Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

39E Riviera Blue Spyder with CXX is finally V250!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2021, 01:44 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Plates from the DMV finally came today so time to put on my custom frames. In case you’re wondering, top frame is aluminum and going on the rear and bottom frame is plastic going on the Carbonio lip mount. I've also already put in my personalized plate order. I had to wait until my metal plates arrived from the DMV as it requires me to enter some information on the order including my actual metal plate numbers. The temporary paper "plate" from the dealer doesn't work so i had to wait until to received the metal plates before I could order my personalized plates. DMV website says it'll take 4-6 weeks to arrive. ...more waiting.

I ordered the silicone license plate holders because I thought you could insert the license plates into the holder and then mount the frame over it but no can do. I found these hard plastic spacers on Amazon and I think I’ll just mount the license plate with all four nuts with these spacers so it doesn’t rub on the paint of the car.

Update: I ended up not using the hard plastic washer/spacers as they're too thick so I just went raw and mounted the plate as is onto the car's paint with the frame. Maybe tomorrow, I'll swing by Home Depot/Lowe's to pick up some metal washer to create a little bit a gap. I did end up mounting the license plate with all four screws so I won't have any issues with it flapping around so maybe the washers won't be necessary.

Last edited by halfmonkey; 06-22-2021 at 02:14 AM.
Old 06-22-2021, 02:18 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by James Evans
You car looks amazing, one of the nicest looking Spyders I have seen so far.

Would love to see a photos of the leather back on the seats if you have chance to share some additional photos.

James
Here are a couple of quick pictures (in bad garage lighting at night.) took them while installing license plates. Hopefully this gives you an idea but if you would like some more pictures, just let me know and I can take more during day light with the top down to give you a better idea. The only silver left is wheee the controls are. Otherwise, the seats look really high quality with it all covered in leather plus the deviated stitching on the back looks good too. Hope this helps.

The following users liked this post:
n4v4nod (08-06-2021)
Old 06-22-2021, 07:10 AM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 726 Likes on 439 Posts

The whole car looks amazing! You've done a fantastic job with the car, down to the seatbacks, everything is very tasteful. Spared no expenses and it all paid out. I've seen the other thread where you say you wish you had gotten PCCB's for less brake dust and I wish I had done the same as well.
halfmonkey (06-22-2021)
Old 06-22-2021, 11:47 AM
RavinS4
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts

Great meeting you the other day at C&C. Interior was gorgeous on your car!
halfmonkey (06-22-2021)
Old 06-22-2021, 11:58 PM
James Evans
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by halfmonkey
Here are a couple of quick pictures (in bad garage lighting at night.) took them while installing license plates. Hopefully this gives you an idea but if you would like some more pictures, just let me know and I can take more during day light with the top down to give you a better idea. The only silver left is wheee the controls are. Otherwise, the seats look really high quality with it all covered in leather plus the deviated stitching on the back looks good too. Hope this helps.
Thank you for sharing the photos, if not going for the carbon buckets then the leather seat backs really lift the interior

James
The following 2 users liked this post by James Evans:
halfmonkey (06-24-2021), n4v4nod (08-06-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 05:01 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
Very cool! I wonder if those of us who did PTS without CXX will receive a similar document. I’d like to have something “official” showing the color and PTS code.

I’ll be waiting by the mailbox
Just wanted to give you a heads up that the Exclusive Manufacturer package I received was something that arrived unexpectedly from Porsche. I ordered a Porsche Production Specification doc and I thought maybe that the Exclusive Manufacturer package (what I shared a couple of pages up) is what they changed it to but the actual Porsche Production Specification came today in the mail so I can confirm they are two separate things. Interesting to note that the PPS sheet doesn't actually list the paint code like the EM package does and it also doesn't list that I got CXX options either. Personally, I like the EM package more as it lists my specific PTS color with paint code and it also lists my CXX options too. Plus, it also included an original Monroney Sticker.

Last edited by halfmonkey; 07-01-2021 at 05:03 AM.
Old 07-01-2021, 07:20 AM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 619 Posts

Thanks halfmonkey^. Appreciate the details.
Old 07-06-2021, 11:03 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Matching father and son custom shirts arrived.

The following 4 users liked this post by halfmonkey:
CTDiesel (07-07-2021), Mcx (12-05-2022), P-car-Vancouver (07-07-2021), StilettoPat (08-04-2021)
Old 08-04-2021, 03:13 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Brought my car back to Moe for some touch up work on the ppf and while there decided to have Exoshield put on. Also did nano coating on the wheels to help with cleaning since I don't have PCCB and asked Moe to put 303 protectant on the convertible top too.

I decided to put Exoshield on the windshield because with the car being so low, I found myself giving lots of space to the cars in front. Of course driving in SoCal and leaving more than half a car lengths gap, let alone 5 car lengths gap "invites" people to come into your lane. Also being SoCal, it's not like with 5 car lengths or more, they're merging far ahead in the lane. Instead even with 5 car lengths or more, they're merging right in front of me. This got me nervous of getting rock chips so I decided to do the Exoshield. I know it won't 100% prevent but it'll help and give me more peace of mind.

StilettoPat (08-04-2021)
Old 08-05-2021, 12:15 AM
TRZ06
Rennlist Member

Received 1,629 Likes on 924 Posts

Originally Posted by James Evans
Thank you for sharing the photos, if not going for the carbon buckets then the leather seat backs really lift the interior

James

I thought about it when I was speccing mine, and it does look good from your pic. However, my reasoning for not getting it is that (at least in the GT4) I will NEVER have the seats forward to enjoy the view and I thought that money better spent of additional leather bits would be on the steering wheel column.
Old 08-05-2021, 02:59 AM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRZ06
I thought about it when I was speccing mine, and it does look good from your pic. However, my reasoning for not getting it is that (at least in the GT4) I will NEVER have the seats forward to enjoy the view and I thought that money better spent of additional leather bits would be on the steering wheel column.
I went back and forth on them too but what sealed the deal for me was 1) having a Spyder, I'll see the backs of the seats more than someone with a GT4 since you have to walk around the car to put the top up and down and 2) when I saw the silver seatback (no offense), it drove me crazy because it looked like plastic-dip to me and it just didn't match the look and feel of the rest of the interior.

I know a lot of people said I wouldn't see it because it was the back of the seats but you do see the silver plastic-dip on the side of the seatbacks and side of the lower cushions so actually, you do see them every time you get into the car. Maybe it was my OCD about that stuff or (no offense) that I just couldn't stand to see the silver plastic-dip so I went for it.

It doesn't seem like an option that is spec'd very often so it seems that most people are ok with it. The other options that I was deciding between if I didn't get the seatbacks was the leather steering column and the leather inner door sill. I figured if people say you'll see the seatbacks like never, my thought was I would see the leather steering column even less than never because it doesn't jump out at you vs the silver plastic-dip being there every time you open the door. I passed on the leather inner door sill just because it would be a high traffic/touch point with shoes and would very easily get scuffed up. Plus, I have gt silver stitching and evetunally over time, I can see the stitching on the inner door sills turning black which would have bugged me to no end.

I also toyed with getting the dash in leather but then I heard of the stitching creating a glare and at the end of the day with the money spent on PTS and CXX options, I had to give on something so out went the steering column, inner door sills, and leather dash.
Old 08-06-2021, 11:53 AM
Adrift
Rennlist Member

Received 2,491 Likes on 1,278 Posts

Just got back from our first night time driving in a mild 69 degree SoCal weather. Top down and music up with the wifey!

First of all, I'd like to report that all of the "night time features and functions" that I wanted to check and make sure they work, do actually work such as puddle lights, ambient lights, orientation lights, headlights, auto high beam, heated seats, heated steering wheel, and dual zone climate controls.

If I may share my opinion on the Burmester audio. I know many people say not to get it because it's expensive and the system is heavy and you can't really hear the sound over all of the mechanical noise from the car but I will say from my experience, the Burmester is the way to go. Keep in mind it depends on how you plan on using the car. If you plan on tracking regularly, well the Spyder probably isn't the right car to begin with but if you're using the car like I'm using which is for date night, cars & coffee and trips to Vegas, then spec'ing the Busmester audio is a nice upgrade.

I accelerated onto the freeway and the first thing my wife says is, "this is the way to do it. Top down, music up, and the wind in your hair!" With the Burmester, you can crank up that music on the freeway and it still sounds clear and clean. There's a lot of noise to overcome so you will need to crank the audio. The Burmester has enough reserve power to play the music loudly without it being distorted at least coming from the speakers. Obviously, the ambient noise doesn't contribute to a music hall listening experience but at least you're not listening to distorted music because you're cranking the volume on a system that can't handle it and you're about to blow your speakers.

So for those on the fence about whether or not to get it, if you're planning on using the car like us, get the Burmester and don't look back.
I spec'd it for my spyder for exactly these reasons, so glad to hear some confirmation. As for tracking...the right car for the track is the one you have fun tracking. The rest is just people's opinions, of which there are as many as there are...well...people. The driver is by far WAY more important than the car, in terms of track performance. (For the record, boxsters are amazing on the track; the spyder cannot help but be even more so).
Old 09-02-2021, 04:06 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Just wanted to give a quick update on the assembly line photobook I ordered. I think I mentioned it previously and also in other people's thread but to recap, I ordered the photobook back in August 2020. In April 2021, I received word that the photographer unexpectedly passed away in March and PAG wasn't sure if they were going to be able to retrieve all of the photos for people's project. They said they would get back to me. I let it be and followed up in May, didn't get a response and didn't press it any further given the circumstances. To my surprise, I received an email about a week ago saying they were able to locate my photos and have my photobook ready to ship. Hopefully, I should have the book by next week is what PAG said. Got the tracking info today. I know in the interim, people have reported asking about the photobook and have been told that it's currently not available. Not sure if they have someone to replace the photographer yet but you may want to inquire if you're interested or were interested. Good luck.

The attached is the form I completed and emailed directly to the photobook department.
Attached Images

Last edited by halfmonkey; 09-02-2021 at 04:08 PM.
Old 12-12-2021, 04:20 AM
edylcreyob
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to give a quick update on the assembly line photobook I ordered. I think I mentioned it previously and also in other people's thread but to recap, I ordered the photobook back in August 2020. In April 2021, I received word that the photographer unexpectedly passed away in March and PAG wasn't sure if they were going to be able to retrieve all of the photos for people's project. They said they would get back to me. I let it be and followed up in May, didn't get a response and didn't press it any further given the circumstances. To my surprise, I received an email about a week ago saying they were able to locate my photos and have my photobook ready to ship. Hopefully, I should have the book by next week is what PAG said. Got the tracking info today. I know in the interim, people have reported asking about the photobook and have been told that it's currently not available. Not sure if they have someone to replace the photographer yet but you may want to inquire if you're interested or were interested. Good luck.

The attached is the form I completed and emailed directly to the photobook department.
I just wanted to ask have you ever seen a green tinge in your car in certain lights I just see light and darker blue in all your great pics but others seem to reference the green hue of a Riviera car

I ask as I have a paint to sample car on order but yet to decide which blue, was going Arrow but probably too close to Shark to warrant the expense, have looked at Mexico but Riviera currently under review too thanks to your wonderful thread and pics.
Old 12-12-2021, 09:50 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by edylcreyob
I just wanted to ask have you ever seen a green tinge in your car in certain lights I just see light and darker blue in all your great pics but others seem to reference the green hue of a Riviera car

I ask as I have a paint to sample car on order but yet to decide which blue, was going Arrow but probably too close to Shark to warrant the expense, have looked at Mexico but Riviera currently under review too thanks to your wonderful thread and pics.
So Riviera Blue doesn't have any green to it. It is truly a light blue Smurf color and Mexico Blue is a little darker. I've seen Mexico Blue and my wife and I truly thought it was Riviera Blue. I'm sure if we put Riviera Blue and Mexico Blue side by side, we would have been able to see the difference but seeing it on it's own, it's hard to tell RB from MB. If someone thinks Riviera Blue has green it, I believe they're confusing the color with Miami Blue because MB definitely has green it. I would say that Miami Blue is a Turquoise/Teal color. Oslo Blue is a darker Miami Blue. From RB, and then MB, goes Shark Blue and then Voodoo Blue. I haven't seen Arrow Blue in person so can't comment on the color.

Quick Reply: 39E Riviera Blue Spyder with CXX is finally V250!