Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Vitesse Stage II or Lindsey Racing 340rwhp kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 08:01 AM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Danny - I have a digital video of my 405 run (with a look at the screen and my car), but I don't know how to load it.
I'll post it or send it to you, if someone instructs me.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:27 PM
danny951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can host the video on my website if you'd like... I will PM you ftp instructions so you can upload it. How big is it?
Old 09-09-2008, 08:51 PM
aussiebj
Racer

I have the lindsay racing 340 rwhp kit just installed on my 87 944 turbo i had them down grade the turbo one size as it is my track car and i wanted it to spool up quicker and stay in the power band longer so my kit now only make 325rwhp. I drove in it today with only 10psi of boost and not tuned properly still to rich at idle, and wow is it frigging fast and the tune is not finished yet, and to think my max boost will be 16psi when i break the motor in..i have no dyno numbers yet only seat of the pants..just to let you know i have had 600hp pro street cars before and this little pocket rocket actually got me excited..my first track day is this Monday at NJMP i cant wait...All i can say is David Lindsay was great to work with and put together one hell of a package for me..I am very impressed with the car....Hope this helps out
Old 09-09-2008, 09:09 PM
pk951
Burning Brakes

It seems you get alot for your'e money good luck.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:42 AM
aeronautica86
Three Wheelin'

seriously though, I'm glad you're enjoying the Lindsey kit, I hear nothing but good things about their products/service
Old 09-11-2008, 01:50 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

^^^^^^^^^^^beautiful!
Old 09-11-2008, 09:19 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by DDP
Guys please. Just stop all this bitching.

I think for the money, the Guru kit comes with the most stuff. I have HEARD problems with the Lindsey kit not making that power. I think in their dyno it says that the dyno was done with a optional cam. That ups the price of the kit by a lot. Vitesse is obviously a solid option but you don't get everything with it. You won't want to run a stock wastegate with any upgraded turbo. That would be pointless.
Thank God someone is trying to moderate this endless debate. I for one want to thank you Derek. So where can I buy a Guru kit anyway?
Old 09-11-2008, 10:11 AM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a very simple solution.

Both manufacturers/tuners/etc (or any others, if they want in)... provide their kit to be installed on the SAME car at the SAME shop for testing on the SAME dyno....period.

In this format the intangibles are reined in, the platform (test vehicle) stays consistent and the installer is in impartial. I can provide a decent miled (65k) 951, I'll pay the shop to do the install(s) and video file the entire project.

Let the numbers/results do the talking and put this to bed once and for all.

NOW...who is up for the challenge?
Old 09-11-2008, 10:17 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by CPR
There is a very simple solution.

Both manufacturers/tuners/etc (or any others, if they want in)... provide their kit to be installed on the SAME car at the SAME shop for testing on the SAME dyno....period.

In this format the intangibles are reined in, the platform (test vehicle) stays consistent and the installer is in impartial. I can provide a decent miled (65k) 951, I'll pay the shop to do the install(s) and video file the entire project.

Let the numbers/results do the talking and put this to bed once and for all.

NOW...who is up for the challenge?

don't hold your breath. However their have been extensive testing of of turbos and various setups done by renn members.

Nize's turbo thread is a reall good one with some great info. However no thread is without its biased.

Based on looking at chart after chart. One thing you can take away they both make power, they both are capable of doing pretty much anything you'd need. The lindsey turbos seem to spool slower but, I think thats more of a tuning issue than anything else. Its why the vitesse kits outta the box spool so well.

I believe more thought into the tuning aspect of the kit and overall performance has been more readily sort after by john at vitesse than most other vendors.

If you are planning on doing your own tuning or going with a seperate piggyback(standalone) then I guess thats a moot point. In that case either kit would probably serve your purposes in their various trim and levels.

If you want outta the box plug in play. The vitesse is the way to go(I myself will have a write up in the future from my car coming from the lindsey setup to the vitesse setup and the difference i've personally seen between the two).
Old 09-11-2008, 03:44 PM
2bridges
Drifting

I went with Vitesse.
Stage3 for me with wasted spark. Love it!

See thread for my review
https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/450001-vitesse-stage3-v-flex-wasted-spark-goes-open-road-racing.html
Old 09-12-2008, 01:39 PM
chitown928s4
Three Wheelin'

i have the lindsey racing stage 2 MAF & chip setup for cheap if u want it PM me

Quick Reply: Vitesse Stage II or Lindsey Racing 340rwhp kit