Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Official Dragy Leaderboard. How fast is your NA 718?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 02:28 PM
Ted@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 125 Likes on 68 Posts

That is moving! Great time Jonny. We'll get back to work over here
-Ted
Ted@dundonmotorsports.com
Dundon Motorsports
+1.253.200.4454

www.dundonmotorsports.com

The following 2 users liked this post by Ted@dundonmotorsports:
Rennolazine (04-15-2021), sobiloff (04-15-2021)
Old 04-15-2021, 04:33 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,479 Likes on 920 Posts

Originally Posted by Ted@dundonmotorsports
-Ted

Time to finish the rear muffler Ted!!!!!
The following users liked this post:
Cmcdaniel993 (04-18-2021)
Old 04-15-2021, 05:15 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 453 Posts

-Ted
You just need 1 hero run Ted!
Old 04-15-2021, 07:30 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 939 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by JCviggen
Yeah we're not going to beat that I don't think. Wasn't even entirely optimal as not a straight line.

Negative DA, light wheels and a slight downslope but still... that's a 991.1 GT3 time all day long.
There’s another tenth or two just from reducing drag. This was the flattest section of the circuit with the necessary space to perform the tests.

As much fun as it is demonstrating this I’m just not prepared to run on the street, even though it would do a 7.2X (apparently)

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
Nicely done lads! Remember when i first messaged you i said mid 7s was possible and faster than the 992 c2s. So i will add this at the top spot. For mods i have catted inconel manifolds, titanium race pipe, bbs fi-r. Hood/wing. Stock ecu. Is this correct?
All seems correct

Yeah..... no .... im not beating that **** with only headers and everything else stock that Jcr car is a weapon, full build. I wanna say at least 1/2 the time difference is the shifts also
We have a customer with a Spyder with only our inconel manifolds (stock OPF) and valved rear running comfortable 7’s too. Expecting to meet up soon so will throw the draggy in the car and do a recording

@JCR-Porsche Did u also get a 60-130 mph by any chance? Just switch units to mph it should be auto captured...
I lifted just after 200kph, was focussing on those dedicated runs

-Ted
Cheers, keep it coming. I’m sure you’ll be in the 7’s in no time

You just need 1 hero run Ted!
I ran 5 runs within 0.14 of one another trying different shift points. Only thing I found was the car doesn’t like it if you shift too quickly and actually seems to cut torque for a moment after the shift

JC

/
/ / JCR PORSCHE \ \ \

contact@jcr-developments.com

Facebook | Instagram | Youtube
The following users liked this post:
kj71109 (04-16-2021)
Old 04-15-2021, 07:49 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JCR-Porsche
We have a customer with a Spyder with only our inconel manifolds (stock OPF) and valved rear running comfortable 7’s too. Expecting to meet up soon so will throw the draggy in the car and do a recording

JC
Thats a very bold claim. Maybe if the DA is -100 to -200 meters and youre driving. 1 second improvement over stock on one of these pulls is like 70 hp. But i still wouldnt believe a regular spyder owner with opf in place and stock length manifolds is “comfortably running 7s” unless the car is tuned or had other mods. 100%. That has to be purely DA/driver dependent. Remember, when u sell these manifolds to the general
public someone will buy them and try to reproduce the results. If you are so certain that this configuration will comfortably run 7s, send me a set and i will pay to uninstall mine, slap
the opf cans back on, test them and ship them back to you. We are gonna have negative DAs next week if you want

Last edited by Rennolazine; 04-15-2021 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-15-2021, 08:29 PM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thats a very bold claim. Maybe if the DA is -100 to -200 meters and youre driving. 1 second improvement over stock on one of these pulls is like 70 hp. But i still wouldnt believe a regular spyder owner with opf in place and stock length manifolds is “comfortably running 7s” unless the car is tuned or had other mods. 100%. That has to be purely DA/driver dependent. Remember, when u sell these manifolds to the general
public someone will buy them and try to reproduce the results. If you are so certain that this configuration will comfortably run 7s, send me a set and i will pay to uninstall mine, slap
the opf cans back on, test them and ship them back to you. We are gonna have negative DAs next week if you want
I’ve no reason to lie, all our claims we continue to prove over and over. A 7.47s 100-200kph time would have been a bold claim had I not just posted a video of it happening

It works both ways remember, you’ve essentially just suggested that our 718 GT4 has 35/40hp more than your car based on the ‘~70hp per second’ you mention above with our comparative 100-200kph times.

As I’m sure you well know it’s diminishing returns when it comes to this stuff and the amount of additional power required to drop your stock time of an 8.85 down to a 8.02 isn’t dissimilar to the power delta required to drop from an 8.02 down to a 7.47. With that in mind, it could be that you’re correct with that calculation.

It’s also worth baring in mind that, in our experience at least, stock 718 Spyders are faster than GT4’s too when it comes to straight lines mostly likely thanks to being a little more slippery. To the tune of approx 0.15 - 0.2s

I do appreciate the offer to test our parts but that’s why we invest in owning cars and spending £50k a year on track time alone to allow us the necessary time and platform to throughly test ourselves during the development process of each and every product that we release.

I simply wouldn’t dream of expecting a paying (or otherwise) customer and/or owner to act as our test bed or to test products on their personal cars on our behalf. Too many variables and too much risk in my opinion.

JC
The following 2 users liked this post by JCR-Porsche:
kj71109 (04-16-2021), TDT (04-16-2021)
Old 04-15-2021, 08:45 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

I’ve no reason to lie, all our claims we continue to prove over and over. A 7.47s 100-200kph time would have been a bold claim had I not just posted a video of it happening

It works both ways remember, you’ve essentially just suggested that our 718 GT4 has 35/40hp more than your car based on the ‘~70hp per second’ you mention above with our comparative 100-200kph times.

As I’m sure you well know it’s diminishing returns when it comes to this stuff and the amount of additional power required to drop your stock time of an 8.85 down to a 8.02 isn’t dissimilar to the power delta required to drop from an 8.02 down to a 7.47. With that in mind, it could be that you’re correct with that calculation.

It’s also worth baring in mind that, in our experience at least, stock 718 Spyders are faster than GT4’s too when it comes to straight lines mostly likely thanks to being a little more slippery. To the tune of approx 0.15 - 0.2s

I do appreciate the offer to test our parts but that’s why we invest in owning cars and spending £50k a year on track time alone to allow us the necessary time and platform to throughly test ourselves during the development process of each and every product that we release.

I simply wouldn’t dream of expecting a paying (or otherwise) customer and/or owner to act as our test bed or to test products on their personal cars on our behalf. Too many variables and too much risk in my opinion.

JC
Im not calling you a liar on the data you provided. Im pumped, happy, and super excited that your car can floss a 991.2 GT3, its great for 718 owners and Porsche could have capped off the ECU, which would have rendered the 718 header business null. I told you this car can run 7.5 around 8 months ago. I'll find the conversation on instagram. But there is a difference between me independently testing a product in a different country and you throwing a dragy in your customers car so he can run a time you are certain he can run, when its not that easy to do, and he doesnt even own a dragy apparently because he needs to use yours. Its not a controlled unbiased situation. Also, my car has more in it (258 meters of air density vs your time~856 ft), and I have zero other mods other than catted downpipes, while you have easily 40k GBP in weight saving mods including rotational mass, exotic lightweight metals in the entire exhaust system, and drag reducing aerodynamics. You are also a pro racing driver with unlimited access to tracks to do runs back to back to back with literally the perfect weather right now. All of this is critically relevant. Furthermore, there is a 1 second delta between the your best time with an inferior DA, when you were running catless on track. This demonstrates that DA matters if the ECU is stock. You get what the car gives you without a tune. But a DA of -200 is rare, and does in fact add significant HP to an NA car by unlocking the highest fuel trims. This is my R8 with a DA of 73m (not even negative), its punching way above its weight. Stock tune btw.

Last edited by Rennolazine; 04-16-2021 at 07:04 AM.
Old 04-15-2021, 08:59 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Oct 2020....

Last edited by Rennolazine; 04-15-2021 at 09:35 PM.
Old 04-16-2021, 02:07 AM
JCviggen
Rennlist Member

Received 1,583 Likes on 610 Posts

Screw the Dragy I want to know what this sounds like.
Old 04-16-2021, 06:02 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Im sure it sounds great and is a really good option for uncorking sound for the euro spec owners. It probably deserves its own thread because it sounds like a unique exhaust combination and its modular with the stock components like most other manufacturers. But id still like to see how these components allegedly make twice the hp. According to Johnny’s reply the dragy results he suggest that difference between stock and the BC fabs/dundon headers is half the difference between stock and his dragy run with a full built car. Unless that was just a sarcastic comment. All 3 of these systems were tested on the dyno by the manufacturers to produce similar results. Suggesting that other manufacturers use paying customers as their testing bed isnt quite accurate. There is a difference between independent verification of performance by the end consumer and the manufacturer, and a different value for these data. The JC manifolds must have magical primary designs if we are to interpret the data based on time alone. I also havent seen any posts by spyders on the dragy leaderboard phone app. Suggesting there is a “world’s fastest spyder” that runs 7s before it even exists on any social media platform indicates an intention to personally materialize that claim. A claim like that would indirectly imply that all the other exhaust manufacturers are inferior whether u like it or not. JC can theoretically go find that spyder, throw a dragy in it on a day with -200 DA, personally drive it to achieve a 7.xx, and then everyone will think that it makes twice the hp gains that can be experienced by regular owners in a broad range of atmospheric conditions. Im sorry but there needs to be some protection to the community from stuff like this. I have no problem with the cars running incredible times, thats the whole point of this thread... its how the information is interpreted and advertised that needs to be accurate for the community reading here

Last edited by Rennolazine; 04-16-2021 at 06:39 AM.
Old 04-16-2021, 07:04 AM
JCR-Porsche
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Im not calling you a liar on the data you provided. Im pumped, happy, and super excited that your car can floss a 991.2 GT3, its great for 718 owners and Porsche could have capped off the ECU, which would have rendered your header business (and every other 718 manufacturer's business) null. I told you this car can run 7s around 9 months ago, and you didnt believe me. I'll find the conversation on instagram. But there is a difference between me independently testing a product in a different country and you throwing a dragy in your customers car so he can run a time you are certain he can run, when its not that easy to do, and he doesnt even own a dragy apparently because he needs to use yours. Its not controlled, my man. Also, my car has more in it (almost 300 meters of air density vs your time~1000 ft), and I have literally zero other mods other than catted downpipes, while you have easily 40k GBP in weight saving mods including rotational mass, exotic lightweight metals in the entire exhaust system, and drag reducing aerodynamics. And youre a pro racing driver with unlimited access to tracks to snap off 20 runs back to back to back with literally the perfect weather right now. I think Ive done 6 total over 2 weeks. Furthermore, there is a 1 second delta between the your best time with a worse DA, when you were running catless, regardless of whether you were ready for it, demonstrates that DA matters if the ECU is stock. You get what the car gives you. Ill post some worse times too if it makes you feel better. But a DA of -200 is a rare bird, and does in fact add significant HP to an NA car. This is my R8 with a DA of 73m (not even negative), its punching way above its weight. Stock tune btw. As an average consumer, I wouldn't believe your customer is running a 7 unless you were in a different zip code, especially since you couldnt do it the first time on track with the full system. Sorry, but thats just my opinion.

Let's be honest, posting these times is fun way to introduce some healthy competition but the reason we use Dragy is for some consistency. If we make excuses then really the leaderboard is a little pointless. "pro driver, your wheels, exotic materials, your gear changes etc etc etc" Our car with the cats removed is even faster but I wanted to run cats as thats one less thing to be mentioned.

Our previous time thats on the board you're more than aware was just an excerpt from running laps fast laps, phone in my pocket whilst lapping. Dedicated 100-200kph runs are faster and more relevant, we both know that. I previously mentioned I really didn't fully appreciate that time would be used in an 'official' leaderboard when you asked me to share it. I did explain the fact that I had a passenger in the car, it was warmer, it was uphill and super windy, no excuses here just an explanation for the delta between those two times, the car hasn't all of a sudden become a ton faster

In terms of the aero, our rear wing is more draggy than stock thanks to the gurney, the bonnet is a smidge over 2kg lighter than stock and I think we both know a set of wheels isn't worth time in a 100-200kph sprint. Suspension makes no difference and the discs are marginally lighter than the factory PCCB. This is power that's doing the talking.

Ill run a time and post it and prove my statement that the customers Spyder with JCR Inconel Race Manifolds, Stock OPF (link pipes) and JCR Silenced Valved rear (and no other mods) will run a comfortable 7. I guess you might explain a number of reasons why it doesn't count afterwards but such is life

Oct 2020....

If you remember, the underlying reason for that post was due to a few characters suggesting that our dyno numbers were bogus when we released them, im sure you've seen the posts and watched the videos. I said "it would be extremely difficult to flat our deny that a 718 GT4 running in the mid to high 7's 100-200kph isn't running the claimed power we shared" I think sharing the 7.47 time has proved that statement to be true so I stand by it

Exactly, I'm much happier with the fact that we dipped into the 2:15's around Silverstone GP yesterday with the new Cup2 Connect and latest suspension changes.. The draggy runs I spent the last 15 minutes of the day on once it was quiet on track and we had completed our test programme.

The Spyder sounds awesome with the manifolds installed, just a more racy and louder version of our rear.. I've spoken to the customer and he's kindly agreed to coming along to Silverstone on Monday. We will run some times and ill grab a ton of video too.

Any requests for videos, times, images please do let me know and I'll do my best to include on Monday too. I would much rather cover all the bases so that the times can't be doubted.

JC
The following 3 users liked this post by JCR-Porsche:
JCviggen (04-16-2021), kj71109 (04-16-2021), Knutsm01 (04-16-2021)
Old 04-16-2021, 07:09 AM
JCviggen
Rennlist Member

Received 1,583 Likes on 610 Posts

The JC manifolds must have magical primary designs if we are to interpret the data based on time alone.
I for one don't believe in magic. There will me a manifold design that is perfect and the closer to perfect the more power it will make but we would be talking about a couple HP because the low hanging fruit is easy to get for everyone. You can't tell me that if you put three cars alongside each other with race headers from well known companies that any one of them will leave the others in the dust. They'll make similar power from ditching the stock restrictions and a handful of extra HP does not translate much into outright visual acceleration differences.

The gap between your car and the fully built JCR isn't that big either when you look at it in perspective. About 6 tenths, and the JCR car is lighter plus much lighter wheels which helps acceleration even more than shedding regular non-rotating weight. Given the very fast shifting by J being worth a tenth or two easily all you're looking at is 3-4 tenths from a lighter car with a little more power. And that little extra power comes at a cost with the sound level being very much aimed at racetrack use (and not even any tracks with moderately strict noise restrictions)
Old 04-16-2021, 07:10 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

All the times count Johnny. Thats why i made this thread. Im happy these cars have so much potential. No excuses needed and i definitely dont need to have the fastest spyder. If my posts indicate otherwise please understand I am just getting fired up to document things accurately. There is no denying until tunes, built motors, and short ratio cars start popping up on this thread the JC time will likely stand.
Old 04-16-2021, 07:18 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

“Any requests for videos, times, images please do let me know and I'll do my best to include on Monday too. I would much rather cover all the bases so that the times can't be doubted.”

There is no doubt the car does whatever u post. I would never say you didnt perform that run. We will know who is driving and what the conditions were from the dragy tracing
Old 04-16-2021, 07:29 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

I for one don't believe in magic. There will me a manifold design that is perfect and the closer to perfect the more power it will make but we would be talking about a couple HP because the low hanging fruit is easy to get for everyone. You can't tell me that if you put three cars alongside each other with race headers from well known companies that any one of them will leave the others in the dust. They'll make similar power from ditching the stock restrictions and a handful of extra HP does not translate much into outright visual acceleration differences.

The gap between your car and the fully built JCR isn't that big either when you look at it in perspective. About 6 tenths, and the JCR car is lighter plus much lighter wheels which helps acceleration even more than shedding regular non-rotating weight. Given the very fast shifting by J being worth a tenth or two easily all you're looking at is 3-4 tenths from a lighter car with a little more power. And that little extra power comes at a cost with the sound level being very much aimed at racetrack use (and not even any tracks with moderately strict noise restrictions)
Exactly

Quick Reply: Official Dragy Leaderboard. How fast is your NA 718?