Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2021, 06:46 PM
Mdiesel64
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

Was told today by my dealer (2nd on the list for the 4RS, no official allocations just yet) that they are likely going with an ADM of between 40-50k

Really wanted a manual 992 GT3 originally, but with those at astronomical prices as of now, this seems like the better choice..

How do you think production will stack up against one another? Will this be something that i could eventually "trade" to get into a 992 GT3?

Last edited by Mdiesel64; 12-27-2021 at 06:49 PM.
Old 12-28-2021, 04:08 AM
Odin
Racer

Received 474 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Mdiesel64
Was told today by my dealer (2nd on the list for the 4RS, no official allocations just yet) that they are likely going with an ADM of between 40-50k

Really wanted a manual 992 GT3 originally, but with those at astronomical prices as of now, this seems like the better choice..

How do you think production will stack up against one another? Will this be something that i could eventually "trade" to get into a 992 GT3?
I’m sorry but what do you put into the term ADM? Handling/shipping fees etc?

I believe there will be produced a lot more GT3’s/GT3RS’s than GT4RS’s. Probably won’t be produced more than 1-1,5yrs of production.

Old 12-28-2021, 07:55 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,476 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by Mdiesel64

IMO.....While the GT3 is superior (and more $$$$) the GT4RS will be more special than a 992 GT3. I think you will be able to use it towards a trade into a 992 GT3, of course that's if your dealer gets enough allocations.
I don't have the ADM problem but wonder how those dealers handle the ADM excess when you trade in, as this is an adjusted value in the mind of that specific dealer not the real value of the car....my guess is that you will have to use the same dealer you buy from or go private sale?
Old 12-28-2021, 10:19 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,364 Likes on 831 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
IMO.....While the GT3 is superior (and more $$$$) the GT4RS will be more special than a 992 GT3. I think you will be able to use it towards a trade into a 992 GT3, of course that's if your dealer gets enough allocations.
I don't have the ADM problem but wonder how those dealers handle the ADM excess when you trade in, as this is an adjusted value in the mind of that specific dealer not the real value of the car....my guess is that you will have to use the same dealer you buy from or go private sale?
Dealers offering ADM on trade-in?
The following users liked this post:
joejenie (12-29-2021)
Old 12-28-2021, 10:24 AM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ExMB
Exactly!
i doubt very much they will take into consideration any excess paid over msrp so that becomes an automatic loss.....unless the market stays healthy and you do a private sale....but anyone paying ADM should be ready to flush it.
RolloGigolo (12-28-2021)
Old 12-28-2021, 11:16 AM
Scrappy1972
Burning Brakes

Received 712 Likes on 334 Posts

Approximately half as many GT4 RS’s will be built as 992.1 GT3’s.
Diablo Dude (12-28-2021)
Old 12-28-2021, 01:56 PM
Mdiesel64
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Odin
I’m sorry but what do you put into the term ADM? Handling/shipping fees etc?

I believe there will be produced a lot more GT3’s/GT3RS’s than GT4RS’s. Probably won’t be produced more than 1-1,5yrs of production.
Not really sure, this would be my first car with a markup like this so i'm assuming it's a flat fee as a line item in the sale with all other numbers including delivery accounted for somewhere else.
Old 12-28-2021, 01:57 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,537 Likes on 1,294 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
This mockery is ill considered. The dealer may very well take into account ADM, albeit indirectly. Market price is market price. The dealer will give you market price - intended profit, so if cars are still selling at a premium, their offer to you will have to account for that. Your ridicule assumes the market will have normalized, which may or may not be the case.
Old 12-28-2021, 02:18 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,364 Likes on 831 Posts

Originally Posted by Adrift
This mockery is ill considered. The dealer may very well take into account ADM, albeit indirectly. Market price is market price. The dealer will give you market price - intended profit, so if cars are still selling at a premium, their offer to you will have to account for that. Your ridicule assumes the market will have normalized, which may or may not be the case.
Dealers will go off Auction prices - minus whatever they can get away with. They are looking to maximize profit and not go with intended. Their model is different than Carvana, Carmax, etc.
Old 12-28-2021, 02:49 PM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,537 Likes on 1,294 Posts

Still based on market price, ultimately
Old 12-28-2021, 03:41 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

But we are forgetting something.....the ADM is not standardized across the whole market and some dealers will even do MSRP...so that ADM is only valid for the same dealer (in theory) and even then I'm pretty sure they will downplay it if you try to do a trade-in.
A "demand" adjusted price might be set by the dealer but manufacturers have suggested retail prices (SRP)/manufacturers suggested retail prices MSRP) for a reason, too bad PCNA doesn't enforce them an allow this ADM scam.
RolloGigolo (12-29-2021)
Old 12-29-2021, 02:33 AM
johnnysegel
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I know dealers have lists etc.

But is it possible to just as an person whos never bought a new porsche to walk in and buy one?

Is the decision at the dealer? or do porsche has something to say about that.

I am thinking all dealers or people just buying to then just sell it right away, dont drive it. Many like that here in sweden who takes places on the list from people who actually should drive the car.
I porsche some how marks some names so they cant buy or just interested to sell as much as they can possibly sell?

Talking about this 4gtrs for example.

Johnny
Old 12-29-2021, 03:03 AM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,832 Likes on 1,516 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnysegel
I know dealers have lists etc.
But is it possible to just as an person whos never bought a new porsche to walk in and buy one?
Absolutely. But on a GT4S, likely from a dealer that doesn't care at all about long term customer relationships and is asking an obscene amount over sticker on a car they are keeping on their showroom floor....
Old 12-29-2021, 02:45 PM
G.Irish
Racer

Received 205 Likes on 108 Posts

Mockery or no, if someone's paying the early adopter tax to the tune of $40-50k, they are very likely to lose most if not all of that money at trade in. Even with the currently overheated market for used GT4's, Spyders, GT3RS's, etc, dealers are offering people trade-ins at msrp or close to it. Maybe there'll be a window where GT4RS ADMs are as high or higher than $40-50k where a dealer may be willing to give a very strong trade-in at maybe $20-30k over. But if supply catches up before then, a deal like that is just not gonna be around.

Ultimately people just have to decide if the car is worth it to them at that price. If you're paying a large markup you have to be comfortable with the probability that you're not getting that money back.
Old 12-29-2021, 05:28 PM
IPSA
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 102 Posts

918 VIP allocations out. No normal allocations until Q1. First USA build dates set July 22.

Mere mortals late 2022 for high on the Listers....

Quick Reply: GT4 RS Allocation Thread