Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

39E Riviera Blue Spyder with CXX is finally V250!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2021, 12:20 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleDude
You might be able to guess the ship based on this, and your SA will be able to tell you what ship you’re on once it loads. I used the Maritime Traffic website to track it, but as it turns out I tracked the wrong ship because it got on an earlier one LOL... oh well, all part of the fun.

Thanks for the attachment. I tried looking last night and I didn't see any ships going to Port of Benicia on or around the 3/26/21 which is when I'm supposed to exit port of Benicia.
Old 03-22-2021, 12:35 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Alpha Ice
I've seen some other people with an app, or a program;/website they can use to track their car...maybe it's all through the SA. I thought you could log in and see the status as it moves from point to point. Best of luck with a quick and safe arrival. Crossing my fingers for you that the Stop Sale is resolved or not affecting you.
Thanks for the well wishes. I'm hoping mine isn't affected but my car was delayed 4 times so maybe one or two of those delays was due to the stop sale and they caught it while it was still at the factory.

I don't believe the Porsche tracking app works yet for the 718. It's my understanding that it only works for the 992 at this time.
Old 03-29-2021, 09:34 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

I'm happy to report that my car is finally sailing the open seas on the Glovis Summit as of 3/22/21. I spoke to my SA and asked if my car is affected by the stop sale. He checked the VIN and said as far as he can tell, my car is not affected. Again, my car was delayed 4 times so it's possible that part of the delay was that my car was affected and corrected while at the factory. Who knows? At least it's finally on its way.
The following 2 users liked this post by halfmonkey:
Alpha Ice (05-05-2021), UncleDude (03-29-2021)
Old 03-29-2021, 09:51 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
These are just some of the quick points of reference I could find again. I spent numerous hours combing the internet for information and couldn't even try to remember all of the points of reference I found. Here are some that I quickly found that I remember seeing or the ones that I was able to save.

https://youtu.be/tKMWl4MRqvE

https://youtu.be/cGg7_9Lztrw

https://youtu.be/G8DPcXkCPBc
Nice color chip to compare
Old 03-30-2021, 02:48 AM
skafia
Rennlist Member

Received 822 Likes on 294 Posts

I'm happy to report that my car is finally sailing the open seas on the Glovis Summit as of 3/22/21. I spoke to my SA and asked if my car is affected by the stop sale. He checked the VIN and said as far as he can tell, my car is not affected. Again, my car was delayed 4 times so it's possible that part of the delay was that my car was affected and corrected while at the factory. Who knows? At least it's finally on its way.
Nice! Can't wait for the photos.
Old 05-05-2021, 04:24 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Hi all. Just wanted to give an update. So after numerous delays at the factory, my car finally left Emden on 3/22/21. It was originally scheduled to leave on 3/26/21. My car was traveling on the Glovis Summit and it made a stop in Brunswick, then went through the Panama Canal, then stopped in San Diego and finally dropped my car off at Port of Benicia on 4/22/21. I tracked the ship along the way thanks to those that shared the marinetraffic.com and vesselfinder.com websites. I was even able to track it through the Panama Canal and snapped some photos and videos of it passing through. I stalked the ship when it arrived at the San Diego port and then saw that it had a NA13 Port Handling - Body Work status hold when it came off the ship in Benicia. Luckily, this wasn't body damage. My contact just confirmed that this was because there was too much bird droppings on the car for the port to inspect the car so it had to be cleaned and detailed before releasing it for transport. It should be making its way down to PECLA in the next few days hopefully.

Getting closer and getting more and more excited as this has almost been a year in the making. We put our deposit down last July so we just want the car already.

Last edited by halfmonkey; 05-05-2021 at 04:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Alpha Ice (05-05-2021)
Old 05-06-2021, 02:47 AM
Dr.JDK
Instructor

Received 192 Likes on 78 Posts

Hi all. Just wanted to give an update. So after numerous delays at the factory, my car finally left Emden on 3/22/21. It was originally scheduled to leave on 3/26/21. My car was traveling on the Glovis Summit and it made a stop in Brunswick, then went through the Panama Canal, then stopped in San Diego and finally dropped my car off at Port of Benicia on 4/22/21. I tracked the ship along the way thanks to those that shared the marinetraffic.com and vesselfinder.com websites. I was even able to track it through the Panama Canal and snapped some photos and videos of it passing through. I stalked the ship when it arrived at the San Diego port and then saw that it had a NA13 Port Handling - Body Work status hold when it came off the ship in Benicia. Luckily, this wasn't body damage. My contact just confirmed that this was because there was too much bird droppings on the car for the port to inspect the car so it had to be cleaned and detailed before releasing it for transport. It should be making its way down to PECLA in the next few days hopefully.

Getting closer and getting more and more excited as this has almost been a year in the making. We put our deposit down last July so we just want the car already.
You are getting very close! When will you do your PECLA delivery? Somewhere in June?
Old 05-06-2021, 03:34 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dr.JDK
You are getting very close! When will you do your PECLA delivery? Somewhere in June?
My PECLA delivery is scheduled for 5/28. Are you in the SoCal area? The spreadsheet says you're planning to pick up your car on 7/6. That's not too far behind. Is your car in production right now?
Old 05-06-2021, 05:58 PM
Dr.JDK
Instructor

My PECLA delivery is scheduled for 5/28. Are you in the SoCal area? The spreadsheet says you're planning to pick up your car on 7/6. That's not too far behind. Is your car in production right now?
Awesome. I am in the Pacific Northwest now. We will take delivery of the Spyder on July 16th at PECLA. I think my car is on the Grand Legacy, probably arrive at a US port before the end of May.
Old 05-06-2021, 06:11 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,688 Likes on 928 Posts

Awesome. I am in the Pacific Northwest now. We will take delivery of the Spyder on July 16th at PECLA. I think my car is on the Grand Legacy, probably arrive at a US port before the end of May.
Where in PNW are you? I'm in Portland. Would be great to do a side by side comparison!
Old 05-06-2021, 06:14 PM
Dr.JDK
Instructor

Originally Posted by n4v4nod
Where in PNW are you? I'm in Portland. Would be great to do a side by side comparison!
Seattle. I am actually planning on a trip to drive back from LA to Seattle. We will stop by Willamette Valley, Oregon. Side by side comparison is a great idea! I will PM you for more details.

Cheers!
n4v4nod (05-06-2021)
Old 05-06-2021, 06:42 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Seattle. I am actually planning on a trip to drive back from LA to Seattle. We will stop by Willamette Valley, Oregon. Side by side comparison is a great idea! I will PM you for more details.

Cheers!
Perfect way to break in your ride and in the middle of summer, it can't get any better. Top down in nice weather, cruising to burn off some break miles is the way to do it.
n4v4nod (05-06-2021)
Old 05-08-2021, 02:30 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Got word that my car was released from Port Benicia on 5/6 and is making its way down to PECLA. I'm not sure if the transport truck usually have other drop offs at other locations or if it goes directly to PECLA but I'm guessing the truck should have arrived on the evening of 5/6 or sometime yesterday at the latest.
n4v4nod (05-08-2021)
Old 05-08-2021, 02:34 PM
UncleDude
Rennlist Member

Received 5,398 Likes on 2,210 Posts

Got word that my car was released from Port Benicia on 5/6 and is making its way down to PECLA. I'm not sure if the transport truck usually have other drop offs at other locations or if it goes directly to PECLA but I'm guessing the truck should have arrived on the evening of 5/6 or sometime yesterday at the latest.
How do we track the trucks or trains?

Old 05-08-2021, 02:49 PM
Dr.JDK
Instructor

That is great news. Do you know how exactly PEC LA will store those yet-to-delivered cars? My suspension is that those cars will likely be stored in the parking lot inside the track near the off-road courses (see the snapshot of a Youtube video). Your experience of birds' droppings really got me concerned. My car is likely to be parked at PECLA for 45 days.

Last edited by Dr.JDK; 05-08-2021 at 02:57 PM.

Quick Reply: 39E Riviera Blue Spyder with CXX is finally V250!