Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2021 | 07:33 PM
ausgang
Racer

Talking

It's a lot closer to real now, eh? Better read up on how to track your car on its ship during the circuitous route to you. With your VIN you can now verify your insurance company is the one to stay with. Start planning your break-in routes -- because that is going to take some time. As beautiful as Nashville is, it'll be even better once your car drives around it.

I hear the LWBs are perfect for your entertainment room too....... May need two sets after all.
Old 06-20-2021 | 12:01 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CTDiesel
Congratulations, Terry! I've been following your thread with interest.
My car was also completed yesterday, so maybe they'll cross the pond on the same boat.
CTDiesel,

Well maybe the two (2) will be buddies crossing the water together.

The time is finally getting closer so Congratulations to you and in the Much-much nearer future you'll be enjoying your's.

Originally Posted by ausgang
It's a lot closer to real now, eh?
Better read up on how to track your car on its ship during the circuitous route to you.
With your VIN you can now verify your insurance company is the one to stay with.
Start planning your break-in routes -- because that is going to take some time.
As beautiful as Nashville is, it'll be even better once your car drives around it.

I hear the LWBs are perfect for your entertainment room too....... May need two sets after all.
ausgang,

Matt my SA said he will be E-Mailing me the Ship information so I can track the GT4 progress.
Speaking of insurance ........
My agent is holding my account so that when I send them the Vin # to add I will keep All my prior Discounts etc.
I wish I was a guy that was not a lame-*** on directions but sadly I'm ****-poor at directions and when traveling I do depend on the Navigation unit.
I mention the above as I wish the Porsche Nav. would allow one to Not have to use the interstates and allow you to choose secondary roads.
But, I asked that question on a different Thread and it seems the Nav doesn't have an option like that.
So, I don't know what I'm going to do to get the Break-in-Miles on mine.
Seems it's not going to be easy for a Super-Challenged, Bad-bad-bad with directions guy like me.
Meaning ^^^ to stay off the interstates and use the two lane roads ...............
Yes, Nashville is a nice place for sure and we use to live in Nashville a great many years ago.
We now live in Franklin, TN. which is approximately 25-30 miles South of Nashville off I-65 South.

I'm still giving it some thought as to just how many miles to drive before simply saying, enough is enough, time to just drive mine in a normal manner and certainly not at WOT at Red-Line.
We shall see but being retired I just don't drive all that much anymore.
When one is 76-years old and no-longer working you simply loose buddies as well as family to go see.
Which would make it a lot easier to put the Break-in-Miles on mine.
Now that's gotta be Funny ^^^
Man I thought I might have some Rennlist members going to hunt my old *** down to shoot me after me saying what I did on those LWB Carbon-Bucket-Seats in the other Thread.
Hey the way I see it if you jump in and say what you really-honestly think then get ready for those that have the total-opposite-thoughts.
Can't take the HEAT then one should keep their comments/thoughts to themselves.
I'm a Big-Boy so poor it on guys I can take it.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 06-20-2021 at 12:09 PM.
Old 06-20-2021 | 12:33 PM
Webfiero
Advanced

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
CTDiesel,

Well maybe the two (2) will be buddies crossing the water together.

The time is finally getting closer so Congratulations to you and in the Much-much nearer future you'll be enjoying your's.

ausgang,

Matt my SA said he will be E-Mailing me the Ship information so I can track the GT4 progress.
Speaking of insurance ........
My agent is holding my account so that when I send them the Vin # to add I will keep All my prior Discounts etc.
I wish I was a guy that was not a lame-*** on directions but sadly I'm ****-poor at directions and when traveling I do depend on the Navigation unit.
I mention the above as I wish the Porsche Nav. would allow one to Not have to use the interstates and allow you to choose secondary roads.
But, I asked that question on a different Thread and it seems the Nav doesn't have an option like that.
So, I don't know what I'm going to do to get the Break-in-Miles on mine.
Seems it's not going to be easy for a Super-Challenged, Bad-bad-bad with directions guy like me.
Meaning ^^^ to stay off the interstates and use the two lane roads ...............
Yes, Nashville is a nice place for sure and we use to live in Nashville a great many years ago.
We now live in Franklin, TN. which is approximately 25-30 miles South of Nashville off I-65 South.

I'm still giving it some thought as to just how many miles to drive before simply saying, enough is enough, time to just drive mine in a normal manner and certainly not at WOT at Red-Line.
We shall see but being retired I just don't drive all that much anymore.
When one is 76-years old and no-longer working you simply loose buddies as well as family to go see.
Which would make it a lot easier to put the Break-in-Miles on mine.

Now that's gotta be Funny ^^^
Man I thought I might have some Rennlist members going to hunt my old *** down to shoot me after me saying what I did on those LWB Carbon-Bucket-Seats in the other Thread.
Hey the way I see it if you jump in and say what you really-honestly think then get ready for those that have the total-opposite-thoughts.
Can't take the HEAT then one should keep their comments/thoughts to themselves.
I'm a Big-Boy so poor it on guys I can take it.

Terry

Terry

Break in protocol should not be so controversial but it is. Some time ago Andreas Pruninger (sp?) opined on the subject and described the protocol the GT Division used. You may have already seen it but if not, here it is.

I’m going to use this for my replacement engine. What do you think?

Cheers
Bill
Old 06-20-2021 | 01:09 PM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Originally Posted by Webfiero
Terry

Break in protocol should not be so controversial but it is. Some time ago Andreas Pruninger (sp?) opined on the subject and described the protocol the GT Division used. You may have already seen it but if not, here it is.

I’m going to use this for my replacement engine. What do you think?

Cheers
Bill
I’m going to use this method to break my car in once I receive it in September.
The following users liked this post:
tigerhonaker (06-20-2021)
Old 06-20-2021 | 01:43 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Webfiero
Terry

Break in protocol should not be so controversial but it is.
Some time ago Andreas Pruninger (sp?) opined on the subject and described the protocol the GT Division used.
You may have already seen it but if not, here it is.

I’m going to use this for my replacement engine.

What do you think?

Cheers
Bill
Bill,
Break in protocol should not be so controversial but it is.

You know I have had so many New vehicles since starting back in Mid 60's after returning from Vietnam.
And some of those I did do some sort of break-in.
But ................
Nothing even remotely close to what Porsche is saying needs to be Done & Closely-Followed with the GT4 for 2,000 miles.
Honestly, recently I have Seriously considered simply driving mine but not taking it to Red-Line at 8,100 RPM.
What do you think?

As time goes by and like you have Posted above with that guy's chart I'm thinking that might very well be the way to go.

Well my Good-Man, at 1st I was going to follow the Porsche Guidelines for the 2,000 miles Break-in exactly to the letter and No-Variance.
But ..............
I'm 76-years old, retired, and being serious I don't drive hardly any real miles now and haven't for some years.
Examples,
New Challenger Hellcat I had for 2-years it had like 2,000 miles on it.
New Audi RS-3 for like 2-years and it had like 2,048 miles on it.
So, as I think this over and try to not kid myself into thinking I'm going to all of a sudden Magically going to start driving all over the place.
It's going to take me forever to put 2,000 miles on the GT4 and also to keep it below 4,000 RPM !!!
So, where does this put me for what I'm actually going to do with mine ???

I think I can live with the Chart above and actually adhere to it.
1,000 miles is a lot based on my two previous New cars but if I push things and make it more of a necessity I think I could put the 1,000 miles on mine and not take a year in doing so.
What remaining Family I have left are in Frankfort, KY and Sadieville, KY.
That's approximately like 4-Hrs. & 230 miles 1-way.
So round-trip would be ......... 460-miles so if I simply can figure out how Not to use the interstates for going and coming ???
(Meaning No-Cruise-Control or Hours on hours at same 70-75 MPH)
Two (2) trips back to where my family is would do the trick plus obviously driving it here where I live in Franklin, TN.

If I don't change my mind I'm doing the Chart you Posted above and same one below.

Personally brother Bill to me one should be realistic and then there will be No-Disappointments !!!

Also, my wife Cathy is 9-years younger than me so she still is working.
She works at home for Cigna Ins. and just passed 25-year Anniversary with Cigna.
We converted one of the upstairs bedrooms years ago to an office for her.
My desk and computer is on one side and she is on the opposite side of the room.

I think I might see if she will go with me and maybe the two of us can figure out how to go using 2-lane roads with her help.
Maybe do a print-out that she can follow and tell me where to make the turns etc.
My wish and preference would be to use the Porsche Navigation if there was some doggone option for selecting No-Interstates ???

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 06-20-2021 at 01:45 PM.
Old 06-20-2021 | 01:46 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by P-car-Vancouver
I’m going to use this method to break my car in once I receive it in September.
P-car-Vancouver,

See my reply above ^^^

Terry
P-car-Vancouver (06-20-2021)
Old 06-21-2021 | 06:46 PM
ausgang
Racer

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
......... so if I simply can figure out how Not to use the interstates for going and coming ???
(Meaning No-Cruise-Control or Hours on hours at same 70-75 MPH)
Two (2) trips back to where my family is would do the trick plus obviously driving it here where I live in Franklin, TN.
I think I might see if she will go with me and maybe the two of us can figure out how to go using 2-lane roads with her help.
Maybe do a print-out that she can follow and tell me where to make the turns etc.
My wish and preference would be to use the Porsche Navigation if there was some doggone option for selecting No-Interstates ???

Terry
Well, you could have your wife download the Waze app to her phone and she can direct you as you go. Waze allows you to configure it so as to give directions while avoiding toll roads and/or freeways.
(Just go to "Search" then "Settings". Under Driving preferences choose "Navigation" and you can adjust to eliminate as you wish. ) I have mine set to eliminate Dirt Roads as an option, as I do quite the opposite of you: I purposely try to get lost on backroads, and then try to get my bearings without tech, but if I use it I still won't take my 911 on a dirt road no matter how far out in the sticks.

Now -- get on with tracking your car's progress on the ship! It's "bad luck" not to. Had more than a few buddies lose their BMWs when the Tricolor went down in the English Channel after a collision back in 2002. Talk about a bad day.
Old 06-22-2021 | 12:29 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Smile

Originally Posted by ausgang
Well, you could have your wife download the Waze app to her phone and she can direct you as you go. Waze allows you to configure it so as to give directions while avoiding toll roads and/or freeways.
(Just go to "Search" then "Settings". Under Driving preferences choose "Navigation" and you can adjust to eliminate as you wish. ) I have mine set to eliminate Dirt Roads as an option, as I do quite the opposite of you: I purposely try to get lost on backroads, and then try to get my bearings without tech, but if I use it I still won't take my 911 on a dirt road no matter how far out in the sticks.

Now -- get on with tracking your car's progress on the ship! It's "bad luck" not to.
Had more than a few buddies lose their BMWs when the Tricolor went down in the English Channel after a collision back in 2002.
Talk about a bad day.
ausgang,

Thanks for the Heads-Up on the use of Waze.

Oh and I damn sure don't Ever-ever-ever want to end up on a Dirt-Back-Road buddy.

Matt G. my SA will be sending me the Ship information for tracking mine.

Terry
Old 06-22-2021 | 12:54 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Post Just received the following Up-Date from my SA Matt Giorgio ...

Hello all,

Just received the scheduling from Matt in the Chart below.
Man this guy is on Top-of-his-Game ............
I've said this before when it comes to me dealing with Matt G. and more than likely this won't be the last time I praise him and his actions.
You know after working for new car dealerships for more than 16-years they definitely left a Very-very sour taste and it's stuck with me on dealing with them over the years.
However, I'm also willing to say in the open that this time dealing with Porsche of Nashville and more importantly Matt Giorgio so far has been a Pleasure.
And unless something Really-really strange happens in the future that I don't see happening I'm going to remain a Happy-Camper guys.

Matt did say he is going to be sending me a further up-date this coming Saturday so I'm looking forward to that news.

BTW,
Below is Matt's business card if your looking for a Truly Professional SA I Highly recommend contacting him.
And of course you can mention my name here on Rennlist.

Terry

The following 3 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
El Crampitan (06-22-2021), Elegant (06-22-2021), mikes70 (06-26-2021)
Old 06-22-2021 | 02:26 PM
Elegant
Track Day

Hi Terry,

Great to know that EVERYTHING is now scheduled and you will be driving your GT4 before the end of August.
You are certainly correct in stating that Porsche of Nashville is on top of things.
A thumbs up to Matt Giorgio for doing such a good job of keeping you informed of progress.

Only two months to go buddy!!!

Cheers,
Tom
tigerhonaker (06-22-2021)
Old 06-23-2021 | 12:27 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Elegant
Hi Terry,

Great to know that EVERYTHING is now scheduled and you will be driving your GT4 before the end of August.
You are certainly correct in stating that Porsche of Nashville is on top of things.
A thumbs up to Matt Giorgio for doing such a good job of keeping you informed of progress.

Only two months to go buddy!!!

Cheers,
Tom
Hi Tom,

Yes sir from the proposed scheduling Matt sent me it looks like mine will be an August delivery.

That's fine by me for sure as I have wondered if it might actually turn into a September delivery.

Terry
Old 06-26-2021 | 04:57 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up Saturday June 26th and Matt my SA just sent me the following Up-Dates below ...

Guys,

Matt did his Porsche training all week and has returned to Porsche of Nashville today.
As he said to me last week he would send me the Newest Changes/Up-Dates this Saturday which he just now did.

Sent: Sat, Jun 26, 2021 1:36 pm
Subject: RE: Matt, an important E-Mail buddy please read below .......... Re: GT4 Completed!

Hi Terry!

Here is your new V status update and itinerary.
I don’t want to jump the gun but I am going to look to move up these dates by a week since your GT4 is slightly ahead of schedule.
I’ll keep the previous dates reserved in-case delivery gets pushed back.
Can’t wait to see, now that it is actually assembled from factory!

Best,
Matt Giorgio
Porsche Brand Ambassador
Porsche of Nashville
1580 Mallory Lane
Brentwood, TN 37027

Dealership: 615-647-3200
Direct: 615-647-3142
Cell: 615-604-8525
Fax: 615-647-3192

Things are looking great,
Terry
Elegant (06-26-2021)
Old 06-26-2021 | 06:08 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Terry, you've got yourself an SA that is extremely on top of things. You're rounding 3rd base so it won't be long now. Congrats! Hang in there.
tigerhonaker (06-27-2021)
Old 06-27-2021 | 12:57 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Terry, you've got yourself an SA that is extremely on top of things. You're rounding 3rd base so it won't be long now. Congrats! Hang in there.
halfmonkey,

Well I have intentionally waited to inform/contact Matt G. SA on Porsche of Nashville service department raising the Front & Rear the extra 1/2".
Since there was months before it would ever even be officially built much less shipped and arrived at my Porsche Dealership I had plenty of time to see and read about that Front-Lower-Spoiler.
And believe me I have paid-super-close-attention on anything and everything I have seen and watched on videos about it.

I decided for myself the smart thing was to just maybe give myself the little-extra-protection.

Also I think I might also gain a tiny bit of height with going with the Michelin PS4S tires over the Cup 2 tires.
Any extra height I'll welcome it.

The clock is ticking and the time is rolling by now to what seems to me to be a little-faster.

Terry
Old 06-27-2021 | 02:24 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Another vote for WAZE. It’ll let you configure your trip without using toll roads or highways. It’s also decent for LEO sightings but usually better for that on heavily traveled routes. Same with warnings for construction.

Glad your SA is keeping you well informed of the progress

Quick Reply: GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker