Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2021, 11:45 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,485 Likes on 828 Posts
Originally Posted by P-car-Vancouver
Hi Terry
Car is coming along just the way you like it! It is your car, your choice so ignore the noise.
What I can tell you from my 1st 5 weeks with my car, that the wait will be SO worth it!!!
Keep us posted!!
P-car-Vancouver,

... Greetings from Franklin, TN. USA

I'm glad after the 1st 5-weeks your totally enjoying your Porsche.

Oh, and a small comment from me on the noise ...........
I have a Super-Thick Flame-Suit on so no-worries on the incoming noise buddy.

Personally as you say it's my GT4 so do things the way I wish.

Can you or anyone just imagine how Very-very boring we would all be if all our Porsche cars were 100% exactly the same.
Now that would be a total disaster and there would be no need for Rennlist.com or any other internet site.

What makes these internet sites fun and interesting is to come here and see what all the members are doing to their Porsche cars.
Remove that ^^^ and this internet site and all others would cease to exist.

I'm looking forward to seeing mine after it's totally completed as it will be my vision and what I want for my GT4.

Terry
The following 2 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
P-car-Vancouver (09-26-2021), smegman (09-26-2021)
Old 09-26-2021, 01:12 PM
confused66
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 62 Posts

100% agree, Terry. You scored in every category!
The following 2 users liked this post by confused66:
P-car-Vancouver (09-27-2021), tigerhonaker (09-27-2021)
Old 09-26-2021, 01:14 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 1,046 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
You skimped on PCCB but spent $4k+ on decorations?
I’ve never seen a graphic dropped on a car resulting in $10,000 in damage. However I have seen a wheel dropped on a PCCB rotor resulting in a $10,000 trip to the parts department.🤣🤣
Old 09-26-2021, 03:05 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan C.
I’ve never seen a graphic dropped on a car resulting in $10,000 in damage. However I have seen a wheel dropped on a PCCB rotor resulting in a $10,000 trip to the parts department.🤣🤣
Please. The chance that ever happens is ridiculously remote. And it would be on the dealership to replace.

To each his own, but I always find it funny that people are willing to pay the huge premium already embedded in the base price of a Porsche and then they skimp on the things that would make a real difference in the performance of the car and throw money at tarting it up. But I get that there are different strokes for different folks, and I do like the fact that Terry is waaayyyyy into his car.
Old 09-27-2021, 04:08 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Please. The chance that ever happens is ridiculously remote. And it would be on the dealership to replace.

To each his own, but I always find it funny that people are willing to pay the huge premium already embedded in the base price of a Porsche and then they skimp on the things that would make a real difference in the performance of the car and throw money at tarting it up.

But I get that there are different strokes for different folks,
and I do like the fact that Terry is waaayyyyy into his car
Archimedes,

I'll make another attempt to tell you and others why I didn't do a few things.
And I will also try to tell why I did other things.

Options, I didn't do because:
No PCCB or LWBS options for me.
I don't need the brakes for my Street driven GT4.
LWBS ..........
As I said above this GT4 is a street driven use vehicle and NOT a track GT4.
I don't wish to have to deal with climbing in and out of the LWBS nor do I want my wife to have to deal with those.
(Cathy, One Full Hip Replacement years ago)
Money is NOT the deciding factor for either of those two (2) options above.

Options I did do & why:
Since I didn't elect to go with the PCCB I elected to go with Hawk Performance Brake Pads for less Brake-Dust.
I didn't go with the LWBS and did go with the 18-Way power seats for my use on the street.
Which I think my (Opinion) will be very comfortable and super easy to get in and out of the GT4 for me and my wife.

Also while I'm typing here I might as well cover some other things I'm doing.
Yes I'm doing with to me some simple Gloss-Black-Graphics and the reason is I want to break-up some of the Racing-Yellow Color.
And also because to me I simply like the look ^^^

I went with Racing Yellow on the exterior and that's because to me it is a Very-very Racing in your Face color and that's what I want.
Guys, I'm not the shy and retiring sort of fellow.
I was in sales for Many-many-many years and was always the Top-Dog as I was Super Aggressive and always looked after my clients.
So as I said above I want the GT4 in Racing Yellow as it matches my Personality perfect.

Same goes for the interior the way I have it ordered and like me having the shift-paddles redone in the Guards-Red.
They Stand-Out and grabs one's attention just like the Racing Yellow painted panels and the Racing-Yellow stitching.
And the Guards Red instruments & Chrono Clock all of that adds to the overall look.
I LOVE the FLASH !!!
I could care less about me personally having a GT4 in some Subdued color that Blend-In with all the other vehicles on the road.
That guys is NOT this Showboat fellow at all.

I changed out the Michelin Cup 2 tires.
I went for the Much-much better Michelin PS4S tires for the street.
Tons of Performance but they also are much better in the Rain which we have an Abundance of here.

So, my Rennlist.com Members ...........
Do I tell others what to do ???
Nope, I will answer questions to those that ask for advice/suggestions of course.
But ................
I don't tell anyone ever to follow me and do what I do as to me that's just down right silly.
We should all pick & choose what we want and go for it ...........

Peace guys as there is simply No Right or Wrong just what each of us decides we want in our Porsche.

Terry

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 09-27-2021 at 04:17 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
CaymanMatt (10-06-2021), Elegant (09-27-2021), jimdillard (03-18-2022), P-car-Vancouver (09-27-2021), smegman (09-27-2021)
Old 09-27-2021, 04:34 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,434 Likes on 2,226 Posts

Terry, here’s my front wheel after a week of driving in sun, wind and rain and about 400 km in that time. They still look pretty clean with the stock pads, and the brakes are the best I’ve ever had (by far). So if the Hawks suck, your stock ones should keep the wheels pretty clean. I was expecting this to be way worse, probably because of Rennlist LOL.

The following 6 users liked this post by UncleDude:
jimdillard (03-18-2022), nothingman (09-27-2021), P-car-Vancouver (09-27-2021), Randy_B (09-27-2021), slilley (09-28-2021), tigerhonaker (09-28-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-27-2021, 05:06 PM
Randy_B
Racer

Received 559 Likes on 252 Posts

That's encouraging! I avoid using the brakes on my E46 BMW for that reason. I should have searched for a better solution long ago but now it hardly gets driven anyways. The clearcoat is also the softest I have ever seen which makes it awful to keep looking factory fresh. Absolutely cannot daily drive it but it's not nearly exciting enough to be an occasional driver so I don't know what to do with it.
Old 09-27-2021, 10:08 PM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Received 696 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleDude
Terry, here’s my front wheel after a week of driving in sun, wind and rain and about 400 km in that time. They still look pretty clean with the stock pads, and the brakes are the best I’ve ever had (by far). So if the Hawks suck, your stock ones should keep the wheels pretty clean. I was expecting this to be way worse, probably because of Rennlist LOL.

I can concur with what UncleDude said. We have the same GTS wheels painted silver on our cars. I pretty much did the same trip as him during the same weather as we both live in Vancouver area, and my experience with dirt and dust on the wheels is the same. Minimal if any

Last edited by P-car-Vancouver; 09-27-2021 at 10:09 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by P-car-Vancouver:
jimdillard (03-18-2022), Randy_B (09-28-2021), slilley (09-28-2021), tigerhonaker (09-28-2021), UncleDude (09-28-2021)
Old 09-28-2021, 09:38 AM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Your Silver wheels after you drove it looks just fine to these eyes for sure.

And the Racing Yellow on your Porsche is the $hit buddy.

If I don't like the Hwak Ceramic brake-pads I still have the New take-off stock brake pads in boxes.
I haven't a clue yet on the Hawk's but I will be really surprised if I don't like them.
We shall see in the weeks to come and if I don't like the Hawk's (Everyone) will see my post right here and I will say exactly what I think of them.

Originally Posted by Randy_B
That's encouraging! I avoid using the brakes on my E46 BMW for that reason. I should have searched for a better solution long ago but now it hardly gets driven anyways. The clearcoat is also the softest I have ever seen which makes it awful to keep looking factory fresh. Absolutely cannot daily drive it but it's not nearly exciting enough to be an occasional driver so I don't know what to do with it.
Just a suggestion if the stock-pads are producing an abundance of the Black-Brake-Dust ???
Change them for one of the aftermarket Ceramic-Brake-Pads as they are much better for NOT over producing that brake-dust.

I have had a wide variety of performance cars and I HATE the Black-Brake-Dust from the stock pads.
Everyone of those cars I had the brakes pads changed to aftermarket with Never-an-Issue.
Just something you might wish to consider.

BTW, if you have a lot of miles on the stock pads and of course the brake-rotors ???
More than likely if they (Tech) can turn the rotors they will more than likely need to be done so the Replacement Ceramic Brake Pads will seat correctly.

Originally Posted by P-car-Vancouver
I can concur with what UncleDude said. We have the same GTS wheels painted silver on our cars. I pretty much did the same trip as him during the same weather as we both live in Vancouver area, and my experience with dirt and dust on the wheels is the same. Minimal if any
Thank-You Sir and of course UncleDude for the Heads-Up on the Stock-Brake-Pads and them NOT over producing Brake-Dust.

Terry
Old 09-28-2021, 10:02 AM
GT325
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 113 Posts

I can not concur with the brake dust. My Spyder with iron brakes produce an ungodly amount of brake dust. The entire car is covered in brake dust. It's really bad.
Old 09-28-2021, 12:27 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,434 Likes on 2,226 Posts

Originally Posted by GT325
I can not concur with the brake dust. My Spyder with iron brakes produce an ungodly amount of brake dust. The entire car is covered in brake dust. It's really bad.
are your wheels black?
Old 09-28-2021, 01:30 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT325
I can not concur with the brake dust. My Spyder with iron brakes produce an ungodly amount of brake dust.
The entire car is covered in brake dust.
It's really bad.
GT325,
It's really bad.

Of course I cannot comment on my GT4 yet in regards to Brake-Dust or actually for anything.

But I can say the following on excessive Black-Brake-Dust on the following cars I owned.

(1) Bullitt Mustang with changed Shelby GT500 brakes Front & Rear it was PATHETIC
You couldn't drive it even 10-miles local at City speeds without it being covered in the Black-Brake-Dust it totally SUCKED !!!

(2) Cathy's VW Gold R was pitiful with the stock-brakes and the Black-Brake-Dust.

(3) Dodge Challenger Hellcat was just as bad as the Bullitt Mustang with the Replaced, Up-Graded brakes to the Shelby GT500 brakes.

(4) Audi RS-3 was just like the others listed above ^^^

I had all those vehicles changed to Ceramic Brake Pads for Less-Dust.
They came from multiple brake companies/manufactures.
And all of those vehicles guys Never-Ever had any issues stopping.

No, I did NOT track them but I did Drag-Race the Bullitt Mustang and it did STOP even with repeated High-Speed-Stops.

Here is my take and preference regarding to me the Dreaded-Black-Brake-Dust.
If there is away to make life easier I'm in so I elect to change out the stock-brake-pads.
The way I see things is simple ...............
Your car is spotless but the Wheels guys look like $hit and it doesn't require a lot of miles for them to look like that.
Now, do I know yet if the GT4 with stock pads would be so baddddddddddd ???
Of course I don't.

Could I have waited ???
Yes I could have but if any of you have followed this dedicated thread you already know I decided to have mine changed while the brake-system is new.
That way I don't have to be concerned with the rotors if I decided to change out the pads later.
I decided to be Proactive .........

Terry
The following 2 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
dnimi123 (10-01-2021), Elegant (09-28-2021)
Old 09-28-2021, 01:42 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Post Look what I just now received about my GT4 ............

Guys,

No doubt that my GT4 is moving forward with Tru Shine Inc and Eric Witt the owner.

Also just received the following from State Farm Insurance:

So, ain't gonna be as longgggggggggg as it was since back in December 2020.

Terry
The following 4 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
Elegant (09-28-2021), needmoregarage (09-28-2021), SpeedySpidey (09-28-2021), UncleDude (09-28-2021)
Old 09-28-2021, 03:23 PM
Elegant
Track Day

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi Terry,

Seeing your amazing 2008 highly modified Bullitt Mustang was a great trip down memory lane.
That day at the drag strip was a terrific one and I enjoyed seeing you post your best time.

I know you must be getting a bit excited to see the work on your new GT4 finally taking place.
It won't be all that long now buddy and you will finally be able to drive your car.
Your patience is beginning to pay off.

Cheers,
Tom
Old 09-28-2021, 04:17 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

But the GTS doesn’t have the same brakes as the GT4…
The following users liked this post:
jimdillard (03-18-2022)

Quick Reply: GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker