Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official Arctic Grey Color Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2022, 10:25 AM
IL_Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 1,114 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by RacingChris44
Totally agree. They took a gorgeous color and an amazing car and figured out how to mess it up. Is this a dealer spec or was it a customer car that is waiting to be picked up!?
​​​​​
My impression was that it was spec'ed by PCNA and given to the dealer as an extra car. I have seen over time that those types of cars sometimes have some fairly "adventurous" specs.
Old 12-05-2022, 10:57 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 725 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by IL_Pete
​​​​​
My impression was that it was spec'ed by PCNA and given to the dealer as an extra car. I have seen over time that those types of cars sometimes have some fairly "adventurous" specs.
This is just terrible though... The least they could have done is spec the wheels any standard options. Silver, Platinum, Black, any would have suited this car better than Arctic….

Arctic is a beautiful color for the body of the car. It has hues of blue so red for the top nor interior would not have been my choice, but can respect other views. But the wheels just kill the deal.
Old 12-06-2022, 01:42 PM
IL_Pete
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys, for the recent flurry of pics of non-RS Arctic Blue 718 cars here! With that, I have changed my new order of my GT4 Manual to Arctic Grey.

I was going to do Chalk, which I also really like on the GT4, but I have decided that I am going to do Arctic Grey instead. I feel like it is a little "fresher" of a Porsche Color, and it will be more rare on a GT4 - being available only 1 of 4 MY's versus 4 of 4 for Chalk.

For those looking for Pics and Videos of non-RS GT4's - here is a great video of one that I don't think has been posted here yet:

I find that the videos are very helpful, you can see more so the ways the shadows move as the angles change.

The following users liked this post:
dub (12-06-2022)
Old 12-06-2022, 02:18 PM
RacingChris44
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

​​​​​
It would be much cooler if Porsche would let "us" build the car spec in that case!
Old 12-06-2022, 02:29 PM
dub
Racer

Received 307 Likes on 136 Posts

Thanks guys, for the recent flurry of pics of non-RS Arctic Blue 718 cars here! With that, I have changed my new order of my GT4 Manual to Arctic Grey.

I was going to do Chalk, which I also really like on the GT4, but I have decided that I am going to do Arctic Grey instead. I feel like it is a little "fresher" of a Porsche Color, and it will be more rare on a GT4 - being available only 1 of 4 MY's versus 4 of 4 for Chalk.

For those looking for Pics and Videos of non-RS GT4's - here is a great video of one that I don't think has been posted here yet:

Arctic Grey GT4

I find that the videos are very helpful, you can see more so the ways the shadows move as the angles change.
You'll have a twinkie in Chicagoland!

IL_Pete (12-06-2022)
Old 12-06-2022, 05:41 PM
IL_Pete
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dub
You'll have a twinkie in Chicagoland!
Ha-ha! Good to know. Still, more rare than Chalk.

I am doing Black Wheels and Calipers, and Yellow Stitching and Seat Belts with the Anthracite Aluminum Trim.

What does your spec look like?
dub (12-06-2022)
Old 12-06-2022, 06:20 PM
dub
Racer

Ha-ha! Good to know. Still, more rare than Chalk.

I am doing Black Wheels and Calipers, and Yellow Stitching and Seat Belts with the Anthracite Aluminum Trim.

What does your spec look like?
I was originally PTS Gulf Orange, but they put the kibosh on that pretty quick...had to decide between Shark and Arctic. After seeing all the 4RS pics (as well as the same video you posted) I really fell hard for the AG!

Silver wheels, black calipers, Orange stitch, CF trim....will be doing the Gulf livery tartan seat inserts! Monochrome on the outside, party on the inside!
So not identical twinkies!
Old 12-06-2022, 10:49 PM
IL_Pete
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dub
I was originally PTS Gulf Orange, but they put the kibosh on that pretty quick...had to decide between Shark and Arctic. After seeing all the 4RS pics (as well as the same video you posted) I really fell hard for the AG!

Silver wheels, black calipers, Orange stitch, CF trim....will be doing the Gulf livery tartan seat inserts! Monochrome on the outside, party on the inside!
So not identical twinkies!
Wow, that sounds killer!! I have always liked the Orange Stitching. I have never seen it in person, but in pics here. I can see that going great with the Arctic Grey.

Hmm, my order doesn't freeze until February, something to think about... Ha-ha!
dub (12-06-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 12:29 PM
IL_Pete
Rennlist Member

Wow, that sounds killer!! I have always liked the Orange Stitching. I have never seen it in person, but in pics here. I can see that going great with the Arctic Grey.

Hmm, my order doesn't freeze until February, something to think about... Ha-ha!
@dub - Well, I woke up this morning with Orange Extended Deviated stitching on my mind.

I did some searching and came across this:

Chalk - Orange GT3

It looks great! I dig how the Orange Stitching ties in with the Orange in the Instrument Faces and Needles.

I hope you don't mind me copying your spec. Order change submitted and confirmed this morning. Twinkies indeed! LOL.

Thanks for the terrific idea! I feel like it is a bit more unique and special now, at this unfortunate time where we can't order PTS.
dub (12-07-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 01:33 PM
dub
Racer

@dub - Well, I woke up this morning with Orange Extended Deviated stitching on my mind.

I did some searching and came across this:

Chalk - Orange GT3

It looks great! I dig how the Orange Stitching ties in with the Orange in the Instrument Faces and Needles.

I hope you don't mind me copying your spec. Order change submitted and confirmed this morning. Twinkies indeed! LOL.

Thanks for the terrific idea! I feel like it is a bit more unique and special now, at this unfortunate time where we can't order PTS.
Haha! I love it! Happy to promote orange! My fave color since childhood. I think it will be awesome with the AG. Hell I may even stick some orange bits on the outside for sh#ts and giggles just to see how it looks!

But henceforth you have to refer to me as "My Inspiration"!! /s
Old 12-07-2022, 01:58 PM
IL_Pete
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dub
Haha! I love it! Happy to promote orange! My fave color since childhood. I think it will be awesome with the AG. Hell I may even stick some orange bits on the outside for sh#ts and giggles just to see how it looks!

But henceforth you have to refer to me as "My Inspiration"!! /s
Yes, that GT3 gave me the same thought with regards to doing some Orange accents on the exterior of the car to tie it all together.

Let's plan to get the two cars together for a comparison and photos next year!

My current delivery date in Apr 7, but I am certain that will push out, having been through this a few times in the past year with the madness of the supply chain shortages.
Old 12-07-2022, 02:17 PM
dub
Racer

Yes, that GT3 gave me the same thought with regards to doing some Orange accents on the exterior of the car to tie it all together.

Let's plan to get the two cars together for a comparison and photos next year!

My current delivery date in Apr 7, but I am certain that will push out, having been through this a few times in the past year with the madness of the supply chain shortages.
Production starts next week but doing European Delivery. Still waiting on a date!
Old 12-07-2022, 02:45 PM
IL_Pete
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dub
Production starts next week but doing European Delivery. Still waiting on a date!
Awesome with regards to the European Delivery! I have always wanted to do that over the years, it is on my Bucket List. Good luck with getting that confirmed.

Your delivery will certainly be before mine, I look forward to seeing pictures!
Old 12-07-2022, 04:09 PM
F1-DNA
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 44 Posts

Saw this posted on an FB group, AG next to GT Silver.

IL_Pete (12-07-2022)
Old 12-14-2022, 12:08 AM
vtplm
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 44 Posts

Did my first few mods to the car. I got full ppf with black ppf for scoops and vinyl mirror caps, and of course clear side markers.

Last edited by vtplm; 12-14-2022 at 12:09 AM.
The following 11 users liked this post by vtplm:
1985Targa (12-14-2022), alexlude (12-14-2022), dub (12-19-2022), IL_Pete (12-14-2022), JBM718GTS (12-18-2022), Jlp429 (12-18-2022), josephr25 (12-18-2022), lilbza (12-14-2022), RxVol (12-19-2022), s_earl1 (12-22-2022), UncleDude (12-14-2022) and 6 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: The Official Arctic Grey Color Thread