Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

New 3.2 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 05:48 PM
ccamut
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love this thread, I cant get enough. Ed keep up the good work getting under Mikes skin, everyone in Denver is watching

Don't mention his short stature he will really go nuts.

Mike Im just pissed i didn't get a mention for all the good advice I've given you.

I really should get back to work.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:49 PM
ccamut
Instructor

Jesse, Quigs, weigh in here, I know you cant resist.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:08 PM
ccamut
Instructor

I'm personally intellectually sexual.....oops wrong forum
Old 03-15-2013, 09:00 PM
mmporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Moving on Camut....

I visited my car today hoping that it may be finished but the wrong torsion bars arrived so I will have to wait another week to pick her up.

I did collect a large box of used parts (shocks, torsion bars, many worn out hoses, boots, etc.) I am keeping the original shocks and torsion bars for the day I sell the car.

I did get to see a number of new, shiny parts installed including Bilstein Sports shocks, new rotors and pagid blacks, turbo tie rods, repacked wheel bearings, brake cooking kit.

I have to replace both rockers due to someone not knowing how to properly lift a 911. Found two nice replacement rockers that will require repainting.
Attached Images      
Old 03-16-2013, 09:59 AM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mmporsche: don't let that nasty tone sheeit bother you. You're experiencing what many others have experienced from the resident curmudgeon...nothing new, at all.

Diggin' your project,..it's gonna' be fine. I've an 89, too, but she's pretty much stock.

You seem to know what you're doing, as well as being well-connected with true professionals out there (not the zealous warriors).

Press on,..and simply ignore what/who needs (and deserves) to be ignored.

Best to you and your project! Keep us posted!

Doyle
Old 03-16-2013, 06:45 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by mmporsche
Moving on Camut....
Good for you mm! No need to respond to that, that's not what this forum is about! Keep us posted, I am enjoying this read.

Last edited by SARGEPUG; 03-16-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:55 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Let me rephrase that a bit.....I wouldn't say "ignore" the ones (and their content/experiences) who offend you with their verbiage,..just ignore the verbiage......

Good info to be had, even if from those "types" you mentioned....however, there never exists any "license" to be a "sexual intellectual" and administer accordingly.

Not here.

Yeap: moving on is always best!

Keep us posted!

Doyle
Old 03-16-2013, 11:41 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 53 Posts

Well, speaking of those that don't "do"...

Originally Posted by dshepp806
mmporsche: don't let that nasty tone sheeit bother you. You're experiencing what many others have experienced from the resident curmudgeon...nothing new, at all.

Diggin' your project,..it's gonna' be fine. I've an 89, too, but she's pretty much stock.

You seem to know what you're doing, as well as being well-connected with true professionals out there (not the zealous warriors).

Press on,..and simply ignore what/who needs (and deserves) to be ignored.

Best to you and your project! Keep us posted!

Doyle
Old 03-17-2013, 07:11 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

I knew we'd get a "Case in Point",....no comments needed (not to be dramatic)....-ahem.

I "do", Sir. (Or have done by Pros). You **** a lot of people off with your approach

(geeze)....

Ignore this juvenile distraction and keep us posted on your project.

BEST!

Doyle
Old 03-17-2013, 07:20 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

man-up and answer back to mmporsche, bro'? Huh?
Old 03-17-2013, 07:31 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dshepp806
man-up and answer back to mmporsche, bro'? Huh?
Why don't you look at post 40? Like I said, I wasn't trying to be an ***, simply going by my impressions-the thing about him stating he hadnt bought springs, etc, contributing to that impression.

I also acknowledged it is certainly his car, and I'm sure it will be a fun build. My comments were based on a been there-done that. So, yes, I have an opinion to offer, more so than you in this instance. It's obvious you and I are like oil and water, and I will not ignore your snipes a week after-the-fact.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:17 PM
SARGEPUG
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
Why don't you look at post 40? Like I said, I wasn't trying to be an ***, simply going by my impressions-the thing about him stating he hadnt bought springs, etc, contributing to that impression.

I also acknowledged it is certainly his car, and I'm sure it will be a fun build. My comments were based on a been there-done that. So, yes, I have an opinion to offer, more so than you in this instance. It's obvious you and I are like oil and water, and I will not ignore your snipes a week after-the-fact.
Let's not blow this thread out of proportion! I think it was a simple misunderstanding between MM and Ed. As long as they are no longer in a confontation, let it lie!
Old 03-17-2013, 11:29 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Agreed!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:59 AM
TTownThomas
Advanced

I recently sold an 85 targa. I had the seats redone. I can share my experienced if you want.
Old 03-19-2013, 10:35 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,109 Likes on 793 Posts

TTtown start a new thread then others looking for seat info can find it ..

It is really cool watching this thread ( just wish we could delete out all the nonsense posts ) . I did most of this work over my first year so it brings back a lot of memories, maybe we will figure out how much a i saved ... the only thing i havent done is the bushings , i figure as long as i dont go for a ride in someone elses car that has this done il be okay as i have nothing to compare to.

I actally took a sharpie and wrote on the date on the shock of the date i changed it just so i know when they were done. i also did not do the stainless brake hoses. Kind of like the look of stock rubber and figured that was enough.

Good work tho .

Last edited by theiceman; 03-19-2013 at 10:56 AM.

Quick Reply: New 3.2 Owner