Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2021, 05:40 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,402 Likes on 2,329 Posts

Originally Posted by ausgang
"The 1st was the Whale-Tail 911 Turbo in the Bright Red....."

Hey, did you just drop this on us? I don't recall you mentioning you had a 930 back in the day.
Post a few pics of that treasure while you wait for all the little tweaks to get done on your 718.
Sorry to butt in but so did I, a Guards Red '87 930, which I bought from Wilber Marshall, who might be familiar to some older Redskin fans.
The following users liked this post:
StilettoPat (08-16-2021)
Old 08-11-2021, 07:56 PM
Elegant
Track Day

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi Terry,

Love the addition of red paddle shifters to match the red tach!

Your mention of your old red Porsche Turbo reminded me of my time owning a 1974 or 1975 Red Porsche Carrera RS.
Only had it for about 2 years but had a blast in it. Great car even though it only had about 210 HP.

Cheers,
Tom
Old 08-12-2021, 11:09 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,445 Likes on 808 Posts
"The 1st was the Whale-Tail 911 Turbo in the Bright Red....."

Hey, did you just drop this on us? I don't recall you mentioning you had a 930 back in the day.
Post a few pics of that treasure while you wait for all the little tweaks to get done on your 718.
Sorry guys these aren't very good pictures as some were provided to me by other people.
Also I had a Hard-Drive go out years ago and that did a major number on my thousands of pictures over the years.
I now use Back-Up but was new to that sort of thing way back then.

I don't really recall the year of this but it was a Super-Cool Machine back then for a poor working class fellow.

The License plate said, AKEEPER

As usual I did replace the stock wheels & tires with some Super-Class ones and they were the Stuff.

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Sorry to butt in but so did I, a Guards Red '87 930, which I bought from Wilber Marshall, who might be familiar to some older Redskin fans.
Bob,

Loved those Porsche Models buddy.

Originally Posted by Elegant
Hi Terry,

Love the addition of red paddle shifters to match the red tach!

Your mention of your old red Porsche Turbo reminded me of my time owning a 1974 or 1975 Red Porsche Carrera RS.
Only had it for about 2 years but had a blast in it. Great car even though it only had about 210 HP.

Cheers,
Tom
Thomas (Tom) Cochran,

Hello to my down South buddy in San Antonio, TX. USA

Well speaking of the Shift-Paddles ...........
Early on here on Rennlist.com there are Threads discussing after market shift paddles that can be ordered in different colors.
There is also shift paddles from Suncoast that actually fit the Stock shift paddles.

I did carefully think about both those options and I constantly came back to the same Major-Concern.
Both those options actually Partially Cover-Up the other arms from the steering column and being as **** R. as I know I am.
I just knew that would wear me out as time would pass by.
I'd be up in the early AM mornings going out in the garage in my underwear looking at those shift-paddles and it would drive me more NUTS.

So, solution is to simply have Tech at Porsche of Nashville remove the Stock-Shift-Paddles send those to the same Body-Shop that did the Side Air Intakes and painted them the Porsche Black.
The Guards-Red will not be a match to the Red Center-Gauges/Chrono Stopwatch Dial.
But they will be a Very-very close match to the Guards-Red Steel Brake-Calibers.
I'm going for some additional Contrast with the interior and that's why I went with the Red for the Gauges/Chrono-Stopwatch-Dial and soon the Shift Paddles in Guards-Red.
My thought is with the Racing Yellow highlights in the interior the Red will offset that some and I think add some additional Racing-Look.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 08-12-2021 at 11:12 AM.
halfmonkey (08-19-2021)
Old 08-12-2021, 01:46 PM
signde
Racer

Received 266 Likes on 154 Posts

Hey Terry, glad to see your GT4 got allocated and arrived. My Porsche search is over as well, I ended up with a white 997 turbo.

I didn't go through the whole thread but have you joined the local PCA yet? http://msknew.pca.org/

If not you might want to consider it. There is a fun drive planned for the end of the month down the Natchez Trace to a winery. The one PCA cruise I have been on so far was really fun.

Hope to see you and that awesome GT4 around some time.

-Ryan
Old 08-12-2021, 09:34 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,243 Likes on 626 Posts

Great spec! I just put PS4S on one of my cars and it was a game changer... actually shocked at how much better they made that particular car (F80 M3).
Old 08-13-2021, 11:58 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by signde
Hey Terry, glad to see your GT4 got allocated and arrived.
My Porsche search is over as well, I ended up with a white 997 turbo.

I didn't go through the whole thread but have you joined the local PCA yet? http://msknew.pca.org/

If not you might want to consider it. There is a fun drive planned for the end of the month down the Natchez Trace to a winery. The one PCA cruise I have been on so far was really fun.

Hope to see you and that awesome GT4 around some time.

-Ryan
Greetings Ryan,

Well a 997 Turbo should get the job done nicely buddy.

I have not, yet, signed up for the PCA.
But probably will in the future.

I will be taking the GT4 to Cars & Coffee at Cool springs once it arrives.
So maybe we will see one another at that.

Originally Posted by slc4s
Great spec! I just put PS4S on one of my cars and it was a game changer...
actually shocked at how much better they made that particular car (F80 M3).
slc4s,

I do know that when I looked at the Michelin Cup 2 tires to see what the Tread-Depth really looked liked.
It's not much tread-depth for sure and given how soft they are for track-duty there's no-way they will last anytime in the Heat of Summer.

I'm glad I made the decision to replace the Cup 2 with the Michelin PS4S as they are definitely the right choice for all around Street-Duty.

Terry

Old 08-13-2021, 06:27 PM
ausgang
Racer

Received 386 Likes on 161 Posts

Or Bears fans. Pretty big guy to fit in one. I'm guessing yours had sport seats; whereas Terry's was raised a 1/2in.
Old 08-13-2021, 07:45 PM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Received 696 Likes on 324 Posts

Terry
Another guy that loved the GT4 PDK that was lukewarm over the Manual transmission Spyder last year.

Old 08-14-2021, 01:52 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Or Bears fans. Pretty big guy to fit in one. I'm guessing yours had sport seats; whereas Terry's was raised a 1/2in.
ausgang

whereas Terry's was raised a 1/2in.
Actually it's raised a little under a 1/2".

LOL !!!

Originally Posted by P-car-Vancouver
Terry
Another guy that loved the GT4 PDK that was lukewarm over the Manual transmission Spyder last year.

https://youtu.be/5GZeLzMe8NE
I have seen that video before but I liked watching it again.
He does like the GT4 with the PDK for sure.

You know it makes no doggone difference if a guy/lady has the manual or the PDK in the Spyder or GT4.
Heck buy what one wants and enjoys it's that person's monies.
Same for what color to go with.

And dare I even mention the Carbon bucket seats on my thread as I realize that could possibly open up a can of worms.
The only reason I mention those seats is to just maybe clarify my reasoning for posting multiple times on other threads about them.
It seemed to me that the members that have them just constantly raved about them as if there were no down-sides to them at all.
I thought since this was and I hope still is an open internet site for all Rennlist members I could add what I had seen in reviews as well as multiple videos.
No since really in me stating what those reviews said or the multiple videos as you have already see both as I have.

Sadly, after me stating what I had seen/read and viewed I Really-really got on the wrong side of some Rennlist members and I actually hate that.
I never intended to be brutally blunt to ****-off other members that have those Carbon-Bucket-Seats.
I only thought that for a New Rennlist member or Guest to Rennlist they might like to see Both sides of the Pluses & Minuses to those seats.
So they could then make a much better informed decision.

As I said what my good intentions were and how things actually turned out was not good.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 08-15-2021 at 11:26 AM.
P-car-Vancouver (08-18-2021)
Old 08-15-2021, 12:05 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Post Michelin Cup 2 tires have left and going to a new home ...

Guys,

The Michelin Cup 2 tires were picked up on Saturday by Dan for Randy in Atlanta, Georgia.
Randy was moving his daughter into College on Saturday.
So a buddy (Dan) of his from Carthage, TN. that's deep into Porsche 928 cars stopped by and picked them up for Randy.
Dan had personal things to take care of here locally so he told Randy he was driving right past my house he would pick-up the Cup 2 tires for him.
Those guys do the Porsche 928 thing so Randy will be seeing Dan in the near future at his house.
Randy also now has a Porsche 928 and if my memory serves me right Dan has multiple 928 Porsches.

Below are a few pictures of Randy's Red 928 Porsche at Dan's house.
One of Dan's project 928s is to the right of Randy's Red 928.

Terry
The following 4 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
Dundertaker (08-15-2021), ngamountains (08-15-2021), P-car-Vancouver (08-18-2021), StilettoPat (08-16-2021)
Old 08-19-2021, 02:26 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Guys,

I just now posted an Up-Date on the other Thread about the Hawk Ceramic Brake Pads.
Finally those are 100% installed and that on going mess has been corrected once and for all.
Yes there are pictures on that last post for those interested.

Thanks to KNS brakes for all your Help on the Hawk pads for the 2021 GT4 ...
https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post17616887

Now we are waiting for the Wrap-Lab to submit their work-ups of the Custom Graphics for my approval.
Then once I approve them Matt Giorgio my SA will have the GT4 Picked-Up (Transported) to the Wrap-Lab for them to do the installs.

Terry
Elegant (08-20-2021)
Old 08-21-2021, 11:34 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Guys,

Well just received these pictures from Matt Giorgio my SA at Porsche of Nashville.
They (Shift-Paddles) have been removed so the GT4 can be transported to the three (3) separate shops for the Custom Graphics, PPF, Ceramic Coating.
So things are moving forward and as always, thank-goodness to Matt for staying on top of everything.

My opinion is this additional Bright Guards-Red on the Stock-Shift-Paddles is going to further add some additional flair to the instrument area.
These will be a pretty darn close match to the Guards-Red on the Steel-Guards-Red brake calibers.
Not a perfect match to the Guards-Red on the Instruments & Chrono Clock but IMO will still add to the overall look.
Plus I like things that are my ideas ...........

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 08-21-2021 at 11:38 AM.
Elegant (08-21-2021)
Old 08-21-2021, 12:03 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,351 Likes on 582 Posts

Are the graphics going under or over the PPF? Just curious…

Last edited by Bob Z.; 08-21-2021 at 12:09 PM.
Old 08-21-2021, 12:09 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,402 Likes on 2,329 Posts

Up to the person. If they are under the PPF they are better protected but not easily removed.
Old 08-21-2021, 12:12 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,351 Likes on 582 Posts

Up to the person. If they are under the PPF they are better protected but not easily removed.
Yes. I fully understand your point. That’s why I am curious. I’m wondering what Terry chose. Pros/cons to either method.

Last edited by needmoregarage; 08-21-2021 at 12:13 PM.

Quick Reply: GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker