Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Has anyone found an exhaust solution they absolutely love?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2023, 02:53 PM
Jay Cordeiro
Racer

Received 165 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Fabspeed

Hi does anyone have experience with Fabspeed exhaust on a GT4RS? Specifically looking at:

Fabspeed Porsche 718 GT4 RS RENNKRAFT™ Long Tube Header System (2022+) SKU:FS.POR.718GT4RS.HDR.XX
HP (whp) / (crank):+48 / 53TQ (ft/lbs):+54
WT (lbs) / (KGs)::-5 / 2.3
https://www.fabspeed.com/fabspeed-po...r-system-2022/

Finding those performance increases a little to good. I would like some real world reviews.
Thanks
Old 05-24-2023, 03:11 PM
Alpha Ice
Burning Brakes

Received 458 Likes on 285 Posts

I'd still encourage folks to go with a Kline or JCR system, the sound (and sadly the higher price) is a nice improvement over the Soul & Fabspeed systems, but again the materials are much nicer inconel/titanium, and those require a lot more labor to produce.
The following users liked this post:
SupremePower (05-24-2023)
Old 05-24-2023, 03:16 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,398 Likes on 2,210 Posts

Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
I'd still encourage folks to go with a Kline or JCR system, the sound (and sadly the higher price) is a nice improvement over the Soul & Fabspeed systems, but again the materials are much nicer inconel/titanium, and those require a lot more labor to produce.
I think people need to be clear on their priorities then go from there.... and even then you can get a miss!
tigerhonaker (05-25-2023)
Old 05-24-2023, 03:27 PM
Jay Cordeiro
Racer

Received 165 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
I'd still encourage folks to go with a Kline or JCR system
Sorry, frankly I don't care about sound, it already sounds good enough. I care about weight and power. I am looking for performance. If anyone knows and can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Inconel or titanium would be preferable.

Last edited by Jay Cordeiro; 05-24-2023 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-24-2023, 03:43 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,388 Likes on 816 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Cordeiro
Sorry, frankly I don't care about sound, it already sounds good enough. I care about weight and power. I am looking for performance. If anyone knows and can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

PM inbound. Kline Inconel in stock

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Old 05-24-2023, 09:43 PM
Alpha Ice
Burning Brakes

Received 458 Likes on 285 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay Cordeiro

Price and performance go hand in hand, and the letters you need to know are JCR. But I agree with Uncledude, priorities are important. I personally didn't think the factory sounded great with the rear box that didn't mix the cylinder banks, and was fairly muted with the valves. Running the valves full open didn't really do anything for me either, but after doing the JCR manifolds and checking them out, fit and finish and getting a feel for the performance I was already in heaven. I still needed to fix the actual tone of the exhaust, and while I was preferential to going to the valved race pipe, I figured for a few more grand I would save another 15-25 lbs of weight. All together I believe the weight savings was in the 60lb range, and Jonny had dynoe'd the car to be approx 475 at the crank pre tune (this was in the fall of 2021 with all the items).
Manifolds
  • -4.77kg (10.52lbs) Weight Reduction vs OEM
  • +33.42WHP & +29.77WTQ (38.43HP/34.23TQ) vs OEM Exhaust Manifolds
Rear Lightweight pipe - Silenced, with cats (this combo is a bit louder, removes the valves, but is also the lightest. There are a lot of combination options).
  • -21.16kg Weight Saving vs OEM Rear Silencer
  • 25HP & 22TQ Increase
Valved Race Exhaust - if you wanted something less aggressive for a rear exhaust (would not replace the factory OAPS)
  • 15HP & 6TQ Increase
  • -9.86kg Weight Saving vs OEM Rear Silencer
Jay Cordeiro (05-25-2023)
Old 05-24-2023, 10:59 PM
jmartpr
Rennlist Member

Received 1,474 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleDude
I think people need to be clear on their priorities then go from there.... and even then you can get a miss!

been there, done that....several times!!!!!
The following 3 users liked this post by jmartpr:
MechEngr1287 (05-24-2023), tigerhonaker (05-25-2023), UncleDude (05-24-2023)
Old 05-25-2023, 11:50 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,475 Likes on 823 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by UncleDude
UncleDude,

Absolutely !!!

You know if we were all willing to be 100% honest there probably is not a perfect after-market exhaust.

Some like I have one DEFINITELY has to be willing to adjust their driving.

In-Fact I'll go as far as stating if the owner is not willing to adjust their driving they will within a short period of time sale what they just purchased IMHO.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 05-25-2023 at 11:53 AM.
BabyNSX (05-25-2023)
Old 05-25-2023, 12:36 PM
BabyNSX
Rennlist Member

Received 631 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
UncleDude,

Absolutely !!!

You know if we were all willing to be 100% honest there probably is not a perfect after-market exhaust.

In-Fact I'll go as far as stating if the owner is not willing to adjust their driving they will within a short period of time sale what they just purchased IMHO.

Terry
This resonates very well with my experience with the Dundon setup. Like many header/OAP setups, if you operate with the valves open ALL the time then you are going to be simply making a lot of noise wherever and whenever you drive the car; however, with the valves closed you can absolutely live with this setup all day long and be producing just incrementally more noise that the stock setup.

With the OE setup I had to drive around with the PSE enabled all the time just to give the car a bit of character while with Dundon (and similar setups) you have a system that can go to 11 and interact with the car differently depending on what my surroundings are and what mood I'm in.

Old 05-25-2023, 12:59 PM
smithsonga
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 27 Posts

I’m 110% happy with sound and performance of my Soul headers and race exhaust. Tons of compliments on the sound. It’s incredible. I wouldn’t spend anymore $ unless you are obsessed with weight and want titanium.
Old 05-25-2023, 01:34 PM
rcfun33
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 66 Posts

@Alpha Ice I am also most interested in weight/performance. I thought I wanted a valved system to not annoy the neighbors. I assume you are happy with the volume of your car for around town driving. I guess with the catted/silenced version it probably isn't ridiculously loud. What are your thoughts in that area?

My other question is related to using titanium in the link pipes. Titanium gets brittle with heat and will crack. I had expected to use Inconel for the link pipes and titanium only for the rear section. Do you know what the warranty is? Do you have any concerns in this area?

Dave

Old 05-25-2023, 01:51 PM
BoxKing
Rennlist Member

Received 801 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by smithsonga
I’m 110% happy with sound and performance of my Soul headers and race exhaust. Tons of compliments on the sound. It’s incredible. I wouldn’t spend anymore $ unless you are obsessed with weight and want titanium.
This combination (SOUL) damn near hits the price point of the Kline Inconel OAP + Rear.... I did recently hear your setup locally on another 4.0, and I too found it to sound nice!

More important is the amount one is willing to spend to achieve, or get as close to what they want. I feel your budget is the most important factor. Most X-Pipe back box designs run ~$5000 +/-, and OAP's range from ~$1700-$2300 (only popular solutions accounted for). So, if you only want to spend sub $5K on both OAP+Rear (NEW), your only option is Kline SS - not too shabby of a choice. If your budget is sub $3K (NEW) - go for an OAP setup, BMC intake filters, PSE valve controller (or the cheaper collar mod).

One thing one must love, is their choice - hence why most (like myself) feel their setup is, if not one of the best. You bought it, its going to sound great, you probably spent some damn good coin, so enjoy your choice to the fullest

IMO, there are only a few choices when it comes down to the most loved, and tried/tested out there.
In no particular order:

SOUL (OAP, REAR)
JCR (REAR)
KLINE (OAP+REAR, only sold as a pair) SS/Inconel

Common theme on the rear boxes listed is X PIPE designs.

Old 05-25-2023, 02:11 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,398 Likes on 2,210 Posts

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
UncleDude,

Absolutely !!!

Terry
I think that is true, and I've been on that end of the spectrum. I can say with 100% honesty though, with the Kline system you can drive it exactly like stock. If the Kline had not worked out for me, I'd have just kept the stock system. 4 years in on this model, there is plenty of choice now and lots of feedback given. I've tried to be straight up honest with mine, and I know you have too.
The following 2 users liked this post by UncleDude:
SupremePower (05-25-2023), tigerhonaker (05-25-2023)
Old 05-25-2023, 03:09 PM
Montaver
Rennlist Member

Received 512 Likes on 249 Posts

Kline is the GOAT for this platform in every respect. Sound, quality, value. Don't bother with just OAP's, do it once and do it right.
The following 2 users liked this post by Montaver:
BoxKing (05-25-2023), SupremePower (05-25-2023)
Old 05-25-2023, 03:31 PM
SpyderSenseOC
Rennlist Member

Received 1,340 Likes on 802 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxKing
... if you only want to spend sub $5K on both OAP+Rear (NEW), your only option is Kline SS - not too shabby of a choice.
Kline OAP and back box can be had for sub-$5K? I did not know that.

Quick Reply: Has anyone found an exhaust solution they absolutely love?