Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2021, 10:58 AM
SpeedySpidey
Burning Brakes

Received 768 Likes on 379 Posts

I run my Porsche branded Ctek off of an extension cord… no biggie if it’s beefy enough.
I found a Racing Yellow one for you too at the Home Depot.

Also, is it possible to run the leads here? I think there’s a gap so you can run the charger with the frunk lid closed.

I think there’s a gap here.
The following users liked this post:
tigerhonaker (05-28-2023)
Old 11-19-2021, 12:23 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,485 Likes on 828 Posts
Originally Posted by BrettPorsche
Oh
Why do you need the trickle charger if the large antigravity battery is supposed to hold a charge for 6-8 months?
Hey Brett,

If you actually were being serious and want a legit answer let me know ???

Originally Posted by SpeedySpidey
I run my Porsche branded Ctek off of an extension cord… no biggie if it’s beefy enough.
I found a Racing Yellow one for you too at the Home Depot.

Also, is it possible to run the leads here? I think there’s a gap so you can run the charger with the frunk lid closed.

I think there’s a gap here.
SpeedySpidey,

I have that Heavy-Duty extension cord and it does work nicely when needed.

I could have had Nick run the CTEK charger cord to that location.
In my case I prefer the location in the picture for my use.
It doesn't bother me if the Frunk is open as my garage has an independent HVAC Carrier Split-Unit for both Cooling & Heat plus Humidity control.
Walking out to the garage is actually like being in the house according to where I set the Automatic temperature at.
I can actually detail the GT4 in Mid-Winter if I wish.

Terry
Old 11-19-2021, 01:37 PM
BrettPorsche
Advanced

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

I am legitimately curious. Being able to let the car sit through winter without messing with a tickle charger seemed like one of the antigravity battery’s main selling points.

I don’t care about the lighter weight. If I want my car to weigh 10-20 pounds less I’ll stop eating so many donuts.
The following 2 users liked this post by BrettPorsche:
Diablo Dude (12-16-2021), tigerhonaker (05-28-2023)
Old 11-19-2021, 02:40 PM
SpeedySpidey
Burning Brakes

Received 768 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker

I could have had Nick run the CTEK charger cord to that location.
In my case I prefer the location in the picture for my use…

Terry

Just to be clear about what I meant, perhaps for anyone else that is considering this, that female charger plug end would stay right where it is as that’s the perfect nitch for the plug.

It’s the CTEK lead that would run from the charger through that gap and connect where you have it now.
That way the charger would then sit on a small table or perhaps even the floor if that lead is long enough.
An option for those who may want to keep their car covered.

Old 11-19-2021, 03:44 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Hello Rennlist members,

Well look what arrived this afternoon by Federal Express.

Temporary tag ............

New Vietnam Veteran's Plate with Felt Pads so it doesn't ever touch the painted surface.

New plate installed.

And as a Bonus a Vietnam Veteran Decal that actually matches the GT4.

Terry
November 19th 2021

Up-Date,

This Gloss Black license plate frame and assembly just arrived from Amazon Prime link below.

Gloss Black Anti-Theft License Plate Frame Kit Premium 304 Stainless Steel Metal
Includes US/Import Style Steel Mounting Hardware 4 Hole Security Style
(semi-Permanent) by DFDM National

Link directly below:
Amazon Amazon

I much prefer this to the other one from Porsche Nashville which worked fine until this arrived.

The Porsche Nashville license plate frame.

The High-Gloss No-Name license-plate-frame that matches all the other names on the GT4 from Porsche.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 11-19-2021 at 03:47 PM.
GT4 Shark Blue (11-30-2021)
Old 11-19-2021, 04:14 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Why do you need the trickle charger if the large antigravity battery is supposed to hold a charge for 6-8 months?
Oh
Hey Brett,

If you actually were being serious and want a legit answer let me know ???

Terry
I am legitimately curious.
Being able to let the car sit through winter without messing with a tickle charger seemed like one of the antigravity battery’s main selling points.

I don’t care about the lighter weight.
If I want my car to weigh 10-20 pounds less I’ll stop eating so many donuts.
Brett,

1st I offer my apology for an earlier post I replied to you with.
My Badddddddddddddd
I later thought about your post and question and then thought the following ???
What if Brett was being serious on what he asked and you took him as being like Bob with his asinine comment.
That's why I then came back and asked if you were actually being serious of which you replied ........ YES !!!

Okay, I had the Hard-Wire done for a couple of reasons and yes I'm serious with my replies below.
(1) Nick was already doing the Antigravity Lithium install so I figured while he's already under the Frunk let him also do the CTEK hard-wire.

(2) In my case and I doubt anyone else unless maybe if one lived in the Super-Cold parts of the USA, Canada and some Countries in Europe.
Where the winter temperatures can and are Super-Cold and Below ZERO for days-weeks and maybe Months.
Then the CTEK Lithium charger and of course having it Hard-Wired makes perfect sense.

I did it simply to foot the cost 1-time for Nick and the Porsche of Nashville labor-cost.
My understanding from what Chad and Scott from Antigravity posted the Huge Capacity of the Antigravity Lithium battery I have will go 6-9 months just sitting.
So, like I said in Bold above in reality I don't need the CTEK Lithium Charger nor the Hard-Wired set-up.

OOPS, I forgot to say ...........
I asked Chad and Scott if I could wait until Nick did the install to then hook-up the CTEK charger and make sure the Antigravity battery was fully charged.
They said just wait and then hook-up the CTEK as I have done.

Once again I apologize for my earlier cute-***-comment/post to you.

Terry

Originally Posted by SpeedySpidey
Just to be clear about what I meant, perhaps for anyone else that is considering this,
that female charger plug end would stay right where it is as that’s the perfect nitch for the plug.

It’s the CTEK lead that would run from the charger through that gap and connect where you have it now.
That way the charger would then sit on a small table or perhaps even the floor if that lead is long enough.
An option for those who may want to keep their car covered.

SpeedySpidey,

You guys know you can post on this thread any ole time with (Useful) information to me or other Rennlist members.

My opinion and take of Rennlist Internet Site is this Porsche Internet Site is to Share and Provide useful information as well as discussing as Adults the Porsche brand vehicles.
And I totally enjoy this site each and everyday and the majority of Rennlist members contributions on it.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 11-19-2021 at 04:20 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
Elegant (11-19-2021), SpeedySpidey (11-19-2021)
Old 11-22-2021, 04:10 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Post Some thoughts to share on driving mine this afternoon ............

Guys,

Some thoughts from driving my GT4 this afternoon running local errands.

(1) This thing can and is Bad-*** if you choose to Matt-it or some say Floor-it from a stop.
I went to see a buddy as he wanted to see the GT4 in person not pictures of it.
After we took care of business as he (Bill) owns Dickerson Landscaping Depot here in Franklin where I live.
Bill came out as it's sunny, clear and in the 40's this afternoon to check it out.
Thankfully it was a slow day as the grass season has come to a halt here as we have had multiple days of heavy-frost so the grass has gone dormant.
He said Terry I've never-ever seen anything like this in my life.
It is the Wildest thing I've seen in person and I am so glad you drove it over for me to see and check-out in person.
Bill is in his 60's guys so he is an Adult.
After I paid for my new handheld blower Bill walked out with me for his last look at it and then said ...............
Hey, Terry, how about pulling out and stopping, then floor-it I want to see and hear just how Bad-*** is it ???
Well me being the friendly, generous fellow I am how could I possibly refuse a buddy's request.

Note*
Exhaust Btn pushed, Auto Stop Pushed to disengage it, PDK Sport Btn pushed
So I slowly pull out and then back up a little, straighten up the steering wheel and pull a little forward to insure I was in the middle of my lane and of course straight.

If any of you haven't done this sort of thing and your just maybe like me wondering how Bad-*** is this GT4 do this thing.
I nailed the Go-Pedal all the way on the Floor ............
It goes Freaking Crazy instantly to Wide-Open and actually scooted around left & right on the blacktop street and shifts to 2nd and still is going crazy with tires having Major issues with Traction.
Bill texted me and said he's never seen or heard anything in is life like what he witnessed.
He absolutely loved the Demo guys.

I'm sharing the above guys to simply say I've owned a lot and I do mean a lot of Fast Cars/Vehicles and this GT4 absolutely impresses me !!!
And the cabin sounds under Wide-Open-Throttle coming from a Stop are "Beyond-Full-Filling" to this fellow.
If it hadn't overly impressed me I wouldn't be wasting my time or your's sharing this.

(2) While just driving it around I decided to see just how does the Bose Audio System using the XM Satellite radio sound with the volume Turned-Up ???
Again I was actually taken by Surprise and this is why I say that.
The optional Bose Audio System I was actually thinking probably wasn't going to be all that great in a GT4.
Because of everything I had read on Rennlist.com internet site from members.
Well the truth is from my end the Bose was Killing it guys !!!
I was listening to the XM Satellite Radio and the station was the BLEND channel.
I cranked-up the volume to where you could easily hear the system over the cabin interior noise which is simply part of the GT4.
The audio was A-OK and I am so glad I did go for that option now that I have heard it with the volume raised-up.

Lastly, you know the more I drive this GT4 the more I'm falling Deeper & deeper in love with it.
Seriously guys it has more, much more POWER than I could have possibly envisioned for Performance.
And now I know if I simply adjust the volume-up on the Bose Audio System it sounds to this fellow more than Adequate.

A Very-very happy GT4 owner,
Terry
The following 5 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
Elegant (11-22-2021), GT4 Shark Blue (11-30-2021), needmoregarage (11-22-2021), P-car-Vancouver (11-23-2021), SpeedySpidey (11-22-2021)
Old 11-22-2021, 08:11 PM
Elegant
Track Day

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi Terry,

I loved the above story of you flooring your GT4 from a dead stop!
What FUN!!!
I can only imagine how magic the sound must have been from that glorious engine.
And, I'll bet having the rear-end do the wiggle-waggle as the tires spun brought back many memories of our days driving those 1960s muscle cars.

So glad you are really in love with the car after the very long wait for it to arrive.
I know that you have been almost praying that this car would check all of the boxes.
Well, it sounds as if you now have a total winner, the dream sports car that does EVERYTHING you have wanted.

Hey, keep posting these fun stories as you drive up the miles on the car.
They bring a smile to this old guy's face for sure.

Cheers,
Tom

Last edited by Elegant; 11-23-2021 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-23-2021, 12:19 AM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,434 Likes on 2,226 Posts

Terry, if you didn’t use launch control for the show and tell, you need to drive back to your buddies place and do it right!
P-car-Vancouver (11-23-2021)
Old 11-23-2021, 09:51 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Elegant
Hi Terry,

I loved the above story of you flooring your GT4 from a dead stop!
What FUN!!!
I can only imagine how magic the sound must have been from that glorious engine.
And, I'll bet having the rear-end do the wiggle-waggle as the tires spun brought back many memories of our days driving those 1960s muscle cars.

So glad you are really in love with the car after the very long wait for it to arrive.
I know that you have been almost praying that this car would check all of the boxes.
Well, it sounds as if you now have a total winner, the dream sports car that does EVERYTHING you have wanted.

Hey, keep posting these fun stories as you drive up the miles on the car.
They bring a smile to this old guy's face for sure.

Cheers,
Tom
Bro Tom,

Well my man as we have gone through the years and gone through cars.
This GT4 is actually getting to be more and more of what I wanted.
As you know I've had the super high-H/P cars over the years.
This different and in a totally different class from Fit & Finish to simply looking like what I want in a Sports Car.
And as far as power ???
Trust me buddy if I get down your way and give you the keys I am 100% confident that you won't be disappointed with it's power and a BONUS of the Awesome, Bad-***, 7-speed PDK tranny.
This thing under Full-Power actually will come across as an Electric-Dynamo with it's Super-Smooth never ending power delivery.

I think this very well will be my last Sports Car ...............

Originally Posted by UncleDude
Terry, if you didn’t use launch control for the show and tell, you need to drive back to your buddies place and do it right!
UncleDude,

That ^^^ was taken into consideration but then dismissed as I am Old School Drag-Racing so I'm actually not a fan of using electronics for the Fun-Factor leaving from a STOP.

But ................

I can see and understand that I might very well be an exception on Rennlist.com

Terry
Old 11-23-2021, 10:53 AM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,434 Likes on 2,226 Posts

Bro Tom,

Well my man as we have gone through the years and gone through cars.
This GT4 is actually getting to be more and more of what I wanted.
As you know I've had the super high-H/P cars over the years.
This different and in a totally different class from Fit & Finish to simply looking like what I want in a Sports Car.
And as far as power ???
Trust me buddy if I get down your way and give you the keys I am 100% confident that you won't be disappointed with it's power and a BONUS of the Awesome, Bad-***, 7-speed PDK tranny.
This thing under Full-Power actually will come across as an Electric-Dynamo with it's Super-Smooth never ending power delivery.

I think this very well will be my last Sports Car ...............

UncleDude,

That ^^^ was taken into consideration but then dismissed as I am Old School Drag-Racing so I'm actually not a fan of using electronics for the Fun-Factor leaving from a STOP.

But ................

I can see and understand that I might very well be an exception on Rennlist.com

Terry
Your car is full of electronics that you use and enjoy daily. Give it a try! It is a famous feature and worthy of at least one experiment.
Old 11-23-2021, 03:08 PM
Elegant
Track Day

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

Terry,
As you know I am even "Older" School than you but I can say that using Launch Control is fun, even though on the street it is really useless in almost all circumstances.
I can see it being useful at the drag strip but that is about it.
But, in my Audi RS3 of days past I used it as a demo for my brother. Good fun as the car took off like a rocket ship.
Over 2-1/2 years, however, I used it maybe 5 times.

What UncleDude may not know is that you are a drag racer "par excellence."
I remember when we were racing together at the Texas Shootout many moons ago and you went down the strip back to back about 18 times until your gas tank was almost empty.
Each run shaved a tenth or two off your time to the great delight of the crowd watching you.
That was in your 5-speed manual supercharged 2008 Mustang Bullitt.
Your ability to get off the line well, with just the right amount of tire spin for maximum traction was a sight to behold, especially since you were running street tires!
So, I can understand why you wanted to put on the tire smoking, rear-end wiggle type of display for your friend.

But, being the car nut that you are I can definitely recommend to you to at least try Launch Control once, even if just for the fun factor.

Keep having fun and nailing it my friend,
Tom
Old 11-24-2021, 11:07 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by UncleDude
Your car is full of electronics that you use and enjoy daily. Give it a try! It is a famous feature and worthy of at least one experiment.
Originally Posted by Elegant
Terry,
As you know I am even "Older" School than you but I can say that using Launch Control is fun, even though on the street it is really useless in almost all circumstances.
I can see it being useful at the drag strip but that is about it.
But, in my Audi RS3 of days past I used it as a demo for my brother. Good fun as the car took off like a rocket ship.
Over 2-1/2 years, however, I used it maybe 5 times.

What UncleDude may not know is that you are a drag racer "par excellence."
I remember when we were racing together at the Texas Shootout many moons ago and you went down the strip back to back about 18 times until your gas tank was almost empty.
Each run shaved a tenth or two off your time to the great delight of the crowd watching you.
That was in your 5-speed manual supercharged 2008 Mustang Bullitt.
Your ability to get off the line well, with just the right amount of tire spin for maximum traction was a sight to behold, especially since you were running street tires!
So, I can understand why you wanted to put on the tire smoking, rear-end wiggle type of display for your friend.

But, being the car nut that you are I can definitely recommend to you to at least try Launch Control once, even if just for the fun factor.

Keep having fun and nailing it my friend,
Tom
UncleDude & Tom,

I might give it a try in the future haven't decided yet.

Thanks for the tip fellows.

Terry
Old 11-29-2021, 05:47 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Post I placed my order with Obsessed Garage (Black Friday Sale) ...

Hello,

I have been in contact with Tommy at Obsessed Garage discussing my options for the Karcher K1700 pressure washer and accessories.

I made my decisions last Friday, November 26th 2021 after Tommy called me and we went over what I wanted again.
He was a tremendous help and super friendly.
You will see Tommy in the Obsessed Garage video below when Matt is talking with the different members of Obsessed Garage regarding the Black-Friday sale days.

Just to bring those of you up to speed some on Obsessed Garage and placing orders.
As Matt will mention in the video they are out of stock on numerous items.
They ship what they have on hand and then the remaining items will get shipped all at 1-time for the 2nd shipment.
That's ^^^ why after talking to Tommy I think my shipment will not have the 6.5' hose I need.
So, I placed that order with Amazon Prime for the Eley Super-High-End hose just in case it doesn't come in the package.

Also in the pictures below you will see where I have my plumbing company come and add a New Brass Cold & Hot water faucet.
It's replacing the current one that honestly I should have replaced a heck of a long time ago.
Also as I mention on one of the pictures the New Brass faucet has been relocated way over to the left of where the old fixture was.
That's actually necessary for two reasons.
(1) So I can easily park my new eXmark LZ X zero-turn mower.
(2) It needs to be close to the New Karcher K1700 pressure washer system.

I'm making and adding these changes so it's going to be so much easier for me to maintain the GT4 in it's clean-up.
Now, it's a Major-Pain to be honest.
I need to make this a much easier, quicker, much more streamlined procedure at 76-years old.

Matt at Obsessed Garage going over the "Black-Friday" sale video.

Black Friday at OG - Behind the Scenes

Below is the Link to what I ordered for those interested in maybe also upgrading.

https://www.obsessedgarage.com/colle...40954085245079

Pictures are as always with my trusty Samsung Galaxy9 cellphone.

Thanks for dropping by,
Terry
Old 11-30-2021, 04:57 PM
ausgang
Racer

Received 386 Likes on 161 Posts

Your county charges 3% sales tax on top of the 7% your state charges? Wow.
Not far from the 15% VAT we had when I lived in England.
Looks like you need an OG sticker for your collection.
You going to start doing "wash and talks" like Matt? Lol!

I almost forgot -- here's another review for your collection:

Last edited by ausgang; 11-30-2021 at 06:09 PM.

Quick Reply: GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker