Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

39E Riviera Blue Spyder with CXX is finally V250!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2021, 06:20 AM
BrettPorsche
Advanced

Received 64 Likes on 35 Posts

There’s a phone app called “Porsche Good to Know”. You can pick your car and read a digital owner’s manual, tutorial videos, etc
The following users liked this post:
halfmonkey (05-31-2021)
Old 05-31-2021, 04:36 PM
Dr.JDK
Instructor

Received 192 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Sorry but I was so excited that I completely forgot to take any interior pictures. I barely remembered to take some exterior pictures and this was after I dropped it off for PPF. The other pictures were from PECLA and my wife and kid and they also forgot to take some interior pictures. I'll be sure to share more pictures once I get it back.

I got the 18 way with CXX Houndstooth/Pepita inserts. I also did the center armrest with the same Houndstooth/Pepita as well. The seats have matching color seat piping only on the seat back. I actually thought it would have it on the seat cushion as well but it looks like they went with deviated stitching on seat cushion and seat piping on seat back for some reason. I also optioned the back of the seats in leather. I couldn't stand seeing that glaring cheap plastic dip silver on the seat backs and lower portion of the seats where the controls are. I know a lot of people say not to waste the money because it's on the back of the seats and you won't see it but if it bugs you, trust me, you'll see it and that's all you'll see. Now the seat is all black except for the stitching, piping and Pepita inserts.
Huge congrats! I would love to see how the papita pans out in real life. Riveria definitely looks "blue-er" than the Miami from your picture. I also spec'ed the leather on the back of the seat for the same reason. And to the people who say it isn't visible, try to open the door with the roof open.
halfmonkey (05-31-2021)
Old 05-31-2021, 04:50 PM
4MIDABLE
Racer

Received 327 Likes on 152 Posts

Very nicely done. Congrats! Def want to see a few shots of the interior when you have a moment. Plans for future mods?
halfmonkey (05-31-2021)
Old 05-31-2021, 04:56 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 726 Likes on 439 Posts

Congrats! Looks stunning!

Can you post a picture of the interior/seats please?
halfmonkey (05-31-2021)
Old 05-31-2021, 08:07 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 69 Posts

Congrats!
Cant wait to see interior!

halfmonkey (05-31-2021)
Old 06-01-2021, 03:44 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by 4MIDABLE
Very nicely done. Congrats! Def want to see a few shots of the interior when you have a moment. Plans for future mods?
I'm really trying hard to NOT go down that rabbit hole. I've done it before on my previous cars and one thing leads to another and then another and then another.....I originally was thinking about tinting but since you can't tint the rear plastic window, I decided to not tint just the side windows. That will just look weird to me. If there is anything I'll do, I might do clear corners but at the same time, I'm also ok with keeping them stock. I'm not planning on running with a front plate and with a bright blue Smurf color, I'm trying to avoid police scrutiny (fix it tickets) as much as I can with this car. I don't believe the clear corners are legal in CA even if they light up orange. I believe the reflectors have to actually be orange.

I'm still on the fence if I want to get the Carbonio front plate mount. I'm thinking of getting the original version that mounts to the lip. I wouldn't drive around with it on but leave it in the car to use when street parking, etc. I know they have a new version that attaches to the underside of the front bumper with a mount but I don't want to attach anything to the car using double sided tape especially since I"m getting ppf and it will have to attach on top of the ppf. If I'm going to attach anything, I might as well just drill the two holes and mount the front plate and I definitely don't like the offset plate mounts that use the tow hook. IMO, that just looks horrendous. My OCD would die a little bit every time I see my car with the offset plate.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:47 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,398 Likes on 2,210 Posts

So you finally decided to go with the PPF!.... you were wrestling with that decision if I recall.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:56 PM
JAhmed
Rennlist Member

Received 1,874 Likes on 784 Posts

I'm really trying hard to NOT go down that rabbit hole. I've done it before on my previous cars and one thing leads to another and then another and then another.....I originally was thinking about tinting but since you can't tint the rear plastic window, I decided to not tint just the side windows. That will just look weird to me. If there is anything I'll do, I might do clear corners but at the same time, I'm also ok with keeping them stock. I'm not planning on running with a front plate and with a bright blue Smurf color, I'm trying to avoid police scrutiny (fix it tickets) as much as I can with this car. I don't believe the clear corners are legal in CA even if they light up orange. I believe the reflectors have to actually be orange.

I'm still on the fence if I want to get the Carbonio front plate mount. I'm thinking of getting the original version that mounts to the lip. I wouldn't drive around with it on but leave it in the car to use when street parking, etc. I know they have a new version that attaches to the underside of the front bumper with a mount but I don't want to attach anything to the car using double sided tape especially since I"m getting ppf and it will have to attach on top of the ppf. If I'm going to attach anything, I might as well just drill the two holes and mount the front plate and I definitely don't like the offset plate mounts that use the tow hook. IMO, that just looks horrendous. My OCD would die a little bit every time I see my car with the offset plate.
Re-gear it
Old 06-02-2021, 12:36 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by UncleDude
So you finally decided to go with the PPF!.... you were wrestling with that decision if I recall.
Yes, I was going back and forth with it for a while. I ultimately decided to do it because I figured it would give me peace of mind so that I could enjoy my drives with it. I figured the car is so low and especially if I'm going to be doing any group drives, I'll be behind other Porsche cars with those extremely sticky and wide tires, it'll get blasted with rocks and debris.

Originally Posted by JAhmed
Re-gear it
That is a tasty proposition but one I'm really trying to stay away from it. Don't want to fall into any rabbit holes.
Old 06-02-2021, 12:45 PM
smegman
Burning Brakes

Received 692 Likes on 298 Posts

I don't believe the clear corners are legal in CA even if they light up orange. I believe the reflectors have to actually be orange.
you have literally a zero percent chance of getting a ticket for this, even in CA... I wouldn't worry at all about that
The following 2 users liked this post by smegman:
Booth9999 (08-05-2021), Goodwood (06-14-2021)
Old 06-02-2021, 04:19 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 777 Likes on 359 Posts

I'm hoping to do some similar CXX stuff on a car I got allocated this week. Really looking forward to the interior pics!
Old 06-08-2021, 02:50 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Car finished paint correction, polish and wash. Waiting for PPF to begin tomorrow. Thanks again Moe for your top notch work.
The following 6 users liked this post by halfmonkey:
998R (06-08-2021), Dave I (06-09-2021), El Crampitan (06-08-2021), masti99 (01-21-2022), Mcx (12-05-2022), n4v4nod (06-08-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-09-2021, 07:21 AM
JonathanWalker
Instructor

Received 86 Likes on 33 Posts

Do you have any pictures of the interior CCX options you did?
Old 06-09-2021, 02:09 PM
Jon H
Racer

Received 207 Likes on 86 Posts

Looking good!
halfmonkey (06-09-2021)
Old 06-09-2021, 09:22 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sin911
Congrats! Looks stunning!

Can you post a picture of the interior/seats please?
Originally Posted by 4MIDABLE
Originally Posted by JonathanWalker
Do you have any pictures of the interior CCX options you did?
Should be getting the car back on Sunday and I'll post pictures then. I forgot to take interior pictures when we picked up the car from PECLA.

Quick Reply: 39E Riviera Blue Spyder with CXX is finally V250!