Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2021, 12:39 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Received 1,504 Likes on 834 Posts
Originally Posted by Alan C.
Looking at PCCBs or a Radi-CAL brake kit I decided to go with the RadI-CAL brake kit. $8,000 vs. $11,000 for the complete RadI-CAL KIT minus pads. Assuming you get about a 50% return on either option you’re at a $1500 delta. Damage one PCCB and it’s a $10,000 trip to your dealer.
Ceramic coat your wheels and use a detail spray with a couple of junk microfiber towels and it isn’t much of an issue to keep your wheels clean.
Need to check/change pads, you won’t be cursing your fixed bridge calipers.
You know if one simply has money to burn so to speak ..............
Then heck, get the PCCB as it makes no difference if one or more of them gets damaged.

But, to me I took part of the $8,000.00 US Dollars cost and used it for other things I wanted.

Originally Posted by 2seats
Terry,

Please do not go to any full service gas stations.
I cannot bare to learn the first and last names of the gas station attendants.
2seats,

We don't have Full-Service-Gas-Stations where I live.
Even if they did exist here I'm Totally-Out on them !!!

I do my own thing in that regard buddy.

Terry
Old 10-13-2021, 03:51 PM
nothingman
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 93 Posts

Terry,

Just out of curiosity, did you ever consider ordering black wheels instead of silver? I think the black contrast goes really well with yellow. If it's something you've thought about and possibly regret, let me know as I have a fresh set of takeoff stock black wheels that don't look right with my darker blue and I'm looking to find someone willing to trade. Here's how black looks on your car:

Old 10-13-2021, 04:08 PM
SpeedySpidey
Burning Brakes

Received 781 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by tigerhonaker

Nope no GT4 yet but soon I hope ..............

Terry
Ahh, the pad report can wait until well after your break in period.
I’m just excited for you and your first experience with it (yes, you can and should get on it just a bit during break in ).

I’ll just suspect that if I hear a loud Woo-Hoo! sometime in the near future, then it could be you from 700 miles away.
Old 10-14-2021, 01:19 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nothingman
Terry,

Just out of curiosity, did you ever consider ordering black wheels instead of silver? I think the black contrast goes really well with yellow. If it's something you've thought about and possibly regret, let me know as I have a fresh set of takeoff stock black wheels that don't look right with my darker blue and I'm looking to find someone willing to trade. Here's how black looks on your car:

I did look carefully at both the Black wheels and the silver wheels over and over and over.
My final decision was I think the Silver wheels look Bigger and to me they show off the Bright Guards-Red brake calibers.
As you might know if you have followed this thread I have also went with the Guards-Red gauges/Chrono-Clock & most recently the Guards-Red Shift-Paddles.
So all of those things match very-very well.
My Silver wheels also get the Full GTECHNIQ ceramic coating inside & out.

Thanks for reaching out to me on the Black wheels but I'll stick with my Silver-Wheels.

Originally Posted by SpeedySpidey
Ahh, the pad report can wait until well after your break in period.
I’m just excited for you and your first experience with it (yes, you can and should get on it just a bit during break in ).

I’ll just suspect that if I hear a loud Woo-Hoo! sometime in the near future, then it could be you from 700 miles away.
Hey buddy I'll remember to comment on the Hawk Performance Ceramic brake pads no-worries on that taking place.

Maybe and I am saying maybe I could be less than THRILLED with the GT4, maybe.

However I have a gut feeling I'll be Loving every second of seeing it 1st and then my old fanny sitting in it and driving it down the road.

Terry
Old 10-14-2021, 01:22 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Post Up-Date on the Xpel Ultimate PPF being done ............

Guys,

TRU SHINE (Eric) just confirmed he is all done with the GT4.
He said he did everything I asked for as well as him adding a Roof Kit to help protect it from those pesky rock-chips.

Terry
The following users liked this post:
SpeedySpidey (10-14-2021)
Old 10-14-2021, 07:56 PM
SpeedySpidey
Burning Brakes

…Maybe and I am saying maybe I could be less than THRILLED with the GT4, maybe…

Terry
Yeah, it’s not going to pin your butt to the back of the seat like some of those other rocket ships you owned… but it’s no slouch either.
it’s a different kind of fun. It’s just right for me at this time in my life, I’m optimistic that you’ll feel the same.
The following 2 users liked this post by SpeedySpidey:
ausgang (10-15-2021), P-car-Vancouver (10-15-2021)
Old 10-15-2021, 12:48 AM
Alan_S
Instructor

Received 95 Likes on 59 Posts

Guys,

TRU SHINE (Eric) just confirmed he is all done with the GT4.
He said he did everything I asked for as well as him adding a Roof Kit to help protect it from those pesky rock-chips.

Terry
Terry,

Think about getting the wing PPF'd as well. It is in the airflow (obviously) and people tend to touch it and many owners even use it to open and close the trunk.
Old 10-15-2021, 12:34 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SpeedySpidey
Yeah, it’s not going to pin your butt to the back of the seat like some of those other rocket ships you owned… but it’s no slouch either.
it’s a different kind of fun. It’s just right for me at this time in my life, I’m optimistic that you’ll feel the same.
SpeedySpidey,

Hey my Good-Man trust me when I say I could care less if the GT4's POWER-LEVEL matched some of my earlier performance cars.
If I was truly still of my younger mind-set on power I'd simply went with the New 2022 Corvette Z06.
And believe me buddy I've had Way-way more than my Fair-Share of Ultra-High-Performance vehicles over the years.

This time I want my more than likely 100% true Sport Car and that's the GT4 I'll soon be taking delivery of.
I've more than likely see 90% plus of all the You-Tube videos on the earlier GT4s and of course the Newly released 2021 GT4 with the PDK.
I could be wrong thinking I'll be (Spell-Bound) when I soon see it 100% completed at Porsche of Nashville on the Showroom floor.
But .............
I highly doubt I'll be even a little Disappointed in it's looks inside or out and of course it's overall Performance.

Cathy (Wife) said to me this morning while we were doing our 3-mile walk.
Terry out of all the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of cars you have gone thorough.
This Porsche GT4 is the ONLY one I have actually loved just from it's looks as well as watching the You-Tube videos of it.
I can't wait until we go take delivery of it and we take it out on the streets, roads together enjoying it.

Originally Posted by Alan_S
Terry,

Think about getting the wing PPF'd as well. It is in the airflow (obviously) and people tend to touch it and many owners even use it to open and close the trunk.
Alan_S,

I appreciate the heads-up but I'm good to go with the Xpel Ultimate Plus PPF Track Package and the options I picked.

Thanks again,
Terry
The following 2 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
needmoregarage (10-15-2021), SpeedySpidey (10-15-2021)
Old 10-15-2021, 12:48 PM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Received 695 Likes on 299 Posts

My wife loves riding as a passenger in my GT4 as well almost as much as she likes driving it, the 18 ways are super comfortable and she loves the way it handles even as a passenger (her words not mine haha)
The following 4 users liked this post by smegman:
dnimi123 (10-19-2021), needmoregarage (10-15-2021), SpeedySpidey (10-15-2021), tigerhonaker (10-16-2021)
Old 10-16-2021, 01:09 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by smegman
My wife loves riding as a passenger in my GT4 as well almost as much as she likes driving it,
the 18 ways are super comfortable and she loves the way it handles even as a passenger (her words not mine haha)
smegman,

Well we both then have wives that are into our GT4s for sure.

Cathy (Wife) is not into the car thing nor the bike (Motorcycles) when I was doing those.
But, she is all in on this GT4 and has even asked if there has been any new You-Tube videos ???
It is interesting after 38 plus years of marriage to Cathy finally she is actually so in on the GT4.
I suppose guys can be surprised by their wives after all.

Terry

needmoregarage (10-16-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 03:41 PM
tigerhonaker
Rennlist Member

Post Guys, believe it or not it's actually 100% completed & back at Porsche of Nashville

Headline NEWS guys,

Guys, believe it or not it's actually 100% completed & back at Porsche of Nashville.

It just arrived per my SA Matt Giorgio text message.
It went straight to the Service-Department to Nick (Shop-Foreman) to install the Lower-Front-Spoiler.
Matt is sending their Porter to pick Cathy & I up around 3:30pm this afternoon.
We will take delivery around 4:00pm.
They have a new program and the newly added employee is going to go over the complete GT4 with us.

Below are pictures I just received from Chris Marlin the owner of (Marlins Auto Detailing) in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.

Marlins Auto Detailing
@MarlinsAutoDetailing · Car Wash

https://www.facebook.com/MarlinsAutoDetailing/

I do wish to say something about Chris and me doing business with him.
If your looking for an Expert and a No-Nonsense adult then Chris Marlin is your guy.
I have the upmost Respect for him and his abilities.
I did ask him if he could possibly do me a favor and take pictures if he could possibly work them into his overly busy schedule.
I actually am surprised as he did exactly what I was hoping for so I could share with all of you his work or at least some of his work.
Chris, Thank-You so much for taking care of my New 2021 Cayman 718 GT4 in "Racing-Yellow".

Chris provided the pictures below and he texted me and said he used his cellphone but they look Great to me.

My Black Porsche valve-stem-caps finally arrived at Porsche of Nashville just in time.

You guys & Gals are the Best of the Best here on Rennlist.com
Thanks for checking things out everyone,
Terry
The following 6 users liked this post by tigerhonaker:
afisherunc (10-20-2021), ausgang (10-18-2021), CaymanMatt (10-27-2021), CTDiesel (10-18-2021), Elegant (10-18-2021), halfmonkey (10-18-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 10-18-2021, 04:01 PM
SpeedySpidey
Burning Brakes

I think I’m more excited than when I took delivery of mine 😝
The following 5 users liked this post by SpeedySpidey:
kwikit356 (10-18-2021), smegman (10-18-2021), tigerhonaker (10-19-2021), Tigers10 (10-18-2021), UncleDude (10-18-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 04:39 PM
Elegant
Track Day

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi Terry,

Congratulations buddy!
Finally, after ordering your GT4 in December of last year you and Cathy will be taking delivery.

Those photos are great.
Your brand new Porsche looks absolutely FANTASTIC.

Have fun this afternoon picking up the car.
Your heart must already be beating faster after all the time and effort you have put into perfecting your machine.

Enjoy the hell out of your first drive!

Cheers,
Tom
tigerhonaker (10-19-2021)
Old 10-18-2021, 04:42 PM
ddodds
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 45 Posts

Congratulations Terry, it looks beautiful!
Old 10-18-2021, 05:04 PM
P-car-Vancouver
Pro

Received 696 Likes on 324 Posts

Looks amazing! I can’t wait to hear your 1st impressions. I’m sure you are going to love it as much as I love my car!!

Quick Reply: GT4 in Racing-Yellow ordered 12/29/2020 by Terry aka tigerhonaker