Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

New Link Datalogging Software

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 07:31 PM
mark944turbo
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

No luck, the data is still ugly. I am supposed to be using v. 3.1a right?
Old 03-14-2004, 07:34 PM
cpt_koolbeenz
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah... I think we need to wait until someone else can try the program.
Old 03-14-2004, 10:56 PM
cpt_koolbeenz
Drifting

Sunday night would be a good time to try this little proggie and report back your findings... wink wink.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:35 PM
mark944turbo
Three Wheelin'

BUMP
Old 03-16-2004, 09:57 PM
cpt_koolbeenz
Drifting

Hi guys-
I'm running on borrowed time... The laptop I borrowed has to go back on Friday. There is not a lot I can do to fix problems if nobody else even tries the program. I thought there were more people interested in a new datalogging software than just one. I know some don't have their cars in working condition or are too busy, but I didn't need to pay Microsoft $157.68 to make the program work for me. I payed it so I could distribute it to everyone else. Thank you to the few of you that have showed an interest in supporting the project thus far, but I was hoping to help others out by investing time and money into this project. I am beginning to get worried that I made a mistake. Hopefully, after a little time, someone can try the program and get back to me to see if Mark's problem is universal. Then I can find another laptop and resume programming. (While the windows are rolled down - made that mistake once... won't do it again!) I'm more than willing to make my best attempt at facilitating the tuning process, but I need a little feedback too.
Old 03-16-2004, 10:13 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Have you thought about sharing your work with Link?
Old 03-17-2004, 06:42 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by cpt_koolbeenz
Hi guys-
I'm running on borrowed time... The laptop I borrowed has to go back on Friday. There is not a lot I can do to fix problems if nobody else even tries the program. I thought there were more people interested in a new datalogging software than just one. I know some don't have their cars in working condition or are too busy, but I didn't need to pay Microsoft $157.68 to make the program work for me. I payed it so I could distribute it to everyone else. Thank you to the few of you that have showed an interest in supporting the project thus far, but I was hoping to help others out by investing time and money into this project. I am beginning to get worried that I made a mistake. Hopefully, after a little time, someone can try the program and get back to me to see if Mark's problem is universal. Then I can find another laptop and resume programming. (While the windows are rolled down - made that mistake once... won't do it again!) I'm more than willing to make my best attempt at facilitating the tuning process, but I need a little feedback too.

Sorry to hear Chris.
Although it will take some time to get my car in shape, when I do I will help you as much as I can with this. I work with developing IT-solutions so I should be able to do some thorol troubleshooting on different computers, different conditions etc.

Gustaf
Old 03-17-2004, 05:39 PM
p0wp0w
Pro

hey how do I run the new .exe program?
My ComLink runs but when I try to run the program on the first post it says:
Runtime error "339":
Component "MSCOMM32.OCX" or one of its dependencies not currently registered: a file is missing or invalid.

Thanks, I'll try to get this running and working tomorrow to report to you guys

EDIT: Oh and this is on WinXP

Last edited by p0wp0w; 03-17-2004 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:54 PM
cpt_koolbeenz
Drifting

Hi powpow-
(Got your PM but haven't had time to reply...)
I imagine some others may have this problem too (it won't be a problem when this thing gets finished). Download this and save it to C:\Windows\system32\

Then go to Run in the start menu and type "regsvr32.exe mscomm32.ocx." (Omit the quotation marks and period)

That should make it work for you.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:19 PM
p0wp0w
Pro

Alright tried it out, this is what I got.

First, when I try to start the car with the AFMLink plugged into the SerialLink the car will start for 1sec and then die. When I plug the AFMLink into the Tuning Handheld it starts up fine. But when I do this, the CPT program logs what happens. So ok, I start it up with the Tuning Handheld connected then take it out and connect it to the SerialLink and start up CPT's program but it won't datalog anything, it is just a blank screen...Also when I try to save it shows:
Run-time error "339":
Component "comdlg32.ocx" or one of its dependencies not currently registered: a file is missing or invalid.

BUT when I do the same thing (Start it with the Tuning and then hook it up to SerialLink) and open the regular ComLink program it says writing file but when I go to open the file (change it to .txt right?) it shows up blank.

Try'in to get this thing workin asap so I hope someone can solve the problem
Old 03-18-2004, 03:47 PM
pete95zhn
Former Vendor

Received 109 Likes on 63 Posts

I'm not sure if this helps with your problem,but my car starts immediately with handheld tuning device connected,but with SerialLink it needs at least three attempts and runs very roughly for several seconds ( and needs some gas pedal pumping ) before smoothening.I haven't dared to switch between handheld and SerialLink with engine running,I've always switched it off just to be sure...
Old 03-18-2004, 07:02 PM
mark944turbo
Three Wheelin'

Leave the ignition in the second position for ten seconds, then start. And do it with the datalogging software open already, it just takes a little time to "load things" i think.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:13 PM
cpt_koolbeenz
Drifting

Originally posted by pete95zhn
I'm not sure if this helps with your problem,but my car starts immediately with handheld tuning device connected,but with SerialLink it needs at least three attempts and runs very roughly for several seconds ( and needs some gas pedal pumping ) before smoothening.I haven't dared to switch between handheld and SerialLink with engine running,I've always switched it off just to be sure...
I have been experiencing this more and more lately. The thing is it happens sometimes when the car is hot, LTM is plugged in, and I try to start it. But Mark is right, the AFMLink, when plugged into the computer automatically spits out all of the current settings in its memory. If you turn on your ignition while the SerialLink is hooked up and the program is running, you will see all of your current settings in all the zones. It usually takes 10-20 seconds. During that period of time, I don't think it gives the DME the proper signals.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:15 PM
cpt_koolbeenz
Drifting

For me, when the SerialLink is plugged in and the car is cold, the car runs pretty lean so pushing on the accelerator will make it die quicker. If anything, push on the accelerator a very small amount and see if that helps or hinders the car's starting.
Old 03-18-2004, 11:19 PM
cpt_koolbeenz
Drifting

BTW- A big thank you to everyone who responded lately to the post, PM's, and email! I haven't had ANY time yet to reply to emails, but will try to answer everyone tonight...

Quick Reply: New Link Datalogging Software