Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

PIWIS 3 Coding Retrofit and Feature Request

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2022, 08:48 PM
LDubz735
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

TWO QUESTIONS!

1. I tried these settings, and can connect to the car's wi-fi (2.4 GHz) BUT the track precision doesn't seem to be able to connect to the app. FWIW, I never specced the original NAV option.

2. Also, I activated Android Auto, but after changing these settings in PIWIS, the Apps Icon is now present and when I try to connect my phone via USB, it tries to connect to the PCM instead of activating AA - anyone have any idea how to revert this?
Old 07-27-2022, 08:50 PM
LDubz735
Advanced

Apologies for the double post, meant to quote this:

TWO QUESTIONS!

1. I tried these settings, and can connect to the car's wi-fi (2.4 GHz) BUT the track precision doesn't seem to be able to connect to the app. FWIW, I never specced the original NAV option.

2. Also, I activated Android Auto, but after changing these settings in PIWIS, the Apps Icon is now present and when I try to connect my phone via USB, it tries to connect to the PCM instead of activating AA - anyone have any idea how to revert this?

Originally Posted by 718socal
Those settings worked for me

The following users liked this post:
JUN6817 (06-07-2023)
Old 07-27-2022, 10:38 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Received 417 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by LDubz735
Apologies for the double post, meant to quote this:

TWO QUESTIONS!

1. Once you've connected to the car Wi-Fi, start the TPA from your phone. The BT will need to be turn on too.

You can also use Carplay or AA to start the TPA on your PCM.

2. How did you activate AA? Did you use PIWIS or MIB AIO? The App icon is for the PCM Services which you can see from My Porsche App.

Does AA start without being connected to the car Wi-Fi?

Old 07-28-2022, 10:00 AM
LDubz735
Advanced

See bolded responses below.

1. Once you've connected to the car Wi-Fi, start the TPA from your phone. The BT will need to be turn on too.
You can also use Carplay or AA to start the TPA on your PCM.

I tried again with Wi-Fi and BT activated, and although I can connect to the vehicle's WLAN, the app can't seem to connect (the blue icon just continually spins). FWIW, this happens whether or not the glove compartment USB is connected.

2. How did you activate AA? Did you use PIWIS or MIB AIO? The App icon is for the PCM Services which you can see from My Porsche App. Does AA start without being connected to the car Wi-Fi?

I activated AA with Sima. FWIW, I never specced or activated Carplay.

Currently, when I connect on the the apps icon, I just get a screen that tells me to connect the PCM Connect App (it looks like it's call My Porsche now). I loaded My Porsche and logged in, but wouldn't let me proceed without entering my address and other biographical information, which I haven't done bc I was in a rush this morning. Without doing this, it wouldn't allow me to register my car on the app. I'll get around to completing the My Porsche stuff later to see if it makes a difference.

Old 07-28-2022, 12:29 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

See bolded responses below.
Do you have the latest version of TPA loaded? The TPA should work with or without being connected to the USB. I don't have AA so I can't help you. You have to finish the registration on the My Porsche app, in order to see your vehicle there.
Old 08-08-2022, 07:47 PM
LDubz735
Advanced

Well, I was able to re-activate my AA icon w/ the MIB AIO method, but still can't connect to the PTPA (yeah, I know they're not related, but I was hoping some idiosyncratic relationship might reverse things for me).
Old 08-08-2022, 08:08 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Well, I was able to re-activate my AA icon w/ the MIB AIO method, but still can't connect to the PTPA (yeah, I know they're not related, but I was hoping some idiosyncratic relationship might reverse things for me).
If you used AIO, your WLAN Hotspot should be enabled too. Go to your phone and connect to the WLAN Hotspot and car BT. After that start TPA
Old 08-08-2022, 08:17 PM
AtoB
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 66 Posts

Reverse mirror tilt I miss on my spyder.. Ihad it on my 981 and it saved my bacon many times. the reverse camera is nice, but seems silly its missing on my spyder. so after combing through all this... it sounds like its not a possibility for cars with. the bucket memory seats. ​​​​​​​
Old 08-08-2022, 08:27 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AtoB
Reverse mirror tilt I miss on my spyder.. Ihad it on my 981 and it saved my bacon many times. the reverse camera is nice, but seems silly its missing on my spyder. so after combing through all this... it sounds like its not a possibility for cars with. the bucket memory seats.
I have not tried to look at the coding for seat with memory module. There are some settings for the Mirror tilt in the door modules but haven't looked at the memory modules. PM me
The following users liked this post:
AtoB (08-08-2022)
Old 08-08-2022, 11:29 PM
AtoB
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 66 Posts

I have not tried to look at the coding for seat with memory module. There are some settings for the Mirror tilt in the door modules but haven't looked at the memory modules. PM me
you have done an amazing amount of research!n great ti read..thank you!
The following 2 users liked this post by AtoB:
718socal (08-09-2022), Larry Cable (01-29-2023)
Old 08-12-2022, 09:01 AM
LDubz735
Advanced

If you used AIO, your WLAN Hotspot should be enabled too. Go to your phone and connect to the WLAN Hotspot and car BT. After that start TPA
Happy to say I finally made it work!

Because I had Sima activate my AA initially, it altered the the initial firmware, and somehow this interfered with the Track App connecting via wifi (which I initially activated through PIWIS).

I then ran MIB AIO but missed some crucial files and steps, but after downloading the proper patch files AND running the "Fix SVM Error" protocol, everything works as should be!
Old 08-12-2022, 09:43 AM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,798 Likes on 875 Posts

This thread looked exciting so I went to see how much a PIWIS system costs and it looks like $10-$14k. Is there a better place you guys are getting them from?
Old 08-12-2022, 09:49 AM
Z06jerry
Pro

Received 352 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by MaddMike
This thread looked exciting so I went to see how much a PIWIS system costs and it looks like $10-$14k. Is there a better place you guys are getting them from?
deleted ... clicked on wrong reply

Last edited by Z06jerry; 08-12-2022 at 09:53 AM.
Old 08-12-2022, 09:51 AM
Z06jerry
Pro

Received 352 Likes on 194 Posts

Because I had Sima activate my AA initially, it altered the the initial firmware, and somehow this interfered with the Track App connecting via wifi (which I initially activated through PIWIS).

I then ran MIB AIO but missed some crucial files and steps, but after downloading the proper patch files AND running the "Fix SVM Error" protocol, everything works as should be!

Good to know you finally got it working. We successfully used MIB AIO on my '22 GTS and my buddies '19 Cayman S and had no problem connecting PTPA. My buddy tracks regularly and is looking forward to using it soon. Glad to hear you got yours sorted too.
Old 08-12-2022, 03:55 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MaddMike

It's good to know. Thank you giving us an update. 👍
@MadMike PM'ed you

Last edited by 718socal; 08-12-2022 at 03:56 PM.

Quick Reply: PIWIS 3 Coding Retrofit and Feature Request