Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2022, 02:07 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,362 Likes on 829 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
The PDK in the GT4rs is literally taken out of the 991.2 3rs, it is the same transmission
Can't be since they rotate differently. Unless you're just talking about ratios.
Old 09-08-2022, 03:47 PM
TDT
Burning Brakes

Received 412 Likes on 271 Posts

4RS gearset is based on that from the 991 RS, has a shorter final drive and also shorter effective ratio due to 20inch wheels vs 21inch.

Traditional mechanical diff instead of E-diff

Last edited by TDT; 09-08-2022 at 03:53 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Odin (09-10-2022)
Old 09-08-2022, 04:19 PM
AndreasF
Track Day

Received 45 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TDT
@AndreasF Can you post picture of the camber plates you removed, and the camber plates now fitted?

The MR camber plates for GT4 are the 991 3RS/GT4 Clubsport - offset parts... but i would have excepted that the 4RS would have come with these by default?

I guess this is the kit you have installed now...

Yes this is the kit I have. The camber plates that came off the 4rs definitively were not as aggressive as MR once. I couldn’t compare GT4 vs GT4RS side by side but having handled and changed both myself I would say they are identical.
TDT (09-08-2022)
Old 09-09-2022, 07:17 PM
very green R
Instructor

Received 130 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
I'm going to try the 3D printed drivers side lightweight bucket. .
Curious if you were able to try the 3D printer seat some where, such as PEC Atlanta or your dealer and compare to the standard seat insert. Or is there anyone on this forum who has driven with the 3D printed seat and compared it to the standard seat insert? Does it sit you lower, give more passive ventilation, as Porsche advertises, or make a long drive more comfortable, or other advantages?
Old 09-09-2022, 08:35 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,817 Likes on 1,510 Posts

Originally Posted by very green R
Curious if you were able to try the 3D printer seat some where, such as PEC Atlanta or your dealer and compare to the standard seat insert. Or is there anyone on this forum who has driven with the 3D printed seat and compared it to the standard seat insert? Does it sit you lower, give more passive ventilation, as Porsche advertises, or make a long drive more comfortable, or other advantages?
Also curious... Seems like a very expensive 'upgrade', particularly considering it is only an insert, priced per side, and in no way custom. Seems like $3,000+ would get you a true custom insert to match your backside...
KLCC 88 (09-09-2022)
Old 09-09-2022, 09:20 PM
cafe_racer
Racer

Received 248 Likes on 115 Posts

I have driven a 992 GT3 with and without the custom printed seat inserts in "soft". I'm 183cm and 78kg, I think if you are a larger person, e.g. 100kg you may find the custom inserts to help you fit into LWB's a bit better. For myself, I find the standard ones fine and found the custom ones to make the seat seem roomier, e.g. less tight and allowed my to jiggle in the seat a bit more without holding me in as well laterally. Long story short, if you are a larger gent, go the custom inserts, for light/standard weight go the standard inserts.
very green R (09-14-2022)
Old 09-11-2022, 06:42 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 655 Likes on 308 Posts

Gent's, thank you for bringing this up. I had asked around for opinions like you and couldn't get any. Full disclosure. I got sucked into the Porsche marketing and some comments by Lars Kern! I like the idea of lighter, better venting and being a drivers only option, lower seating position and under leg support. It also looks different. Does it look like it has a different access spot for the center harness strap? In any case, I'm not necessarily into spending 3K for a non effective upgrade. I understand the seat bottom comes with a bag and can be switched back and forth for the stock bottom. True?

Here is the marketing blurb. My build is closing pretty soon so I would appreciate any help in determining it's value. Opinions welcome..

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/2021...nch-26060.html

Last edited by Mr. Adair; 09-11-2022 at 06:44 PM.
very green R (09-14-2022)
Old 09-11-2022, 08:09 PM
cafe_racer
Racer

Gent's, thank you for bringing this up. I had asked around for opinions like you and couldn't get any. Full disclosure. I got sucked into the Porsche marketing and some comments by Lars Kern! I like the idea of lighter, better venting and being a drivers only option, lower seating position and under leg support. It also looks different. Does it look like it has a different access spot for the center harness strap? In any case, I'm not necessarily into spending 3K for a non effective upgrade. I understand the seat bottom comes with a bag and can be switched back and forth for the stock bottom. True?

Here is the marketing blurb. My build is closing pretty soon so I would appreciate any help in determining it's value. Opinions welcome..

See what I wrote above, if you are a big guy, it's worthwhile, if not, stick with stock. I didn't notice any ventilation improvements. Also the stock ones do come with the car in a bag so you can switch back.
Mr. Adair (09-11-2022)
Old 09-11-2022, 08:32 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,362 Likes on 829 Posts

Originally Posted by cafe_racer
I have driven a 992 GT3 with and without the custom printed seat inserts in "soft". I'm 183cm and 78kg, I think if you are a larger person, e.g. 100kg you may find the custom inserts to help you fit into LWB's a bit better. For myself, I find the standard ones fine and found the custom ones to make the seat seem roomier, e.g. less tight and allowed my to jiggle in the seat a bit more without holding me in as well laterally. Long story short, if you are a larger gent, go the custom inserts, for light/standard weight go the standard inserts.
That does not make any sense since the seat's side bolsters, bottom and back, don't change with those inserts.
Mr. Adair (09-11-2022)
Old 09-11-2022, 09:37 PM
cafe_racer
Racer

Originally Posted by ExMB
That does not make any sense since the seat's side bolsters, bottom and back, don't change with those inserts.
Just going on my experience...Maybe you are a larger gent so your experience may be different with them.
Old 09-11-2022, 09:50 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

From the press release:
"....Seats adapted to individual drivers have been available for a long time in professional motorsport. Now Porsche also offers a road-approved customisation...."

I think it is great that Porsche is offering some alternative inserts that can modify the fit and feel a bit... Why they insist on marketing it in a way that makes it sound in any way 'custom' or even mentioning "3D Printed" is bizarre, and charging such a huge premium for it (CXX level) makes it a hard no for me.

My build is closing pretty soon so I would appreciate any help in determining it's value.
Considering that you can buy the inserts at Suncoast for less than the option price, seems like it would be an easy decision to pull them from your build and re-consider and possibly purchase as an add on when more is known about them.

Last edited by pfbz; 09-11-2022 at 09:55 PM.
Mr. Adair (09-12-2022)
Old 09-12-2022, 05:00 AM
Odin
Racer

Received 474 Likes on 196 Posts

I skipped it since you can always buy it later on. Doesn’t need to be on the build sheet.
Mr. Adair (09-12-2022)
Old 09-12-2022, 01:46 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 655 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by Odin
I skipped it since you can always buy it later on. Doesn’t need to be on the build sheet.
Thank you all for the additional info and opinions. I’m going to delete this option.

UPDATE: Was just told my car went V215 30 days ahead of schedule and that I'm locked. Looks like the seat is staying. I pushed pretty hard to delete and was told by the store manager that "locked" is truly locked. Hi cited that on these 718 builds along with Taycans this is now the norm. And early locks are normal in an effort to finish and get cars to customers on time. Car to dealer on 1/20/2023. He also cited supply chain and Ukraine war issues. Any experts on this please chime in.

Last edited by Mr. Adair; 09-12-2022 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-12-2022, 06:41 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair;18356134\
UPDATE: Was just told my car went V215 30 days ahead of schedule and that I'm locked. Looks like the seat is staying. I pushed pretty hard to delete and was told by the store manager that "locked" is truly locked. Hi cited that on these 718 builds along with Taycans this is now the norm. And early locks are normal in an effort to finish and get cars to customers on time. Car to dealer on 1/20/2023. He also cited supply chain and Ukraine war issues. Any experts on this please chime in.
Good info... I want to make some minor changes to my build, but was kind of waiting to only bother the dealer one more time on the changes... I guess I need to accelerate placing those changes, but I'm definitely not locked yet!
Mr. Adair (09-12-2022)
Old 09-12-2022, 11:10 PM
fibredog
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 52 Posts

Thank you all for the additional info and opinions. I’m going to delete this option.

You must have a PTS vehicle. In the past, PCNA informed me that v215 is the code used by PAG to block changes to PTS and/or CXX vehicles. It's not really the same as the "lock date v250" and occurs 30-60 days earlier. I was told that they order the PTS paint and supplies (for CXX) and don't want the dealer messing with items that could change the amount needed, so they block the order. I was able to get PAG to revert two of my v215 builds to v200 so that I could change some options in years past. Things are different now with the supply issues that you mentioned and it's risky making changes to any order. I think my 4RS order is the first one in 20 years that I didn't make any changes to. I usually bother my SA 5-10 times per car.
The following 2 users liked this post by fibredog:
Mr. Adair (09-13-2022), Porsche2014 (09-13-2022)

Quick Reply: GT4 RS Allocation Thread