing looked much better than 968 Turbo wing. Let's see how that works out.

Haven't seen much Danish 951's owners here, i suppose most Nordic 951's can be found from Sweden-Norway-Finland
Old 12-23-2005, 06:18 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Ohh very very interesting...

I suppose the Danish are too busy modifying their "hot hatches" as they say in the UK
Old 12-23-2005, 08:26 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Duke:

Firstly nice av!

Secondly, those mounts are probably aftermarket ones, the OEM ones have an oarange/yellow base to them, not fully black. I have only HEARD bad stories on them, but never talked to anyone about them directly.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:41 AM
special tool
Banned

Looking good Duke.
I am really glad that you now have a dynojet, as these machines are standardized before leaving the factory.
I don't think it says anywhere what engine management you are using??
Old 12-23-2005, 09:11 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

DTA Fast P8Pro, a very powerful EMS.

Yes Hosrom, those are aftermarket mounts. If they fail I'll get the Lindsey Super Mounts.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:53 AM
Black Arrow
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Skunk Workz
Hmmm...why is that..?
Hmm... because one guy, one time long ago, in a galaxy far far away, heard something about another engine you`ve build...

(of course, I`m talking about your bikes engine...)
Old 12-23-2005, 01:41 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Duke
DTA Fast P8Pro, a very powerful EMS.

Yes Hosrom, those are aftermarket mounts. If they fail I'll get the Lindsey Super Mounts.
Might as well order the Supermounts now then. With the aftermarket mounts, its not so much "if they fail" its "if they fail before 2k km or 5k km". Ive heard a few stories if them dying within a thousand km.

The new goldish supermounts are cheaper and can lower the engine. They came out a while after I ordered the original Blue supermounts
Old 12-23-2005, 01:46 PM
special tool
Banned

Duke - why don't you just get Gomes' balance shaft delete kit - supposed to be very nice, and REVERSABLE!!!!
Old 12-23-2005, 03:38 PM
Dave E
Pro

I have that kit and can say it doesn't leak and is a thing of beauty...
Old 12-24-2005, 11:27 AM
aribop
Race Car

Duke, are those Lindsey Racing camber plates?
Old 12-24-2005, 01:58 PM
Laust Pedersen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Duke
Sounds excellent about the wing... let's make this a true Scandinavian 951. Just have to figure out something for the Danish to deliver.... hmm, perhapas the beer, cant' think of anything else??
How about a vacuum manifold and a brake booster T from somebody who still can speak Danish (jeg taler stadig dansk).

Laust

Originally Posted by 9fitty1
Laust, are you saying it is ideal to get a correctly matched harmonic balancer to a knife edged crank? Also that if you knife edge the crank it has nothing to do with the balance shafts because the b/s balance out the pistons and not the crank?
To the best of my knowledge we (and the typical I4 engines) don’t have a (torsional) harmonic balancer, probably because a combustion at every 180 crank degree and a 6500 rpm redline is below the fundamental torsional resonance frequency. They are common on V8’s with 90 crank degree combustions and less stiff crankshafts. When knife-edging a crankshaft the moment of inertia will be reduced (increasing the torsional resonance frequency) and the stiffness reduced (decreasing the resonance frequency). However my guess is that the net result will be a slight increase in the torsional resonance frequency, but by how much only serious testing or dynamic FEA can tell.
So yes, when knife-edging a crankshaft in an engine with a (torsional) harmonic balancer, the balancer should ideally be changed or modified as well.

Correct, the balance shafts are there only to counter the asymmetric motion (acceleration or force generation) of the pistons and connecting rods. If you to this graph of piston acceleration from mark944turbo’s web-site, add a similar graph shifted 180 degrees and multiply with appropriate numbers representing the piston, (part of) the connection rod weights and rpm adjustments you’ll have the forces, that balance shafts are intended to compensate for.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:54 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Thanks Laust.
Old 12-24-2005, 08:25 PM
ShApE
Burning Brakes

what kind of tires are those?????? they look amazing.

Quick Reply: Time to present the "GO BIG.."-project! With pics