Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2021, 04:32 PM
nothingman
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 93 Posts

Hi Terry,

What is the status of your delivery currently? I believe your car arrived to the dealer around August 10th and they went right to work doing all of the mods on your list? Are you still waiting on the painted shift paddles to be installed and then off to the PPF installation and ceramic coating?
Old 09-20-2021, 05:22 PM
colnagoG60
Rennlist Member

Received 1,268 Likes on 791 Posts

Originally Posted by sanderabernathy
I was going to create a thread to troll people who waited a couple of years for an allocation for a car that needed a new engine and tire pressure sensors before delivery. But I couldn’t do better than this.

You would have never have been able to compete with the pics of the redacted shipping labels, and invoices...waiting for Mr. Tigerhonaker's "Masterclass" videos on youtube covering "Domumentation".

:beer:
Old 09-23-2021, 04:12 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,475 Likes on 823 Posts
Originally Posted by 2seats
Tell us more about these custom graphics
See extensive information below.

Originally Posted by nothingman
Hi Terry,

What is the status of your delivery currently?
I believe your car arrived to the dealer around August 10th and they went right to work doing all of the mods on your list?
Are you still waiting on the painted shift paddles to be installed and then off to the PPF installation and ceramic coating?
See extensive information below.

Terry
Old 09-23-2021, 05:52 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Post Finally things are now actually moving Forward with my GT4 ...........

September 23rd 2021

For those interested,

Just my thinking on what Rennlist.com means to me and I honestly think a lot of other members from all over the World.

I think this internet site is about members like myself as well as others discussing their Porsche vehicles as well as offering useful opinions/suggestions to other members.

With the above being said and me stopping so I don't end up coming across as preaching and I can assure everyone that's not my intent.

My GT4 and what's finally going on with it:

The Wrap-Lab (Old Name) here in Franklin, Tennessee that I have used in the past with excellent results.
They (Wrap-Lab) is totally out of this in regards to my GT4 and them doing the Custom-Graphics for it.
I could get into deep in-depth detail on what's actually NOT taken place but what's the point.

Thankfully I am on Facebook and on that I have been following both Tru Shine Inc. and also Marlins Auto Detailing.
Both are the best of the best here where I live and both are truly (Professionals) at what each specializes in.
Anyway, I received a Facebook message the other day from Chris Marlin (Marlins Auto Detailing).
It basically said the following two things ...........
Terry Honaker we are still waiting on yours to come see us & Terry Honaker let me know if I can assist.
I replied with my cellphone number and asked Chris if he would mind calling me at his convenience as I am a retired fellow.
He instantly called and we had a semi-long-talk and he was brought all the way up to speed on why he and Eric (Tru Shine Inc) were still waiting.
Chris immediately came up with a working plan for all parties involved.
So, after that in-depth conversation my GT4 was scheduled by Matt Giorgio (Porsche of Nashville) SA to get it transported to Chris Marlins shop.
That took place today and the GT4 is now at the right shops with the Professionals doing what they do best.
Speaking of Chris again, he has already placed the order for the two (2) Custom Graphics going on the GT4.

I have a lot of current information in pictures to share with you.

Speaking of some Porsche Dealerships service departments like the one I'm using.
If anyone thinks you will get a brake on cost since your Buying/Purchasing your New Porsche from that same exact Porsche Dealership keep reading and looking at the information below.
Oh for those that don't have a clue about how pricing goes I'll make rough attempt to explain how it goes in general.
You pay what the Book/Computer says any job cost in Labor-Hours.
Not the actual time the Technician is working on your Porsche just in case you don't know how it works.
So, my butt got charged (Twice) for the front replacement Hawk-Brake-Pads because the 1st set were incorrect and too large for the calibers.
(If you recall I double-checked on the front brake pads part number with The-Tire-Rack and had the guy put me on hold and he checked, it was not the correct part #)

I might very well be wrong but I think some of you might be actually (SHOCKED) when you see 1st hand what things cost going through your Porsche Dealerships service-department & Parts Departments.

Okay, enough on service department cost or the parts department or the Mark-Up on 3rd party shops involved with your Porsche the dealership uses.

I did everything with Matt Giorgio my SA simply so I didn't have to get involved I thought.
Trust me when I say I did get involved but that's okay really as now things are finally moving in the right direction ... Forward.
Also and this is a major part of my reasoning ............
I don't want in the future to ever get any Negative-Lip-Service from the Service Department if I ever need them for anything.
Because ^^^ they handled everything and therefore I will go to them if there ever comes up any issues with their work or the 3rd part shops they used for my GT4.

Pictures:
And before you ask or comment these pictures were taken for me from cellphones.

Below are what the Service Department actual cost is for mine.

Below is the Current 100% accurate Itinerary.

Guards Red shift paddles and I love them guys.
They go very well with the Guards Red brake calibers and also the Guards Red instruments and Chrono clock.
To me they just add some extra Zeal to the interior.

The pictures below are the GT4 leaving Porsche of Nashville to Marlins & Tru Shine.
I thought this was a Major-Plus that the owner of, Middle Tennessee Towing, Evan did the transporting.

Pictures of it as it arrived at Marlins & Tru Shine.

Below is what it will look like once Marlins & Tru Shine complete their work.

Note*
I will also be paying Marlins & Tru Shine for their Services which are not included above.

Marlins Link,

https://www.facebook.com/MarlinsAutoDetailing/

He will be using these products on my GT4.

Tru Shine Inc's link,

https://www.trushine.net/

Terry
The following 3 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
Elegant (09-24-2021), nothingman (09-23-2021), slilley (09-24-2021)
Old 09-23-2021, 11:11 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,869 Likes on 1,902 Posts

You skimped on PCCB but spent $4k+ on decorations?
The following users liked this post:
sgreer78 (11-21-2021)
Old 09-23-2021, 11:33 PM
2seats
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 122 Posts

The paint correction is happening before the PPF right???
Old 09-23-2021, 11:37 PM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 361 Posts

I’m guessing he’ll do it before, during, and after.
Old 09-23-2021, 11:39 PM
2seats
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 122 Posts

At least the car will get driven from one side of the parking lot to the other.
Old 09-23-2021, 11:51 PM
sanderabernathy
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by 2seats;[url=tel:17685606
17685606[/url]]At least the car will get driven from one side of the parking lot to the other.
Nah. He’ll flatbed it.
Old 09-24-2021, 09:18 AM
GT325
Pro

Received 193 Likes on 108 Posts

35 bucks labor to swap the side marker lights is a disgrace especially on a new car purchase with plenty of labor fluff as is. I feel for the OP. 30 seconds no tools required.
The following users liked this post:
UncleDude (09-24-2021)
Old 09-24-2021, 10:09 AM
Webfiero
Advanced

Received 103 Likes on 37 Posts

Terry---it's looking good for sure. The side graphics and the matching black scoop really work well with the yellow paint. I bet time you spent putting your finishing touches on the car will turn out to be a great supplement to actually enjoying the road trips that await you. Keep posting progress.
The following 2 users liked this post by Webfiero:
P-car-Vancouver (09-24-2021), tigerhonaker (09-24-2021)
Old 09-24-2021, 11:33 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Archimedes
You skimped on PCCB but spent $4k+ on decorations?
Sorry my Rennlist internet buddy my spending has upset you so.
My Baddddddddddddd

Yes,
1st Marlins does the Paint-Correction.
Then it goes next door to Tru Shine for the PPF.
Then back to Marlins for the Custom Graphics, then the Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating package.

No comment ............

At least the car will get driven from one side of the parking lot to the other.
so Very-very true

Nah. He’ll flatbed it.
Maybe ........

Originally Posted by GT325
35 bucks labor to swap the side marker lights is a disgrace especially on a new car purchase with plenty of labor fluff as is. I feel for the OP. 30 seconds no tools required.
Agreed ............

Originally Posted by Webfiero
Terry---it's looking good for sure.
The side graphics and the matching black scoop really work well with the yellow paint.
I bet time you spent putting your finishing touches on the car will turn out to be a great supplement to actually enjoying the road trips that await you.
Keep posting progress.
Webfiero,

Thanks for the kind-words.
Your right on the Side-Graphics in Gloss Black 1st to match the Gloss Black Door handles & Side scoops.
Plus it will add so much to the over all appearance by breaking up the tremendous amount of the Racing-Yellow.
Daily road trips will be taking place with Cathy (Wife of 38-years) as she took every Friday off until 2022.
By her doing that we will plan where to go each time to get those 2,000 Porsche recommended Break-in-Miles.
I've decided I'm going to try my best to do those 2,000 miles per Porsche ...........

I'll post up-dates as the GT4 gets completed which now is definitely going to happen thanks to Chris Marlin at (Marlins Auto Detailing).

Note*
I Really-really like the Corvette in your Custom Avatar.

Stay-Tuned,
Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 09-24-2021 at 11:35 AM.
Old 09-24-2021, 12:26 PM
SpeedySpidey
Burning Brakes

Received 755 Likes on 370 Posts

GR paddle shifters look awesome in combo with the red clusters… I would not be surprised if Porsche copied your idea for future configs
Old 09-25-2021, 02:10 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SpeedySpidey
GR paddle shifters look awesome in combo with the red clusters… I would not be surprised if Porsche copied your idea for future configs
SpeedySpidey,

Well when looks at what Porsche charges to change the color of the front windshield washer covers, door handles, etc.
Can you imagine what they would charge for the change of color on the Shift-Paddles.

I know from the pictures I was sent from Matt Giorgio my SA even know they aren't all that great.
I'm totally satisfied with having that color change done.
They look Bad-*** to this fellow.

Terry
Old 09-25-2021, 02:31 PM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Received 696 Likes on 324 Posts

Hi Terry
Car is coming along just the way you like it! It is your car, your choice so ignore the noise. What I can tell you from my 1st 5 weeks with my car, that the wait will be SO worth it!!! Keep us posted!!
The following 2 users liked this post by P-car-Vancouver:
needmoregarage (09-25-2021), nothingman (09-27-2021)

Quick Reply: GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker