Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2021 | 08:54 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Unstock
nice! My ship just left Jacksonville a few days ago and on its way to Texas. The Porsche site/app is saying it’s going to Texas but I bet it was offloaded in Jacksonville 2 days ago. I’m thinking the Porsche site/app aren’t 100% correct and up to date with our cars. I should have my car in 32 days the site is saying but I have a feeling it will be much earlier, maybe a week or 2. My estimated arrival date to my South Florida dealer is 12-31-21.
I'm hoping the software is just lagging behind. I noticed last week when mine was supposed to start production on Friday, the app didn't reflect that until late monday or tuesday as I recall. I suspect the app is not updated in real time, so maybe this week we'll get some updates because, ya know, the Germans were celebrating Thanksgiving and took a few days off. lol
Old 11-28-2021 | 09:50 PM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LVPit
I feel like the Porsche tracking is all out of whack. I originally ordered my GT4 at the end of May 2021. At that time my sales guy told me it was slotted for a mid October delivery. Fast forward to October and he had no information for me. I made it through all of October without any updates (and obviously no car) and then in the first week of November I get an email from Porsche with a link to "track your dream". I thought that platform was great and wish my sales guy had shared it months prior.

Long story short, the tracking said it was on a ship with an estimated arrival of 12/17/2021. Earlier this past week I got a call saying that it was at the local Jacksonville port and two days later was told it was cleared for transport to the dealership. We finalized all the paperwork and it officially became mine on Friday, 11/26/2021. For HAHA's I checked the "track your dream" link and it's still showing that it's on a ship with the same estimated delivery of 12/17 so who really knows.
It's definitely "behind" and unfortunately there seems to be no rhyme or reason when cars get picked up from the port.

Mine arrived on November 6th, was cleared by the 9th and is still sitting at port as far as I know, despite the fact that my neighbor's BGTS 4.0, which arrived on the same boat has been in his garage for almost a week. Different dealerships, but still. Meanwhile, my Macan GTS, which arrived to port in October was cleared and on a truck and at my dealership within a week.

Very frustrating that I don't have my CGTS 4.0 yet, especially knowing it's just sitting at port.

So close and yet so far...
Old 11-28-2021 | 09:55 PM
Blainerunner
Advanced

maybe you'll get two, for the price of one! Ssssshhhh.
Old 11-29-2021 | 01:46 AM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Default t

My GT4 is on a Japanese car transport- not one of the Volkswagen owned or chartered ships and it ran at 12 knots from Emden to the Panama Canal and after exiting the canal started running at 19.8 knots and is rushing up the Coast of Mexico currently and should pass Cabo San Lucas tomorrow. The Pleiades Leader ( who makes up these ship names!) and should be in San Diego mid day On the first of December. The TYD still says it will be at the dealer on the 10th but my bet from the last two Porsches I watched and took delivery of this year - that it will be at the dealer probably by Friday. Ready for delivery maybe Monday or Tuesday the 9th. So the TYD may be fairly accurate after all.

The pics are of our Boxster GTS we picked up on Tuesday from PECLA. The last pic was sent by my son as a suggestion as too my inspiration for the blue body color wheels.

The following users liked this post:
Dan Nagy (12-01-2021)
Old 11-29-2021 | 01:15 PM
Nomoracin
Advanced

update...

my CGTS4.0 has made it to Emden!

curious though...how were people able to get their production pictures? i never received any nor could i ever find that other link...is this feature just for GT models or something?
Old 11-29-2021 | 01:30 PM
thuggo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nomoracin
update...

my CGTS4.0 has made it to Emden!

curious though...how were people able to get their production pictures? i never received any nor could i ever find that other link...is this feature just for GT models or something?
I've got a GT4 inbound(hopefully dealership in the next few days) and i've never gotten any pictures.
Old 11-29-2021 | 02:05 PM
CaptainFin
Instructor

You need to get setup on Track Your Dream with Porsche. Give PCNA a call and they should be able to set it up. You should then be able to retrieve pictures.
M2DAR2 (12-04-2021)
Old 11-29-2021 | 02:19 PM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by thuggo
I've got a GT4 inbound(hopefully dealership in the next few days) and i've never gotten any pictures.
Not everybody gets them it seems. That part of the system is even more dodgy than the TYD in general. Mine still shows I'm at phase 1 of 4 even though my car is done, has crossed the Atlantic, and is sitting at port.
Old 11-29-2021 | 03:32 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

My car started production on the 19th and was scheduled to complete it on the 26th. The app and website are acting odd today. I cannot get TYD to update, and the My.Porsche site is still showing phase 2 (starting production) from the 19th. This is the same whether I'm on my desktop or using the phone's app.

My friend has a GT4 allocation and his access is wonky as well. I seem to recall this was the case for me a week ago when I entered the next phase. I believe this is what happens when they are making updates.

@thuggo there are different places that show the pics and from what I can tell you need to click around. There are some embedded links that show the pics - at least I think. Some folks saw one pic and later clicked around and found 2 more.
Old 11-29-2021 | 03:38 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

I have had three Porsche sports cars built in 2021 and I never received a single photo from the factory. I did find a guy that works in the port of Emden and he actually found my car in the sea of 20,000 cars and sent me pics of it sitting there covered in snow last February.

In the parking lot waiting to load in Emden - Targa 4.

Also sent me pics of the interior as well- they never lock the cars while parked at the port.

Covered in German snow at the port of Emden.
AdamIsAdam (11-29-2021)
Old 11-29-2021 | 03:42 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

Too much to ask to share that guy's info? How many of us would love pics like these?!!! lol
Old 11-29-2021 | 04:01 PM
SlickxAC
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AdamIsAdam
My car started production on the 19th and was scheduled to complete it on the 26th. The app and website are acting odd today. I cannot get TYD to update, and the My.Porsche site is still showing phase 2 (starting production) from the 19th. This is the same whether I'm on my desktop or using the phone's app.

My friend has a GT4 allocation and his access is wonky as well. I seem to recall this was the case for me a week ago when I entered the next phase. I believe this is what happens when they are making updates.

@thuggo there are different places that show the pics and from what I can tell you need to click around. There are some embedded links that show the pics - at least I think. Some folks saw one pic and later clicked around and found 2 more.
Yep mine has been stuck on start production for like 2 weeks now.
Old 11-29-2021 | 05:21 PM
AdamIsAdam
Rennlist Member

They JUST updated TYD. My CGTS 4.0 is already at Emden according to this. It finished production on 11/24, ahead of schedule. That took only 5 days (lightly optioned car). It's ahead of schedule.

There's something else new to me that is, well, see for yourself. What's wrong with the second picture on my TYD?

Last edited by AdamIsAdam; 11-29-2021 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Added 2nd pic
Old 11-29-2021 | 05:33 PM
SlickxAC
Rennlist Member

@AdamIsAdam looks like they changed your order to a 992 GTS

my TYD has been stuck like this.

The following 2 users liked this post by SlickxAC:
AdamIsAdam (11-29-2021), Lucent (11-29-2021)
Old 11-29-2021 | 05:43 PM
Spyder Bite
Pro

Mine just updated to show that my Spyder is on the ship. TYD is a bit wonky with the ship location and routing. The ship is actually just off the coast of Europe being that it just left Emden a few days ago. The ship is heading to Brunswick and Santa Marta before crossing the Panama Canal and heading to California. TYD map shows the ship in the Pacific and traveling to Japan and then back to So Cal.

Quick Reply: Official Waiting Room for 718 Spyder / GT4 / GTS Delivery...