Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2021, 05:44 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,475 Likes on 823 Posts
Originally Posted by needmoregarage
Woooohoooo! You’ve made excellent progress in a short time.

I hardly ever turn on the exhaust.
I find it doesn’t add much to my experience, and especially on a longer drive I prefer it as quiet as possible inside the cabin.
My dealer deleted the sound symposer which made it a little quieter with less drone at highway speeds.

Your car blends nicely with the Shell yellow/red accent theme
Carol,

I tried the exhaust for a bit but actually didn't want any additional "RACKET" inside the cabin.

Originally Posted by UncleDude
Dive the snot out of it!

(go easy on the breakfast biscuits)
I am now see next comment me answering these from last week.

Originally Posted by SpeedySpidey
1k already? Holy crap, you don’t mess around! It took me months.
And trust me Terry, you know yourself that the rings have seated… she’s broken in.
Enjoy
I'm getting the hang of it now buddy.

Originally Posted by 2seats
I think I’m most impressed that you’ve lived so long eating gas station sausage biscuits!
I only did those to expedite my leaving early each day.
I didn't do those everyday even then.

Originally Posted by TRZ06
Oh, you did the sound symposer delete on the stock set-up? % wise, how much volume and drone did it remove would you say?

Would love to hear more on the noises it reduces/eliminates.
She might drop back by after I do the following Post below.

Terry
Old 10-25-2021, 07:04 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Post Okay I did the 2,000 miles Porsche Break-in so that's done and over with ...

Greetings everyone,

I did take some pictures that I'll post below.

Sorry everyone I'm not getting into the GT4 and what I think.
The reason is I'm Really-really tired and just want to sit my butt down in the Home Theater with Cathy and watch whatever she picks-out.

BTW,
As it turns out I did the 2,000 miles in less than 1-week.
I ended up making multiple trips to Huntsville, Alabama which was doing 418 miles a day doing multiple round-trips for a few days.
A round trip from Franklin, TN. to Huntsville, Alabama is 218 miles approximately.
Seriously people it was a BITCH !!!
All this was done on two lane roads, No-Interstates.
And a couple of days driving in pouring down rain with occasional High-Winds and Blinding-Rain.
And let's not ever forget having to go through all the little Unincorporated towns at 30-35-40-45 MPH.
Also following Tractors pulling Bales of Hay, Tractor Trailer Trucks, locals driving at 40MPH in 55MPH zones just looking around at the local live-stock.
Oh and not to ever overlook the Local Police, Sheriffs hiding out to increase the local Revenue to the Unsuspecting drivers breezing through not paying close enough attention to local Speed-Zones.
And before you guys throw me all the way under the bus.
I'm one of those men that has a ****-Poor sense of direction.
So to do what needed to be done I had to figure out a route I could more easily remember each day and then just do it.

And I really doubt the majority of owners are going to do the Porsche recommended 2,000 miles Break-in-Procedure doing the following.
Don't exceed over 4,000 RPM.
Don't lug the engine.
No-Cruise-Control.

Okay pictures guys ...........

This what I did have one of the days.

Got up in the dark this morning and it was pouring down this morning to complete the 2,000 miles break in.
It rained almost all the way to Huntsville, Alabama.
Sometimes so hard you couldn't see very far in front of the GT4.
And that's with the wipers turned-up some to help clear the rain away.
The word that comes to me is ............ (Miserable) !!!

Speaking of seeing something you don't see where I live.
Fields and fields and fields of COTTON.
Looks like little Cotton-***** as you drive by and look over.

How many of you OLDER Muscle-Car-Guys recall these Service Stations below.
My Brothers and I use to run what was called, Blue Sunoco 260 Racing-Gas.
And yes for those that don't know what I'm talking about those Sunoco Gas Stations were The STUFF.
For my Corvette Loving Brother, Norman Honaker these are for you Buddy.
(Love you Brother you stay-safe
)

Here are this mornings pictures when I stopped at the Shell Station in Huntsville, Alabama.
Super friendly people working at it.
I've been there so frequently the attendants know me as the Guy with the Bright-Yellow-Car.
I snapped these to remind myself of what it looked like looking around the area.

On the way back from Huntsville, Alabama and close to Pulaski, Tennessee.
I was just lucky enough no one was behind me and I could see easily in front.
So slowed up and shot this picture of the Final (Porsche recommended 2,000 Miles) break-in was reached, finally.

I got home around 12:30PM after stopping at local Shell Station and filling-up the GT4.
This is what the GT4 looks like after almost a week of driving in Storms, pouring rain etc.
I saw no reason to clean it up until I was done with the daily driving for the Break-in-Miles.
So, 2,031 miles later and this is how it looks currently.

So, today's driving stats:
Total Driving Time ............... 4:37h
Distance ............................. 209.8 mi
Consumption ........... ........... 23.0 mpg
Speed ...................................... 46mph

I thought some of you might like to see what the Oil-Level shows after the 2,031 miles.

That's it for now and to be honest with all of you,
I'd be lying my butt off if I didn't say I'm glad this is over-with as it was not really all that fun.

Time now to Totally Detail the GT4 and that's going to take an old man some time to do,
Terry
The following 2 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
halfmonkey (10-25-2021), masti99 (10-27-2021)
Old 10-25-2021, 07:28 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,800 Likes on 864 Posts

You might win for the quickest 2000 mile break in.
The following users liked this post:
tigerhonaker (10-27-2021)
Old 10-25-2021, 07:54 PM
Elegant
Track Day

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi Terry,

Wow, you blow my mind doing what you did this past week.
I'm sure you set a Guinness World Record for break-in time for a GT4, maybe for any Porsche.

I sure do love the way you post with so many photos and with detailed explanatory text.
Nobody does it like you do.

The car looks incredibly clean for what it has been through this past week.
I think you are getting your money's worth with the protective film and ceramic coating.

You certainly deserve a rest after driving over 2000 miles on back roads in less than a week.
Enjoy your time with Cathy in the Home Theater.

And a big congratulations to you,
Tom

The following 2 users liked this post by Elegant:
jimdillard (09-26-2022), tigerhonaker (10-27-2021)
Old 10-25-2021, 08:22 PM
SpeedySpidey
Burning Brakes

Received 755 Likes on 370 Posts

Yep, all of the above… I live through you and I’m doing it all wrong.
Old 10-25-2021, 09:05 PM
SpeedySpidey
Burning Brakes

Received 755 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker
Greetings everyone,

I thought some of you might like to see what the Oil-Level shows after the 2,031 miles.

Terry
Oh, and go slow with the oil and don’t overfill! I was similar in oil indication and it only took 12 oz. to fill.

https://www.getporscheparts.com/p-mo...-oil-1-l-o0117
Old 10-25-2021, 11:01 PM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Received 1,619 Likes on 921 Posts

Greetings everyone,

The reason is I'm Really-really tired and just want to sit my butt down in the Home Theater with Cathy and watch whatever she picks-out.

BTW,
I ended up making multiple trips to Huntsville, Alabama which was doing 418 miles a day doing multiple round-trips for a few days.
A round trip from Franklin, TN. to Huntsville, Alabama is 218 miles approximately.
And a couple of days driving in pouring down rain with occasional High-Winds and Blinding-Rain.
And let's not ever forget having to go through all the little Unincorporated towns at 30-35-40-45 MPH.
Also following Tractors pulling Bales of Hay, Tractor Trailer Trucks, locals driving at 40MPH in 55MPH zones just looking around at the local live-stock.
Oh and not to ever overlook the Local Police, Sheriffs hiding out to increase the local Revenue to the Unsuspecting drivers breezing through not paying close enough attention to local Speed-Zones.
So to do what needed to be done I had to figure out a route I could more easily remember each day and then just do it.

And I really doubt the majority of owners are going to do the Porsche recommended 2,000 miles Break-in-Procedure doing the following.
Don't lug the engine.
No-Cruise-Control.

Got up in the dark this morning and it was pouring down this morning to complete the 2,000 miles break in.

And yes for those that don't know what I'm talking about those Sunoco Gas Stations were The STUFF.
)

Here are this mornings pictures when I stopped at the Shell Station in Huntsville, Alabama.
I've been there so frequently the attendants know me as the Guy with the Bright-Yellow-Car.
I snapped these to remind myself of what it looked like looking around the area.

So slowed up and shot this picture of the Final (Porsche recommended 2,000 Miles) break-in was reached, finally.

I got home around 12:30PM after stopping at local Shell Station and filling-up the GT4.
This is what the GT4 looks like after almost a week of driving in Storms, pouring rain etc.
I saw no reason to clean it up until I was done with the daily driving for the Break-in-Miles.

I'd be lying my butt off if I didn't say I'm glad this is over-with as it was not really all that fun.

Time now to Totally Detail the GT4 and that's going to take an old man some time to do,
Terry

That is one of the cool things about the red faced gauges. They look really cool in low light conditions. You get bright red in the day time, a dark blood red in low light, and black at night.

I am glad I specced them on mine, adds another dimension to the car.
Old 10-26-2021, 02:47 AM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Received 696 Likes on 324 Posts

Greetings everyone,

BTW,

Don't lug the engine.
No-Cruise-Control.

)

Terry
Wow! Well done Terry! That has to be a new record for break in! I’ve had mine 2 months now and I’m still 200 miles short of the threshold.
Side note our Shell gas stations in Vancouver area started offering 93 octane in the past 2 weeks, previously 91 only for the top grade. What grade is offered there?

Last edited by P-car-Vancouver; 10-26-2021 at 02:48 AM.
Old 10-26-2021, 08:54 AM
ausgang
Racer

Received 386 Likes on 161 Posts

That is pretty amazing Terry. Right out of the box you quickly established that this car will be for DRIVING enjoyment. I recently rode in a GT2RS (short trip) and it struck me odd that it only had about 200 miles on it, as did most everything else in the owner's Pcar collection. Where's the fun in just looking at these cars?

When I was first learning to turn wrenches, there were two distinct groups in the neighborhood --- those who treat cars like eye candy and those who appreciate the mechanical capabilities, I fell in with the latter category, which turned out to be fortuitous because we had Shelby Cobras to tinker on --- back when few people outside of racing circles knew what they were. I know from your writings which category you were in too!

My break-in procedure differs from yours somewhat: That is, I try to have more heat cycles, so no really long drives. It'll take longer, but the mechanical engineer in me thinks not much happens once everything is operating at temperature after an hour or so.

When you've rested up and had a chance to take a drive for fun, please share your thoughts on the experience, either here and/or on the "pros and cons" thread.

Do you guys get Sunoco 260GT down that way?
Old 10-26-2021, 05:49 PM
Csquared-
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 59 Posts

Appreciate all of the time you've taken to structure these posts, and have personally enjoyed the passion you have towards the car. Tough to explain, but if you know, you know.

Enjoy in good health.
The following 2 users liked this post by Csquared-:
P-car-Vancouver (10-26-2021), tigerhonaker (10-27-2021)
Old 10-26-2021, 09:20 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,424 Likes on 614 Posts

Terry - I think you broke the break-in record. Too bad it wasn't more enjoyable but I understand your motivation to get past it. Good for you.

Regarding the sound symposer delete, my car was there for a week for other things so quite a bit of time elapsed and I wish I could have had back to back rides to compare before and after. My impression is that when cruising in 7th, PDK sport selected, highway speeds 70+ I had noticed on my first long trip that making cell phone Bluetooth calls was annoying. Volume had to be increased considerably to have a conversation. The constant noise in the cabin wasn’t unbearable but it was fatiguing.

My next long trip, just after the symposer delete, was more comfortable under the same highway conditions. It’s hard to say how much sound was eliminated. 15%? Maybe 20%? I can’t put a number on it but it’s enough to be noticed and make my 5 hour trip (one way) more enjoyable and less fatiguing.

As Terry says, we don’t need more “racket” in the cabin. I rarely select the exhaust to open valves and increase sound. It usually doesn’t add to my enjoyment. In my 981 GT4 I almost always opened the exhaust. Other than a few too many enhanced burbles and overruns I did think that car sounded great. This one isn’t as good but I’m ok with it because I love it for all the other improvements. And I can always go aftermarket if I want more exhaust sound.

Looking forward to post break in thoughts once you and Cathy can enjoy it!

Last edited by needmoregarage; 10-26-2021 at 09:22 PM.
Old 10-26-2021, 10:34 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,431 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by ausgang
That is pretty amazing Terry. Right out of the box you quickly established that this car will be for DRIVING enjoyment. I recently rode in a GT2RS (short trip) and it struck me odd that it only had about 200 miles on it, as did most everything else in the owner's Pcar collection. Where's the fun in just looking at these cars?

When I was first learning to turn wrenches, there were two distinct groups in the neighborhood --- those who treat cars like eye candy and those who appreciate the mechanical capabilities, I fell in with the latter category, which turned out to be fortuitous because we had Shelby Cobras to tinker on --- back when few people outside of racing circles knew what they were. I know from your writings which category you were in too!

My break-in procedure differs from yours somewhat: That is, I try to have more heat cycles, so no really long drives. It'll take longer, but the mechanical engineer in me thinks not much happens once everything is operating at temperature after an hour or so.

When you've rested up and had a chance to take a drive for fun, please share your thoughts on the experience, either here and/or on the "pros and cons" thread.

Many of us here have multiple "fun" vehicles to accumulate miles on. It was beautiful here today - 80 and low humidity, which would have been a great day for a top-down drive in the Spyder. I have 1200 miles on it since taking delivery in July. But I took the Harley out and had just as much (maybe more) fun so don't question what others do or don't do - we enjoy what we have in different ways.
Old 10-27-2021, 03:23 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
You might win for the quickest 2000 mile break in.
The best way I know to say what I did is ..............
I just didn't wish to drag it out for ever and ever.
The last two cars I had were the Dodge Challenger Hellcat and then the Audi RS3 Sedan.
Guys keep in mind I've been retired since 2008.
Point being I simply don't drive all that much as I am now 76-years old and a great many of the guys I knew are "Sadly" gone.
Both those cars when I traded them in were like 2-years old and both had around a WHOPPING 2,000 miles on them.
So with the above being said can you imagine how damn long it would take based on those two cars for me to get the Porsche 2,000 miles break in.
After what I have now said above ............
I decided to just make the 2,000 Break-in-Miles happen as quickly as I thought I could safely do them.
Note*
I do know not that I absolutely hate driving at night !!!

Originally Posted by Elegant
Hi Terry,

Wow, you blow my mind doing what you did this past week.
I'm sure you set a Guinness World Record for break-in time for a GT4, maybe for any Porsche.

I sure do love the way you post with so many photos and with detailed explanatory text.
Nobody does it like you do.

The car looks incredibly clean for what it has been through this past week.
I think you are getting your money's worth with the protective film and ceramic coating.

You certainly deserve a rest after driving over 2000 miles on back roads in less than a week.
Enjoy your time with Cathy in the Home Theater.

And a big congratulations to you,
Tom
Hi Tom,

Your right that the PPF and the Gtechniq Ceramic Coating certainly helped when it was time to do the Full-Blown-Detail.
I think I got my monies worth on those two items and no-regrets on the cost of those.

Oh I did go up in the Home Theater with Cathy as I was beat buddy.

Yep, all of the above… I live through you and I’m doing it all wrong.
Hey my Rennlist internet buddy as far as I see your right of Top of your Game.

Oh, and go slow with the oil and don’t overfill! I was similar in oil indication and it only took 12 oz. to fill.

https://www.getporscheparts.com/p-mo...-oil-1-l-o0117
I'll be doing a Post after replying to these comments so check it out if you have the time.
Yes, also covering the oil thing ............

Originally Posted by TRZ06
That is one of the cool things about the red faced gauges.
They look really cool in low light conditions.
You get bright red in the day time, a dark blood red in low light, and black at night.

I am glad I specced them on mine, adds another dimension to the car.
Well we both are loving them in the Guards-Red as I know I am and from your comments you are as well.

Originally Posted by P-car-Vancouver
Wow! Well done Terry!
That has to be a new record for break in!
I’ve had mine 2 months now and I’m still 200 miles short of the threshold.
Side note our Shell gas stations in Vancouver area started offering 93 octane in the past 2 weeks, previously 91 only for the top grade. What grade is offered there?
Hey my man your almost there and did it your way which IMHO is all that really matters.

Originally Posted by ausgang

When you've rested up and had a chance to take a drive for fun,
please share your thoughts on the experience,
either here and/or on the "pros and cons" thread.

We Don't have the Sunoco gas stations here where I live.
Those pictures I took were me driving to Huntsville, Alabama and I was maybe 1-hour from Huntsville, not really sure but kinda close.
When you've rested up and had a chance to take a drive for fun,
please share your thoughts on the experience,
either here and/or on the "pros and cons" thread.

I will be posting my thoughts on the 1st 2,000 miles after replying to all the comments so far.
I haven't driven it hardly at all since getting back home and yesterday detailing it.
My comments below in another Post will be all about my 1st impressions and of course covering the 2,000 miles.

Originally Posted by Csquared-
Appreciate all of the time you've taken to structure these posts,
and have personally enjoyed the passion you have towards the car.
Tough to explain, but if you know, you know.

Enjoy in good health.
Oh trust me I get it buddy ^^^

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
Terry - I think you broke the break-in record. Too bad it wasn't more enjoyable but I understand your motivation to get past it. Good for you.

Regarding the sound symposer delete, my car was there for a week for other things so quite a bit of time elapsed and I wish I could have had back to back rides to compare before and after. My impression is that when cruising in 7th, PDK sport selected, highway speeds 70+ I had noticed on my first long trip that making cell phone Bluetooth calls was annoying. Volume had to be increased considerably to have a conversation. The constant noise in the cabin wasn’t unbearable but it was fatiguing.

My next long trip, just after the symposer delete, was more comfortable under the same highway conditions. It’s hard to say how much sound was eliminated. 15%? Maybe 20%? I can’t put a number on it but it’s enough to be noticed and make my 5 hour trip (one way) more enjoyable and less fatiguing.

As Terry says, we don’t need more “racket” in the cabin. I rarely select the exhaust to open valves and increase sound. It usually doesn’t add to my enjoyment. In my 981 GT4 I almost always opened the exhaust. Other than a few too many enhanced burbles and overruns I did think that car sounded great. This one isn’t as good but I’m ok with it because I love it for all the other improvements. And I can always go aftermarket if I want more exhaust sound.

Looking forward to post break in thoughts once you and Cathy can enjoy it!
Hi Carol,

I'm not going to alter anything but I totally 100% get what you are saying and explaining with the sound.
Thanks for your additional insight as it's always appreciated.

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Many of us here have multiple "fun" vehicles to accumulate miles on.
It was beautiful here today - 80 and low humidity, which would have been a great day for a top-down drive in the Spyder.
I have 1200 miles on it since taking delivery in July.
But I took the Harley out and had just as much (maybe more) fun so don't question what others do or don't do - we enjoy what we have in different ways.
Hi Bob,

I've had multiple Harley's back when I was doing motorcycles.
And they were always FUN !!!

Something for all of us and some as you say are Really-really fortunate (IMO) that have multiple vehicles so they can Pick & Choose what to drive and or ride.

Terry
Elegant (10-27-2021)
Old 10-27-2021, 04:14 PM
ausgang
Racer

Received 386 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Many of us here have multiple "fun" vehicles to accumulate miles on. It was beautiful here today - 80 and low humidity, which would have been a great day for a top-down drive in the Spyder. I have 1200 miles on it since taking delivery in July. But I took the Harley out and had just as much (maybe more) fun so don't question what others do or don't do - we enjoy what we have in different ways.
A bit of an over-reaction, no? I merely observed that Terry is clearly in the camp of those who enjoy their toys in the functional manner, and not as mere museum pieces. Sounds like you are the same, or the Harley would not have gone out, nor would you have 1,200 miles on that beautiful Spyder already -- which is great. Questionning and judging are two different matters.

(Sorry Terry, no thread hi-jack intentions here. Perhaps a few episodes of Yellowstone on your home theater system are in order while you rest up? Or, for something lighter, Kim's Convenience. Looking forward to more posts and pictures from you in the future.)
tigerhonaker (09-26-2022)
Old 10-27-2021, 05:30 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Post Guys, below will be my Blunt, Candid thoughts and Holding-Nothing-Back ...

October 27th 2021
Wednesday

Full Disclosure see my comments below:
Guys, I've been asked in open posts as well as private PMs to post in the open what I really think about the GT4 after the Break-in-Miles.
So, I've given this a great deal of thought and consideration before I jump in and do exactly that.
Note the following words guys before I actually do the in-depth post.
I'm going to do this post for anyone that's really new to Porsche cars and especially the 2021 GT4 that I own.
Why am I taking this stance you might be wondering ???
Because I've been on Rennlist on a daily basis and I know one thing for sure.
In general no one is going to change what they think and I'm not going to in anyway attempt to change or alter any Rennlist members minds at all.
I'm also not on this internet site to Argue, Belittle, or to get in some Knock-Down back and forth, never-ending crap over what I say with my thoughts.

A New Rennlist member just might actually benefit from what I say as a 76-year old that's been doing this since the Mid 60's.

Enough said ^^^

I'm not a writer that's for sure so I hope I can do this post in some order that to those that read it can follow me.

Initial thoughts ...........
I have the GT4 set-up with Sport Mode on and the Auto-Start/Stop Off and the Exhaust Mode Off all the time.
When Cathy and I did the 1st 100 miles the evening we picked the GT4 up.
I thought this is the LOUDEST car (in-the-cabin) I've ever been in and especially for a New 2021 Porsche.
The ride is HARD/JARRING unless your on a really smooth surface.
And then we ended up on an asphalt 2-lane road that had a ROUGH-SURFACE for maybe 2-4 miles.
I'm saying the inside of the cabin had so much NOISE it was beyond anything I have ever experienced in all my years.
It was so LOUD inside you would honestly need to wear (Ear-Plugs) or you would end up having a Migraine Headache.
And if you did have the Bose (Optional) audio system on there was No-Way in HELL you could have ever in a million years have heard it.
Thankfully that was over somewhat fast even at the posted 50 MPG speed limit.
I experienced that same Rough-***-Pavement a few times going and coming from Huntsville, Alabama.
Thankfully I speeded-up as fast as I was comfortable with going to get passed it.
I also found out that getting in and out of it was surprising because ...........
The car sits so Low that me being 6'1" tall and weigh 175LBS, 76-years old with No-Back-Issues or other Physical ailments.
The 1st few times I got in it I was actually Dropping in the driver's-seat and with a Firm-BUMP with my butt hitting the bottom of the seat.
One time I even hit my darn head on the edge of the top-door-edge getting in.
And even though I did go for the 18-way power-seats they are not like being in a luxury Coupe or Sedan as in Super Thick Cushions.
Bose Audio optional Audio system ............
If your on any pavement that produces a lot of Tire Resonance you might as well leave the Boss audio system off.
But ..............
I did find out if you were on pavement that was smooth that wasn't producing that Tire Resonance inside the cabin ..........
The Boss audio system works lovely and yes you can hear it without having crank the hell out of the volume.
Note*
No matter what the road surface is the Boss Audio system is not like a high-end audio system in a more luxurious Coupe or Sedan.
The reason is there is Always-always some road noise feedback plus the Engine mechanical sounds right behind your shoulder.
So even though in a different car the Boss audio would probably be killer it's just not able to overcome all the continuous external & internal constant noises.
I'm trying people to not overlook anything so bear with me.
I changed from the Michelin Cup2 tires to the Michelin PS4S tires.
Smart decision if you recall me mentioning driving in the Downpours to where sometimes you couldn't see very far in front of yourself.
These once again are 2-lane roads guys not the Wider-Interstate-Lanes.
And I did go through Standing-Water multiple times in those days it was pouring.
Just to mention I also initially thought that just maybe the Michelin PS4S tires might be Quieter than the Cup2 tires.
Guys if they are ???
I can't really state they are quiet as they damn sure are not in general.
I also changed from the Stock Porsche brake-pads to the Hawk Ceramic Performance brake-pads.
And if anyone is wondering if they will stop you ???
Yes-Yes-Yes they damn sure will even at WOT passing a Semi, a Van & a car all in a roll at plus 100MPH coming to QUICKLY to a 45MPH posted turn.
That was done as I went over 1,800 miles on the last trip back from Huntsville, Alabama.
Let me state something right now while it's on my mind.
The Porsche GT4 W/PDK tranny and lots of other super nice options for comfort and more daily use.
It's a Honest to Goodness .......... SPORTS Car !!!
And as I have thought about what I Really-really honestly think this is what I have to also say.
The Porsche GT4 is a TRACK, RACING car and if anyone will keep that in mind they won't be Disappointed.
Don't get in your minds that it's anything other than the above or your possibly going to instantly HATE your purchase.
The GT4 by Porsche was not Designed as a damn luxury Coupe it's a True Racing Car that can be what ???
Driven on the street if one wishes and can also Tolerate that your butt is sitting in a Race/Track car.

Next as I continued to put the 2,000 break-in-miles on it.
The more I was in the GT4 the better I loved it and soon with lots of road miles became to accept it for exactly what it is.
On smooth road surfaces at a posted speed limit of 55MPH I was running 65-68-70 MPH in 6th gear as like I said I was "ALWAYS" in Sport-Mode.
The ride was Excellent even though like I said your sitting in a Race/Track car.
The Bose Audio System played beautifully for the more Noise Oriented Interior of the GT4.
I became More & more addicted to the Smooth ........... Turbine like acceleration of the 4.0 liter flat-6 power-plant going through the gears.
Especially from a stop and getting into the throttle and taking it up between the 4,000 to 5,000 RPM.
Take note this is important.
This machine is Super-Freaking-Quick from a Stop:
Yes-yes-yes ....... this thing will leave everything behind you like their tires were Super-Glued to the pavement !!!
And you fill it breaking those Michelin PS4S tires loose as you take-off under like 1/2 throttle.
I LOVE this Machine when it's doing some of the things Performance wise that Porsche Designed and Built it for.
Did I forget and overlook that it Sticks to the road in Cures ???
Well it does in Abundance ............

One more time just to make sure I make this known.
I found as the miles added up and I was on normal blacktop 2-lane roads at 65-68 MPH the cabin was easy to live with.
And like I previously mentioned I was listening to the XM Satellite radio constantly and it was Okay just Not like being in a Luxury Coupe/Sedan with tons of Sound Deadening material.

Oh let me not forget to mention the PDK 7-speed transmission.
I simply LOVE every minute of being in the GT4 with it.
Folks I did good on that decision !!!

OMG, if I forgot the following I should be SHOT:
Speaking of how much attention my GT4 in Racing Yellow with the Bold BLACK Decals/Graphics gets.

Here are some of those ..........

Are you hiring I want to be on your team, a well dressed young man at one of my stops.

Hey buddy did you consider getting a YELLOW one. LOL !! ....... an older farmer in one of the small towns.

Two men at the Shell in Huntsville, Alabama, that is a striking Porsche and the color is great.
Mind if we take a look at it ???
Those guys are in separate vehicles but discussing the GT4 when I cam out from doing the bathroom break thing.
My wife has a Porsche SUV but what you have is all a Porsche is about.
Love the interior and where you headed ???
I'm from Nashville, TN. putting the required 2,000 miles break-in-miles on it.
Well buddy if I had it I'd be doing exactly what your doing enjoying the hell out of it.

I have gotten more attention in the GT4 the week of driving it back and forth than in any other vehicle I have owned since the Mid-60's.

Here's the Bottom-Line on my final thoughts guys.
This GT4 is not for everybody as I have said above in my comments.
But, for me and me wanting my Last-True 100% Sports Car it was and still is the right choice.
I'm now looking forward to getting out on the interstates at 70-75 MPH and setting the cruise and letting the PDK go into 7th overdrive gear.

Below are some of the pictures I took yesterday detailing the GT4.
I did use the EGO Battery Powered Blower and it worked perfect.
I didn't have to actually Touch/Wipe the surface.
I did make sure the EGO Extended battery pack was 100% fully charged before needing it.

Moving on ...............

I decided since the oil level was at the low point on the gauge I'd run it over to Porsche of Nashville this morning.
Talk to one of the Service Advisors and asked if they could top up the oil for me since it has the Break-in-2,000 Miles now.
He said I'll take it down and have it done while you wait.

Turned out that Nick the (Shop Foreman) seen it being pulled in the shop and went straight to it.
Since if you recall he did all the other work on it before I took delivery.

I found out something new and glad I did take it to the Porsche Dealer.
They actually hook up what appeared to be a laptop and that has a program to check the exact oil level and what's needed.
So, no chance to overfill it.
Nice .............

This below is where the oil-level was after the 2,031 miles.

This is where the oil-level is now after they topped it off.

The techs were checking it out while Nick was doing his thing.

GT4 back home in it's assigned parking spot.

Thanks everyone for checking things out,
Terry
The following 8 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
ausgang (10-28-2021), Elegant (10-27-2021), halfmonkey (10-27-2021), Jeff Jones (10-27-2021), jimdillard (03-17-2022), P-car-Vancouver (10-27-2021), smegman (10-28-2021), UncleDude (10-28-2021) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker