Notices
911 Forum 1964-1989
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Intercity Lines, LLC

911 with an American alumnium v-8 small block?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 11:56 AM
George 911-V8
Pro

Location: The Swamp Lands of Louisiana, The Deep Dirty South 2 Miles From Pimp City
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am personal good friends with pat the owner of no problem raceway so I have many times slips on the swamp monster already don't need any help from you.That comment about getting in touch with you for arrangments to race on the track who in the hell are you? Pat owns the track. When Kelly Moss Motorsports was in town for the PCA race I tested with them on the coarse along with Randy Greff. I have been a member of the mardi gras region PCA since 1993 how long have you been a member? I have plenty of porsche turbo kills storys if you would like to post some of them your more than welcome to. Give me a e-mail if you feel you need anymore info on me, carlos or the swamp monster. BTW: I'm very easy to find just call the porsche dealer in new orleans or randy at greff motors. I'm going over to the dealer today to get my new drag radials installed.

<a href="http://pws.prserv.net/4play/911chevy/index.html" target="_blank">SWAMP MONSTER</a>
Old 08-28-2002, 05:24 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
[QUOTE]Originally posted by George 911-V8:
[QB]I am personal good friends with pat the owner of no problem raceway so I have many times slips on the swamp monster already don't need any help from you.That comment about getting in touch with you for arrangments to race on the track who in the hell are you? Pat owns the track. When Kelly Moss Motorsports was in town for the PCA race I tested with them on the coarse along with Randy Greff. I have been a member of the mardi gras region PCA since 1993 how long have you been a member? I have plenty of porsche turbo kills storys if you would like to post some of them your more than welcome to. Give me a e-mail if you feel you need anymore info on me, carlos or the swamp monster. BTW: I'm very easy to find just call the porsche dealer in new orleans or randy at greff motors. I'm going over to the dealer today to get my new drag radials installed.

Man, I am sincerly trying to help you end this everlasting argument. I didn't mean any harm and am a little perplexed by your response. No where in my response did I include myself as anyone who didn't believe how fast your car is. In fact, the last time I saw this arguement I backed you up by saying that I saw your car "hit it" on Airline (near Copelands) and verified to everyone that it was faaaaaaast.

Personally, I wanted to see a fast car on the track. I've never been to No Problem and have no affiliation with them other than wanting to geaux and see your car and others scream around the track. As for the Timeslips, I've never seen the track so right now I couldn't tell you what a good time is. I'm just giving you the ability to have an independent Rennlister tell everyone on this board that your car kicked tail.

Again, I'm a little surprised that you would respond to me in the above way. Are you a Tulane fan and my avatar annoys you? What? Why?
Old 08-28-2002, 05:27 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
By the way, the reason I haven't joined the Mardi Gras PCA is that I only bought my car a little over a year ago and have already had one Mardi Gras PCA member tell me that "they don't allow 951's in our chapter."

I wanted to join but the guy in the parking lot tried to make me feel ashamed as if since I only have 951 I'm not worthy.
Old 08-28-2002, 08:16 PM
A Quiet Boom
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by ELLSSUU:
<strong>By the way, the reason I haven't joined the Mardi Gras PCA is that I only bought my car a little over a year ago and have already had one Mardi Gras PCA member tell me that "they don't allow 951's in our chapter."

I wanted to join but the guy in the parking lot tried to make me feel ashamed as if since I only have 951 I'm not worthy.</strong><hr></blockquote>

What? I haven't joined the PCA yet and I live in a totally different region than you but if it's made up of a bunch of "stereotypical P-car owners" well then forget it. Isn't it supposed to be the PORSCHE Club of America? Sounds more like the "Hey look I'm wealthy enough to have a brand new Porsche" Club to me. I could understand if it was model specific but it's not. At least it isn't supposed to be.
Old 08-28-2002, 09:24 PM
George 911-V8
Pro

Location: The Swamp Lands of Louisiana, The Deep Dirty South 2 Miles From Pimp City
QB & LSU: You are both dead right a bunch of look at me and my 150k 996. Thats why I built a bastard to rain on their parade as in bust that high dollar purist a$$. LOL

<a href="http://pws.prserv.net/4play/911chevy/index.html" target="_blank">SWAMP MONSTER</a>
Old 08-28-2002, 10:05 PM
t.p.
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Agreed. I hate snobs.
But honestly Goerge, how much have you spent on your car? Probably not the same amount as for a new 996 TT; what do they go for, $110-120K? But you've probably spent approximately the same as for a used 993TT, right ($60-80k)? Maybe more. I've seen people dump that much into their SC's. So it's not like you're beating their big bux w/ small change. Correct me if i'm wrong - I'm just playing devil's advocate.
Old 08-29-2002, 06:12 AM
Typical Fish
Advanced

I have to add my 2 cents, having followed this thread (in its various incarnations) for quite awhile.

George, et.al., I agree that there are a bunch of snooty S.O.B.s out there BUT, this is essentially how every exchange goes:

(In a diplomatic tone)"So, you guys have a fast car. What is it's performance envelope and how did you get it that way?"

Response:"Screw you guys, we have a bad-a** car and don't have to answer to anybody and therefore aren't saying anything!" (Kind of like "I am taking my ball and going home!")

How about sharing with those of us who are just genuinely interested and not being so defensive?

Quick Reply: 911 with an American alumnium v-8 small block?