Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2024, 01:06 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,485 Likes on 828 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Mike981S
Haha... yeah... it is now more semi- than fully-patiently

Thanks and enjoy your GT4!
Mike,
I hope I see it when you take delivery.

And Semi Patiently waiting to me makes perfect sense.

Terry
The following users liked this post:
Mike981S (02-26-2024)
Old 02-28-2024, 01:09 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Cars and Coffee,

Hey guys so I drove over and met my Porsche "Spyder" buddy that lives on the other side of "Historic" Franklin to drive to Cars & Coffee with him.

It was a small local subdivision event but something to do on a sunny, semi-warm afternoon.

Jim, was practicing with his New Drone and sent me a few images taken with it before the crowd showed up.

I took 1-picture while watching Jim practicing with his Drone as it was Super-Windy !!!

Terry
USA
The following 5 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
Cyclman (03-03-2024), FazedChicken (02-28-2024), Mike981S (02-29-2024), slilley (02-28-2024), UncleDude (02-28-2024)
Old 03-02-2024, 03:35 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up SOUL, "Sound-Symposer-Delete" has been REMOVED ...

February 29th 2024

Guys I'm thinking some of you wonder why I had the SOUL "Sound Symposer-Delete" removed?

When I was running the SOUL V1 exhaust it was so LOUD inside the cabin you couldn't hear the intake sounds.

But ..................

With the Newly installed SOUL V2 super civil exhaust I wanted to see if I could hear more of the intake sounds running my BMC intake filters.

As it has turned out I definitely can !!!
Thankfully it was a good decision.

I also received the the following Customer Card from Nick that was placed in the passenger seat I will Share and I thought it was nice of him.

Also, Blake my S/A, (Service Advisor) told me as usual Nick stopped by and picked him up for the final-test-drive to see what they both thought of the change?
Blake said to me something like, Terry your going to like this change as we, Nick & I, both liked the additional intake-feedback !!!
Sure enough as soon as I selected, Locked-Open exhaust with Cargraphics-Controller I could easily hear the difference and exactly what I was hoping it would provide.
Once I got to where the temperature was 105-degrees and I could Nail-the-Throttle, Wide-Open, it now Really-really SCREAMS.

Below are some of the pictures Nick was nice enough once again to provide me with.

Dropping it off to Blake.

Blake, S/A, (Service-Advisor) bringing the GT4 up for me to leave PON (Porsche of Nashville).

Back home and off to further "Try-Out" my newly installed Stock-Sound-Symposer intake sounds inside the cabin.

Terry
USA

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 03-02-2024 at 03:57 PM.
slilley (03-04-2024)
Old 03-02-2024, 10:08 PM
anonymous-monkey
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default stock strut suspension

hey terry, someone mentioned to me that you raised your stock suspension and was wondering what it looked like, and wanted to generally learn more about it as I am considering doing the same
tigerhonaker (03-03-2024)
Old 03-03-2024, 04:25 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by anonymous-monkey

hey terry, someone mentioned to me that you raised your stock suspension and was wondering what it looked like,
and wanted to generally learn more about it as I am considering doing the same
anonymous-monkey,

Below is the original Porsche of Nashville "Service Invoice" that has the comments from Nick with over 20-Years of experience (Shop Foreman).
He has done all the work on my 2021 GT4 "Before & After" I took delivery that covers over two (2) years and 9,000 miles now.

Nick specified in millimeters what he raised mine to Front-Left, Front-Right, Rear-Left, Rear-Right.
(See invoice images below)

Let me share the following with you on mine being raised.
If you did own a 2021 GT4 and parked right beside mine.
Assuming you were also running the exact same Michelin AS/4 tires I am.
There is No-Way you would ever think mine has been "Very-Slightly" raised both Front & Rear to keep the same angle as stock from Porsche.

Lastly, there are a few Rennlist members that want to make some Great-Big-Deal over me having mine raised.
But TRUTHFULLY that's nothing more than those few Rennlist members {Nitpicking} something that is next to impossible to even tell.

Now, a comment to you since you have reached out to me.
Thankfully, the small amount mine was raised has kept mine from having "Any-Underneath-Damage" after two (2) years and 9,000 miles.

Current mileage as of March 3rd 2024:

So, I say go for it but if you do ???
Make damn sure it's done by your Porsche Service Department and a "Senior-Technician" like Nick the Shop-Foreman that did mine.

Print out the two (2) PON invoices I'm going to share with you below and take with you to your Porsche S/A (Service Advisor) to send to the Tech doing the actual work.
One is Enlarged so Super-Easy-to-Read !!!

Come back here and let me know what your decision is ???

Terry Honaker
Franklin, Tennessee
USA

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 03-03-2024 at 04:27 PM.
wizee (03-04-2024)
Old 04-29-2024, 01:29 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Exclamation 2021 Cayman 718 GT4 dropped off to "Porsche of Nashville" for tomorrows service.

April 29th 2024,

Well it's been awhile since I have had anything done at PON (Porsche of Nashville).

I was suppose to drop off my 2021 GT4 in the morning around 7:30 AM when they open.
But ...............
Checking the weather and the forecast starting this evening around 11 PM is 73% for Rain and then goes higher around 93% at 5:30 AM in the morning.
So, I placed a call for Nich (Shop Foreman) that does all my work to see if I had Cathy (Wife) follow me could he find a place in the shop?
Yes-yes was the reply per the receptionist that walked down to Nich's bay to ask him if that would be okay?

Dropped off the key to my SA (Blake) to give to Nich to pull the GT4 in the shop.

Pictures as I parked it outside so Nich could pull it inside.

Bottom pictures as we were leaving PON heading back home.

Work starts tomorrow if Nich doesn't get pulled away as he supports all the techs if they need any assistance.
I'll be back once Nich finishes all the work I have requested.

Terry
slilley (04-29-2024)
Old 05-17-2024, 04:57 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Post Squealing front brakes and new Continental DWS 06 Plus tires

May 17th 2024

Guys this post is going to cover two things.

(1) New Porsche front brake rotors, CRC Disc-Brake-Quiet, CRC Brake & Caliber GREASE.

BTW, if interested click on the link below as I already made an attempt to get rid of the front-brake-LOUD squealing.

02-02-2024, 10:44 AM
Final results of the Newly installed HAWK-Front-Pads ...
https://rennlist.com/forums/718-gts-...l#post19256598

(2) New Continental DWS 06 Plus All-Season-Tires.

My approach to cover both of the above ^^^ is to do 1 thing at a time.

Below is an in-depth E-Mail I received from Nick (Shop Foreman) at PON (Porsche of Nashville).

I cannot really do an adequate job of covering Nick and all the work he did on my 2021 GT4 W/PDK.
So, let me just say, Nick went Way-way beyond the call of duty on all aspects of what he did on my GT4.
I feel like I am a Super-Lucky fellow to have PON only 10-miles from me.
And that Nick from day 1 has done all the work on my GT4.
That's ^^^ now covered over 2-years ..............

If you have No-Interest in seeing & viewing the 40-plus images below then simply read the below E-Mail Nick sent me.

My thoughts on the Front-Brake-Squealing now.
I duplicated what Nick did to seat the new HAWK Ceramic Low Noise & Low Dust pads.
In-Fact, I also did multiple, back to back hard stops from like 60 MPH as well as even 70 MPH.
Of course I let the brakes COOL-DOWN before doing each of the above pus as I said Duplicating what Nick did.
Final results:
Currently I can hear a Low-Squeal Occasionally if I am being super-gentle on the brake-pedal in heavy Stop & Go traffic I experienced on the way home.
This is what I have to say after I completed the 470-miles.
It's Very-very infrequently that I even get any Low-Squeal now so I am satisfied and I hope things stay as they currently are regrading brake-squeal.

I should or I wish to add the following to other Porsche owners in regards to Front-Brake-Squeal according to how LOUD and ANNOYING it is.
This was expensive guys and that's even after I received Assistance/Help from the Service-Manager Sterling on labor as well as the Parts Manager on the Front-Rotors.
As I sit here thinking and typing .............
I think guys you would have to be in the position money-wise and Way-way ........... Totally-Fed-Up ............ with the Front-Brakes- Squealing ..... LOUDLY !!!
If so you might be like me and think the cost is worth it.

Invoices.

Hawk Ceramic Low-Dust & Low-Noise images.

Continental DWS 06 Plus tires.

LITTLE NECESSARY BACKGROUND .................
I recently had Discount Tire take-off the Michelin AS/4 tires and installed the Continental DWS 06 Plus.
The Michelin AS/4 tires still measured NEW for wear as Cathy works from home so not a lot of driving the 2017 Golf R.
My thinking was to try the Golf R 1st and see what I thought before Jumping-Up and having them installed on the 2021 GT4 W/PDK.
Well, as soon as I drove away from Discount Tire I instantly felt the difference in Ride Comfort.
Then with miles I noticed they were without any Doubt Quieter.
Well with those results ^^^ I said to Cathy I think I will notice an improvement for Comfort & Noise in my GT4 based on our Golf R with 19" Low-Profile tires.
Also, because Nick was going to be doing work on the GT4 to hopefully, greatly reduce or eliminate the Front-LOUD-Brake Squealing !!!
Might as well have Nick do both so when I pick it up I can then put a lot of miles on it and see what I think.

I have had the Michelin Cup 2 (Track & Race), Michelin PS4S (Super Summer Performance), Michelin (AS/4 (All Season 4) tires, Continental (DWS 06 Plus) tires.
Here is my opinion after 2-plus years and approximately 9,000 miles.
Since we do have all four seasons which includes Cold-Weather below 40-Degrees.

The Michelin AS/4 tires do work well in the Colder Months here.
But .....................
As soon as I drove away from PON the GT4 was just like the Golf R in that it was a Definite improvement in Ride-Comfort.
Also, once I started putting miles on it it was obvious the Continental DWS 06 Plus were Quieter tires.

Final thoughts.
BTW, my Michelin AS/ 4 tires were still just like new.
Guys if you live where you have Four-Seasons and Super-Cold-Winters ?
And your NOT tracking/racing your Porsche I can say to you I'm loving the change as they just Soak-Up the road Bumps-Strips with ease. .
The more miles the better I'm enjoying them.
Keep in-mind that you should run the tire pressures per the sticker on the door jam and Don't over-inflate.
I'm not going to get into to some darn (Back & Forth) that just keep Going & Going with Never-Ever any Final Conclusion.
If you don't want to have the Continental DWS 06 Plus tires on your Porsche or shall I say lighter-weight-sedan etc then don't do it.
If your like me and want the best ride with less noise then you might very well be SURPRISED if you get a set.
And for those that claim/think the DWS tires won't handle going around curves way past the Posted-Speed-Limit I found that not to be true.
Of course I'm not talking about those that live in California doing the Canyon-Runs.
And really unless one is a total Dumb-*** you can have all the Fun with the DWS unless you insist on driving like you're running Michelin Cup-2 (Ultra Track) tires.

Guys I do hope that some of you have found the information above helpful,
Terry Honaker

The following 3 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
jimdillard (05-18-2024), slilley (05-18-2024), stevedc982 (06-13-2024)
Old 05-18-2024, 11:44 AM
slilley
Rennlist Member

Received 470 Likes on 213 Posts

Thanks Terry! I appreciate all the feedback, and enjoy the pictures too. I've added this Continental tire to my "must-try" list. I'm currently running the Michelin A/S 4 tires on three of my (non-Porsche) cars. A quieter ride is always appreciated!
Old 05-19-2024, 01:21 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by slilley
Thanks Terry! I appreciate all the feedback, and enjoy the pictures too.
I've added this Continental tire to my "must-try" list.
I'm currently running the Michelin A/S 4 tires on three of my (non-Porsche) cars.
A quieter ride is always appreciated!
slilley,

Hello Porsche buddy,

I'm glad you liked the content including the Many-many images.
The pictures were sent to me from Nick Gwozdz (shop foreman) that did all the work.

Speaking of the Continental DWS 06 Plus tires.
As I posted I 1st had them installed on Cathy's Golf R.

Then the GT4 ..............
And as soon as I drove away I knew right then these are an obvious improvement over all the Michelin tires I had ran.
(I'm NOT referring to GRIP ^^^)
I'm saying the ride is something you can tell right off the bat.
You don't have to put a lot of miles on the Porsche to tell there is an improvement.
And I should mention with the Golf R running 19" Low-Profile-Tires" and the GT4 running 20" "Low-Profile-Tires".
I was hoping and figured there just might be some improved Ride-Quality with the GT4.
Let me see if this explains, DWS 06 Plus tires soak-up all the bumps, ridges, irregularities more so than the Michelin AS/4 tires did.
And the DWS 06 Plus tires are to me Quieter than the Michelin AS/4 tires.
But .................
Everyone needs to keep in mind the vehicles I'm referring to that I own.
I have not a clue how the DWS 06 Plus tires would do on other Makes & Models.

Also slilley, keep in mind like I Posted that here we do experience All-4-Seasons.
In the winter it does get way below 40-Degrees which means that the (Ultra-Summer-Performance) tires shouldn't be ran.
Also, since so many people do see and read post here on Rennlist I should mention, again, I'm NOT Tracking/Racing my GT4.

What I have gone for is to improve the overall street-ability of my GT4.
At this point I am all-set regarding Low-Interior-Noise-Level and Comfortable Ride-Quality.

And one of the Major contributing items to the overall effect of the above is the SOUL V2 (Version-2) exhaust-system.
By using the Cargraphics valve-controller setting to, Automatic-Mode, plus the New Continental DWS 06 Plus tires the GT4 is as civil on the street as it's going to be.

Happy Camper here guys,
Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 05-19-2024 at 01:40 PM.
slilley (05-20-2024)
Old 06-14-2024, 02:27 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up Just now turned 10000 miles on June 14th 2024 ...

Greetings guys & Gals,

Still liking my 2021 GT4 W/PDK even more than when I took delivery over two (2) years ago from PON (Porsche of Nashville) in Nashville, Tennessee.

Also, for those interested ?????????????

The more miles I'm putting on the just installed Continental DWS 06 Plus tires the better I'm liking them and thankful I made that decision.
I was running the Michelin AS/4 Ultra Performance tires.

These Continental DWS 06 Plus tires are {DEFINITELY} an Up-Grade as they have Noticeably "Smoother & Quieter" ride qualities.

Terry Honaker

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 06-14-2024 at 02:29 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
jimdillard (06-14-2024), Mike981S (06-14-2024), slilley (06-15-2024), Treemagnet (06-14-2024)
Old 07-09-2024, 12:17 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Exclamation Speaking of turning-off Sport Mode .................

Hello,

Well I have been thinking about turning-off the Sport Mode to see what the PDK would do.

I have never in my 2-years of ownership drove with the Sport Mode off.

I'm always running with Sport Mode "Active".

Now to the point and what I just observed doing the following.

I did not touch the Sport-Mode Button, I activated with the Cargraphics valve-controller full "Automatic-Mode" for exhaust.
I wanted to see what would actually take place if I drove with the above settings and truthfully I was Super Surprised with what I found out.

With the Sport Mode NOT active it shifts Really-really fast and around 40 MPH it will go into 7th gear believe it or not.
And running the exhaust in Full-Automatic mode it is Super Quiet.

This guys could be useful if you want the smoothest, quietest drive.
It surely changes the way the GT4 drives and sounds if you want No-Drama and looking for the Calmest drive.

Of course one would not be using those settings if you were wanting Performance and of course Louder exhaust.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 07-09-2024 at 12:19 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
Mike981S (07-09-2024), slilley (07-09-2024)
Old 08-04-2024, 03:54 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Lightbulb My "Custom Detailer" Chris Marlin has moved to a new location in Franklin, TN.

August 2nd 2024

My "Custom Detailer" Chris Marlin has moved to a new location in Franklin, TN.

Well here is something new that just took place and was announced on Facebook last week.

My buddy Chris Marlin that was located in Murfreesboro, TN. just Shut-Down his shop down and has Relocated to "Southern Shine" in Franklin, TN. USA

I contacted Chris on his cellphone and confirmed that what I saw and read on Facebook was actually factual?

He told me the reasons on shutting-down his business in Murfreesboro, TN.

He got with the owner of "Southern Shine", Nick, that as it turned out I use to work with back in 2006 at Gary Force Acura in Brentwood, TN.
(Small-World)

Moving on Chris and Nick, "Owner", got together where they put together a plan that was mutually beneficial to both.
As it turned-out when I called Chris he had just moved in his New Bay at Southern Shine the day before.
He had a few small jobs still in-line but said to come on over around 1:30 to 1:45 on Friday afternoon.

As it turns-out "Southern Shine" is directly across the street from "Walker Chevrolet" where I was employed for over 16-years.

Now the great thing is I'm now only, 10 min (4.5 miles) from "Southern-Shine".
Talk about close.

Now that there is not so great a distance to get to Chris I'll be using him a lot more frequently.

Here was Chris Marlin's old place of Business in Murfreesboro, TN.
I had been there many times over the past 2-Years.
That's Chris and me ................

Below are a few cellphone images I took while Hanging-Out with Chris as he has his own "Separate-Bay".

Next images were sent to me from "Southern Shine" that they took as I was ready to leave.
They sent me the images to my cellphone.

Quick Reply: GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker