Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Vitesse Stage II or Lindsey Racing 340rwhp kit

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 08:29 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

Yeah but look at that graph. It's peaky as hell. I'd prefer some mid-range. That car doesn't even pass stock HP until 3200 rpms. Granted it takes off like a bat out of hell but it's as weak as a civic below 4k....
Old 02-23-2005, 08:37 PM
mwc951
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by 9fitty1
The one problem I see with the Vitesse kit is the other things you must purchase to make the power that John makes with his kits. I don't know exaclty what is involved with his kits but I do know that they don't come with exhaust or wastegate, if I'm wrong correct me. Those two are pretty pricey. I think you have more of a guarentee when you go with Vitesse because there are many out there with this kit with tons of tech support and good power. But it is all about how much money you can spend. I would call each company...Lindsey, Guru, Vitesse and ask them questions about their kits. I didn't even know that Danno at Guru had a kit like that. That is quite a bit of money so call each of them and see which one like better.
All this from a guy who can't even figure out the FQS switch!!
Old 02-23-2005, 08:45 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No one will ever forget that huh? Yeah that was a dumb mistake and there is a long story behind it but you don't want me to go into that.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:49 PM
stewardx
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think a exhaust would help with that. By the way it was climbing I think 400-405 + at red line?
They are 500 RPM short of the factory red line. I wish there was a a/f to look at since that can have
a big effect on spool.

Wes
Old 02-23-2005, 09:16 PM
J Chen
Drifting

If you're looking for parts go to vendors who specialies in them.
If you looking for power upgrades than go to tuners. The two
don't really mix that well together if you ask me. It takes alot of
R & D to come up with a package that makes power at the same
time keeping the engine reliable.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:21 PM
RogueM3
Pro

It almost seems like the best option would be to go with the Lindsey 340 package and then have Vitesse tune it to get the optimal power out of it. I have no idea why Vitesse charges $3500 for a kit that appears to be so much less complete than the LR kit....I am not saying it isnt worth it as he appears to be the man...but I would go with a mixing of parts and tuning for the best hp/dollar ratio.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:30 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

mixing of parts IF the person has the knowledge, time, and patience to tune are one thing - many do not and then they want to bitch and complain. Buying parts from one vendor/tuner(the two listed qualify as both) makes troubleshooting and diagnostic work SO much easier for those who don't understand the concepts of engine management.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:36 PM
J Chen
Drifting

Yes buy from Lindsey & get Fast951 to tune for you ?
You'll be lucky if John does'nt kick you in the butt.
Old 02-23-2005, 10:18 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by J Chen
LOL

Old 02-23-2005, 11:19 PM
RogueM3
Pro

Originally Posted by J Chen
I am still new to this. I have just seen everyone praise Jon for his hard work and great customer service...and then LR seems to have a very complete kit for sale...seemed like a good idea. I still dont understand why the Vitesse kit (stage2) is so much money in comparison to the Lr 340 package. I understand it includes a piggyback but not much else aside from that.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:33 PM
HD911
Racer

Originally Posted by RogueM3
I still dont understand why the Vitesse kit (stage2) is so much money in comparison to the Lr 340 package. I understand it includes a piggyback but not much else aside from that.
Its pretty simple, Lindsey racing is a tuner who sells practically everything as far as mods go for 951's and the like, thus Dave Lindsey has alot more product readily available then Vitesse.

John at Vitesse only sell's a few items and doesn't have anywhere near the inventory that Lindsey has! Sort of like comparing prices between a specialty item at a small hardware store and the same item at Walmart, buying power plain and simple!
Old 02-23-2005, 11:46 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

You cannot compare kits by looking at the price and the number of parts.
Things to compare:
- Performance gains: Max numbers and area under the curve.
- Smoothness of power delivery.
- Reliability.
- Flexibility.
- Features (Data logging, additional control (water injection, timing control)..
- Ease of install...

LR has good products and they are good people to work with. Get a kit, and let's go to the dyno
Old 02-24-2005, 12:25 AM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, from what i've read/heard so far... Vitesse has awesome products, awesome performance gains, awesome customer service. *bows down*

Now you get more stuff with lindsey, but the vitesse kits makes the same power with less parts... Lindsey will make kits with discounts for whatever you need.. like if you have some of the parts in the kit already.

IMO, i say call up both companies, talk to john at vitesse and dave at lindsey... Tell them what you're looking for in gains, and what you want as far as spool up/tuning ability and other important info. Then decide from there...
Old 02-24-2005, 12:34 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Stewardx, why do you refer to Lindsey Racing in the thrid person? You work for them! Anyways, the Vitesse kit is so well proven you would be hard pressed to not select that kit. We all know about the LR claims of missing HP in their kits, but lets not dwell on that, as some have commented, you need to determine where you want that power, for 95% of people here its as early as possible! Which means Vitesse is your man.
Old 02-24-2005, 12:58 AM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NZ951
We all know about the LR claims of missing HP in their kits, but lets not dwell on that, as some have commented.
NZ, I don't want to push this too far, I probably shouldn't have even brought this up but, what hp claim are you talking about? I haven't heard anything..

Quick Reply: Vitesse Stage II or Lindsey Racing 340rwhp kit