Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

West Coast Wrenchers' Waterpump get together!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005 | 04:51 PM
Mongo
Official Bay Area Patriot
Fuse 24 Assassin
Rennlist Member

I'd be glad to help if you need it Jeff. I'll be wrenching on my water pump and timing belt this weekend with my buddy and my dad. Sunday I'll be able to come up. And, yes we can go hunt for Mustangs
Old 09-28-2005 | 06:18 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Jeff, that sounds like the perfect weekend!! But that swapping out the dash thing is going to eat up some time and patience, ouch.

Kelly, Dad is wrapping up an engine ohaul on his S4 and has done some major wrenching with me on the 951, he swears of the two the S4 is waaaaay worse. Not to mention all those valves.

BTW; MAF intake will be back from powder coater tomorrow, all for a 12pak of Bud. Lucky for me anyway......
Old 09-28-2005 | 06:39 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

No matter. . .

The oil pan thing is gonna' be a few weeks so I'll keep you all posted. Don't fret, there will be plenty of bolts to turn for all!

Maybe we can add a vitesse stage 3 turbo "while we're in there"? (anyone got one?) hmmm. Didn't think so. . . Too bad.

For this weekend it's just little crap like the n/a stuff I mentioned. Maybe we can even start priming it, although I'm not sure about how to do that without getting primer all over everyone's stuff (unless it's done in the alley). We'll figure something out.
Old 09-28-2005 | 06:52 PM
josephsc
Race Car

From: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA

Originally Posted by ibkevin
Jeff, that sounds like the perfect weekend!! But that swapping out the dash thing is going to eat up some time and patience, ouch.
The dash thing isn't too bad -- I just did it a couple of weekends ago. Swapped a dashes between two cars -- so twice! The trick is in keeping everything organized. What I did was print out an extra copy of directions from Clark's garage, and taped every screw I pulled onto the pages using liberal amount of transparent packing tape. That way, all the screws were exactly where they are supposed to be an sitting next to the instructions. Have fun!

BTW, so do you need the hood soon?
Old 09-28-2005 | 07:18 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

"Maybe we can add a vitesse stage 3 turbo "while we're in there"? (anyone got one?) hmmm. Didn't think so. . . Too bad."

.......but I do have a new K27/6 conversion sitting in the garage!
Old 09-28-2005 | 11:57 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Nah, whenever you feel like it is fine w/ me. I've got enough to do to keep me busy for a while before I'll need it. . . Heck, I could easily use my remaining 3 weeks' vacation just working on my 944 projects and still have a few things to do!
Old 09-29-2005 | 03:46 AM
Don 944 LA
Three Wheelin'

Julie,

You cant paint your hood !!!!!
It makes me feel better about my paint peeling when I look at yours

Don
Old 10-01-2005 | 09:25 PM
Kelly Chiu
Racer

So whats the story for tomorrow? Julie?
Old 10-02-2005 | 12:36 AM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Exclamation

Jeff - we can always have a weekend at your place, silly, and help you! Tofu stuff and other goodies in tandem, you know.

Well, I was going to ask everyone to bring a few pounds of meat, or meat-less burger stuff for those who don't eat meat! So, bring like something each - Albertson's has chicken breasts on sale, $1.87 lb; Von's has chicken legs & thighs for $.89 lb! Red meat not on sale that I saw.

Some fruit, veggies & chips. Beer optional, I'll leave that up to you all!

I have some sodas stashed for this occasion.

Now, does anyone have an early spare ignition switch, new? I made a HUGE screw up. Pelican & Paragon have it for $12, but I didn't order it in time, GRRR.

I didn't order it on time yesterday to overnight it, my fault. I also have my strut inserts, and still need to repack bearings on the left front wheel!

I can put her all back together, and use the screwdriver trick to restart her I guess, just don't want people to see me do it, lol.

Can you believe my boyfriend helped me to DO it!? I was impressed! He actually likes the newer dash, he just hates MY dash. He doesn't like shifting in traffic, which is why he wants an automatic. He asked if we could get him a 928 automatic next year, or a BMW. I'm shocked! I actually do like 928s, but I've worried about the cost of gas, and working on them. 928 people told me that if you can work on a 944, then we have nothing to worry about.

Dooon! Gotta fix my hood, she needs to look like a Porsche - not a Poorsche!

Good news - this shoulder dislocation brought all the feeling BACK into my arm & hand! The doctors were all wrong - pinched nerve was evidently in my shoulder, not my neck like the MRIs hinted at. Those are just herniated. I can't tell you how happy I am to feel ALL my fingertips again, even if I'm not at full strength yet. It's soooo COOL!

- Julie
Old 10-05-2005 | 06:03 PM
Ebby_951S
Instructor

Hi, everyone-

I'm a total noob on this forum (this is my second post), but I live in Anaheim, and so would thoroughly enjoy attending the next so cal GTG you fellow 944 owners throw. I'm a new owner of an '88 951 S, and sure could use some sage advice on its condition and subsequent repairs/maintenance.
Old 10-05-2005 | 06:26 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Thumbs up

Welcome Aboard Ebby,

You will find thousands of years of water cooled experience here.

I see you have found the perpetual WCW thread! There are only a handful of Turbo cars that show for the GTG's, the closest being Porsche-O-Phile, and Kelly Chu. Myself, TheStig, and a few other listers will be doing the Coronado Speed Fest on Sunday and the best thing about it, no wrenches involved! I look forward to meeting up with you.

Here's another GTG for this weekend, in the Long Beach area.
Old 10-05-2005 | 06:45 PM
Ebby_951S
Instructor

Thanks for the invite, Kevin! I will be in Temecula this weekend for the classic car show, so I may have the time to make the Speed Fest.

Quick Reply: West Coast Wrenchers' Waterpump get together!