Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2022, 01:22 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 690 Likes on 374 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
I'm seeing lots of loaded WP/PTS/Mags/PCCB/FAL/etc. builds posted...

Curious how many with committed slots went the other way with their 4RS builds, something like a standard color non-WP non-FAL iron-brakes config...

I realize this is NOT what someone would spec if they were planning on resale, but mine is destined to be a keeper. And while my current config has most of the goodies other than PTS (not locked yet), I must admit I'm increasing tempted with the idea of a low-spec/high-performance build and keeping some of those WP/FAL/PCCB/PTS dollars for some special aftermarket goodies.
people on here that think that stuff adds to resale are living a delusion.

I sold my 3rs in July 2021 (3rs was a lot cheaper then) with irons, no fal, no WP no full leather for 222k on my 197k Miami blue build and it had 7,300 miles which was a lot for the time.

if I had WP, lift, PCCB full leather. I would Maybe have gotten 10-15k more and would have costed 35k+ plus with tax. 0% shot I would have gotten 25k over in that market on a bloated WP PCCB FAL leather build…

My 2 cents is I just think all the packages and options and leather stuff are for the cars and coffee crowd. I’m buying the chassis engine transmission, idgaf about the options.

I mean what would a real enthusiast own, a fully loaded pdk Gt3 with all the options or a bone stock gt3rs?

i mean come on. And yes I’ll probably order a gt4rs in black with probably just full leather, Bose, auto dim and light pack and call it a day
The following 2 users liked this post by welikethetrack:
Craigy (09-14-2022), vantage (09-04-2022)
Old 09-04-2022, 03:38 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,476 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack

I sold my 3rs in July 2021 (3rs was a lot cheaper then) with irons, no fal, no WP no full leather for 222k on my 197k Miami blue build and it had 7,300 miles which was a lot for the time.

if I had WP, lift, PCCB full leather. I would Maybe have gotten 10-15k more and would have costed 35k+ plus with tax. 0% shot I would have gotten 25k over in that market on a bloated WP PCCB FAL leather build…

My 2 cents is I just think all the packages and options and leather stuff are for the cars and coffee crowd. I’m buying the chassis engine transmission, idgaf about the options.

I mean what would a real enthusiast own, a fully loaded pdk Gt3 with all the options or a bone stock gt3rs?

i mean come on. And yes I’ll probably order a gt4rs in black with probably just full leather, Bose, auto dim and light pack and call it a day

I agree with you...you usually get more $$$ at resale but not necessarily a lot (compared to original cost when new)...and of course you will get more, the price of the car originally was higher!
Some options do give you a larger pool of potential buyers if you decide to sell down the road. I know people that wouldn't buy a used GT car without PCCBs or FAL...two options I never spec in my GT cars. LWBS is another option that a lot of people want.
But IMO, independently of what sells better later on, you should spec the car to your liking not for the next owner.

The following 4 users liked this post by jmartpr:
KLCC 88 (09-04-2022), Mr. Adair (09-04-2022), Porsche2014 (09-05-2022), SK991.2 (09-04-2022)
Old 09-04-2022, 03:44 PM
KLCC 88
Pro

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

☝🏻What was said above. Get what you like. I’ve always wanted pccb, WP and Magnesium’s but could not justify it on my previous Non GT Porsches. The fact that I would also have a larger pool of buyers when I decide to sell helps
The following users liked this post:
Mr. Adair (09-05-2022)
Old 09-04-2022, 04:45 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Received 655 Likes on 308 Posts

Originally Posted by jmartpr
I agree with you...you usually get more $$$ at resale but not necessarily a lot (compared to original cost when new)...and of course you will get more, the price of the car originally was higher!
Some options do give you a larger pool of potential buyers if you decide to sell down the road. I know people that wouldn't buy a used GT car without PCCBs or FAL...two options I never spec in my GT cars. LWBS is another option that a lot of people want.
But IMO, independently of what sells better later on, you should spec the car to your liking not for the next owner.
If you play your cards right and don't spec an absolute dog of a car everybody who gets one will make a nicet profit on resale if you chose to sell. Enough to make back ADM and then some.
KLCC 88 (09-04-2022)
Old 09-04-2022, 04:55 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by welikethetrack

Cars and Coffee crowd is who I wan't to buy my 4RS if at some point down the road I sell, not guys like you that want a minimal spec. When choosing to buy a Porsche GT car on the secondary market a proper spec, color will always bring more dollars. You simply have a wider audience to sell to. And yes, every enthusiasts should by an RS. Because RS is RS as someone famous once said. But I really don't like telling other men how to spend their money.

Last edited by Mr. Adair; 09-04-2022 at 04:56 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mr. Adair:
Odin (09-05-2022), welikethetrack (09-05-2022)
Old 09-04-2022, 04:56 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,364 Likes on 831 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Adair
If you play your cards right and don't spec an absolute dog of a car everybody who gets one will make a nicet profit on resale if you chose to sell. Enough to make back ADM and then some.
You keep saying that but never specify over what timeframe. Don't think you can take the last couple of years or so and unilaterally project that forward.
Odin (09-05-2022)
Old 09-04-2022, 08:04 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,022 Likes on 2,292 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
Oslo Blue

Car looks good, if I'm able to get a GT3RS allocation then I'll do Oslo Blue on it.
Old 09-04-2022, 08:10 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

You keep saying that but never specify over what timeframe. Don't think you can take the last couple of years or so and unilaterally project that forward.
What are you confused about? There are buyers for these GT cars. Inventory is low. Yes, there are used cars on the market but that has never kept me from making money when I sell. The 4RS is and will be a very rare car. If you are getting one you could probably drive it 1,000 miles and sell it for 20-40K or more if it's PTS. Someone who simply couldn't get an allocation or didn't want to pay 100K over will be happy to buy one on the secondary market. I believe this is a car that will be an all timer for Porsche. 5/10/15 years from now who knows what this car will be worth. Even if this bubble bursts to a degree this car might be like a 7.2 RS equivalent IMO.

KLCC 88 (09-04-2022)
Old 09-04-2022, 08:15 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Car looks good, if I'm able to get a GT3RS allocation then I'll do Oslo Blue on it.
I remember the fire damaged Oslo Blue 7.2 that was at Isringhausen. Great color. Kinda has to grow on you. This one looks lighter than the one at Isringhausen.
Old 09-04-2022, 09:06 PM
Hex
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Oslo Blue

That car is really gorgeous!
Old 09-04-2022, 09:35 PM
cafe_racer
Racer

Received 248 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
I'm seeing lots of loaded WP/PTS/Mags/PCCB/FAL/etc. builds posted...

Curious how many with committed slots went the other way with their 4RS builds, something like a standard color non-WP non-FAL iron-brakes config...

I realize this is NOT what someone would spec if they were planning on resale, but mine is destined to be a keeper. And while my current config has most of the goodies other than PTS (not locked yet), I must admit I'm increasing tempted with the idea of a low-spec/high-performance build and keeping some of those WP/FAL/PCCB/PTS dollars for some special aftermarket goodies.
I did white and only added PDLS+, Bose, Satin Neodyme wheels and FAL. And I only got the FAL as my driveway has chewed too many other sports cars fronts.
The following 2 users liked this post by cafe_racer:
pfbz (09-04-2022), welikethetrack (09-05-2022)
Old 09-04-2022, 10:52 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,364 Likes on 831 Posts

What are you confused about? There are buyers for these GT cars. Inventory is low. Yes, there are used cars on the market but that has never kept me from making money when I sell. The 4RS is and will be a very rare car. If you are getting one you could probably drive it 1,000 miles and sell it for 20-40K or more if it's PTS. Someone who simply couldn't get an allocation or didn't want to pay 100K over will be happy to buy one on the secondary market. I believe this is a car that will be an all timer for Porsche. 5/10/15 years from now who knows what this car will be worth. Even if this bubble bursts to a degree this car might be like a 7.2 RS equivalent IMO.
No confusion here at all. Just thinking that you are continually expressing wishful thinking, trying to predict a future outcome. You think this frenzy will allow someone to play flipper, add $20+k (sales tax, registration, etc) and resell it without losing anything. I give you that there will by isolated instances by individuals to accomplish this, but I predict it won't be the norm.
Old 09-04-2022, 11:26 PM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

Carrera Design will do your vinyl hood stripe? How much are they charging for it (feel free to PM if you don't want to mention it on here)?
They do great work. Liveries, race teams etc. The kid is good. Knows his stuff. I don’t have a quote yet but I will get further info for us. I haven’t decided if I want to do the big fat GT2 stripe like the press car or a variation on the Motorsports stripe. I’m talking to him this week.
Old 09-05-2022, 12:15 AM
Mr. Adair
Drifting

No confusion here at all. Just thinking that you are continually expressing wishful thinking, trying to predict a future outcome. You think this frenzy will allow someone to play flipper, add $20+k (sales tax, registration, etc) and resell it without losing anything. I give you that there will by isolated instances by individuals to accomplish this, but I predict it won't be the norm.
Ok. I guess we’ll find out down the road. I don’t flip cars. I try to buy the right ones, spec them right and keep the mileage reasonable because I have to sell if I want to try something different. I have no intention of selling the 4RS. But I said that with the pts 7.2 RS.
Old 09-05-2022, 12:52 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,022 Likes on 2,292 Posts

Maybe but Porsche will build 2-3x GT4RSs as 997.1 & 997.2 GT3RSs combined. I really enjoyed tracking my GT4s so the GT4RS will be that much more fun with the extra power and downforce.

Quick Reply: GT4 RS Allocation Thread