Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2021, 03:47 AM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,688 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Actually since you haven't a clue who I am your making assumptions that are to me pointless.
At 76-years old and doing this since the mid 60's I think I can speak for what I think on my own.
But ..............
However when I do wish to see what other people have to say from a Professional Company like The Tire Rack I don't really think all those people commenting are as you say (Cherry-Picked).

Michelin tires are top of the line and have been for a great many-many-many years.
As I said to each their own it's your monies spend it as you see fit and I certainly will do the same.

Have a good rest of the day and let's move on as the two of us are definitely not going to agree on tires that's for sure.

Terry
Why do you assume I was trying to convince you? Perhaps my post was actually directed at the people reading your post or who are doing a search 6 months down the road so they don’t accidentally buy PS4Ss thinking they are the best tire out there?

Go your own way, make your own mistakes instead of learning from others who already made those mistakes or know enough to avoid them, buy whatever you want, but if you're posting wonky info from bad sources and don't know enough about the topic to recognize that, don't get upset when someone posts something contradictory. That campus automotive review was, to put it nicely... Not good. He said 2 things that were very questionable as well as 2 things that were 100% wrong before I stopped watching. The Michelin cup/4s tire test was done by drifting all over the track on cup2s with an amateur driving and one set of used tires and one set of new? What kind of test is that? There were clear red flags that should have been caught with basic tire knowledge.

There is no actual best 'summer' tire at the end of the day as tires are all about trade offs. You can have a tire that is best at one thing, or even multiple things, but it always makes sacrifices to achieve that, and then what one person is looking for to be teh best might be different than another. It's way too broad a category. And even if you ignore the negatives, the PS4S is a tire that is a jack of all trades, master of none. Very weird to declare a tire that does nothing the best as the best tire. Very different than what my personal opinion of the best summer tire is for my uses. Very different than what my wife would classify as the best summer tire.
Old 07-21-2021, 12:53 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,429 Likes on 796 Posts
Smile Last items were picked up yeaterday by Porsche of Nashville ...

Guys,

I think everything is now in place with my incoming GT4 in regards to Porsche of Nashville.

Matt Giorgio had one of his runners drop by yesterday afternoon and picked up the OEM Porsche floor mats in the Racing Yellow.
Those are going to definitely going to be a great match to the interior the way I built it.

The Porsche mats look really good if seen in person.
I tried taking pictures of them at different angles but with a cellphone they just don't really look in pictures the way they look in person.

Terry
The following users liked this post:
halfmonkey (07-22-2021)
Old 07-22-2021, 04:59 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up Surpris GT4 gift from a buddy in San Antonio, Texas ... USA

Well guys,

I'm sure all of us have some Super-Close buddies as I have with the guy below.
Thomas (Tom) Cochran and I go back to 2008 when we both had our Limited Edition 2008 Bullitt Mustangs.
We attended Bullitt Mustang get-togethers in many States together over the years.
Then as the years rolled by we both sold and traded those Bullitt Mustangs but still stayed in constant contact even though I am in Franklin, TN. and Tom is in San Antonio, TX.
He is a little older than me but both of us are what could be referred to as Die-Hard car guys for sure.
We even had Audi RS-3 sedans at the same time.
I traded mine for the Dodge Challenger Hellcat and Tom still at this time still has his.
(That could change any-day though)
We also are both heavily into the Audio/Video thing.
I have a dedicated Home Theater and Tom has what many refer to as a High-End Home Media Room.
With both of the above we are in contact on a weekly basis.

Okay below is what just arrive from my buddy Tom by UPS this afternoon.
Another thing we have done since back in 2008 is send each other what we refer to as Secret-Squirrel-Gifts with No-Notice.
And those Gifts usually are for what one of us is getting ready to do like a New Car or something New for the A/V (Audio Video) areas.

Thank-You brother Tom as always for your continuing "Friendship",

Terry

The following 3 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
Alan_S (07-23-2021), halfmonkey (07-22-2021), StilettoPat (07-24-2021)
Old 07-22-2021, 05:02 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up Duplicate Post ............

Deleted this Post it's a Duplicate ...........

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 07-22-2021 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Duplicate Post so Deleteing this one ...
Old 07-23-2021, 06:11 PM
Alan_S
Instructor

Received 95 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Well guys,

I'm sure all of us have some Super-Close buddies as I have with the guy below.
Thomas (Tom) Cochran and I go back to 2008 when we both had our Limited Edition 2008 Bullitt Mustangs.
We attended Bullitt Mustang get-togethers in many States together over the years.
Then as the years rolled by we both sold and traded those Bullitt Mustangs but still stayed in constant contact even though I am in Franklin, TN. and Tom is in San Antonio, TX.
He is a little older than me but both of us are what could be referred to as Die-Hard car guys for sure.
We even had Audi RS-3 sedans at the same time.
I traded mine for the Dodge Challenger Hellcat and Tom still at this time still has his.
(That could change any-day though)
We also are both heavily into the Audio/Video thing.
I have a dedicated Home Theater and Tom has what many refer to as a High-End Home Media Room.
With both of the above we are in contact on a weekly basis.

Okay below is what just arrive from my buddy Tom by UPS this afternoon.
Another thing we have done since back in 2008 is send each other what we refer to as Secret-Squirrel-Gifts with No-Notice.
And those Gifts usually are for what one of us is getting ready to do like a New Car or something New for the A/V (Audio Video) areas.

Thank-You brother Tom as always for your continuing "Friendship",

Terry
This is what car enthusiast communities and friendships are all about!
The following 2 users liked this post by Alan_S:
StilettoPat (07-24-2021), tigerhonaker (07-24-2021)
Old 07-24-2021, 12:08 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Smile

Originally Posted by Alan_S
This is what car enthusiast communities and friendships are all about!
Hello Alan,

Your absolutely correct that Car Enthusiast Communities like Rennlist.com (Should) be about friendships.
Sadly, when there are differences of opinions on some things it seems those internet friends disappear as fast or faster than they started.

It's all good though on this end,
Terry
The following 2 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
Alan_S (07-29-2021), StilettoPat (07-24-2021)
Old 08-10-2021, 02:28 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up My Porsche Cayman 718 GT4 has arrived at Porsche of Nashville 8-6-2021 ...

Greetings,

1st here is the link to something that took place with my GT4 already.

Brake-Pads 2021 GT4 ... Help-Help-Help .. what companies have brake-pads 2021 GT4 ???

https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post17598742

The Great-News is Matt Giorgio my SA and I went over all aspects of work that's been and not been performed already by Porsche of Nashville.
The GT4 in person looks Awesome to me as well as my wife (Cathy).
All the 3rd party shops appointments have been set.
So in the near future it will get Transported to the 1st shop (Not-Driven).

Below are the pictures of it as it stands currently.

I'll put the Text above each picture if I think it's helpful.

Matt G. and I went to where he has it stored.
This was the Sonic Automotive Group (Mini Cooper Store).
Now it's extra storage for the Porsche Store.

Look really close ................

The complete underneath Front-Spoiler-Assembly was left off so not to take a chance on any "Damage".

Also, the GT4 has also been raised a little under the 1/2" requested Front & Rear.
It now has the European Clear Side-Markers, Black side-Air-Vents,
No-Hawk-Brake-Pads.

My SA Matt G.

Rear Michelin PS4S ..........

Next pictures are for Randy in Atlanta, Georgia for the Take-Off Cup 2 tires.
That's Cathy's white Golf R (Hatchback) getting loaded-up with the 4-Michelin Cup 2 tires.
I decided not to wait for those to be delivered the Golf R does come in handy guys.

Below are pictures of the Miscellaneous information Matt G. saved and Laminated for me.

The Build-Sheet in German.

Thanks for viewing guys,
Terry
USA

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 08-10-2021 at 02:56 PM.
The following 8 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
ausgang (08-11-2021), DP8 (08-10-2021), Elegant (08-10-2021), FASTRKMAN (08-15-2021), halfmonkey (08-10-2021), needmoregarage (08-10-2021), slilley (08-11-2021), smegman (08-10-2021) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-10-2021, 02:36 PM
El Crampitan
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats, Terry! Fantastic that it's finally landed.
Old 08-10-2021, 03:49 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,330 Likes on 570 Posts

Congrats! Very exciting and looking forward to your stories once you get it home to enjoy.
Old 08-10-2021, 06:02 PM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Received 696 Likes on 324 Posts

Congratulations Terry! Enjoy in good health! I’m taking delivery of my car on Friday at 3 pm.
Old 08-10-2021, 06:12 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,796 Likes on 862 Posts

Looking good. Enjoy in good health. Looking forward to hearing your reviews on the items that I reviewed and if our opinions match.
Old 08-10-2021, 06:18 PM
Elegant
Track Day

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

Fantastic Terry!
She is a beauty, really gorgeous.
I love the build you did and the interior is killer with the yellow accents.

I'm guessing you will have it at home maybe as early as the end of this month.
Then you and Cathy can take off on your day trips to get her nicely broken in.

I am really looking forward to your in-depth reporting on all aspects of the car.
With your patented way of story-telling with lots of photos that should be fun for all of us on Rennlist.

Rock 'n Roll time is almost here.

Cheers,
Tom
Old 08-11-2021, 11:19 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by El Crampitan
Congrats, Terry! Fantastic that it's finally landed.
Well it does take sometime for us to get one of these that's for sure.
Mine was ordered December 2020 as far as Porsche of Nashville but of course they had to wait for an additional allocation which was months later.

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
Congrats! Very exciting and looking forward to your stories once you get it home to enjoy.
Thank-You, I have little doubt that I'll have some personal opinions on what I think once I start driving it for the Break-in-Miles with Cathy (Wife).

Originally Posted by P-car-Vancouver
Congratulations Terry! Enjoy in good health! I’m taking delivery of my car on Friday at 3 pm.
Very good ,,,,,,,,,,,
So Friday your in

Congratulations buddy.
Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Looking good. Enjoy in good health. Looking forward to hearing your reviews on the items that I reviewed and if our opinions match.
Cathy has never-ever been excited over any of the cars I've had and believe that's been a huge number over the years.
She is Super Excited over this one and she loves it in the Racing-Yellow she says Terry it fits your personality 100%.

I'll have some comments I imagine as I start driving it and putting the miles on it for the Break-In.

Originally Posted by Elegant
Fantastic Terry!
She is a beauty, really gorgeous.
I love the build you did and the interior is killer with the yellow accents.

I'm guessing you will have it at home maybe as early as the end of this month.
Then you and Cathy can take off on your day trips to get her nicely broken in.

I am really looking forward to your in-depth reporting on all aspects of the car.
With your patented way of story-telling with lots of photos that should be fun for all of us on Rennlist.

Rock 'n Roll time is almost here.

Cheers,
Tom
Hello Tom Cochran down south in San Antonio, TX. USA
Cathy just said to me yesterday while we were doing our early morning 3-miles walk.
Terry I'm going to have to start looking to see where we can drive on our daily trips to break-it-in.

I'll try my best to post some comments as I put those break-in-miles on it.

As you know since we have been Best-Friends for Years & years this is my 2nd Porsche since the Mid 60's.
The 1st was the Whale-Tail 911 Turbo in the Bright Red and that was years and years ago.
This Cayman 718 GT4 is going to be a totally different animal no-doubt.

Terry
Old 08-11-2021, 11:22 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Post Latest change to my Itinerary as of August 10th 2021 .........

Last change below,

Matt and I discussed this next change and it was decided to go forward with it.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 08-12-2021 at 10:46 AM.
Old 08-11-2021, 05:37 PM
ausgang
Racer

Received 386 Likes on 161 Posts

"The 1st was the Whale-Tail 911 Turbo in the Bright Red....."

Hey, did you just drop this on us? I don't recall you mentioning you had a 930 back in the day.
Post a few pics of that treasure while you wait for all the little tweaks to get done on your 718.
The following users liked this post:
P-car-Vancouver (08-11-2021)

Quick Reply: GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker