Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

New 3.2 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 04:10 PM
mmporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

More progress today and some setbacks....
Attached Images     
Old 04-07-2013, 11:25 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great progress! She looks to be in fine company in a previous pic,..(post #86).

That Sparco looks great!

Best!

Doyle
Old 04-07-2013, 11:43 PM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Great progress! Keep it coming!

245's would work just fine!

Looking good, Sir!

BEST!

Doyle
Old 04-07-2013, 11:51 PM
mmporsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dshepp806
Great progress! She looks to be in fine company in a previous pic,..(post #86).
The plum car is a real '72 S or whatever year is really rare and valuable, I can never remember. Being restored and going up for sale for $100K plus soon......
Old 04-07-2013, 11:53 PM
mmporsche
Rennlist Member

The exhaust looks and sounds great but I cannot get my iPhone video to post. I tried uploading it to YouTube also with no luck. I have never uploaded video on RL so I will have to do some research. Always something to learn.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:27 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,130 Likes on 809 Posts

i have nt read all 7 pages of posts but i did see your shney new pedals .. while you were in there did you pull up the wood floor board and inspect the pedal bushings and linkages ? that is where the real action happens.
Old 04-08-2013, 12:37 PM
mmporsche
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by theiceman
i have nt read all 7 pages of posts but i did see your shney new pedals .. while you were in there did you pull up the wood floor board and inspect the pedal bushings and linkages ? that is where the real action happens.
No, I haven't pulled the floor board yet but that is good advice. I did vacuum up years of debris and got in there with my air hose and blew out as much as I could. The linkage feels good but I know things have a way of working their way into the base of the pedals. I am not sure how much the new carpet kit will cover but I may put the aluminum Rennline floor board and track mat in if it needs it from a purely aesthetic perspective.

Last edited by mmporsche; 04-09-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 09:38 PM
mmporsche
Rennlist Member

Okay, I wasn't being patient enough with YouTube but I believe the video is now loaded and ready for your viewing (mostly listening pleasure).

Old 04-14-2013, 01:29 AM
mmporsche
Rennlist Member

Picked up the car Friday after having the RS carpet kit installed along with my new seat. She is looking very nice. I plan to install the RS door cards later next week after I have some PDR work done on some door dents. I guess I need to do some deep cleaning on the rest of the interior now that the carpets look perfect.
Attached Images    
Old 04-14-2013, 09:31 AM
dshepp806
Rennlist Member

Man,..that looks nice!

Doyle
Old 04-18-2013, 12:19 PM
mmporsche
Rennlist Member

Received some final parts for the car while I was out of town including the 911Chip, track mat, TeamTech harnesses (the best made and most comfortable IMO), RS motor mounts and a new rubber chin spoiler since mine is rock hard and not in the best shape.

Seat time has been extremely limited due to the car being in the shop and snow but I can tell everyone that the new suspension is very comfortable around town. I was concerned that the exhaust would be too loud, especially after removing all the sound deadening but not at all. I removed the heat but kept the AC....I know, i'm a wimp. I am taking it to the local track next weekend for a few days to really get to know her and will report back. I will see if I accomplished my goal of a street legal car that I can use for track days. My hope is that it performs well enough at the track so that and I can keep up with some of my former buddies in their full-on race NA 911s and Spec Boxsters....
Attached Images   
Old 04-25-2013, 05:46 PM
mmporsche
Rennlist Member

I installed all the above items and she is ready for her first track event this weekend. I wasn't able to source the bumper covers and get them painted yet but in a few weeks I hope to have it buttoned up.

We were readying our 1979 Pace Arrow today, affectionately known as the MOHO. We leave her at the track all summer so we have a place to sleep and hangout between sessions. Everything works (Heat, AC, gas cooktop, refrigerator, running water and a rooftop deck for watching the fun).
Attached Images    
Old 04-26-2013, 05:43 PM
HorstP
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

May I ask you a question? Did you remove the sound deadening before you had the new RS carpet installed? And if yes, can you describe how loud it is? I have just removed the rear seats and will receive my Heigo roll bar in a few days, so I need to decide what to do.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:46 PM
mmporsche
Rennlist Member

Yes, all sound deadening was removed. I have headers with M&K exhaust so it is pretty loud. It doesn't bother me but I don't use the car other than for fun trips and track days. I do drive it around town and I am told you can hear it from about a block away. "Not obnoxious but you know you are coming" according to a friend. I ran this exhaust setup with the stock interior and don't find it much louder. Hope this helps.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:54 PM
HorstP
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the quick reply. I need to stay with the exhaust due to our regs over here. Was a weird question in the first place, if something is loud is probably a very personal judgement. Guess I need to try. But trying means ruining the carpet so that's why I asked. I like what you did and I am going quite a similar route. As said removed rear seats, already have the RS style door cards, AN-TEC chip (quite similar to the 911chip), have the roll bar shipped and will get Recaro Pole Position seats in the next weeks.

Quick Reply: New 3.2 Owner