Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lots of New People Lately - Let's do a "Get To Know Each Other" Post For New & Old!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 06:32 PM
sethclayton
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Name: Seth Clayton
Hudson, WI (very close to Twin Cities, MN)

Occupation: Horse trainer, professional equestrian. Loads of fun! I get to travel all over the country and world to compete and buy/sell horses! We meet all sorts of cool people too!

Bought my '86 944 just after new year's this yr, after I had to let go of my '02 Dinan3 BMW. It still might make it out of the grave...we'll see. After losing that car, I really needed something to truly lift my spirits. I was looking at all sorts of different cars when my roommate joked one day that I should replace it with a porsche! I didn't think I could afford a porsche, but we started looking anyways, and I found mine outside of Chicago. So far so good! Has a couple minor things I need to fix up, but other than those it's bomb proof as hell! <knock on wood> Anyway, that's me! If my Bimmer doesn't come back from the grave I'm thinking of parting it out and then taking that money and buying a 951 as well...we'll see if the 944 survives that purchase or not. You never know!
Old 04-10-2007, 08:13 PM
Gremlin85
Racer

Name: John Granlund

Occupation: Was an auto tech up until a year ago, then I got into the Insurance Biz. It payed for my 944.

I bought my 1987 Slate Gray on Burgundy 944 NA Christmas Eve. I had been looking at 944's for over a year and couldn't find one that seemed to fit my 'needs'. So in October of 2006 I had put a WTB ad on my local Craigslist and within a day got a response from guy localy. I went to see it and fell in love! After a couple months of saving and working with him, I bought it in cash. Sealed the deal Christmas Eve and never looked back.

Everyone here has helped more than they know and the Pelican site is great too.

I have an addiction to this series of Porsche and will never quit! Once I get more money I will buy a 951 or someday be able to afford a 968. Those are the only cars I would EVER give up my current 944 for!

Other than minor repairs this Porsche has been perfect. It was destiny, I think.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:49 PM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome new ones!
Old 04-11-2007, 03:19 PM
86944m44
Rennlist Member

Name: Anthony Drewitz, and I'm a Porsche-holic

Non Porsche Related Hobbies: <===Um...what else is there?

Porsche Genesis: My dad worked for a Porsche dealership when I was growing up, so the showroom was my playground. Because of this I've always had the "Porsche bug". My first porsche was an early 85 944 that I bought for 1k after it sat in some guys yard in Alabama for a year with a snapped t-belt. Since then there have been many others, mostly 944s, a Chalon 914...

How I found out about Rennlist: My brother has been a member for years (85944na). I've been searching the forums for years to find help with problems, finally decided to join up.

Before I saw this thread I posted to say hello to everyone. Here's a link:

I guess I need to post more before I can post links My post is the only one that pops up if you search for:

"shaved bumperettes 968 saratoga"
Old 04-11-2007, 08:36 PM
mschnitger
Rennlist Member

Name: Mike Schnitger

Occupation: District Manager for company which manages food service operations within correctional facilities.

Non Porsche Related Hobbies: Boating and working around the house.

Purchased my 86 951 about one year ago. Been lurking on Rennlist for awhile trying to learn about my car and its modifications.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:48 PM
chris_v
Instructor

Name: ill give ya one guess

Occupation: Student, major: secondary education, social science
working for cingular/ at&t
porsche genesis: have wanted a 944/ 924s since i was 14, favorite game in the world was need for speed porsche unleashed. NASA returned to our region last year and saw that 944 spec was coming with it, that was enough incentive for me to sell my turbo'd 240sx and buy an 88 924S. the rest is history.

hobbies: snowboarding, rock climbing, anything outside really and racing!!!

Old 04-11-2007, 09:15 PM
indefactorX
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Robert Money

Sachse TX

--Professional Graphics Designer & Sign designer

I've been on Rennlist for a few years now, and just got my membership status yesterday

My first porsche was a 1979 Porsche 928 that was loads of fun, unfortunately, i found out the hard way that you should not buy a Project car as a Daily Driver :P

Just recently i acquired a free 1987 Porsche 944 and i am going to have loads of fun restoring yet another Porsche!

Anyways, Hello to everyone! If you're in the Garland / Dallas area, give me a shout so you can help me refurbish this beast
Old 04-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Anaheim944
Instructor

Name: I. Zavala

My dad owned a 84' 944 when I was young. I loved that car and beating family members to diffrent family gatherings in it. My uncle crashed it a few years later. My dad has always been a mechanic but about 15 years ago he started working for a Porsche specific shop and has been doing that since. About a year ago I bought my white 87' 944 off a guy in the Navy who was becoming a lifer and planned on being in Japan for his next term. I paid $2600. I think I got a nice deal on it, and ive been fixing it up slowly but surely. GLAD TO HAVE DISCOVERD THIS SITE AND GLAD BE BE GETTING TO KNOW YOU GUYS AND YOUR CARS
Old 04-12-2007, 01:34 AM
Czechsmola
7th Gear

Name: F. Smola

I have always had an interest in cars since I was a little kid however I never really had the opportunity to work on them since my father passed away when I was young and my mom would never really allow me to mess with her car...even though I often did. A few years ago my family met another Czech family (my same Background) and I discovered that he Raced Porsche's as a hobby. He had a shop with a few really interesting Porsche and a lot of neat parts. I spent every moment I could in that shop learning what I could. He however got a better job in the US and moved a way a little over a year ago. A few weeks ago I got a phone call from my friend telling me that he still has his 924s in Canada and offered to sell it to me for a very reasonable price. So currently I am reading up on what ever I can to get my knowledge back up to what it was, and have discovered a lot of neat thing that I think I would like to do to the car once I get it.....
Old 04-13-2007, 05:05 PM
rennentech
2nd Gear

Name: Mike Magee
Occupation: I own my own repair/performance shop in Wilmington, DE called Rennen Repair & Performance. Been in business for about 3 yrs now and it's not easy but i manage...literally!

Non-Porsche Related Hobbies: I like skatboarding/surfing/snowboarding, I also play a little raquetball with my dad to get in my excersice, played most sports when I was in school (baseball,football,soccer,basketball) wrestled varsity in highschool. Working on my 90' VW Corrado G60.

Porsche Genesis: The first porsche I ever saw when I was real young I think was in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" other than that I've always been into cars mainly European(Porsche,Audi,VW,BMW) I've been working on them since I was about 15. No I don't have a porsche yet but I am looking into doing maybe a 951 or a 911 project sometime in the future depending on the finances. The main reason why I signed up for this forum is b/c I am doing a lot of research to brainstorm for a new project plus I have some customers with porsches that I love to work on, since I'm young I don't know everything about every porsche out there and rennlist is a very good reference

How I found out about Rennlist: My previous boss(owner of M-tech) talked about it alot and just being in the field for a while it's come up a lot. I'm actually trying to become a member if any administrators are reading this I tried to pay paypal and it didn't work. I sent an email a while ago and still havn't gotten a response I will try to send another email but in the meantime if anyone has any easier way's I can pay and become a member please let me know ( i guess just send me a PM)

Thanks guys I will def be a member for a while and hopefully will aquire a porsche some time soon, I hope none of you are mad at me for being on this forum without being a porsche owner!
Old 04-13-2007, 10:45 PM
ExMainer
Instructor

Name: John Sarantop
Occupation: Mass State Inspections/Manage Landscaping crew/Part Time student @ BU

All started with my 76 924... bought it when I was 16, never managed to get it started. Not even worth mentioning.
Then came the 924S. Had her for 4 years. Daily driver for all four.
Loved every minute of it. My commute increased and the 24S with 220k was getting a little tired and had to regretably sell it.(Still fetched 3300$ though!) Wish I could have kept it, but one is enough for me. Decided to aim for a 85.5+ with the same 2.5litre, bulletproof and didn't ever fail me before. Found out about the 3.0 litre S2, like the idea of the extra N/A power. So 2 years after that, here we are. My 944 series story. Hope you all enjoyed it!
Old 04-13-2007, 10:49 PM
Mamooguy
Three Wheelin'

The car in Ferris Beuller's Day Off was a Ferrari ... maybe you meant Risky Business?
Old 04-14-2007, 12:42 AM
MyBlackCar
Pro

Name: Jimmy L

Non Porsche related activites: Currently prepping for the GMAT.

P-car genesis: I saw my first Porsche in Hawaii. It was a 944. You could describe it as love at first sight. Fast forward 20 years later: It was a chance encounter that I acquired my first love: a black 944 n/a. Since then, little Hondas' and Toyotas' have been unsuccessfully giving me hell. I will get a black 968 in a few years, but the house with an accompanying garage comes first.

How I found out about Rennlist: www.autobahn.com
Old 04-14-2007, 12:49 AM
MyBlackCar
Pro

Originally Posted by rennentech
Name: Mike Magee
Occupation: I own my own repair/performance shop in Wilmington, DE called Rennen Repair & Performance. Been in business for about 3 yrs now and it's not easy but i manage...literally!

Non-Porsche Related Hobbies: I like skatboarding/surfing/snowboarding, I also play a little raquetball with my dad to get in my excersice, played most sports when I was in school (baseball,football,soccer,basketball) wrestled varsity in highschool. Working on my 90' VW Corrado G60.

Porsche Genesis: The first porsche I ever saw when I was real young I think was in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" other than that I've always been into cars mainly European(Porsche,Audi,VW,BMW) I've been working on them since I was about 15. No I don't have a porsche yet but I am looking into doing maybe a 951 or a 911 project sometime in the future depending on the finances. The main reason why I signed up for this forum is b/c I am doing a lot of research to brainstorm for a new project plus I have some customers with porsches that I love to work on, since I'm young I don't know everything about every porsche out there and rennlist is a very good reference

How I found out about Rennlist: My previous boss(owner of M-tech) talked about it alot and just being in the field for a while it's come up a lot. I'm actually trying to become a member if any administrators are reading this I tried to pay paypal and it didn't work. I sent an email a while ago and still havn't gotten a response I will try to send another email but in the meantime if anyone has any easier way's I can pay and become a member please let me know ( i guess just send me a PM)

Thanks guys I will def be a member for a while and hopefully will aquire a porsche some time soon, I hope none of you are mad at me for being on this forum without being a porsche owner!
If you do not own one within 2 years, YES! we will give you hell (just kidding). I lurked for 2 years learning what it takes to own one before I took the plunge. I was fortunate to land a 2.7L from the start. For the most bang for the buck, look for a 968 944 turbo, or 944 S2 if you can.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:21 AM
Graufuchs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,384 Likes on 510 Posts

Im back this time with a 911(shortly). HAve been away for 3yrs....still have dreams about my 944.

Quick Reply: Lots of New People Lately - Let's do a "Get To Know Each Other" Post For New & Old!!!