Notices
928 Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: 928 Specialists

Third Coast 2015...For Planning Purposes

 
Old 05-01-2015, 10:59 AM
  #46  
Jim M.
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Jim M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: DFW Texas
Posts: 3,373
Default

Hey Chuck, the peeps at the theater really want us back this year and they promised to plan accordingly instead of the goofs from last year.
I think they had their chance and blew it. Food was cold, service was lousy and they were cooking on a outdoor grill. I doubt it met any health codes either.
Jim M. is online now  
Old 05-01-2015, 01:42 PM
  #47  
SeanR
Running up the Odo'
Rennlist Member
 
SeanR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: DFW Texas
Posts: 34,409
Default

Originally Posted by Jim M. View Post
I think they had their chance and blew it. Food was cold, service was lousy and they were cooking on a outdoor grill. I doubt it met any health codes either.
Dang, I thought it was one of the better meals we've had at 3rd Coast. My food was fantastic. Part of the blame has to be on us though, we showed up with 30 more people than they were prepared for.
SeanR is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 02:45 PM
  #48  
Bilal928S4
Super User
 
Bilal928S4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Canaan, CT
Posts: 2,847
Default

I think it was Rogers fault. He was late and expected them to serve him.
Bilal928S4 is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 03:12 PM
  #49  
killav
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
killav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Richland Hills, TX
Posts: 1,527
Default

Even though the delivery system was weird (for the food), mine was also very fresh and good. I also liked the venue a whole lot. I thought it was a really cool place to hang out.......
killav is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 03:20 PM
  #50  
ROG100
Addict
Rennlist Member


Rennlist
Site Sponsor

 
ROG100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Double Oak, TX
Posts: 15,609
Default

Apart from us showing up with more people than they had planned for I agree with Sean and thought it was pretty good. Where we actually at the same place as you Jim??

They offered the complete bar area and the outside party area in addition to the Theatre. I have to say it would be worth going back just for the Karaoke. My dance partner better brush up on his dance moves though - Sean???
__________________


Does it have the "Do It Yourself" manual transmission, or the superior "Fully Equipped by Porsche" Automatic Transmission? George Layton March 2014

928 Owners are ".....a secret sect of quietly assured Porsche pragmatists who in near anonymity appreciate the prodigious, easy going prowess of the 928."
ROG100 is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 04:45 PM
  #51  
SeanR
Running up the Odo'
Rennlist Member
 
SeanR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: DFW Texas
Posts: 34,409
Default

Originally Posted by ROG100 View Post
Apart from us showing up with more people than they had planned for I agree with Sean and thought it was pretty good. Where we actually at the same place as you Jim??

They offered the complete bar area and the outside party area in addition to the Theatre. I have to say it would be worth going back just for the Karaoke. My dance partner better brush up on his dance moves though - Sean???
This Caucasian can't jump, shoot BBall or dance. I'll drink a bunch and fake the last one though.

Agree, the bar/karaoke was great and would like to go back and hang there. It's not like we have to walk far either.

Is that bearded cowboy singer going to join us this year?
SeanR is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 08:28 PM
  #52  
ROG100
Addict
Rennlist Member


Rennlist
Site Sponsor

 
ROG100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Double Oak, TX
Posts: 15,609
Default

You mean the Lizard with the huge voice.
__________________


Does it have the "Do It Yourself" manual transmission, or the superior "Fully Equipped by Porsche" Automatic Transmission? George Layton March 2014

928 Owners are ".....a secret sect of quietly assured Porsche pragmatists who in near anonymity appreciate the prodigious, easy going prowess of the 928."
ROG100 is offline  
Old 05-01-2015, 10:16 PM
  #53  
Chuck Schreiber
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thread Starter
 
Chuck Schreiber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Plano, Tx.
Posts: 3,144
Default

Originally Posted by SeanR View Post
Dang, I thought it was one of the better meals we've had at 3rd Coast. My food was fantastic. Part of the blame has to be on us though, we showed up with 30 more people than they were prepared for.
We may do a Dine around..
Dammit, I'm gettin some steak this year!! 👍👍😜😜🍷🍷
Chuck Schreiber is offline  
Old 05-03-2015, 06:33 PM
  #54  
jayc67
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
jayc67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Mansfield, TX
Posts: 669
Default

For what it's worth the wife and I liked the theater thing as well.

They were clearly overloaded but the food was good and they tried hard to make it work. I would not complain at a second chance.
jayc67 is offline  
Old 05-03-2015, 06:44 PM
  #55  
Chuck Schreiber
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thread Starter
 
Chuck Schreiber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Plano, Tx.
Posts: 3,144
Default

Originally Posted by jayc67 View Post
For what it's worth the wife and I liked the theater thing as well.

They were clearly overloaded but the food was good and they tried hard to make it work. I would not complain at a second chance.
Jay,
I know your favorite part is Becker winery!!
👍👍👍
Chuck Schreiber is offline  
Old 05-03-2015, 09:20 PM
  #56  
jayc67
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
jayc67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Mansfield, TX
Posts: 669
Default

Originally Posted by Chuck Schreiber View Post
Jay,
I know your favorite part is Becker winery!!
👍👍👍
Well that's true. I learned the max wine capacity of a 928 is about 4 cases, plus luggage.
jayc67 is offline  
Old 05-03-2015, 09:26 PM
  #57  
SeanR
Running up the Odo'
Rennlist Member
 
SeanR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: DFW Texas
Posts: 34,409
Default

Originally Posted by jayc67 View Post
Well that's true. I learned the max wine capacity of a 928 is about 4 cases, plus luggage.
This is exactly the tech info that should be provided on the 928 forum.
SeanR is offline  
Old 05-04-2015, 12:32 PM
  #58  
gomjfb
New User
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 4
Default

Will be there, nothing like another 2,000 mile round trip to get better acquainted with your car and this time I will have AC!
gomjfb is offline  
Old 05-04-2015, 01:42 PM
  #59  
Chuck Schreiber
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thread Starter
 
Chuck Schreiber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Plano, Tx.
Posts: 3,144
Default

Originally Posted by SeanR View Post
This is exactly the tech info that should be provided on the 928 forum.
Yeah,
Have Randy post in new visitor FAQ's!!!
Chuck Schreiber is offline  
Old 05-04-2015, 03:00 PM
  #60  
Keith Coe
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Keith Coe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tomball, TX
Posts: 270
Default

I am booked at the hotel as well. Hopefully we'll have another large Houston group come down. That being said, I'm debating whether or not to drive my other P car just for the hell of it. I'd be slumming a bit, and I'd know I catch hell for "six in the rear", but a 500 hp twin turbo 911 cabriolet is nothing to sneeze at!

Keith Coe is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Third Coast 2015...For Planning Purposes


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: