Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 08:28 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,495 Likes on 833 Posts
Thumbs up Suncoast Parts.com/SUNCOAST PORCHE . SARASOTA, FL ... Mats are here

Greetings,

No need for a lot of words other than to say Guys these Racing Yellow Porsche OEM Mats are exactly what I was hoping they would be.

They look Great and the Racing Yellow stitching against the Black stands out nicely.

Absolutely no disappointments at all in-fact these are even better than I was hoping for and after seeing them in person I'm glad I have ended-up with two (2) complete sets.

A 100% totally satisfied fellow,
Terry
The following 2 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
DP8 (05-27-2021), slilley (05-15-2021)
Old 05-14-2021, 08:36 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Similar to the Lloyds but not as plush, which is ok if you like thin mats that wear out easily - wear socks:

Old 05-15-2021, 12:49 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Similar to the Lloyds but not as plush, which is ok if you like thin mats that wear out easily - wear socks:

Greetings Bob,

Well there is No-Doubt that the Lloyd mats are Super Nice.

As I have had a lot of those over the years in a number of different models.

You know I actually think this time around the OEM Porsche mats are going to be just fine for me.
I'm retired and the GT4 is in away like having a motorcycle that you take out when the weather is nice and your in the right frame of mind.
The last two Performance cars I had only had like 2,000 miles on them after two years of ownership.
So, given my past driving record I really doubt I'll have to be overly concerned on wearing the Porsche OEM mats out.

The two cars below are what I spoke of above ^^^

Terry
The following users liked this post:
josephr25 (05-15-2021)
Old 05-15-2021, 12:57 PM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Received 696 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Greetings Bob,

You know I actually think this time around the OEM Porsche mats are going to be just fine for me.
I'm retired and the GT4 is in away like having a motorcycle that you take out when the weather is nice and your in the right frame of mind.
The last two Performance cars I had only had like 2,000 miles on them after two years of ownership.
So, given my past driving record I really doubt I'll have to be overly concerned on wearing the Porsche OEM mats out.

Terry
I’m upgrading myself from an Audi S3 to the BGTS. Almost the same as your upgrade from RS3 to GT4. Both your cars one notch above mine on the Totem pole
Old 05-15-2021, 01:17 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Greetings Bob,

Terry
Just messing with you!
Old 05-15-2021, 01:26 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by P-car-Vancouver
I’m upgrading myself from an Audi S3 to the BGTS.
Almost the same as your upgrade from RS3 to GT4.
Both your cars one notch above mine on the Totem pole
P-car-Vancouver,

You know I appreciate your comments but in my case I am Way-way down on a lot of these Rennlist.com members as they have and had so many Super-High-End models.
My GT4 in comparison to those having the GT3 RS or the GT2 RS is like Apples to Oranges.

My opinion is we all I think for the most part get what our wallets will allow.

Enjoy your Machines buddy.

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Just messing with you!
Hey Bob Z,

You know by now I'm so easy you can mess with me any-ole-time pal.

Terry
P-car-Vancouver (05-16-2021)
Old 05-15-2021, 03:50 PM
josephr25
Burning Brakes

Received 631 Likes on 288 Posts

Love that Hellcat
tigerhonaker (05-22-2021)
Old 05-22-2021, 02:32 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Default Just heard from my SA Matt regarding the Michelin PS4S switch from Cup 2 ...

Saturday May 22nd,

Well Matt just got back to me on my inquiry on switching from the Michelin Cup 2 tires to the Much-much more Streetable PS4S tires.
As I posted I didn't expect them to do anything after seeing how dealers work over the years.
And to No-Surprise they are not going to do anything.

Matt's response,
I was able speak with both Cody and our parts manager to get their decision regarding the tire exchange.
As I stated before once the tires are unmounted they are considered a used tire, and does not matter if the tire has 8 miles on it or 8,000 miles.
We cannot resale those tires to another customer without disclosing this information.
So we will not be able to accommodate your request to have the tire difference credited to an exchange for the less expensive Pilot Sport 4S’s.

If you are still wanting to swap tires as soon as the GT4 arrives we can have them put on before any vendor work will be done to the vehicle.
Or if you would like the cup2 to stay on while the car is being worked on we can wait for that to be the last item exchanged on the GT4.
Just let me know so I can have your GT4’s itinerary updated properly.
I did get back to Matt and the parts Manager will order me the complete set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires.
They will make sure they arrive before the GT4 so they can be switched before the GT4 is even PDI.
And certainly before any 3rd party shops do any of their work to it.
No miles will be put on the Cup 2 tires ..............

They will simply drop off to me the take-off Cup 2 tires and I will be listing those for sale here on RL.
I'm going to attempt to get them sold long before the GT4 arrives so all I have to do is Ship them to the Purchaser.
Since I don't really want the tire sale to go on and on and on ............
I'm going to price them what I consider aggressive !!!

Also from my Main-Man, Matt Giorgio he mentioned the following on the GT4 and it's tracking schedule.
Matt's
Updates:
Your clear side markers are here and being held for you, and will be installed before sending to get the coatings applied.

The induction covers will arrive Monday and I have our paint vendor scheduled to have them completed on Thursday.

We will keep them stored in a climate controlled space inside our parts room.

Next V status update for your GT4 will go into V250 status, which is currently scheduled 05/28/2021
I'll post this in the proper area see below,

The Rennlist Marketplace

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1252427

That's the latest guys,
Terry

Old 05-27-2021, 10:49 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Default Michelin Cup 2 tires are SOLD ...........

Guys,

The personal check from Randy arrived and was deposited.
It also cleared my account.
I did go back to the RL Classified Section for Parts and brought the Thread up to date a few minutes ago.
That Link is below,
https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1252427#post17456080

I also would like to cover why I went with the Michelin PS4S tires.

(1) They perform excellent for performance in the DRY.

(2) They also excel for overall performance in the WET.

(3) And this is really important to me since my GT4 will be driven on the street, they are a lot Quieter than the Cup 2 tires.

(4) Bonus they are rated for wear to be 300 VS Cup 2 rated at 180 for wear.

I have watched a lot of videos by Tire Reviewers as well as Michelin comparing the Cup 2 to the PS4S.
And what I have gathered is ..........
If your Mainly Tracking your Porsche and you are looking for Maximum Low Times then the Cup 2 is definitely the correct choice.
If you are not at the expert level and going occasionally to the track but mainly street use the PS4S is the Much-much better choice.
And lastly if you are like me and know your going to not be Tracking your Porsche then Common-Sense should prevail and the PS4S is absolutely the Best-Choice.

Terry
P-car-Vancouver (05-27-2021)
Old 05-27-2021, 12:57 PM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Received 695 Likes on 299 Posts

Guys,

I did go back to the RL Classified Section for Parts and brought the Thread up to date a few minutes ago.
That Link is below,

(3) And this is really important to me since my GT4 will be driven on the street, they are a lot Quieter than the Cup 2 tires.

I have watched a lot of videos by Tire Reviewers as well as Michelin comparing the Cup 2 to the PS4S.
If your Mainly Tracking your Porsche and you are looking for Maximum Low Times then the Cup 2 is definitely the correct choice.
If you are not at the expert level and going occasionally to the track but mainly street use the PS4S is the Much-much better choice.
And lastly if you are like me and know your going to not be Tracking your Porsche then Common-Sense should prevail and the PS4S is absolutely the Best-Choice.

Terry

I put MIchelin PS4S on my Aston Martin V8 Vantage and they are incredible tires, tons of grip and a massive upgrade in ride quality and noise from the OEM Bridgestones
tigerhonaker (05-27-2021)
Old 05-27-2021, 01:05 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Guys,

That Link is below,

Terry
Originally Posted by smegman
I put MIchelin PS4S on my Aston Martin V8 Vantage and they are incredible tires, tons of grip and a massive upgrade in ride quality and noise from the OEM Bridgestones
smegman,

Thanks for your post and comments on the PS4S tires.
I spent a lot and I do mean a lot of time on researching both the Cup 2 and the PS4S tires.
That's Professional reviews as well as a lot of videos including from Michelin comparing the two.
There is no doubt that the PS4S tires are the best choice for overall use.

The Cup 2 is actually tires for the guys that are in the Expert-Class and going for Super-Low-Times on the Track.

I wished Porsche would have given us a choice of either tires like they do with the Spyder.
That would have been great as when your GT4 arrives it would already be set by the Manufacturer.

Terry
Old 05-27-2021, 01:19 PM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Received 695 Likes on 299 Posts

I plan on burning through my Cup 2's and then slapping on PS4S

unless i somehow get into racing
Old 05-28-2021, 10:25 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Smile

Originally Posted by smegman
I plan on burning through my Cup 2's and then slapping on PS4S

unless i somehow get into racing
Well if you do get into Tracking your's then another set of the Cup 2 tires will be an excellent choice for sure.

No actual wrong choices it's all about application.

Terry
Old 05-29-2021, 01:28 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Guys,

That Link is below,

Terry
I did overlook something doing the above post on the reasons I prefer the PS4S tires over the Cup 2.

(5) Cup 2 (Tread Depth) is 7.2/32" VS the PS4S (Tread Depth) of 9.5/32" ............

So my thinking is I think the added Tread-Depth Contributes to what's reported as a Smoother-Ride than the Cup 2 on the street.

Taking all the mentioned above advantages to running the PS4S tires on the Street to me I am a little surprised that Porsche did not offer both tire choices for the GT4 like they did for the Spyder.

Of course one could look at the way the GT4 is Marketed and that's a Race/Track Porsche not actually presented as a Street-Car.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 05-29-2021 at 01:30 PM.
Old 06-07-2021, 07:16 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up Guys, just got my latest Porsche Cayman 718 GT4 "Tracking" Up-Dates see below .....

Guys,

Matt Giorgio my Porsche SA sent me the following to Brighten up my 76-years old Birthday today.
Like I have posted before this guy Always-always takes care of business.
Below is current Tracking information as well as some pictures of the GT4 Side-Air-Vents that have arrived.
Off to the body-shop they go to turn those to Porsche Gloss Black adding contrast to the Racing Yellow.

Oh and my wife (Cathy) baked me a Bundt Cake in Yellow to match my GT4 coming as a SURPRISE.

Terry
The following 5 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
CaymanMatt (06-09-2021), Elegant (06-08-2021), FASTRKMAN (06-09-2021), P-car-Vancouver (06-07-2021), StilettoPat (06-09-2021)

Quick Reply: GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker