Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2022, 08:17 PM
nikuhina
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts

Anyone know where the Glovis Clipper is? Most recent GPS I can find is from 3 days ago... 😭 Worried that a black hole gobbled it up!

https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9441582
Old 12-01-2022, 05:42 PM
Gorthaur
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 30 Posts

Finally I'm out of here too! Cheers guys!

The following users liked this post:
madmilk (12-01-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 06:22 PM
Bearrun21
Racer

Received 354 Likes on 165 Posts

Update on my CGTS order, it finished production a few days earlier than initially forecast, and is now at Port of Emden. It is supposed to be loaded tomorrow (12/02)...and I'll keep watch and everyone updated...as I know the timing time cars spend at Port of Emden has wild variation.

Added FYI, my car is Burmester and PDLS+ Xenon lights (which might be reason for why my build flowed smoothly through production.
JBM718GTS (12-01-2022)
Old 12-01-2022, 06:23 PM
very green R
Instructor

Received 135 Likes on 84 Posts

[QUOTE=From mid 23 on the allocations will be for the (apparently confirmed) Spyder RS. I take these things with a grain of salt, but there's the info.[/QUOTE]

Curious where did you find that the Spyder RS is apparently confirmed? Doesn't Porsche have to make a special announcement, You tube journalists release their quarantined videos, and eventually the vehicle shows on the configuator?
Old 12-01-2022, 06:30 PM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 916 Likes on 366 Posts

It's not confirmed. It's not even finished with development lol.

Originally Posted by very green R
Curious where did you find that the Spyder RS is apparently confirmed? Doesn't Porsche have to make a special announcement, You tube journalists release their quarantined videos, and eventually the vehicle shows on the configuator?
Old 12-02-2022, 02:41 AM
Schmoods
Track Day

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

@Flyerno1 Hey neighbor! Our cars will likely be on the same truck too as mine heads up a bit further on 91. Enjoy the delivery, share pics, and see you at some meets!
Flyerno1 (12-05-2022)
Old 12-02-2022, 09:05 AM
Jay9722
Racer

Received 151 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Brainofjjj
Sorry if this is a dumb question because i'm asking it anyway . Currently have a .1 GT3RS and want to order a GT4. Does anyone know of a dealer with an allocation for little to no ADM? The RS would be traded when the 4 arrives so that might help me find a dealer. All the ones i've spoken to tell me they have no allocations.
PM Sent
Old 12-02-2022, 10:59 AM
tbonesteak33
Track Day

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucifer
Talking from experience here - it took me several years to understand I rather collect experiences than money. Very soon you won't be able to get this car customized to your liking, "your car". Worst case scenario if things don't work out you can probably sell it without losing too much (if it all). In a few states you would lose the sales tax, but that's about it. In my opinion that's worth the risk.
I was in this situation also. After several both very happy and very sad life events, I figured out my finances, determined that I can still make it happen, got the blessing from my wife and my father (he's the reason why I love cars and esp. Porsches so much - we played NFS Porsche Unleashed with steering wheel / pedal setup with each other over LAN when I was a kid).

I decided to go for it anyway because I wanted MY car, not someone else's, and for me building it to my exact, desired spec was always part of the dream of enjoying it with my family. I also fear that the 982 4.0 cars are going to be the last of their kind, and I very much wanted my piece of automotive greatness.

Anxiously awaiting pictures now as I currently sit and phase 2/4 (V250 last I heard) for my comfort-spec Boxster GTS 4.0 6MT (Aventurine Green / Brown Top / Cognac & Espresso Brown 18-way seats / black brushed aluminum trim / grey wheels). I wish I had pics! I tried the hack but the field is null so I guess not ready yet.
Old 12-02-2022, 12:23 PM
adeland
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Fun question for everyone-- While we're all waiting for our P-cars, what have we bought preemptively for its arrival? We have a MY23 MT racing yellow GT4 that TYD said just arrived at Emden. We're planning to order LWBS Guards and seat risers. We also bought a toy model GT4 for fun. What else is everyone picking up?
Old 12-02-2022, 12:35 PM
Xxyion
Drifting

Received 1,358 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by adeland
Fun question for everyone-- While we're all waiting for our P-cars, what have we bought preemptively for its arrival? We have a MY23 MT racing yellow GT4 that TYD said just arrived at Emden. We're planning to order LWBS Guards and seat risers. We also bought a toy model GT4 for fun. What else is everyone picking up?
I basically have already purchased all the mods I plan on doing during year one for the car. Mostly QOL changes. LWBS guards from EdGuard, Designs by Jacob seat risers, GT4RS PDK shifter ****, decals for the car (side says GT4), Side wind buffeting diffusers, clear side markers.

That's about it so far. Still debating if I just want to buy OAP now or wait to see how much I will just enjoy the stock exhaust system.
Old 12-02-2022, 12:43 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 838 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by Xxyion
I basically have already purchased all the mods I plan on doing during year one for the car. Mostly QOL changes. LWBS guards from EdGuard, Designs by Jacob seat risers, GT4RS PDK shifter ****, decals for the car (side says GT4), Side wind buffeting diffusers, clear side markers.

That's about it so far. Still debating if I just want to buy OAP now or wait to see how much I will just enjoy the stock exhaust system.
Ordered clear side markers on cyber Monday, and I’m figuring out which decals to buy as we speak. As far as the exhaust, I’m going to treat this in a step by step process. First I’ll manually force the valves open while I debate if I want a valve controller. If I go OAP, it will be the fabspeed version with the resonator, though I might bypass this option and go straight for the JCR back box.

Additionally I’ll scoop the WiFi CarPlay adapter for wireless connection, and a console mounted phone Mount.
Xxyion (12-02-2022)
Old 12-02-2022, 01:48 PM
MrFunk
Burning Brakes

Received 864 Likes on 458 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxKing
Ordered clear side markers on cyber Monday, and I’m figuring out which decals to buy as we speak. As far as the exhaust, I’m going to treat this in a step by step process. First I’ll manually force the valves open while I debate if I want a valve controller. If I go OAP, it will be the fabspeed version with the resonator, though I might bypass this option and go straight for the JCR back box.

Additionally I’ll scoop the WiFi CarPlay adapter for wireless connection, and a console mounted phone Mount.
Where'd you get the clear side markers from?
Old 12-02-2022, 01:49 PM
BeerMonkey
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by MrFunk
Where'd you get the clear side markers from?
Clear side markers are available at Suncoast for a reasonable price. That's where I got mine
manifold danger (12-04-2022)
Old 12-02-2022, 01:52 PM
BeerMonkey
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 23 Posts

Do any of you know how to decode this color? Is D71V21 just the code for shark blue, or does that include stitching color too? I'm a bit nervous about stitching color since I don't see it anywhere on my build sheet.

Old 12-02-2022, 01:53 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 838 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by BeerMonkey
Clear side markers are available at Suncoast for a reasonable price. That's where I got mine
Here the link, and they still have them as the sale price.
https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...1LEDSIDES.html

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...