Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

West Coast Wrenchers' Waterpump get together!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2005 | 03:56 AM
Don 944 LA
Three Wheelin'

( for headcount )

Me - on the 28th

Don
Old 08-27-2005 | 10:38 AM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

So where is the meeting place? I will be heading back to Nor-Cal on Sunday but I wouldnt mind stopping in and meeting the So-Cal people. I grew up in Hacienda Heights....if anyone knows where tht is.
Old 08-28-2005 | 01:53 AM
Don 944 LA
Three Wheelin'

last minute check ......

Still on for tomorrow ????

I guess PM LegoLand for address

I should be up there 9:00-10:00 depending when I get my lazy *** outa bed.

Don
Old 08-28-2005 | 02:03 AM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

If you get lost call me. Whether it's officially "on" or not I'm swinging over there (after coffee) regardless. Who cares. We got 944s - we got problems. If nothing else, I can keep an army of a dozen people busy for a week on all my personal crap if there's supposedly a shortage of work. . . Not that it'll be a problem anyway - that ain't the intention, this is for Julie.

Anyway Don, I got rid of my cell phone, but PM me and I'll give you my house line # if ya' need it.
Old 08-28-2005 | 04:31 AM
Legoland951
Race Car

Anyways I will be doing a lot of work on a 944 tomorrow morning. The BBQ will be in use and all who wants to see how some stuff is done is welcomed.
Old 08-28-2005 | 05:57 AM
swimmingly
Instructor

It's late, I know but I've been busy with school and stuff.

Frank or anyone else who knows, what's the address of the place? I may or may not drop by depending on if I get a PM with an address. Thanks
Old 08-28-2005 | 06:19 AM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Wink Dealership dealt with me to my satisfaction 8/30

I'm sure we can have another GTG next Sunday, if Frank is willing - not sure if we can actually finish my car in one day...may have a glitch, starting to look like 2 Day session, AHHHHHHH!

We also will be commandeered to help Winnie move a few things, she needs some help (none of us will mind, right?).

Don, Andial, I've PMd the address & my cell to you both.

I spent 5 hours in traffic grabbing this waterpump and I'm not sure - I think there's one part on it wrong.

Um, isn't that one part supposed to be blocked on an N/A? This is the full turbo version, and I sure don't have the cooler to connect to it, but I have that turbo piece - #7 at Porsche...my usual guy wasn't there today (he has a Shark), so I drove the new guys up a wall - I thought they sold the same waterpump regardless of year, but it's blocked off?

Anyway, they told me I was showing them the casting number, but not the PART #!!

Clark's Garage says I'm correct, but there needs to be some modifying, to use the newer pump, I'm bringing the print out - AND MY CAR. Found out it was sales guys trying to be part guys, they didn't know the difference...and then they brought up the accident at the California Speedway. What do we NOT do around me?

Sidenote to my story at my Porsche dealership:

8/30 I went to the parts counter, the manager wasn't there, and they brought some guy who looked at me like I was an idiot. I told him what happened, I wasn't happy with his reaction.

On my way out, I walked BETWEEN the two Carerra GTs, figuring maybe THIS guy can help me. He has a shark, and knew the story CORRECTLY. The misinformation won't happen again (guess they were newbies).

I was satisfied with what he said, and how it would be addressed, about the insensitivity.

- Julie

Last edited by Devia; 08-30-2005 at 10:07 PM.
Old 08-28-2005 | 01:01 PM
Don 944 LA
Three Wheelin'

on the road @ 9:00

see Y'all soon

Don
Old 08-28-2005 | 09:58 PM
beeg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Devia
I'm sure we can have another GTG next Sunday, if Frank is willing - not sure if we can actually finish my car in one day...may have a glitch, starting to look like 2 Day session, AHHHHHHH!
- Julie
Yes please!
Old 08-29-2005 | 04:08 AM
Don 944 LA
Three Wheelin'

Well, my 944 made it to LBC and back.

I learned alot today Thanks Frank & Kelly.

We ( I basically watched ) removed and dismantled an entire rearend. Removed Tranny. Removed clutch housing and various etc ...

Notes : watch the 13mm that can fall in clutch !! .. Cus the plastic sleeve in the tranny ... plus tons of other stuff. Frank has a way of mentioning things that you wouldn't otherwise know.. like " This is a speciel bolt etc ... "

The house looks like it's coming along nicely as is the garage.

I am going to try my best to get back up there next weekend ( sunday ? ). Frank may still have some things going with the current project, and I'm sure there's no shortage of wrenching needs on attendees rides.

Devias baby is roadworthy again. Leak seems to be fixed. I Followed her a short while till the freeways split and her wave goodbye meant that it was fine on a drive. Note: next GTG, regrease left bearing to match the right side. We have yet to determine stuff in coolant, but seems OK for now I guess.

oh, good BBQ too !!!

so to Frank & mrs Frank, Devia, Kelly, Jeff & Mrs Jeff, and ( I forgot his name ), I had an enjoyable day with Y'all

Don

and everyone got a sneak peak @ The HIVE

Old 08-29-2005 | 04:50 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

So the water pump was ok? Julie, is the pump living in your car now?
Sorry I couldn't make it everyone and legoland, I was helping a freind install a roll bar in his miata (hardest roll bar install EVER!) in the 2,000,000 degree heat! I'd like to come to an upcoming get together though. Maybe I should stop being so lazy about my car. Either way though, i have a daily driver (for which you guys can help swap motors if you feel so inclined, I'll be doing that soon enough)
Legoland, do you have storage space for a car at your place? If I paid some money, or traded labor? I'm thinking of picking up a wrecked integra so i can swap the motor, tranny, ecu axles etc, plus suspension (all of it, control arms etc etc) brakes (calipers, disk, MC, booster, lines etc)
Basically convert to integra mechanically, but minus the extra 500 pounds of the integra. (Then I'm going to run my mouth and make claims about how I'll own all you guys at the track) Then I'd part out the rest of the car, and get rid of the shell. Possible to do in a few months?
~Eyal
Old 08-29-2005 | 12:05 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

My box of parts came in Fri but was missing the crucial xover tube gasket so hopefully it will be here today and I can wrap up the WG install.

Good to hear Sun was a productive day and folk's got to meet some new faces. Is part II on the 4th?
Old 08-29-2005 | 01:20 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

I am all for it and it was great seeing everything there. Don has enough electronics in his car to rival what is in most households After a while, I was expecting to find a teleporter or something out of this world. Kelly became an "official" German car mechanic (finally developed and utilized the list of colorful metaphores used by all 944 wrenches). The phrase of the day was from Don asking about Jeff: When is he coming back with the beer?
Old 08-29-2005 | 01:37 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Sorry guys, I got home and just died. Didn't get up until about 10pm. The beer will arrive fresh and cold for next week's GTG though. . .

Clutch jobs bite. If I'm ever so unfortunate as to need one, it'll be one of those rare items for which I just pay the "rape me" prices to have someone else do it. Ugh. I'd rather have a root canal.
Old 08-29-2005 | 02:20 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Root canal is worse. Especially the 4 canal rooters though it takes longer to do a clutch. I thought doing the clutch is expensive. Go get a crown made. I had a fight with a tough piece of pork and broke one of my tooth, thus the $1100 crown.

Quick Reply: West Coast Wrenchers' Waterpump get together!