Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

PDLS+ Availability Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2022, 06:12 PM
6IXSPD
Rennlist Member

Received 790 Likes on 282 Posts

The new headlights (same as the old PDLS+, visually) show up on the Canadian configurator now, but not the washers even if they’re selected.

edit: reached out to Porsche Canada and it turns out Bose should be back on our configurator too, but it’s an error online and being rectified

Last edited by 6IXSPD; 11-01-2022 at 08:51 PM.
Old 11-02-2022, 06:06 PM
adeland
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nanjaria
My build locked a few days ago too. I was able to add them one day prior to lock and it pushed the freeze date out by another 5 days. My SA said that they have been added, but I guess we will find out!
My father and I are in the exact situation that you were in. Our freeze-point is tomorrow evening (11/4) and we're trying to get a hold of our SA to make the change to the LEDs for us. Last we heard from him was two days ago, said he was waiting to hear if we can get them. Can you elaborate on how your SA was able to add them to your build and move the freeze-point date? Thanks.
Old 11-02-2022, 06:09 PM
IconRPM
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by adeland
My father and I are in the exact situation that you were in. Our freeze-point is tomorrow evening (11/4) and we're trying to get a hold of our SA to make the change to the LEDs for us. Last we heard from him was two days ago, said he was waiting to hear if we can get them. Can you elaborate on how your SA was able to add them to your build and move the freeze-point date? Thanks.
He had me send him a new build code with the added option on the configurator. Im assuming he updated my order with that new build. Also, I don’t think that the SA can move the freeze date..more like it was automatically moved maybe in response to the change or something else.
Old 11-02-2022, 06:17 PM
adeland
Intermediate

What was your freeze-date? Because we did the same. We sent him a new build code with the added LED option but it seems he hasn't updated the order as it's not reflected on TYD. Did your SA have to get confirmation on the availability for the LEDs for him to update the order?
Old 11-02-2022, 06:24 PM
IconRPM
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

What was your freeze-date? Because we did the same. We sent him a new build code with the added LED option but it seems he hasn't updated the order as it's not reflected on TYD. Did your SA have to get confirmation on the availability for the LEDs for him to update the order?
Freeze date was 10/20. We texted about the LEDs on 10/19 and the texted back saying that the order had been revised with the new spec. Then the freeze date got pushed to 10/25

At no point then or now could I see the actual build attached to my order on TYD. I’m just taking his word for it that it has been changed.
Old 11-02-2022, 06:29 PM
adeland
Intermediate

Freeze date was 10/20. We texted about the LEDs on 10/19 and the texted back saying that the order had been revised with the new spec. Then the freeze date got pushed to 10/25

At no point then or now could I see the actual build attached to my order on TYD. I’m just taking his word for it that it has been changed.
That's awesome and very hopeful. You should be able to see your build on TYD. On the main page with the map under "My Porsche 2023 718 Cayman GT4 - Order#" there is an arrow. If you click on the arrow it should reveal your configuration and all the options for the build.
Old 11-02-2022, 06:35 PM
IconRPM
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

That's awesome and very hopeful. You should be able to see your build on TYD. On the main page with the map under "My Porsche 2023 718 Cayman GT4 - Order#" there is an arrow. If you click on the arrow it should reveal your configuration and all the options for the build.
Hah TIL. Thank you

is the led option code 634? I recognize my build except for a line item that just says 634 and nothing else
The following users liked this post:
adeland (11-02-2022)
Old 11-02-2022, 06:35 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,341 Likes on 760 Posts

Unlucky for me my car finished production a good week before they announced the change. I actually would have totally added this option for 1600$. it was hard for me to justify PDLS+ as it was over 2000$ option and also hard to justify PDLS as its 1500$ for black housing. But for only 100$ more to get the 4 point LED lights? Man, oh well.
Old 11-02-2022, 06:43 PM
adeland
Intermediate

Hah TIL. Thank you

is the led option code 634? I recognize my build except for a line item that just says 634 and nothing else
Yes it is exactly! Looks like we're in luck too. I just checked our build on TYD and 634 shows up for us. Phew. SA came through for us.
What are your production and delivery dates? It seems like our cars will have similar timelines.
Old 11-02-2022, 06:55 PM
IconRPM
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Yes it is exactly! Looks like we're in luck too. I just checked our build on TYD and 634 shows up for us. Phew. SA came through for us.
What are your production and delivery dates? It seems like our cars will have similar timelines.
11/25 and 12/23
Old 11-07-2022, 09:34 PM
watchman
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My spyder was delivered last week

PDLS LED lights swapped in for my LED PDLS+. Yes they have chrome around the bulb

Hi guys, first time poster. I got the call last week to tell me my Spyder was ready for delivery. Was surprised to learn about this headlight issue for the first time when the car was already in the dealer lot.
For those wondering, my PDLS+ LEDs were swapped for the PDLS LED lights. And yes the housing around the bulb is chrome.

I'm pretty disappointed with my first world problem. Its the only chrome piece on the entire car.
Old 11-07-2022, 09:38 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,246 Likes on 1,140 Posts

Originally Posted by watchman

PDLS LED lights swapped in for my LED PDLS+. Yes they have chrome around the bulb

Hi guys, first time poster. I got the call last week to tell me my Spyder was ready for delivery. Was surprised to learn about this headlight issue for the first time when the car was already in the dealer lot.
For those wondering, my PDLS+ LEDs were swapped for the PDLS LED lights. And yes the housing around the bulb is chrome.

I'm pretty disappointed with my first world problem. Its the only chrome piece on the entire car.
Those don’t look like PDLS lights to me.
Old 11-07-2022, 09:38 PM
FazedChicken
Banned

Received 159 Likes on 120 Posts

Are you sure that's LED PDLS? That looks like the base headlight. I didn't think they'd use the round housing for the LED light since it's designed with xenon in mind.

Even the configurator now shows the usual looking LED design just without the camera at the rear view mirror.
The following users liked this post:
raymort (11-07-2022)
Old 11-07-2022, 09:43 PM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 916 Likes on 366 Posts

Those look like standard Bi-xenons. What does your sticker say?
Old 11-07-2022, 09:44 PM
watchman
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are correct. My dealer informed me I would receive the LED lights, but in the Track your Dream build I do not have any light options listed.
It is the base light.
I am one of the unlucky ones.

Quick Reply: PDLS+ Availability Discussion