Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2021 | 09:58 AM
slilley
Rennlist Member

Wow, I had no idea the Antigravity batteries were that expensive...over $1,250 for the larger battery and shipping (and presumably the stock size would still be around $1,000). When the technician does the swap, let us know what the weight savings was? Also, what was the reason for the swap - I doubt it was weight savings or you would have gone with the stock size. Thanks for sharing!
Old 11-10-2021 | 11:40 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by slilley
Wow, I had no idea the Antigravity batteries were that expensive...over $1,250 for the larger battery and shipping (and presumably the stock size would still be around $1,000). When the technician does the swap, let us know what the weight savings was? Also, what was the reason for the swap - I doubt it was weight savings or you would have gone with the stock size. Thanks for sharing!
slilley,

No the weight of the H7 80Ah Antigravity Lithium battery with 2,000 cranking-amps was never-ever a worry/concern.
I simply wanted to get the highest capacity AG battery that would fit in the GT4 battery box.
As you said the AG smaller size is like $1,000 so my thought was why not go with the H7 80Ah W/2000 cranking amps and be done long term.

Sorry I don't have a clue what the real-world weight difference will be from the stock battery to the AG H7 Lithium battery.
And this next comment is not meant at all to come across as me being a smart-*** so please don't take it that way.
As I said I don't care what the AG H7 weighs as I am not tracking and or racing my GT4.
I'm looking for spending 1-time for the Highest-Capacity AG battery that will fit.

I used Google on my Samsung Galaxy 9 cellphone and Google on my HP desk-top-computer this is what I found.
Don't promise this is correct but it appears to be correct from multiple sources.

Stock battery: ...................................... 45.4 Lbs.
Antigravity H7 80Ah Lithium battery:........ 25.5 Lbs.
Weight savings ...................................19.9 Lbs

Note* The smaller AG 40Ah weighs 15.6 Lbs as a comparison to the Larger H7 80Ah 25.5 Lbs I ordered.

ANTIGRAVITY Lithium Batteries information

Product Weight: .15.6 lbs, 18.5 lbs, 25.5 lbs
Product Size: .... 12.25 x 7 x 7.5 in (mm: 312x175x190)
Amp Hours:....... 40 Ah, 60 Ah, 80 Ah
Cranking Amps: .1500, 1800, 2000
Nominal Voltage: 12.8
Low Voltage Cut-Off YES

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 11-10-2021 at 02:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
slilley (11-17-2021)
Old 11-10-2021 | 02:41 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Post Decided to do another order for detailing the GT4 see below.....

Greetings gang,

I just completed placing my order with Matt (Owner) of Obsessed Garage.
I really like a lot of the products he has and actually uses with his cars for Cleaning & Detailing.
I have watched a lot and I do mean a lot of Matt's Obsessed Garage videos on him cleaning his cars.
He definitely has the right items for that in abundance.

Looking forward to receiving this order.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 11-10-2021 at 02:43 PM.
Old 11-10-2021 | 02:55 PM
ausgang
Racer

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
....I really like a lot of the products he has and actually uses with his cars for Cleaning & Detailing.
I have watched a lot and I do mean a lot of Matt's Obsessed Garage videos on him cleaning his cars.

Terry
I agree with your observations. He is a good stream-of-consciuosness speaker. His attention to production quality (especially sound) is also helpful, and arguably better than half the professional news services these days. I suspect in time you will switch over to his two-bucket wash method. My experiences with his products and service have all been good thus far.
tigerhonaker (11-12-2021)
Old 11-11-2021 | 10:51 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ausgang
I agree with your observations. He is a good stream-of-consciuosness speaker.
His attention to production quality (especially sound) is also helpful, and arguably better than half the professional news services these days.
I suspect in time you will switch over to his two-bucket wash method.
My experiences with his products and service have all been good thus far.

ausgang,

I already have the 1st White bucket this gives me the 2nd.

I want the brushes he uses for the lug-nuts, valve-stems/caps etc.

And the Flat Micro-Fiber Brush is going to make doing the complete wheels a heck of a lot easier.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 11-11-2021 at 10:55 AM.
ausgang (11-11-2021)
Old 11-11-2021 | 05:12 PM
Antigravity
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by slilley
Just so we are clear, I wanted to make a post because Tiger's post could make it seem that our products are extremely expensive. When in fact we are actually one of the lower priced Lithium Batteries on the Market due to our higher volume of sales than other companies. You can compare us to others like Braille and see the features and pricing we offer are substantially better than what is offered by them.

As we know from Tiger's posting he goes with the best of everything. So he actually opted for an 80Amp Hour version of our Antigravity Battery. That H7 in 80Amp Hours is a Monster Battery that could start the space shuttle and Tiger could use that battery in his GT4 for camping off-grid since it has so much energy capacity. It's usually reserved for those with Luxury Cars that have tons of accessories and parasitic drains, or in the event you want to be able to store your Car off a charger for literally about 6 to 8 months. But it is not required for the average Porsche whatsoever. We have a 40Amp Hour version that is like a direct replacement for the stock AGM batter in a Porsche, and it is significantly less expensive, and the option most choose. But Tiger is also a bad-*** who want the best of the best so he opted for that. More Amp Hours will never hurt and give you more benefits such as being able to store the car for super long times without needing a charger.

Anyway just didn't want people thinking the batteries are super expensive... they are in the 650 to 800 range depending on the Amp Hours. Yes that is still a lot, but they have built-in WIRELESS Jump Starting, 3x the lifespan of lead/acid and will never leave you stranded.

Last, we made sure to give Tiger very aggressive discount for protecting and serving our country, but he was nice enough to say he would not post his special discount... But all is good and we are stoked to have been able to help Tiger with his dream car.
The following 3 users liked this post by Antigravity:
slilley (11-17-2021), SpeedySpidey (11-11-2021), tigerhonaker (11-12-2021)
Old 11-11-2021 | 05:25 PM
SpeedySpidey
Burning Brakes

Thank you for your service to our country Terry! 🇺🇸
The following 2 users liked this post by SpeedySpidey:
needmoregarage (11-12-2021), tigerhonaker (11-12-2021)
Old 11-12-2021 | 11:19 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Antigravity
Just so we are clear, I wanted to make a post because Tiger's post could make it seem that our products are extremely expensive. When in fact we are actually one of the lower priced Lithium Batteries on the Market due to our higher volume of sales than other companies. You can compare us to others like Braille and see the features and pricing we offer are substantially better than what is offered by them.

As we know from Tiger's posting he goes with the best of everything. So he actually opted for an 80Amp Hour version of our Antigravity Battery. That H7 in 80Amp Hours is a Monster Battery that could start the space shuttle and Tiger could use that battery in his GT4 for camping off-grid since it has so much energy capacity. It's usually reserved for those with Luxury Cars that have tons of accessories and parasitic drains, or in the event you want to be able to store your Car off a charger for literally about 6 to 8 months. But it is not required for the average Porsche whatsoever. We have a 40Amp Hour version that is like a direct replacement for the stock AGM batter in a Porsche, and it is significantly less expensive, and the option most choose. But Tiger is also a bad-*** who want the best of the best so he opted for that. More Amp Hours will never hurt and give you more benefits such as being able to store the car for super long times without needing a charger.

Anyway just didn't want people thinking the batteries are super expensive... they are in the 650 to 800 range depending on the Amp Hours. Yes that is still a lot, but they have built-in WIRELESS Jump Starting, 3x the lifespan of lead/acid and will never leave you stranded.

Last, we made sure to give Tiger very aggressive discount for protecting and serving our country, but he was nice enough to say he would not post his special discount... But all is good and we are stoked to have been able to help Tiger with his dream car.
Chad or maybe Scott ???

I'm thinking the above post might be Chad which frequents Rennlist almost on a daily basis.
If it's not Chad then it's Scott the (Owner) of ANTIGRAVITY.

Just to add a few comments guys here on Rennlist as well as Guest that frequent & follow this dedicated thread of mine.
Guys/Gals, As was said Antigravity Lithium batteries are damn sure not $1199.99 dollars that's a FACT not an Opinion.
The Antigravity that is the 40Ah is $659.99 and that is what the Greater-Majority of owners go for as it is definitely more than adequate for our Porsche Cayman cars.

And it's as you can see right at 1/2 the price of the Antigravity Lithium I went for.
This doesn't need to be said but heck I've got the time so here goes.

When you take all the "Advantages" of the AG Lithium Batteries the initial cost is actually CHEAP as it last so freaking long.
Plus ............... it has the built in "Super-Convenient" .... "Start-Feature" if lights etc. were accidentally left on and the battery Shuts-Down.
By using either the Button on the top of the AG, or the even more Convenient, the Remote AG "Fob" so your Never-Ever left out in the middle of No-Where-Land.

As was pointed out I don't ever go for what the Majority of people go for that's just not me.
I take all the time necessary in my researching to see what's out there in the market that I'm interested in.
Like the AG Lithium battery and lastly I make damn sure I have the Best of the Best that Company offers for my application.
If doing so ^^^ is not cost prohibitive ....................
Which in this case of which AG Lithium battery to go ???
The cost didn't actually even matter to me as it was not all that much more than my other choice for the AG 60Ah Lithium Battery.

Yes, ANTIGRAVITY Battery did take care of me as an American that served in the Military and did go to Cu-Chi, Vietnam back in part of 1965-1966.
That I do Very-very much appreciate Chad & Scott, ,,,,,,,,,,,

Thanks guys,
Terry aka tigerhonaker

Originally Posted by SpeedySpidey
Thank you for your service to our country Terry! 🇺🇸
SpeedySpidey,

No-Worries at all I was simply one of all the hundreds of thousands that served the USA.
And make no-mistake there's nothing special about me guys other than me being a Super-Car-Nut !!!

Terry aka tigerhonaker

larry.beck (11-16-2021)
Old 11-14-2021 | 10:48 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Greetings gang,

I just completed placing my order with Matt (Owner) of Obsessed Garage.
I really like a lot of the products he has and actually uses with his cars for Cleaning & Detailing.

Looking forward to receiving this order.

Terry
Guys,

Obsessed Garage delivers Fast.

Terry
Old 11-16-2021 | 11:06 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Post ANTIGRAVITY Lithium Battery and accessories has arrived ...

Hello,

Well my order has arrived from Antigravity see below.
They ship Fast ............

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 11-16-2021 at 11:14 AM.
Old 11-17-2021 | 09:06 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Post The ANTIGRAVITY Lithium Battery 80Ah & 2000 Cranking Amps is installed ...

Hello Rennlist members and as always Guest to this Internet site,

I scheduled an appointment with Chandler my Service-Advisor once the ANTIGRAVITY Lithium Battery and CTEK Lithium Charger arrived the other day.
I arrived at 9am this morning and Chandler wrote the Repair/Work order up.
He also got Nick to come up so the two of us could go over what was going to be done in detail.
Nick took the GT4 straight to his work-bay and began working on it.
He does not fool around at all he thankfully just gets in gear and away he goes until the job is completed.
As some of you know Nick has done all the previous work on the GT4.
Since I worked for New Car Dealerships for over 16-years I know a great deal about how things work.
With me saying the above I cannot say enough good things about Nick and the way he handles things.
He doesn't screw around guys and he is Truly a Professional and my thinking is that's why he is the Shop-Foreman.
This time I made sure to get a few pictures of Nick and me together to share with you guys.

Next the ANTIGRAVITY Lithium Battery install.
And by now you guys know I tell things exactly as they Really-really are and don't Sugar-Coat, period.
Keep in mind what I say and share is only what I saw 1st hand in person regarding my install.

It's not some super-simple sort of thing regardless of what you have seen and read on Rennlist.com
Nick had to modify the one hold-down-bracket that you will see in the pictures below I'll post.
As well as other aspects of the install that don't just simply fall into place as you might have previously seen and read about.

Here's what I will say .............
If you have the talent and you are willing to Slow-Down and do it Right then I'm confident you can.
But ..............
If your a person that has Little-to-No-Patience I would say just make the appointment with your Porsche Dealership's service department and have them do it.
Especially if you want to make Damn sure your Porsche stays under it's Full-Factory-Warranty !!!
And that guys is why I Much-much prefer to spend the money and have a guy like Nick that does this for a living to handle things.
Then I know my hands nor anyone else didn't have anything to do with the install so my Porsche Warranty stays 100% intact which is what I care about.

Anything I said above has nothing what-so-ever to do with the ANTIGRAVITY Lithium Battery or the CTEK Lithium Charger Companies or their products.
Both have Professional products and all my comments are about installation and Retaining-Factory-Warranty.
In-fact I have been in touch with both Chad & Scott of ANTIGRAVITY asking multiple questions and they replied immediately and with a smile.
No one could possibly ask for better communication or service from those guys.
So, before I forget to say my Heart-Felt thanks to both you guys, Chad & Scott.
Samsung cellphone pictures by me and the ones Nick took and sent me.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 11-17-2021 at 09:45 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
slilley (11-18-2021), Treemagnet (05-28-2023)
Old 11-17-2021 | 09:47 PM
BrettPorsche
Advanced

Why do you need the trickle charger if the large antigravity battery is supposed to hold a charge for 6-8 months?
Diablo Dude (12-16-2021)
Old 11-17-2021 | 10:34 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BrettPorsche
Why do you need the trickle charger if the large antigravity battery is supposed to hold a charge for 6-8 months?
Now you did it - get ready for a 4 page/20 picture answer...
The following 2 users liked this post by Bob Z.:
998R (11-23-2021), Diablo Dude (12-16-2021)
Old 11-18-2021 | 09:54 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BrettPorsche
Simple, just because ...............

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Now you did it - get ready for a 4 page/20 picture answer...
And here I thought we were buddies ............

Terry
Old 11-18-2021 | 10:47 AM
BrettPorsche
Advanced

Oh

Quick Reply: GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker