Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2022, 11:52 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Received 760 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by rusmani
Not impossible, but at #11 on the list, you probably aren't seeing a car before the end of production.

Also remember that MSRP will likely increase for the future MY, assuming they carry production into 2024. GT4 MSRP went up nearly 6k from 2022 to 2023. So a small ADM of 5k in 2022 would be cheaper than a 2023, and you'd already have the car to enjoy instead of a continued wait. Just food for thought/playing devil's advocate somewhat. I too dislike ADM for the record, as I'm sure most of us do.
Got another dealer where I am #7 so I will probably go with him
Old 08-31-2022, 11:53 PM
JCZ5
Pro

Received 372 Likes on 198 Posts

Also keep in mind just because you're on the "list" does not mean you can't be overtaken by someone else...Lists are not sequential. I was on a "list" for a BGTS #15, but that soon became #1 after I decided to purchase another car for the family.

Last edited by JCZ5; 08-31-2022 at 11:55 PM.
Old 08-31-2022, 11:58 PM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JCZ5
Also keep in mind just because you're on the "list" does not mean you can't be overtaken by someone else...Lists are not sequential. I was on a "list" for a BGTS #15, but that soon became #1 after I decided to purchase a family car.
Yeah I am taking that into account of-course.
I am by no mean a Porsche fanatic - the BGTS4.0 is a great car and I would love to have one, especially where it appears that it will barely have any depreciation - but it is not the only great car out there.
Old 09-01-2022, 12:03 AM
JCZ5
Pro

@danielzy That is a good attitude. At the end of the day there are plenty of great cars. And even though it seems like the GTS does not depreciate, I think over time, it will. Also based on my interactions, I also don't think the shortage is as bad as it was a few months ago. Dealers are just getting smart and holding onto cars to sell for the right price. And having to wait may actually be a blessing and when your time comes, the 718s may get LEDs and electrically adjustable steering column back. I find it insulting that they can remove some of these features away in a $100K+ car that once had it all.
Old 09-01-2022, 12:52 AM
Lucifer
Rennlist Member

@danielzy That is a good attitude. At the end of the day there are plenty of great cars. And even though it seems like the GTS does not depreciate, I think over time, it will. Also based on my interactions, I also don't think the shortage is as bad as it was a few months ago. Dealers are just getting smart and holding onto cars to sell for the right price. And having to wait may actually be a blessing and when your time comes, the 718s may get LEDs and electrically adjustable steering column back. I find it insulting that they can remove some of these features away in a $100K+ car that once had it all.
Honestly the lack of LED is almost a deal breaker for me, that's why I don't want to build a car at the moment. I also don't have a garage yet and I am not parking a 100k car in a "regular" covered parking.
A few options I found in 2-3 hours of searching:

- Porsche Stevens Creek have BGTS with LED for MSRP + some dealer options like PPF and Diamond Coating ($5k each).
They also force you to get the extended warranty and maintenance and a watch.
I don't want or need all of those, but at least you get something for the ADM. The car is very well optioned.

- Porsche Livermore has a slot that goes to a freeze in a week - that could be perfect, but they want 10% ADM.
Old 09-01-2022, 01:01 AM
JCZ5
Pro

Originally Posted by danielzy
Honestly the lack of LED is almost a deal breaker for me, that's why I don't want to build a car at the moment. I also don't have a garage yet and I am not parking a 100k car in a "regular" covered parking.
A few options I found in 2-3 hours of searching:

- Porsche Stevens Creek have BGTS with LED for MSRP + some dealer options like PPF and Diamond Coating ($5k each).
They also force you to get the extended warranty and maintenance and a watch.
I don't want or need all of those, but at least you get something for the ADM. The car is very well optioned.

- Porsche Livermore has a slot that goes to a freeze in a week - that could be perfect, but they want 10% ADM.
In this market, build the car to your exact spec. I tend to shy away from on-lot vehicles because they all seem to lack some common sense features and/or have crazy exclusive manufacture fluff. A lot of people mentioned these unnecessary options are better than just paying ADM, sure....but it is still buying crap you don't want in the first place with full profit going to the dealer. The dealer I worked with tried to pull the extra options and watch gimmick. I was not having any of that, pushed back and agreed on MSRP.

Re Livermore with vehicle that will be locking soon. Crazy to think they will just let it lock, but I guess it is a win / win for them even if the build was not tied to an specific owner. This again goes back to my belief that there is not necessary a shortage, but just very crafty dealers working in concert for this artificial demand. I would not be surprised if Porsche mentioned some sort of tactic during their dealer all-hands call - seen it happen at quite a few dealers.
The following users liked this post:
Lucifer (09-01-2022)
Old 09-01-2022, 01:25 AM
brock256
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Got the DM but I dont do ADM as a principle. I actually just came back from Porsche Stevens Creek and they were ready to take my deposit without any ADM - but I am #11 on the list, so it is probably like 2 years wait.
cool, good luck!

I never understand the 10% ADM thing (have seen that elsewhere, too). They're already making more money on the same allocation if it's specced to a higher MSRP; how do they justify tacking more markup in that case? If anything you'd think it should go the other way (knock off some ADM if you agree to order more options)...
​​​​​​​

Last edited by brock256; 09-01-2022 at 01:29 AM.
Old 09-01-2022, 01:31 AM
nikuhina
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 34 Posts

How much ADM you ended up paying?
$5K! and it became TYD official mid June.
Old 09-01-2022, 01:32 AM
nikuhina
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 34 Posts

@nikuhina At least my dealer tried to hide it behind a Porsche watch lol. But I am not biting
Hah! Will talk with my SA in a couple weeks about whether I could move that $5k cash ADM to a watch instead
Old 09-01-2022, 09:30 AM
Rich M
Advanced

Received 140 Likes on 41 Posts

Officially joined the waiting room yesterday! Got myself a BGTS allocation. Told the dealer I would take a 992 GTS or 718 GTS, whichever comes first. But in the end this worked out since I secretly want to get myself a N/A. Any thoughts on the build:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PP71KCP8?
Nice build! I love my silver wheels. I would add the "Steering Column Casing in Leather" and "Door-Sill Guards in Stainless Steel, Illuminated". The leather steering column looks great in person - I would think even more so with the matching leather color. The illuminated door sills also make them longer (unlike the picture shown in the configurator):

The following users liked this post:
eshney (09-01-2022)
Old 09-01-2022, 09:36 AM
landsteam
Advanced

Received 40 Likes on 11 Posts

Also keep in mind just because you're on the "list" does not mean you can't be overtaken by someone else...Lists are not sequential. I was on a "list" for a BGTS #15, but that soon became #1 after I decided to purchase another car for the family.
I asked my SA what number I was on the "List", and was told there is no order that they follow. They decide the allocation based on prior purchases, if you have a trade in which they can make a large profit on reselling. I was disappointed that they allocate that way.
Old 09-01-2022, 10:20 AM
JCZ5
Pro

@Rich M thank you for the suggestions! Went back pics of your car and it looks spectacular in Carmine Red! Follow up question, did you have electric steering column when you received your car? I know they took it away awhile ago, not sure if you made the cut.

@landsteam From a dealer perspective, this makes perfect sense. Returning or long-time customers should get priority. It is terrible if you're a first time buyer and you have to wait ages for an allocation. But my hopes are high that within a year dealers will decrease their games a bit and make cars flow more readily!
Old 09-01-2022, 10:27 AM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 915 Likes on 365 Posts

Really it's PAG that has to increase production in order for dealers to have more cars to sell. That bit isn't really up to the dealers.

@Rich M thank you for the suggestions! Went back pics of your car and it looks spectacular in Carmine Red! Follow up question, did you have electric steering column when you received your car? I know they took it away awhile ago, not sure if you made the cut.

@landsteam From a dealer perspective, this makes perfect sense. Returning or long-time customers should get priority. It is terrible if you're a first time buyer and you have to wait ages for an allocation. But my hopes are high that within a year dealers will decrease their games a bit and make cars flow more readily!
Old 09-01-2022, 10:40 AM
JCZ5
Pro

Originally Posted by TXRubicon
Really it's PAG that has to increase production in order for dealers to have more cars to sell. That bit isn't really up to the dealers.
Ah let me clarify, I think PAG is already giving dealers pretty decent size allocations. It is the dealers holding onto them and selling to the highest bidder. At least in my sample size of 4 dealers I personally encountered as well as anecdotally from hearing how "easy" it is to get an allocation as long as you're willing to pay ADM (ranging $5-$10K).
Old 09-01-2022, 10:49 AM
TXRubicon
Burning Brakes

Received 915 Likes on 365 Posts

The first part isn't true, at least for 2022. Most dealers, even the big ones, aren't getting nearly the number of allocations they did in years previously. The second part is because of the first part. With fewer new cars to sell, dealers want to make more per unit than before when they could work in quantities. But since people are willing to pay ADM, I don't see that part going away even if Porsche increases production back to pre-2022 numbers.

Ah let me clarify, I think PAG is already giving dealers pretty decent size allocations. It is the dealers holding onto them and selling to the highest bidder. At least in my sample size of 4 dealers I personally encountered as well as anecdotally from hearing how "easy" it is to get an allocation as long as you're willing to pay ADM (ranging $5-$10K).

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...