Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Dragy Leaderboard. How fast is your NA 718?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2021, 07:42 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 939 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
Im sure it sounds great and is a really good option for uncorking sound for the euro spec owners. It probably deserves its own thread because it sounds like a unique exhaust combination and its modular with the stock components like most other manufacturers. But id still like to see how these components allegedly make twice the hp. According to Johnny’s reply the dragy results he suggest that difference between stock and the BC fabs/dundon headers is half the difference between stock and his dragy run with a full built car. Unless that was just a sarcastic comment. All 3 of these systems were tested on the dyno by the manufacturers to produce similar results. Suggesting that other manufacturers use paying customers as their testing bed isnt quite accurate. There is a difference between independent verification of performance by the end consumer and the manufacturer, and a different value for these data. The JC manifolds must have magical primary designs if we are to interpret the data based on time alone. I also havent seen any posts by spyders on the dragy leaderboard phone app. Suggesting there is a “world’s fastest spyder” that runs 7s before it even exists on any social media platform indicates an intention to personally materialize that claim. A claim like that would indirectly imply that all the other exhaust manufacturers are inferior whether u like it or not. JC can theoretically go find that spyder, throw a dragy in it on a day with -200 DA, personally drive it to achieve a 7.xx, and then everyone will think that it makes twice the hp gains that can be experienced by regular owners in a broad range of atmospheric conditions. Im sorry but there needs to be some protection to the community from stuff like this. I have no problem with the cars running incredible times, thats the whole point of this thread... its how the information is interpreted and advertised that needs to be accurate for the community reading here
Posting times from the JCR car with me driving is really no different to the Dundon boys posting times from their car with Ted driving. Ted can clearly row gears like the best of the them, they will be in the 7's in no time and ultimately it's healthy competition that pushes us all harder, I'm all for it

Short of lining the cars up against one another on the same piece of tarmac there will always be some amount of interpretation of the results. That's difficult given our location. With that said, i'm more than happy to line our car up any out there should the opportunity arise.

Nothing particularly magical with our header design no. We went through three iterations during the design phase using our data to drive development and the resulting design is a function of real world testing on this application along with a ton of experience and knowledge. There's no guess work and certainly no direct inspiration from any other designs. We were the first to release so I suppose that goes without saying.

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube

Last edited by JCR-Porsche; 04-16-2021 at 07:44 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by JCR-Porsche:
kj71109 (04-16-2021), TDT (04-16-2021)
Old 04-16-2021, 07:57 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 453 Posts

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
Posting times from the JCR car with me driving is really no different to the Dundon boys posting times from their car with Ted driving. Ted can clearly row gears like the best of the them, they will be in the 7's in no time and ultimately it's healthy competition that pushes us all harder, I'm all for it

Short of lining the cars up against one another on the same piece of tarmac there will always be some amount of interpretation of the results. That's difficult given our location. With that said, i'm more than happy to line our car up any out there should the opportunity arise.

Nothing particularly magical with our header design no. We went through three iterations during the design phase using our data to drive development and the resulting design is a function of real world testing on this application along with a ton of experience and knowledge. There's no guess work and certainly no direct inspiration from any other designs. We were the first to release so I suppose that goes without saying.

JC
I hope the customer's spyder is super fast. Honestly. But if you use a DA of -200, and subsequently go on instagram posting "WORLDS FASTEST SPYDER" if you're driving the car actually IS different from how other people test and advertise their products. Dundon doesn't drive the customer cars for dragy times. They recognize the value of independent testing, as it validates and sets real world expectations. There's already posts here from another car running Dundon headers in a different zip code with the owner driving. I haven't seen any other individual testing data from someone running a JCR product, anywhere on social media except your full built race car with a racing driver. If you look at the global dragy leaderboard theres cars from all over the world posting times with Dundon mods in all sorts of environmental conditions.
Old 04-16-2021, 08:09 AM
JCviggen
Rennlist Member

Received 1,583 Likes on 610 Posts

I have a solution - only PDK cars allowed
The following 3 users liked this post by JCviggen:
JCR-Porsche (04-16-2021), Knutsm01 (04-16-2021), TDT (04-16-2021)
Old 04-16-2021, 08:12 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by JCviggen
Don't, you're costing me money!

JC
Old 04-16-2021, 09:11 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JCviggen
I think Johnny can drive a manual car faster than pdk to be honest 😂😂😂🥸
Old 04-16-2021, 09:13 AM
JonathanWalker
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 33 Posts

I hope the customer's spyder is super fast. Honestly. But if you use a DA of -200, and subsequently go on instagram posting "WORLDS FASTEST SPYDER" if you're driving the car actually IS different from how other people test and advertise their products. Dundon doesn't drive the customer cars for dragy times. They recognize the value of independent testing, as it validates and sets real world expectations. There's already posts here from another car running Dundon headers in a different zip code with the owner driving. I haven't seen any other individual testing data from someone running a JCR product, anywhere on social media except your full built race car with a racing driver. If you look at the global dragy leaderboard theres cars from all over the world posting times with Dundon mods in all sorts of environmental conditions.
Don't worry its me driving my own spyder with JCR parts fitted. i've a dragy on the way and should be with me tomorrow. Fingers crossed I can get out Monday and post you some times.
Old 04-16-2021, 09:14 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JonathanWalker
Don't worry its me driving my own spyder with JCR parts fitted. i've a dragy on the way and should be with me tomorrow. Fingers crossed I can get out Monday and post you some times.
Aliright awesome! Good luck man be safe.
Old 04-16-2021, 09:15 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I think Johnny can drive a manual car faster than pdk to be honest 😂😂😂🥸
That's definitely not true haha.. I would love to see a PDK car with our parts on it however it does seem that the manual cars might well be faster in this particular test

JC
Old 04-16-2021, 09:18 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
That's definitely not true haha.. I would love to see a PDK car with our parts on it however it does seem that the manual cars might well be faster in this particular test

JC
Im just complimenting the driving skills and messing around. I agree do think theres not much in it between pdk and manual on this platform in general, even with an average driver. Anyway man, hope u guys do some nice pulls on monday looking forward to it. Have a great weekend
Old 04-16-2021, 09:24 AM
JonathanWalker
Instructor

Im just complimenting the driving skills and messing around. I agree do think theres not much in it between pdk and manual on this platform in general, even with an average driver. Anyway man, hope u guys do some nice pulls on monday looking forward to it. Have a great weekend
Do you have any pulls with your full BC system on? Be interesting to compare
Old 04-16-2021, 09:32 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Do you have any pulls with your full BC system on? Be interesting to compare
no becaue the DA was 3000 while i had it on and i switched to the stock box before it cooled off
Old 04-16-2021, 09:43 AM
JonathanWalker
Instructor

no becaue the DA was 3000 while i had it on and i switched to the stock box before it cooled off
Shame
Old 04-16-2021, 09:49 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Shame
Agreed. Lots of people are seeing additional gains with the rear box. I would have loved to have received it a month earlier when i had alpins on and we had cold charged air. I wouldnt put it back on just for dragy runs at this point.
So are you running catless headers with stock monitored opf and the titanium x pipe? How is the CEL situation?
Old 04-16-2021, 09:54 AM
JonathanWalker
Instructor

Agreed. Lots of people are seeing additional gains with the rear box. I would have loved to have received it a month earlier when i had alpins on and we had cold charged air. I wouldnt put it back on just for dragy runs at this point.
So are you running catless headers with stock monitored opf and the titanium x pipe? How is the CEL situation?
You can send it me to test if you like.

At the moment im using - TITANIUM SILENCED VALVED RACE PIPE (INCONEL ROLLED TIPS) and getting fitted Monday morning the Inconel Race Manifolds. Ill be still running the stock monitored OPF
Old 04-16-2021, 09:57 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

You can send it me to test if you like.

At the moment im using - TITANIUM SILENCED VALVED RACE PIPE (INCONEL ROLLED TIPS) and getting fitted Monday morning the Inconel Race Manifolds. Ill be still running the stock monitored OPF
ok keep us posted. The rear pipe found a new home with a happy gt4 owner.
The following users liked this post:
JonathanWalker (04-16-2021)

Quick Reply: Official Dragy Leaderboard. How fast is your NA 718?