Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official Arctic Grey Color Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2023, 11:28 AM
sonicworld
Pro

Received 196 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by vtplm
I was in the same position. I was set on SB but found out my allocation was for a 23 model. I bought mine without seeing a full car in person, just a swatch from the dealership that I got to carry around. My biggest fear at the time was how flat the color was but now that I have it, I don't think the color wouldn't look nearly as nice if it weren't flat. Never have I thought the color was drab.
Added a picture because well, it's a car color thread.
I actually prefer sports cars without metallic paint. Probably nostalgia due to all those vintage car shows my dad use to bring me too where all the cars had beautiful non-metallic paint and looked gorgeous.
Old 01-30-2023, 03:31 PM
1985Targa
Advanced

Received 116 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFrancisco
Same here, Shogunade: 992 GTS Cab on schedule for April (for now). Final open question: Cabriolet Roof in Black with Double Stripes in Grey or without Stripes?

Currently, I am on the „with stripes“ path …

If you‘re interested:
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PPRE9Z17 (German delivery).

You?
I added black “bits” where i could to the exterior as i love the touches of contrast on Arctic Grey. You can see i added CF mirrors for the black and they look great. Also i dropped the “GTS” side stickers and added the PORSCHE sticker for more Black.

I don’t think you would do both the Porsche logo sticker and the stripes? I have seen a single stripe for the hood that I like a bit better than the double stripe… That said, if you’re double striping the top you obviously need to maintain that.

my interior is black, leather with red stitching throughout, red belts and red dials.

It was a Xmas eve day delivery and OMG WHAT A AMAZING AND BEAST of a car (and I’m still gentle on it w break in). BTW I did add rear axle steering, and love it at high speeds, feeling it, carve the turns.
2023 911 C4 GTS

The following 3 users liked this post by 1985Targa:
manifold danger (01-30-2023), SamFrancisco (01-31-2023), Vicbastige (02-08-2023)
Old 01-30-2023, 03:45 PM
gmorat
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 89 Posts

The following 2 users liked this post by gmorat:
easter (03-06-2023), pfbz (01-30-2023)
Old 01-30-2023, 04:55 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,135 Likes on 640 Posts

Originally Posted by 1985Targa
I added black “bits” where i could to the exterior as i love the touches of contrast on Arctic Grey. You can see i added CF mirrors for the black and they look great. Also i dropped the “GTS” side stickers and added the PORSCHE sticker for more Black.

I don’t think you would do both the Porsche logo sticker and the stripes? I have seen a single stripe for the hood that I like a bit better than the double stripe… That said, if you’re double striping the top you obviously need to maintain that.

my interior is black, leather with red stitching throughout, red belts and red dials.

It was a Xmas eve day delivery and OMG WHAT A AMAZING AND BEAST of a car (and I’m still gentle on it w break in). BTW I did add rear axle steering, and love it at high speeds, feeling it, carve the turns.
2023 911 C4 GTS

These pics actually do a great job of showing how grey it can look and how blue it can look in certain lighting.

Very nice car!
The following users liked this post:
1985Targa (01-30-2023)
Old 01-30-2023, 05:37 PM
vtplm
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 44 Posts

I completely share the same sentiments about the black bits, hence the black wrapped mirror and side scoops. I didn't go CF because I didn't want to look like I was trying too hard to look like a 4rs. I heavily considered wrapping the whole wing black as well but felt like sometimes it disappeared into the background in some pictures. I may end up doing some wing ends vinyls with "4.0" cutout.
The following 2 users liked this post by vtplm:
1985Targa (01-30-2023), docwGT3RS (02-11-2023)
Old 02-03-2023, 11:15 PM
Knutsm01
Rennlist Member

Received 179 Likes on 95 Posts

Here’s a pic I snapped today which has some different lighting - the color really varies depending on lighting.

The following 6 users liked this post by Knutsm01:
alexlude (02-04-2023), BlazinPond (02-03-2023), dub (02-08-2023), jaeggernaut (02-03-2023), pfbz (02-03-2023), vtplm (02-03-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-08-2023, 07:40 AM
sbac0n
6th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Almost.... 23 days away. Watching as 'my ship comes in'. This will be my third Porsche and 2nd 718 BGTS. Also have a 2021 Macan GTS in chalk. 'Track my Dream' says dealer arrival is 3/3/2023. Which is exactly, to the day, my 20th work anniversary. When I placed the order long ago it never occurred to me this might be a 'nice work keeping a job and growing your career for 20 years' event Now, it's perfect timing and a fun way to celebrate life and success.

Buying a Porsche is interesting. The beauty of the car, the history, the performance, the endless combinations in the configurator of doom and, for many, the rationalization process on why is this car 2-3x more than other new cars that also go from point A to point B. My advice to anyone looking to make a purchase decision would be buy what makes YOU happy. If you are going to spend your money and get a car that is 'mostly' what you want, buy a used Porsche, buy a new 'something not a Porsche' or don't buy at all and buy a S&P index fund!

Ah, so you are brave enough to plod ahead and still plan to buy a new Porsche? GREAT! Now, damnit, get exactly the car you want, exactly the car you'll love, exactly the car you'll get into every day and say 'wow, yes, this is my car, this car was configured by me, for me (and it might be the only one in the world exactly this way... the 1 of 1 possibility of your exact spec is a sexy thought!). It was built for me to have fun, to make memories, to tell stories, to share with loved ones. If you are buying a new Porsche, get the options you want even if others think they are ridiculous. Spend $ just to change the color of the stitching, go for it. It is ridiculous, yes! Spend $ to upgrade to Burmester because you want to blast tunes over the wind/cabin/engine noise from time to time on the freeway, absolutely! It is a good value, questionable indeed! Spend $ on the navigation system even though Apple Car play is standard, why not! It is needed, rarely, but ah, to push the 'NAV' button and it do something... joy!! The list goes on and on. Get the car for you, by you, that you will love the day it arrives and for years to come. Please, do what you can to avoid the 'ah, shoot, looking back on my spec, I wish I had checked those last two boxes'. I get it, these cars are expensive. If you have a choice to get a car today or THE car tomorrow, wait, don't settle... now go drive, have fun, and live well! Enjoy!
==

Porsche Code

Cool they send you pictures of your actual car!

She looks fast

Last edited by Bob Z.; 02-10-2023 at 04:31 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by sbac0n:
BlazinPond (02-08-2023), Vicbastige (02-08-2023)
Old 02-09-2023, 04:10 PM
ShaknBak
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sbac0n
Almost.... 23 days away. Watching as 'my ship comes in'. This will be my third Porsche and 2nd 718 BGTS. Also have a 2021 Macan GTS in chalk. 'Track my Dream' says dealer arrival is 3/3/2023. Which is exactly, to the day, my 20th work anniversary. When I placed the order long ago it never occurred to me this might be a 'nice work keeping a job and growing your career for 20 years' event Now, it's perfect timing and a fun way to celebrate life and success.

Buying a Porsche is interesting. The beauty of the car, the history, the performance, the endless combinations in the configurator of doom and, for many, the rationalization process on why is this car 2-3x more than other new cars that also go from point A to point B. My advice to anyone looking on making a purchase decision would be buy what makes YOU happy. If you are going to spend your money and get a car that is 'mostly' what you want, buy a used Porsche, buy a new 'something not a Porsche' or don't buy at all and buy an S&P index fund!

Ah, so you are brave enough to plod ahead and still plan to buy a new Porsche? GREAT! Now, damnit, get exactly the car you want. Exactly the car you'll love. Exactly the car you'll get into every day and say 'wow, yes, this is my car, this car was configured by me, for me (and it might be the only one in the world exactly this way... the 1 of 1 possibility of your exact spec is a sexy thought!). It was built for me have fun, to make memories, to tell stories, to share with loved ones'. If you are buying a new Porsche, get the options you want even if others think they are ridiculous. Spend $ just to change the color of the stitching, go for it. It is ridiculous, yes! Spend $ to upgrade to Burmester because you want to blast tunes over the wind/cabin/engine noise from time to time on the freeway, absolutely! It is a good value, questionable indeed! Spend $ on the navigation system even though Apple Car play is standard, why not! It is needed, rarely, but ah, to push the 'NAV' button and it actually do something... joy!! The list goes on and on. Get the car for you, by you, that you will love the day it arrives and for years to come. Please, do what you can to avoid the 'ah, shoot, looking back on my spec, I wish I had checked those last two boxes'. I get it, these cars are expensive. If you have a choice to get a car today or THE car tomorrow, wait, don't settle... now go drive, have fun and live well! Enjoy!

==

Porsche Code

Cool they send you pictures of your actual car!

She looks fast
Did your production photos come through TYD or email? None for me even though car is at Emden already…
Old 02-09-2023, 05:19 PM
sbac0n
6th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Neither. You want to find it in 'discover current phase'. 3 = your vehicle has been produced, and there are photos.
Old 03-02-2023, 03:47 PM
gmorat
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 89 Posts

Cayman in Arctic Grey, 991.2 GTS 911 in Chalk, 992 C4S Convertible in Gentian Blue and an R8 in what I think is Kemora Grey.

Old 03-02-2023, 04:07 PM
FlatSiix
Instructor

Received 180 Likes on 50 Posts

Not a 718 but final production photo of my Arctic Grey 992 GTS which is traveling across the pond as I type.

The following users liked this post:
manifold danger (03-02-2023)
Old 03-02-2023, 04:46 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,018 Posts

Originally Posted by FlatSiix
Not a 718 but final production photo of my Arctic Grey 992 GTS which is traveling across the pond as I type. 
With her shipmate:
The following 2 users liked this post by Shogunade:
FlatSiix (03-02-2023), manifold danger (03-02-2023)
Old 03-02-2023, 06:02 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,135 Likes on 640 Posts

Originally Posted by Shogunade
With her shipmate:
Nice!!! Wow, that seems super fast, didn't you just lock right after we met up?

Looks amazing.
Old 03-02-2023, 06:08 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,018 Posts

Originally Posted by manifold danger
Nice!!! Wow, that seems super fast, didn't you just lock right after we met up? Looks amazing.
​​​​​​​Thanks! Yup. Went through the process super fast. New ETA at dealership is 3/16.
Old 03-02-2023, 11:18 PM
addy616
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 8 Posts

In the sunlight.

The following 4 users liked this post by addy616:
dub (03-02-2023), FlatSiix (03-03-2023), UncleDude (03-03-2023), vtplm (03-02-2023)

Quick Reply: The Official Arctic Grey Color Thread