Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

The Official Arctic Grey Color Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2022, 07:41 PM
lilbza
Pro

Received 548 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
Outstanding pics but NEED MORE of the RS's please...lol
Google image search is your friend, nearly every pic of arctic grey is a GT4RS.

I wish there was more GT4 pics, but outside in different lighting. I submitted my final build to my SA last week, and have chosen Shark Blue after much deliberation, but some of these arctic grey pics got me second guessing myself. I haven't reached lock date yet, but I'm nervous about messing with my build, especially with the carbon buckets stop sale.
Old 12-03-2022, 08:21 PM
IL_Pete
Rennlist Member

Received 1,114 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by lilbza
I wish there was more GT4 pics, but outside in different lighting. I submitted my final build to my SA last week, and have chosen Shark Blue after much deliberation, but some of these arctic grey pics got me second guessing myself. I haven't reached lock date yet, but I'm nervous about messing with my build, especially with the carbon buckets stop sale.
I am in the same boat! I just ordered a "regular" GT4 last week (in a Manual, my existing one is a PDK). I spec'ed Guards Red, but I am thinking of changing it to Chalk or Arctic Grey. Arctic Grey is growing on me. I did see it in person last week on a Boxster GTS 4.0, and it had more Blue in it than I thought it would. Not that that's a showstopper or anything. Also it has a Bordeaux Red Top, which was not a good combination. That didn't help.
Old 12-03-2022, 08:28 PM
lilbza
Pro

Originally Posted by IL_Pete
I am in the same boat! I just ordered a "regular" GT4 last week (in a Manual, my existing one is a PDK). I spec'ed Guards Red, but I am thinking of changing it to Chalk or Arctic Grey. Arctic Grey is growing on me. I did see it in person last week on a Boxster GTS 4.0, and it had more Blue in it than I thought it would. Not that that's a showstopper or anything. Also it has a Bordeaux Red Top, which was not a good combination. That didn't help.
Chalk was actually the other colour I was originally deliberating over with Shark blue, before Arctic Grey became an option. I keep telling myself myself it's a GT car, make it loud/fun, so that's how I landed on Shark Blue over Chalk....though I still turn my head whenever I see a Chalk Porsche of any model.

Some photos/videos of Arctic look great, then others I see I really don't like. I suspect the problem is more about how phone cameras are processing the photos though. I wish I could a GT4/RS in Arctic in person. The risk of ordering it and being unhappy with the colour keeps turning me back to Shark blue.

Old 12-03-2022, 08:44 PM
IL_Pete
Rennlist Member

Chalk was actually the other colour I was originally deliberating over with Shark blue, before Arctic Grey became an option. I keep telling myself myself it's a GT car, make it loud/fun, so that's how I landed on Shark Blue over Chalk....though I still turn my head whenever I see a Chalk Porsche of any model.

Some photos/videos of Arctic look great, then others I see I really don't like. I suspect the problem is more about how phone cameras are processing the photos though. I wish I could a GT4/RS in Arctic in person. The risk of ordering it and being unhappy with the colour keeps turning me back to Shark blue.
Here are 5 different pics of the Boxster I saw, at some good differentiated angles to show how it changes in direct sunlight and in the shadows.

To your point about the cell phone cameras - I agree. I remember it being a little more Blue in real life than it seems in these pictures.

Again, I don't think this is the best example, the red top and calipers do not match well with the body color for my tastes, and the wheels painted to match is a little much. I think a GT4 with just the Arctic Grey and Black or Platinum Wheels would look pretty good.
Old 12-03-2022, 08:56 PM
lilbza
Pro

Here are 5 different pics of the Boxster I saw, at some good differentiated angles to show how it changes in direct sunlight and in the shadows.

To your point about the cell phone cameras - I agree. I remember it being a little more Blue in real life than it seems in these pictures.

Again, I don't think this is the best example, the red top and calipers do not match well with the body color for my tastes, and the wheels painted to match is a little much. I think a GT4 with just the Arctic Grey and Black or Platinum Wheels would look pretty good.
Yeah see in those pics in the shade, the colour looks great. The direct sunlight looks too much like primer that's had a coat of clear over it....again it could just be the way the phone has processed them.

​​​​​​Agree with the red. If I went Arctic, this would have been my spec.

Old 12-03-2022, 09:05 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,390 Likes on 2,208 Posts

Good lord, the Porsche folks must shake their head at some of these specs.
The following 3 users liked this post by UncleDude:
IL_Pete (12-03-2022), manifold danger (12-04-2022), Randy_B (12-19-2022)
Old 12-03-2022, 09:29 PM
vtplm
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 44 Posts

Booty pic. I'll try to get some pics in direct sunlight when I get the car back from the detailers.

i was too excited day of delivery to take many more pics.
The following 4 users liked this post by vtplm:
dub (12-04-2022), lilbza (12-03-2022), manifold danger (12-04-2022), UncleDude (12-03-2022)
Old 12-03-2022, 09:35 PM
lilbza
Pro

Originally Posted by vtplm
Booty pic. I'll try to get some pics in direct sunlight when I get the car back from the detailers.

i was too excited day of delivery to take many more pics.
Awesome, congrats! Looking forward to seeing some more pics. Did you go black or red calipers?
Old 12-03-2022, 10:57 PM
IL_Pete
Rennlist Member

Yeah see in those pics in the shade, the colour looks great. The direct sunlight looks too much like primer that's had a coat of clear over it....again it could just be the way the phone has processed them.

​​​​​​Agree with the red. If I went Arctic, this would have been my spec.

Yes, me too. Black Wheels and Black Calipers. My last three Porsches were that combination, I love that, a super clean look!

I would do that for any of my 3 shortlist candidates, Guards Red, Chalk or Arctic Grey...
Old 12-04-2022, 03:00 AM
vtplm
Instructor

Received 91 Likes on 44 Posts

Awesome, congrats! Looking forward to seeing some more pics. Did you go black or red calipers?
I got red calipers only because I got shark blue seat belts and will eventually get my calipers to match, otherwise I'd spec black.

The following 2 users liked this post by vtplm:
dub (12-04-2022), lilbza (12-04-2022)
Old 12-04-2022, 07:36 AM
manifold danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,138 Likes on 641 Posts

Originally Posted by vtplm
I got red calipers only because I got shark blue seat belts and will eventually get my calipers to match, otherwise I'd spec black.
Red calipers look fantastic. The red top on that Boxster, especially WITH the red calipers (in a different shade), is too much IMO but to each their own.

Monochromatic has its value so it's not like I dislike the black calipers. But a little color is ok. The shark blue will look great too.
Old 12-04-2022, 04:49 PM
mslam02
Rennlist Member

Received 181 Likes on 68 Posts

Some quick and dirty sunlight pics.

The following 4 users liked this post by mslam02:
c1pher (12-07-2022), lilbza (12-04-2022), UncleDude (12-04-2022), Westcoast (12-04-2022)
Old 12-04-2022, 05:23 PM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Received 692 Likes on 298 Posts

what a waste of an allocation that spec is... ewww
The following users liked this post:
RacingChris44 (12-04-2022)
Old 12-04-2022, 06:59 PM
RacingChris44
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by smegman
Totally agree. They took a gorgeous color and an amazing car and figured out how to mess it up. Is this a dealer spec or was it a customer car that is waiting to be picked up!?
Old 12-04-2022, 08:42 PM
dub
Racer

Received 307 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by smegman
Right? I mean...all they had to do was put a grey top on it, grey interior, and BAM!

Quick Reply: The Official Arctic Grey Color Thread