Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Spyder RS Production and Delivery Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2024 | 10:29 AM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Tish tosh! The RL pundits have assured us these cars will flow like water!

Since even the non-WP cars have plenty of (painted) cfrp, I wonder if they are any less susceptible to these delays.

These big delays are making me wonder if my car will get pushed into MY25 production. When that happens, does Porsche usually let you keep your original pricing, or make you eat any increases?

Last edited by Adrift; 04-14-2024 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-14-2024 | 10:53 AM
7184RS
Instructor

Originally Posted by Adrift
Tish tosh! The RL pundits have assured us these cars will flow like water!

Since even the non-WP cars have plenty of (painted) cfrp, I wonder if they are any less susceptible to these delays.

These big delays are making me wonder if my car will get pushed into MY25 production. When that happens, does Porsche usually let you keep your original pricing, or make you eat any increases?
At least in Europe, for GT cars, until you pay (at delivery usually) any price increase is on the buyer
Old 04-14-2024 | 10:54 AM
Jay Cordeiro
Racer

I've been told the exposed CF has a very slow production rate.

This is an excellent question. I have heard price increases for 2025. The admin may or may not go down but all other prices will go up.
The big question is when will they stop production?
Old 04-14-2024 | 11:16 AM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jay Cordeiro
I don't think they realised how many people would choose WP either by choice or being forced to for certain options. If they removed the WP requirements to get magnesium wheels and/or PTS things would probably go much smoother.
Don’t think PAG has ever offered 3 RSs simultaneously and a bunch of special 911s requiring CF components and LWBS.

Personally, happy to wait for what I want. Alternatively, PAG could put this on constraint and/or remove from builds…no bueno that.
The following users liked this post:
Ferrarisimo (04-14-2024)
Old 04-14-2024 | 11:39 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

This is a concern. My PTS WP SRS began production on Friday.
Despite WP, I choose for the hood be painted body color. Maybe that will help speed production?

At this point I’m glad that my ED isn’t until the last week of August if there are further production delays
Mike981S (04-16-2024)
Old 04-14-2024 | 11:52 AM
7184RS
Instructor

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Don’t think PAG has ever offered 3 RSs simultaneously and a bunch of special 911s requiring CF components and LWBS.

Personally, happy to wait for what I want. Alternatively, PAG could put this on constraint and/or remove from builds…no bueno that.
That is what you do when you don't have capacity or crappy logistics .... Put constraints...
I'm 100% sure that given the current delays later builds will end up not being produced as Porsche just keeps giving allocations...that must be good fun for the buyer after waiting ...

Last edited by 7184RS; 04-14-2024 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-14-2024 | 01:41 PM
Frank1119
Advanced

Originally Posted by Drifting
This is a concern. My PTS WP SRS began production on Friday.
Despite WP, I choose for the hood be painted body color. Maybe that will help speed production?

At this point I’m glad that my ED isn’t until the last week of August if there are further production delays
Did you choose Mag wheels? I think that’s a big factor…

Whats your estimated production end date? I also have painted hood with WP (white color), standard wheels and PCCB, the estimated production duration is 30 days…
Old 04-14-2024 | 01:56 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Frank1119

Whats your estimated production end date? I also have painted hood with WP (white color), standard wheels and PCCB, the estimated production duration is 30 days…
no mag wheels in my build.
If I eventually get mag wheels I’ll go aftermarket. Similar or lower prices/lweight. I don’t love the aesthetics of the SRS/4RS OEM mag wheels, plus I don’t want to pay ADM on mag wheels that I don’t love.

I do have some custom tailoring (extended deviated stitching package). My car is supposed to finish production the first week of May.

I just hope my Spyder is done by the end of May!

Last edited by Drifting; 04-14-2024 at 03:51 PM.
Frank1119 (04-14-2024)
Old 04-14-2024 | 03:25 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Jay Cordeiro
I don't think they realised how many people would choose WP either by choice or being forced to for certain options. If they removed the WP requirements to get magnesium wheels and/or PTS things would probably go much smoother.
I don't think it's a WP issue. Doesn't WP only add literally one carbon piece over the standard option: the Gurney flap?
Old 04-14-2024 | 03:28 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ferrarisimo
I don't think it's a WP issue. Doesn't WP only add literally one carbon piece over the standard option: the Gurney flap?
Finishing is different... let's not make this a Non-WP = plastic discussion.
Old 04-14-2024 | 03:30 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Frank1119

I have magnesium wheels, and my total production delay, going all the way back to when I placed the order in November 2023, now stands at 6 days later than the original estimate. Definitely keeping my fingers crossed that I don't get hit with a multi-month delay like what I'm seeing in this thread.

And to answer your question, my estimated production duration stands at exactly one month: starts on 4/22 and ends on 5/22.
Frank1119 (04-14-2024)
Old 04-14-2024 | 05:04 PM
coldfire
Rennlist Member

I assume it is based on model year (production) of the vehicle. With my Spyder, I had originally signed an order for MY21. My eventual allocation was a MY22 production, and I had to re-sign the order with dealer including the price increase.
Old 04-14-2024 | 07:12 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by coldfire
I assume it is based on model year (production) of the vehicle. With my Spyder, I had originally signed an order for MY21. My eventual allocation was a MY22 production, and I had to re-sign the order with dealer including the price increase.
It’s dependent on having an actual build date allocation.

Signed purchase order is different.

@Adrift will be getting a VIN in a couple days so no worries for him
coldfire (04-14-2024)
Old 04-14-2024 | 07:44 PM
Jay Cordeiro
Racer

Originally Posted by Ferrarisimo
It adds the gurney flap and changes both mirrors, cow bells, side intake scopes, roll hoops, the center brake light bar and hood to exposed carbon. The dash also goes to alcantara and includes titanium exhaust tips. It's actually a lot of pieces if you like them. I originally was on the fence but I really like WP now. The only thing I am not big on is the alcantara dash. It looks good just tougher to keep clean. I did not spec this car, but what fun. Only 500km more to break in is done.🥳

The following 2 users liked this post by Jay Cordeiro:
Mike981S (04-16-2024), Pokerhobo (04-14-2024)
Old 04-14-2024 | 07:51 PM
McClown
Instructor

I suspect if there are supply delays it is simply more reason for Porsche to be pushing the available parts to EU and Australian builds given both have impending regulatory deadlines that Porsche are no doubt trying to overcome. Mine completed within a week of its due date.
Mike981S (04-16-2024)

Quick Reply: The Spyder RS Production and Delivery Discussion Thread