Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2022, 11:43 AM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,069 Posts

Originally Posted by TXRubicon

Current PVMS - Lock occurred 7/14.
Where did the 7/14 lock date come from? According to above it happened on 8/24.

Looks like some of your planned and expected did move around as you were straddling the summer break.

Thanks for the data; keep updating as you move through the process. Helps people see what’s happening
Old 08-31-2022, 11:47 AM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 915 Likes on 365 Posts

I think we're mixing two different terms here. Vehicle locked and vehicle fixed are two different things on this timeline so just to clarify for anyone reading this, Vehicle LOCKED is the configuration freeze date where no further changes can be made and has been consistently 30-45 days from start of production. Vehicle FIXED (V250) has consistently been 7 to 14 days from start of production. The build LOCKED on 7/14, but the vehicle was FIXED on 8/24.

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Where did the 7/14 lock date come from? According to above it happened on 8/24.

Looks like some of your planned and expected did move around as you were straddling the summer break.

Thanks for the data; keep updating as you move through the process. Helps people see what’s happening

Last edited by TXRubicon; 08-31-2022 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-31-2022, 11:47 AM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

Per TYD, my 2023 GT4 build is scheduled to freeze at midnight (9/1) and enter production on 9/23. Hopeful that my production date doesn't get pushed out. I know sometimes TYD just sets placeholder dates (usually on Fridays). Let's see!
The following users liked this post:
JBM718GTS (08-31-2022)
Old 08-31-2022, 11:55 AM
mslam02
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Leonel
How long does it take from the Change Freeze point to the date they actually start production?
it should give you an estimate on the track your dream website. My change freeze was 8/24 and says scheduled to start 9/16 but those dates seem to be pretty dynamic
Old 08-31-2022, 12:28 PM
TXshaggy
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,069 Posts

I think we're mixing two different terms here. Vehicle locked and vehicle fixed are two different things on this timeline so just to clarify for anyone reading this, Vehicle LOCKED is the configuration freeze date where no further changes can be made and has been consistently 30-45 days from start of production. Vehicle FIXED (V250) has consistently been 7 to 14 days from start of production. The build LOCKED on 7/14, but the vehicle was FIXED on 8/24.
Good comment, yes people use fixed freeze and lock interchangeably. Perhaps TYD has different terms.

What I was told by my SA is that V250 Vehicle Fixed is the point at which no vehicle changes could be made.

I received my 2021 Spyder Nov allocation in June of 2020.

On 8/28 I received a call that they had a Sept Spyder allocation drop out and if I wanted to move up to come on down…which I did.

My main concern was getting my build correct, I was assured that it would be as the V250 date was still a couple days away.

Here is my PSVMS screenshot. I jammed my entire build in the system on 8/28. It fixed couple days later and entered production 9 days after fixed.

What is the V code for locked?

Old 08-31-2022, 12:51 PM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

The way it's been explained to me by my SA and a friend at PCNA who deals with this stuff for a living is V250 means all the required parts and customizations for your build have been accounted for from various suppliers and sequenced for the start of the build process. The FREEZE date does not have a discreet V code, but this is the date that your configuration is final and cannot be changed. My friend at PCNA considers V250 to be the most important date in the process since this is where everything is pretty much locked in from a manufacturing timeline. Once that date hits there shouldn't be any significant changes to the manufacturing dates. Key word, shouldn't. 2022 has proven that anything that can happen, will happen 🤣

Obviously, this is for 2022 so I can't speak to the process during your build time.

Originally Posted by TXshaggy
Good comment, yes people use fixed freeze and lock interchangeably. Perhaps TYD has different terms.

What I was told by my SA is that V250 Vehicle Fixed is the point at which no vehicle changes could be made.

I received my 2021 Spyder Nov allocation in June of 2020.

On 8/28 I received a call that they had a Sept Spyder allocation drop out and if I wanted to move up to come on down…which I did.

My main concern was getting my build correct, I was assured that it would be as the V250 date was still a couple days away.

Here is my PSVMS screenshot. I jammed my entire build in the system on 8/28. It fixed couple days later and entered production 9 days after fixed.

What is the V code for locked?

Last edited by TXRubicon; 08-31-2022 at 12:56 PM.
Old 08-31-2022, 12:56 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

I always thought when someone said their car was locked in terms of build status, they meant it was at V250 which to my understanding means no changes are allowed on the car. I just looked at my build status sheet and the V250 corresponds to showing vehicle fixed which I always thought was used interchangeably with vehicle locked. If vehicle locked and vehicle fixed now mean two different things, that is news to me.
Old 08-31-2022, 12:59 PM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

Yes, freeze date and vehicle fixed are two different events. Here's how Porsche describes them:

Change Freeze Point Reached -

V250 - Vehicle Fixed

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
I always thought when someone said their car was locked in terms of build status, they meant it was at V250 which to my understanding means no changes are allowed on the car. I just looked at my build status sheet and the V250 corresponds to showing vehicle fixed which I always thought was used interchangeably with vehicle locked. If vehicle locked and vehicle fixed now mean two different things, that is news to me.

Last edited by TXRubicon; 08-31-2022 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-31-2022, 01:31 PM
jamesrg
Rennlist Member

Received 193 Likes on 92 Posts

The way it's been explained to me by my SA and a friend at PCNA who deals with this stuff for a living is V250 means all the required parts and customizations for your build have been accounted for from various suppliers and sequenced for the start of the build process. The FREEZE date does not have a discreet V code, but this is the date that your configuration is final and cannot be changed. My friend at PCNA considers V250 to be the most important date in the process since this is where everything is pretty much locked in from a manufacturing timeline. Once that date hits there shouldn't be any significant changes to the manufacturing dates. Key word, shouldn't. 2022 has proven that anything that can happen, will happen 🤣

Obviously, this is for 2022 so I can't speak to the process during your build time.
I really really hope this is true, the part about all the parts being accounted for, fingers crossed on mine! Great info thanks for sharing!
Old 08-31-2022, 01:43 PM
sinking
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by jamesrg
I really really hope this is true, the part about all the parts being accounted for, fingers crossed on mine! Great info thanks for sharing!
People whose cars are sitting on dealers lots waiting for Bose amps would like to have a word with V250.
jamesrg (08-31-2022)
Old 08-31-2022, 02:29 PM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

I guess V250 just means shippable, not necessarily saleable these days

Originally Posted by sinking
People whose cars are sitting on dealers lots waiting for Bose amps would like to have a word with V250.
SW6 (08-31-2022)
Old 08-31-2022, 03:50 PM
justbob
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by CatVaux
Well, my dealer finally updated me. My car is expected at the dealership on Monday, but they say it takes three to five days after it arrives at the dealer for them to get the title from Porsche Germany. Has anyone ever heard of that?
These dealers are night mares. Don't forget to give them the one finger salute when you see them in the rear view mirror.
Old 08-31-2022, 04:14 PM
SW6
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

My freeze date was 8/25 although it was originally supposed to be 7/11. Supposed to start production on 9/16 but we'll see what happens.
Old 08-31-2022, 04:19 PM
SW6
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I guess V250 just means shippable, not necessarily saleable these days
Will they give you the car? A couple of years ago my last AMG finally arrived at the dealer after sitting in the port for 2 months waiting on EPA certification only to find that the radio didn't work. They had to order a new one from Germany which they said would take a month. I took delivery and drove it till the parts arrived. I figured the engine/exhaust sounds would be music enough for awhile.

I'd be interested to see if Porsche will do this, as I expect I'll could have the same problem with the Bose amp in a couple of months when mine is due to arrive.
Old 08-31-2022, 04:23 PM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

I'd think something like Bose they'd be willing to sell if the customer wanted, but there have been times when TPMS modules weren't installed, and of course, those are federally required so they weren't saleable.

Originally Posted by SW6
Will they give you the car? A couple of years ago my last AMG finally arrived at the dealer after sitting in the port for 2 months waiting on EPA certification only to find that the radio didn't work. They had to order a new one from Germany which they said would take a month. I took delivery and drove it till the parts arrived. I figured the engine/exhaust sounds would be music enough for awhile.

I'd be interested to see if Porsche will do this, as I expect I'll could have the same problem with the Bose amp in a couple of months when mine is due to arrive.

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...