Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

39E Riviera Blue Spyder with CXX is finally V250!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2021, 11:02 PM
edylcreyob
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
So Riviera Blue doesn't have any green to it. It is truly a light blue Smurf color and Mexico Blue is a little darker. I've seen Mexico Blue and my wife and I truly thought it was Riviera Blue. I'm sure if we put Riviera Blue and Mexico Blue side by side, we would have been able to see the difference but seeing it on it's own, it's hard to tell RB from MB. If someone thinks Riviera Blue has green it, I believe they're confusing the color with Miami Blue because MB definitely has green it. I would say that Miami Blue is a Turquoise/Teal color. Oslo Blue is a darker Miami Blue. From RB, and then MB, goes Shark Blue and then Voodoo Blue. I haven't seen Arrow Blue in person so can't comment on the color.
Thanks for the reply

The pic with 4 cars was sent to me and was told the front LHS car was Riviera guessing it is Miami though based on your info and the other is a pic of an arrow 77 Targa very close to Shark just a bit lighter but interesting how it looks like 3 different colours as the back is in full light and the front is in shade looking very much like Shark
Old 12-12-2021, 11:03 PM
edylcreyob
4th Gear

Old 12-13-2021, 12:24 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by edylcreyob

Colors are hard to confirm based on pictures being shared because everybody's eyes process colors differently and of course the computer and screen processes and displays colors differently. To my knowledge, there are only two Riviera Blue GT4's in the US. One is Palm Springs and one in Texas. I will say though that based on the picture with the 4 cars, that looks like Miami Blue to me. The car immediately above it might be Riviera Blue and the one above that might be Mexico Blue or Voodoo Blue.
Old 12-13-2021, 12:32 AM
edylcreyob
4th Gear

Yes I think it goes Miami then to the right Mexico behind Miami is Voodoo

If I go Riviera it will be a unicorn in Aust I expect as would Mexico

Last edited by edylcreyob; 12-13-2021 at 12:39 AM.
Old 01-20-2022, 05:46 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Wanted to give an update on my personalized license plate saga. When I originally submitted the order, it said 4-6 weeks which is normal. When I printed out my order confirmation, I noticed it changed to 6-8 weeks. I went back to the website and it changed to 3-6 months. Just called CA DMV about my personalized plates. So I ordered them on June 21st and still don't have them. For those of you outside of CA or for those of you that don't know, our plates are stamped by inmates. I guess the prison where the plates are stamped was hit really hard with COVID but the lady said I should hopefully have my plates by March 4th. She said it looks like my plates have been stamped and should be sent to the dmv for registration and stickers and reassignment. I ordered the legacy plates which looks like below and for the record, it isn't personalized with PORSCHE. I just configured it online that way to show all of you the color scheme of the plate. It's called the 1960 Legacy plate. Since the number 1 question I get with my car is always what color it is, I installed the following license plate frames to match the color of the license plates.

The following users liked this post:
TripleL (01-21-2022)
Old 01-22-2022, 09:44 PM
bob78h
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 49 Posts

Colors are hard to confirm based on pictures being shared because everybody's eyes process colors differently and of course the computer and screen processes and displays colors differently. To my knowledge, there are only two Riviera Blue GT4's in the US. One is Palm Springs and one in Texas. I will say though that based on the picture with the 4 cars, that looks like Miami Blue to me. The car immediately above it might be Riviera Blue and the one above that might be Mexico Blue or Voodoo Blue.
I believe those cars are local to me and I have seen them on IG. The GT4 is Miami, the .2 GT3 is Voodoo and the .1 is Riviera.
Old 01-23-2022, 09:24 AM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,802 Likes on 877 Posts

Very cool wrapping technique. I had never seen that before. Do you mind letting us know what that costs?
Old 01-24-2022, 12:09 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MaddMike
Very cool wrapping technique. I had never seen that before. Do you mind letting us know what that costs?
I got my ppf done at Glistening Perfection and he offers different levels. I opted for the top level especially on the front bumper because I wanted it done in one whole piece without any seams. It's not cheap. If you're interested, I would suggest contacting Moe at Glistening Perfection directly so he can provide a breakdown of the costs for you.
MaddMike (01-24-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 06:08 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

I placed my order on 6/21/21 and it has finally arrived! I called the DMV on a few occasions to follow up because originally when I placed the order, the system said it would be 4-6 weeks. On the print out, I noticed it said 6-8 weeks. After 8 weeks, I called and was told it would be 3-6 months. After 6 months, I called again and was told the plates have been stamped and I should get them any day now. Early January, I callled the DMV again and I was given more details to confirm that they stamped the plates in December and then sent them to the DMV for vehicle assignment. Once that is done, they’ll send it out and currently, I should expect to have them on or before 3/4/22. The day has finally arrived!

I’ve literally check the mail everyday hoping for a surprise. I know it’s such a small thing for probably a good portion of you folks but I don’t plan to mod my car and for me this was the last finishing touch to personalize my car.

Old 02-15-2022, 04:14 PM
monchter
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

confirming the blues in the picture with 4 cars, since that’s us.. haha GT4 in Miami. My riviera 991.1 GT3, a buddy’s Voodoo 991.2 GT3, and a 991.2 Turbo S cab in Yatching Blue
Itzkirb (02-16-2022)
Old 02-15-2022, 04:22 PM
Jon H
Racer

Received 207 Likes on 86 Posts

Do we get to see a photo of the plate on your Spyder?
Old 02-15-2022, 06:44 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jon H
Do we get to see a photo of the plate on your Spyder?
Let me take a picture and I'll PM you. Not really inclined to share on the world wide web.
Old 02-15-2022, 07:06 PM
bob78h
Instructor

This is the part number I used to order it.
Thanks for sharing the part number, I'd love to pick one of these up. Just wondering where you ordered it from? I asked my dealer parts department to look up the number and they said it is discontinued.
Old 02-15-2022, 08:12 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bob78h
Thanks for sharing the part number, I'd love to pick one of these up. Just wondering where you ordered it from? I asked my dealer parts department to look up the number and they said it is discontinued.
I ordered it from my local dealer. I had to do some research to find them and confirm availability but long story short, my exclusive advisor that I was working with when I ordered my car with PTS and CXX options was able to get in contact with someone to figure out how to order them.

When I went to my local dealer to order them, I was told they weren't available to order so I went back to my Exclusive Advisor and he checked with his guy and comes to find out that it's not orderable on the "regular" dealer parts system. He had to go into some other system. I don't know what it's called but maybe your parts manager might know. Once he figured that out, I was able to order it. There are also other items available too such as a women's purse, a men's wallet with battery, a few different women's day bag and such. It is possible that it's discontinued at this point as I ordered it a while ago but if your parts guy tried to order it through the regular system, maybe go back and ask the parts manager to check if there is another parts system he can place the order through. I remember, the parts guy saying that it's coming from some warehouse in ATL.

Here's a picture of the women's wallet I ordered for my wife too.

Old 02-16-2022, 12:48 PM
bob78h
Instructor

I ordered it from my local dealer. I had to do some research to find them and confirm availability but long story short, my exclusive advisor that I was working with when I ordered my car with PTS and CXX options was able to get in contact with someone to figure out how to order them.

When I went to my local dealer to order them, I was told they weren't available to order so I went back to my Exclusive Advisor and he checked with his guy and comes to find out that it's not orderable on the "regular" dealer parts system. He had to go into some other system. I don't know what it's called but maybe your parts manager might know. Once he figured that out, I was able to order it. There are also other items available too such as a women's purse, a men's wallet with battery, a few different women's day bag and such. It is possible that it's discontinued at this point as I ordered it a while ago but if your parts guy tried to order it through the regular system, maybe go back and ask the parts manager to check if there is another parts system he can place the order through. I remember, the parts guy saying that it's coming from some warehouse in ATL.

Here's a picture of the women's wallet I ordered for my wife too.
Thanks, called my dealer and ordered it! They said the same thing, in stock at the ATL warehouse.

Quick Reply: 39E Riviera Blue Spyder with CXX is finally V250!