Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944 OBD Project (On-Board Diagnostics)

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 09:17 PM
riouxc
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Last version installed :

Thanks,
Charles
Old 09-16-2021, 07:54 PM
riouxc
Rennlist Member

Hello Joe,

I just updated to the latest version, thanks. I received an optional upte for FTDI drivers from MS :

Could these impact the fonctionnality of OBD+ ?

Thanks,
Charles
Old 09-16-2021, 07:56 PM
Ftech9
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 385 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by riouxc
Hello Joe,

I just updated to the latest version, thanks. I received an optional upte for FTDI drivers from MS :

Could these impact the functionality of OBD+ ?

Thanks,
Charles
Not exactly sure, you could try it and see what happens?
Old 09-16-2021, 07:58 PM
riouxc
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ftech9
Not exactly sure, you could try it and see what happens?
Will try and tell you about this.

Charles
Old 09-16-2021, 09:09 PM
riouxc
Rennlist Member

Oups...
Now will have to clean this up...

Old 09-16-2021, 09:15 PM
riouxc
Rennlist Member

Back to normal. FW updated. Note the versions of USB drivers...

Charles
Old 09-17-2021, 05:26 PM
Ftech9
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Hi Everyone,

I just pushed FocusOBD v0.15.191 to the website, It fixes issues with automated flywheel sensor diagnostics.

Best Regards,

-Joe

Old 09-17-2021, 10:33 PM
riouxc
Rennlist Member

Talking Updates

Hi Everyone,

I just pushed FocusOBD v0.15.191 to the website, It fixes issues with automated flywheel sensor diagnostics.

Best Regards,

-Joe
Updated successfully.

Thanks,

Old 09-18-2021, 01:48 PM
Ftech9
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Default Rogue Tuning and F9T DME OBD+ Upgrades

I now have an OBD+ Upgrade path for Rogue Tuning and F9T DMEs!

I have been thinking about how to offer an OBD upgrade for Rogue Tuning and F9T DMEs. To make good on this promise, I decided to offer a free upgrade to the latest SPORT DME with an OBD+ module order. Once you have placed an order for an OBD+ module, send in your RT or F9T DME as a core and I will send you back the latest DME and OBD+ installed.

Regards,

Joe Baumbach

Last edited by Ftech9; 09-18-2021 at 09:47 PM.
The following users liked this post:
riouxc (09-18-2021)
Old 09-18-2021, 03:21 PM
riouxc
Rennlist Member

Question Rogue vs LR

I now have an OBD+ Upgrade path for Rogue Tuning and F9T DMEs!

I have been thinking out how to offer an OBD upgrade for Rogue Tuning and F9T DMEs. To make good on this promise, I decided to offer a free upgrade to the latest SPORT DME with an OBD+ module order. Just send in your RT or F9T DME as a core and I will send you back the latest OBD+ DME.

Regards,

Joe Baumbach
Excellent news!
I will send my ECU monday the fastest I can. My car will be in storage in November, hope to test this ASAP. My MAF kit is from Lindsey and I think that there are some small difference. Ex: FQS :

Looking at the values from Josh's data on TunerRT, there are not matching...

What is the difference from RT to F9T DME ?

Thanks!
Charles
Old 09-18-2021, 03:30 PM
Ftech9
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Excellent news!
I will send my ECU monday the fastest I can. My car will be in storage in November, hope to test this ASAP. My MAF kit is from Lindsey and I think that there are some small difference. Ex: FQS :

Looking at the values from Josh's data on TunerRT, there are not matching...

What is the difference from RT to F9T DME ?

Thanks!
Charles
The FQS switch just outputs a fixed voltage for each of the eight positions. That voltage is fed to the ADC (Analog to Digital Converter) where the DME Program reads it out. It is entirely up to the DME program to interpret what that setting actually does on the software side, the DME hardware has no control over it. I only display the selected FQS position because I cannot know how aftermarket chips are interpreting the FQS selection.

Regards,

Joe

Last edited by Ftech9; 09-18-2021 at 03:34 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ftech9:
Dave Pierson (09-19-2021), riouxc (09-18-2021)
Old 09-27-2021, 09:42 PM
Ftech9
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Updated FocusOBD Software Available!

I just pushed FocusOBD v0.17.199 to the website. It has a patch to address the connection issue related to the new FTDI driver Windows is automatically installing. I am still working on a permanent fix, the issue is FTDI allows different versions of the same driver to be installed simultaneously. This is confusing the FocusOBD application as it try's to figure out which driver is being used.
Old 09-28-2021, 08:34 AM
riouxc
Rennlist Member

Updated FocusOBD Software Available!

I just pushed FocusOBD v0.17.199 to the website. It has a patch to address the connection issue related to the new FTDI driver Windows is automatically installing. I am still working on a permanent fix, the issue is FTDI allows different versions of the same driver to be installed simultaneously. This is confusing the FocusOBD application as it try's to figure out which driver is being used.
Thanks for this upate including the MAF !

The software communicates with the ODB+ flawlesly but it doesn't show the version of USB port driver... Is this normal ?

Old 09-28-2021, 10:16 AM
Ftech9
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Thanks for this upate including the MAF !

The software communicates with the ODB+ flawlesly but it doesn't show the version of USB port driver... Is this normal ?

Lets not get too excited, yes this FocusOBD software can read a specific MAF sensor via the auxiliary "AUX" input on the OBD+ module. However, it is not a part of engine management, it can only display its airflow in grams per second. The AUX connector was designed to be a universal generic input for various kinds analog sensors like fuel pressure and digital sensors such as Flex-Fuel. It could also output a 0 to 5V signal to drive devices like gauges or even simulate sensors. In this case, I need to read a MAF sensor in series with the AFM so I can verify if the OBD+ MAF controller can generate the same signal as the AFM. I completed the graphing feature so I could see both signals in real-time. Once the signals basically overlap on the graph, even as the ambient air pressure or temperature changes, we can then move to Beta testing. I will try to post later this week with a full update on the MAF Controller feature.

As for the USB Port Driver not displaying correctly, this will have no effect on functionality. It will take a day or two to rework the parser to handle this scenario, but it will need to wait because I am focused on MAF development at the moment.

- Joe

Last edited by Ftech9; 09-28-2021 at 10:31 AM.
The following users liked this post:
riouxc (09-28-2021)
Old 10-01-2021, 12:21 AM
michael7810
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm trying to diagnose an intermittent stumbling at idle problem. At first it was with a cold engine but yesterday it occurred after driving a few miles. When it occurs the idle is rough/low rpm and applying the accelerator usually results in a stall. It restarts ok and usually clears up after a minute or two. I have the obd module. The DME temp equals the inlet air temp and water temp gauge when cold. The NBO2 reading is LEAN while running (I haven't driven it with the computer yet) and only momentarily goes to RICH when I rev it up to about 4K and release the pedal. So what should I be looking for in OBD to help diagnose the problem? Is there an OBD video of a good running 951 at idle I can compare my readings with? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Quick Reply: 944 OBD Project (On-Board Diagnostics)