Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official Arctic Grey Color Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2023, 08:23 AM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,019 Posts

Originally Posted by 069974sgrl
Introducing my ‘23 Arctic Gray & Bordeaux 718 Spyder.

I ordered the car almost exactly one year prior to pick up at MSRP + Porsche Design Timepiece.

The car has very few options and is sporting a manual transmission.

Modifications include:

- Classicfx Pepita seat inserts
- EdGuard LWBS bolster protectors
- Soul OAP race exhaust with resonator
- Clear side indicator

Additional Planned modifications include:

- Wood shift ****
- Sound symposium delete
- BMC high flow air filters
​​​​​​- Carbon Fiber interior trim
- Soul seat adjustment
- ECU tune
- PPF

* Apologies for the poor quality images

The Bordeaux and pepita looks great with the Arctic. Nice choices!
Old 01-19-2023, 09:14 AM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,136 Likes on 641 Posts

Honda's Sonic Grey Pearl is actually not too far off Arctic Grey. I've seen the color a ton in person and it really is pretty close.

FWIW, I'm not sure the CRV posted earlier is Sonic Gray Pearl. Possibly; I rounded up a few more pictures and the color does seem to veer more light blue than Arctic Grey does in certain lighting- almost as light as chalk in some pics- and it's more rare to catch it looking closer to the pure flat grey of something like Nardo or China Grey, which Arctic Grey can do occasionally. This is the color here, on IMO Honda's best-looking car in decades (FL5 CTR).

Also important to note- if you're looking for something like Nardo or China Grey, it's probably best you avoid Arctic Grey. If you don't actively like the blue tinge, then you probably won't like the color.

Then again chalk won't necessarily do it for you either, if that's the look you're going for. You're going to need to PTS China, Fashion, or Slate Grey probably.

Last edited by manifold danger; 01-19-2023 at 09:24 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by manifold danger:
alexlude (02-04-2023), Clark_Kent (05-01-2023), lilbza (01-19-2023)
Old 01-19-2023, 06:18 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by manifold danger
Honda's Sonic Grey Pearl is actually not too far off Arctic Grey. I've seen the color a ton in person and it really is pretty close.

FWIW, I'm not sure the CRV posted earlier is Sonic Gray Pearl. Possibly; I rounded up a few more pictures and the color does seem to veer more light blue than Arctic Grey does in certain lighting- almost as light as chalk in some pics- and it's more rare to catch it looking closer to the pure flat grey of something like Nardo or China Grey, which Arctic Grey can do occasionally. This is the color here, on IMO Honda's best-looking car in decades (FL5 CTR).

Also important to note- if you're looking for something like Nardo or China Grey, it's probably best you avoid Arctic Grey. If you don't actively like the blue tinge, then you probably won't like the color.

Then again chalk won't necessarily do it for you either, if that's the look you're going for. You're going to need to PTS China, Fashion, or Slate Grey probably.
Really great info for me to absorb. Thanks. I found an Arctic grey Cayenne not TOO far away. Gonna go take a look at it in person this wknd.

EDIT: Apologies for beating this to death, but I was on IG and none of the pics came out looking bluish to me. I'm gonna see it in person, but just one question: How often does Arctic look like the pic below?

Last edited by Shogunade; 01-19-2023 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-19-2023, 09:30 PM
Gus22
Instructor

Received 136 Likes on 65 Posts

That Cayenne pic is fairly accurate. The first 2 pics I posted the other day of my tts outside are probably the most accurate to how it looks to me in person. It always appears to have a blue hue. Even more pronounced blue in sunlight and fluorescent lighting.
Old 01-19-2023, 11:14 PM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,136 Likes on 641 Posts

Originally Posted by Shogunade
Really great info for me to absorb. Thanks. I found an Arctic grey Cayenne not TOO far away. Gonna go take a look at it in person this wknd.

EDIT: Apologies for beating this to death, but I was on IG and none of the pics came out looking bluish to me. I'm gonna see it in person, but just one question: How often does Arctic look like the pic below?

It is not difficult to duplicate the look in that pic. Basically looks like it's just heavy shade on an otherwise sunny day, and while I haven't had the car during the summer yet, I'd say that fits. I guess I'd say it's rare for it to look that dark though.

I see your profile says you're in the mid atlantic; as am I. If you happen to be somewhere in/near Maryland, I could probably be convinced to meet you somewhere. I was looking to do some driving this weekend anyway.
Old 01-19-2023, 11:20 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by manifold danger
It is not difficult to duplicate the look in that pic. Basically looks like it's just heavy shade on an otherwise sunny day, and while I haven't had the car during the summer yet, I'd say that fits. I guess I'd say it's rare for it to look that dark though.

I see your profile says you're in the mid atlantic; as am I. If you happen to be somewhere in/near Maryland, I could probably be convinced to meet you somewhere. I was looking to do some driving this weekend anyway.
That would be awesome! I'll DM you. Thanks.
Old 01-20-2023, 04:14 PM
mslam02
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 68 Posts

New Drywall in the garage (so ignore the floor ), New wall art, and new clear markers!

The following 2 users liked this post by mslam02:
UncleDude (01-21-2023), X2Board (01-21-2023)
Old 01-21-2023, 02:16 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

I just wanted to follow up for those who are in the same boat as me. Big shout out to @manifold danger who was kind enough to let me check out his car. Cool dude.

Arctic is an extraordinary color and you just have to see it in person. Even the most articulate person will not be able to describe it. I saw pictures on my phone and PC, and how wildly varied each picture depicts the color, and now I can see how all those different shades are true. That's how wild the spectrum of this color is. Simply, it's grey-blue. I can see it being sometimes bluer, sometimes greyer, sometimes lighter, sometimes darker.

When I got back, I saw a nardo grey s5 I think, and it was just grey. Completely different than Arctic.

My car locks tomorrow. It'll be Arctic Grey.
The following 7 users liked this post by Shogunade:
1985Targa (01-30-2023), dub (01-22-2023), FlatSiix (01-24-2023), manifold danger (01-21-2023), SamFrancisco (01-21-2023), UncleDude (01-21-2023), vtplm (01-21-2023) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-22-2023, 05:19 PM
gmorat
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 89 Posts

Old 01-22-2023, 06:44 PM
SamFrancisco
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I just wanted to follow up for those who are in the same boat as me. Big shout out to @manifold danger who was kind enough to let me check out his car. Cool dude.

Arctic is an extraordinary color and you just have to see it in person. Even the most articulate person will not be able to describe it. I saw pictures on my phone and PC, and how wildly varied each picture depicts the color, and now I can see how all those different shades are true. That's how wild the spectrum of this color is. Simply, it's grey-blue. I can see it being sometimes bluer, sometimes greyer, sometimes lighter, sometimes darker.

When I got back, I saw a nardo grey s5 I think, and it was just grey. Completely different than Arctic.

My car locks tomorrow. It'll be Arctic Grey.
Thank you, Shogunade! I was torn between several colors for my 992 GTS, but thanks to you I am now decided: I go for Arctic Grey as well! My car locks early February. 🙏
Old 01-22-2023, 07:37 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SamFrancisco
Thank you, Shogunade! I was torn between several colors for my 992 GTS, but thanks to you I am now decided: I go for Arctic Grey as well! My car locks early February. 🙏
Nice! Mines a 992 GTS Cab. Hopefully it's on schedule for April.
The following users liked this post:
SamFrancisco (01-22-2023)
Old 01-22-2023, 08:13 PM
SamFrancisco
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Nice! Mines a 992 GTS Cab. Hopefully it's on schedule for April.
Same here, Shogunade: 992 GTS Cab on schedule for April (for now). Final open question: Cabriolet Roof in Black with Double Stripes in Grey or without Stripes?

Currently, I am on the „with stripes“ path …

If you‘re interested:
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PPRE9Z17 (German delivery).

You?
Old 01-26-2023, 12:28 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 431 Posts

You can check out our build thread for the JCR 718 GT4 v2.0 here

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
The following 3 users liked this post by JCR-Porsche:
dub (01-26-2023), jaeggernaut (01-28-2023), vtplm (01-26-2023)
Old 01-28-2023, 02:14 AM
jaeggernaut
7th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

i thought i just made my mind up on blue.. then i saw your pics from the build thread. 🤦‍♂️
the way the grey changes in light makes this really tough. when it looks good, it looks really good. when it doesn't, looks like drab flat grey.... 🤷‍♂️
and i don't know if it's my mind playing tricks on me now that I've seen sooooo many photos of each,.. but the blue is looking... dare i say it,.. dated. 🥸
Old 01-28-2023, 03:09 AM
vtplm
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 44 Posts

I was in the same position. I was set on SB but found out my allocation was for a 23 model. I bought mine without seeing a full car in person, just a swatch from the dealership that I got to carry around. My biggest fear at the time was how flat the color was but now that I have it, I don't think the color wouldn't look nearly as nice if it weren't flat. Never have I thought the color was drab.

Added a picture because well, it's a car color thread.
The following users liked this post:
IndigoInkTaco (01-28-2023)

Quick Reply: The Official Arctic Grey Color Thread