Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2022, 05:23 PM
siktor
Intermediate

Received 35 Likes on 11 Posts

I chose LWBs in my GTS for a couple reasons, but one of the main ones is that I don't want to be moving around in corners, as while I don't plan to take it to the track I will be driving it in the mountains regularly. The seats in my A4, while pretty comfortable, do a terrible job of holding me in and don't inspire confidence in the corners.
Old 11-21-2022, 05:23 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,702 Likes on 2,736 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkSubRosa
I don't think the sport seat is the better choice if it's a GT car. The Spyder I can see but any GT car with Sofa's in it I just feel like a waste. If you want comfort that much don't buy a GT car.
Nope, not a chance, I love the LWBS in my Spyder, sofa's are for touring cars!
The following users liked this post:
GTJake (11-22-2022)
Old 11-21-2022, 05:39 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

If you are 6'2" and 260 lbs. and 71 years old -- those side bolsters are not your friend. Not impossible but if you're not a fanatical highly experienced and competent track guy that is trying to shave 10ths of a second off your best times-- you quickly wonder why the Sports plus seats with the 18-way adjustability was not a better choice. But then the GT4 Cayman itself is just really too cramped for my frame irrespective of the carbon fiber seats. In fact-- I just traded my GT4 with 2500 miles to a dealer that bought this car for somewhat more than I paid for it and also gave me his first 911 T allocation at msrp. I fit much better in the 911 than the 718 -- the dash is further away and there is endless leg room and the entire cabin is more comfortable as well in my opinion. I own a 21' 911 Targa with the base seats and still own a 718 Boxster GTS (wife's car) and just until a week ago, I also owned the GT4 with the Carbon buckets. And here is what I found. The base seats are the perfect seat -- comfortable, supportive, no issues with shoulders or butt -- a great seat. I have driven over 800 miles in one day with my wife and we found these seats as comfortable as the seats in any of the sedans I have owned. If you plan on long distance driving -- these are without any doubt the seats you want in your car with the 14-way adjustments. The ability to lengthen the seat bottom for tall guys is fantastic as you can get the support right up to the back of your knees which makes long distance driving comfortable.

The Sport seats are good also -- but if you're a larger guy your shoulders will not like being pushed on from behind by the seat back wings. Also the seat bottoms are not as comfortable as the base seats -- more padding in the base seat.

THen the carbon fiber buckets look really cool-- and as noted - a pain to get into and out of -- but once you are plopped down into the seat for short drives not a problem and comfortable enough. Not a lot of under leg support for larger guys and the wings do force your shoulders back. Personally if you just want the car to look bad-*** for Porsche club meetings than these are great or if you are a reall constant track guy that can use the weight savings to get better times -- then these are for you also. Only a button to move the seat up and down and a manual handle for sliding the seat. IF my wife had driven the GT4 and left the seat in position for her I would plop into the seat and find myself crunched over and stuck trying to reach the sliding handle on the front or the button to lower the seat down to where a MAN -- could get inside the car.
Old 11-21-2022, 05:44 PM
siktor
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Targa32
If you are 6'2" and 260 lbs. and 71 years old -- those side bolsters are not your friend. Not impossible but if you're not a fanatical highly experienced and competent track guy that is trying to shave 10ths of a second off your best times-- you quickly wonder why the Sports plus seats with the 18-way adjustability was not a better choice. But then the GT4 Cayman itself is just really too cramped for my frame irrespective of the carbon fiber seats. In fact-- I just traded my GT4 with 2500 miles to a dealer that bought this car for somewhat more than I paid for it and also gave me his first 911 T allocation at msrp. I fit much better in the 911 than the 718 -- the dash is further away and there is endless leg room and the entire cabin is more comfortable as well in my opinion. I own a 21' 911 Targa with the base seats and still own a 718 Boxster GTS (wife's car) and just until a week ago, I also owned the GT4 with the Carbon buckets. And here is what I found. The base seats are the perfect seat -- comfortable, supportive, no issues with shoulders or butt -- a great seat. I have driven over 800 miles in one day with my wife and we found these seats as comfortable as the seats in any of the sedans I have owned. If you plan on long distance driving -- these are without any doubt the seats you want in your car with the 14-way adjustments. The ability to lengthen the seat bottom for tall guys is fantastic as you can get the support right up to the back of your knees which makes long distance driving comfortable.

The Sport seats are good also -- but if you're a larger guy your shoulders will not like being pushed on from behind by the seat back wings. Also the seat bottoms are not as comfortable as the base seats -- more padding in the base seat.

THen the carbon fiber buckets look really cool-- and as noted - a pain to get into and out of -- but once you are plopped down into the seat for short drives not a problem and comfortable enough. Not a lot of under leg support for larger guys and the wings do force your shoulders back. Personally if you just want the car to look bad-*** for Porsche club meetings than these are great or if you are a reall constant track guy that can use the weight savings to get better times -- then these are for you also. Only a button to move the seat up and down and a manual handle for sliding the seat. IF my wife had driven the GT4 and left the seat in position for her I would plop into the seat and find myself crunched over and stuck trying to reach the sliding handle on the front or the button to lower the seat down to where a MAN -- could get inside the car.
Thankfully only one long (+8hr) road trip is planned and I'm 5'9", 190, and young so I'll survive! My 944 had manual seats and I never had an issue with them. Sat in both the LWBs and the 18s, buckets felt way better besides getting in/out! Hopefully our experiences with these seats will be helpful for someone deciding what to spec with a new car-- it's super dependent on your personal threshold for comfort and use case.
Old 11-21-2022, 05:47 PM
madmilk
Intermediate

Received 100 Likes on 29 Posts

Got my first baby pic today. My GTS is sitting at Emden now waiting for a boat.

The following 5 users liked this post by madmilk:
dub (11-21-2022), gregturek (11-22-2022), JBM718GTS (11-21-2022), MrFunk (11-21-2022), siktor (11-21-2022)
Old 11-21-2022, 05:58 PM
Westcoast
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,702 Likes on 2,736 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa32

So just curious here, are you describing yourself in the first sentence? (note the smiley)

I always slide my LWBS all the way back when I exit the car, never a problem for a MAN to get into then.
Old 11-21-2022, 11:24 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,390 Likes on 753 Posts

Better pics.
Alright fellas, time to obsess about something else than TYD. In my case, fingerprints. The color loves it
Name:  photo244.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  1.39 MBName:  photo67.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  1.69 MBName:  photo256.jpg
Views: 426
Size:  1.74 MBName:  photo678.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  1.69 MB
The following 7 users liked this post by John Mclane:
Clark_Kent (11-23-2022), DreiPedals (11-22-2022), dub (11-21-2022), JBM718GTS (11-22-2022), l30thelion (11-22-2022), siktor (11-21-2022), UncleDude (11-21-2022) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-21-2022, 11:26 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 762 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by John Mclane
Better pics.
Alright fellas, time to obsess about something else than TYD. In my case, fingerprints. The color loves it
Is that after some paint correction? If not that looks just awesome
Old 11-21-2022, 11:38 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Lucifer
Is that after some paint correction? If not that looks just awesome
No paint correction yet. Will be doing the traditional PPF and ceramic, likely after turkey day.
Old 11-21-2022, 11:47 PM
rottwagon
Track Day

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Original delivery dates?

I full well understand there are many things beyond our control and we have to wait. I am hoping to lean into this group and learn about your experiences waiting for our builds. My BGTS was originally scheduled for October 28 delivery. Honestly expected a delay. However- week by week I keep getting pushed back. I’ve been stuck in production according to all online resources and confirmed by my SA. Now I’m at December 30 delivery. In the grand scheme of things it’ll arrive when it arrives. I’m hoping that anyone can help me manage expectations. Is this normal? No one seems to know what’s up. I’m more than appreciative in advance for any insight
Gorthaur (11-28-2022)
Old 11-21-2022, 11:50 PM
siktor
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rottwagon
I full well understand there are many things beyond our control and we have to wait. I am hoping to lean into this group and learn about your experiences waiting for our builds. My BGTS was originally scheduled for October 28 delivery. Honestly expected a delay. However- week by week I keep getting pushed back. I’ve been stuck in production according to all online resources and confirmed by my SA. Now I’m at December 30 delivery. In the grand scheme of things it’ll arrive when it arrives. I’m hoping that anyone can help me manage expectations. Is this normal? No one seems to know what’s up. I’m more than appreciative in advance for any insight
Mine was scheduled to arrive Oct 28th as well, taking delivery either tomorrow or Weds. 1 week production delay, which lead to it missing the boat and waiting at Emden for an extra week. My experience has been that the SA knows what you know for the most part, but that may vary.
Old 11-21-2022, 11:51 PM
rottwagon
Track Day

Originally Posted by siktor
Mine was scheduled to arrive Oct 28th as well, taking delivery either tomorrow or Weds. 1 week production delay, which lead to it missing the boat and waiting at Emden for an extra week. My experience has been that the SA knows what you know for the most part, but that may vary.
congrats!! But ouch. ☹️
siktor (11-21-2022)
Old 11-22-2022, 12:02 AM
patdonahue
Pro

Received 403 Likes on 186 Posts

rottwagen:
FWIW my BGTS came out of production at the end of September and was scheduled to go on the boat about a week later. the day came and went and TDY updated and said there would be a 45-day delay before loading and delivery would be pushed back to December 16. Such is life and that was beyond my control, true I was not happy about the car sitting next to the ocean for and extra 45 days but it was what it was. I week later TDY struck again and said the car had already been loaded and the ship had already sailed, and I was given a delivery date that was within a few days of what I was told it would back in May when I locked the car. Sure enough it showed up exactly on the date predicted, and 45 days earlier than the TDY prediction when the car finished production. The dates may move all over the place and you just might wind up being surprised.
TDY is a rolling estimate, and you may get better information from your dealer through the Porsche tracking system
HTH,
Pat D
very green R (12-01-2022)
Old 11-22-2022, 12:03 AM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rottwagon
Mine was early September, I got it today. Worth the wait but I would have enjoyed some nice late summer days. More to come anyways.
Old 11-22-2022, 12:08 AM
rottwagon
Track Day

Originally Posted by patdonahue
rottwagen:
FWIW my BGTS came out of production at the end of September and was scheduled to go on the boat about a week later. the day came and went and TDY updated and said there would be a 45-day delay before loading and delivery would be pushed back to December 16. Such is life and that was beyond my control, true I was not happy about the car sitting next to the ocean for and extra 45 days but it was what it was. I week later TDY struck again and said the car had already been loaded and the ship had already sailed, and I was given a delivery date that was within a few days of what I was told it would back in May when I locked the car. Sure enough it showed up exactly on the date predicted, and 45 days earlier than the TDY prediction when the car finished production. The dates may move all over the place and you just might wind up being surprised.
TDY is a rolling estimate, and you may get better information from your dealer through the Porsche tracking system
HTH,
Pat D
thanks for sharing your experience. I understand i’m being impatient. And one day I’ll be done waiting. Maybe my delays are par for the course. But it the lack of knowing how to set expectations and the lack of reliable feedback that’s driving me crazy. Ha- maybe best to stop tracking TYD and relax. Easily said. Impossible for me to do.
patdonahue (11-22-2022)

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...