Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2022, 03:25 PM
SlickxAC
Rennlist Member

Received 502 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by dmboone25
Your exhaust sounds amazing.

Is it the resonated OAPs + back box only? Or do you also have the headers?
The sound is a bit muffled due to the wind, But I can tell you the car is more then loud enough in my opinion when the valves are open. Yes this is OAP+Rear only.
The following users liked this post:
SupremePower (02-28-2022)
Old 02-28-2022, 03:47 PM
dmboone25
Racer

Received 317 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by SlickxAC
The sound is a bit muffled due to the wind, But I can tell you the car is more then loud enough in my opinion when the valves are open. Yes this is OAP+Rear only.
If that's muffled, I can only imagine what the sound is like when you can hear it clearly!

The Kline approach appears to be the option that I will consider, if I am lucky enough to get a Spyder. I think the resonated OAPs are truly a game-changer, because you get less drone than the "straight through" options.

Did you ever have a 981? My 981 BGTS sounded really good right out of the box - I never even fiddled with it as a result. If this option is roughly equivalent or a little louder (volume-wise, not in tone, which I know is different) to a 981 with PSE, then that will be about perfect.
Old 02-28-2022, 03:48 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,386 Likes on 815 Posts

Originally Posted by SlickxAC
Sounds amazing!!!

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Old 02-28-2022, 03:51 PM
SlickxAC
Rennlist Member

Received 502 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by dmboone25
If that's muffled, I can only imagine what the sound is like when you can hear it clearly!

The Kline approach appears to be the option that I will consider, if I am lucky enough to get a Spyder. I think the resonated OAPs are truly a game-changer, because you get less drone than the "straight through" options.

Did you ever have a 981? My 981 BGTS sounded really good right out of the box - I never even fiddled with it as a result. If this option is roughly equivalent or a little louder (volume-wise, not in tone, which I know is different) to a 981 with PSE, then that will be about perfect.
I never drove a 981, I do have a 996. It is definitely louder then my 996. IMO the car really came to life with the Kline exhaust. The drone is no worse then the oem unit. I'll try to take a better video later this week.
The following 2 users liked this post by SlickxAC:
dmboone25 (02-28-2022), dnimi123 (03-06-2022)
Old 02-28-2022, 05:16 PM
Spyder Bite
Pro

Received 719 Likes on 252 Posts

better link

Last edited by Spyder Bite; 02-28-2022 at 05:18 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Spyder Bite:
BrianShaw23 (03-06-2022), sonystyle02 (03-04-2022)
Old 03-03-2022, 08:08 PM
Der Tgr
Rennlist Member

Received 306 Likes on 144 Posts

Tomorrow is my SS Kline install....I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve....
dnimi123 (03-04-2022)
Old 03-03-2022, 08:21 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Der Tgr
Tomorrow is my SS Kline install....I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve....
The best feeling! Enjoy it!!
Der Tgr (03-03-2022)
Old 03-05-2022, 09:03 PM
Spyder Bite
Pro

Received 719 Likes on 252 Posts

Cold Start. - Inconel

The following 2 users liked this post by Spyder Bite:
BrianShaw23 (03-06-2022), IRM (03-05-2022)
Old 03-06-2022, 01:17 PM
Der Tgr
Rennlist Member

My quest to make my car sound like I imagined it should have from the factory has concluded. I picked up the car Friday after install of a SS Kline system - and now it sounds incredible...and as an added bonus, my wife agrees...even going as far as saying it was "money well-spent". At the shop, I fired up the car and I was shocked at how quiet it was with valves closed....at least as quiet as stock to my ears...I was almost disappointed as I expected differently. But, with valves open, the difference over stock was stark...it sounded deep and mean at idle, but the excitement hit me hard as the full tonal range opened up when revving over 5k rpms. On the drive home I didn't really get a chance to explore the system; but, on Saturday I did - we went for a drive with friends with their '22 GT4 w/Fabspeed OAPs. Holy smokes!! My car sounds AMAZING!! While not quite fair to compare to a car with OAPs only, I will say that while their car had an improved sound over stock, it didn't come near the sound I was putting out (we all agreed on that). To say that I am very pleased with this system would be an understatement.

I want to say "thank you" to all who posted videos and sound clips of your cars in this thread - particularly those who contributed driving videos, both in car and drive-bys. Those videos helped me immensely while I debated on a system for my car. It was a bit of a leap of faith to purchase a product at this price level without hearing it in person.....even the videos are limited by the quality of the recording device and my speakers. That said, in hindsight now that I've heard the system 1st hand, I can say that there were some excellent representations in this thread, but nothing can compare to hearing the sound coming from your own car. I could not be happier with the system. If you are on the fence considering a Kline exhaust, all I can say is do it....you will not be disappointed.
The following 2 users liked this post by Der Tgr:
964C4 (04-30-2022), dnimi123 (03-06-2022)
Old 03-06-2022, 02:14 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

My quest to make my car sound like I imagined it should have from the factory has concluded. I picked up the car Friday after install of a SS Kline system - and now it sounds incredible...and as an added bonus, my wife agrees...even going as far as saying it was "money well-spent". At the shop, I fired up the car and I was shocked at how quiet it was with valves closed....at least as quiet as stock to my ears...I was almost disappointed as I expected differently. But, with valves open, the difference over stock was stark...it sounded deep and mean at idle, but the excitement hit me hard as the full tonal range opened up when revving over 5k rpms. On the drive home I didn't really get a chance to explore the system; but, on Saturday I did - we went for a drive with friends with their '22 GT4 w/Fabspeed OAPs. Holy smokes!! My car sounds AMAZING!! While not quite fair to compare to a car with OAPs only, I will say that while their car had an improved sound over stock, it didn't come near the sound I was putting out (we all agreed on that). To say that I am very pleased with this system would be an understatement.

I want to say "thank you" to all who posted videos and sound clips of your cars in this thread - particularly those who contributed driving videos, both in car and drive-bys. Those videos helped me immensely while I debated on a system for my car. It was a bit of a leap of faith to purchase a product at this price level without hearing it in person.....even the videos are limited by the quality of the recording device and my speakers. That said, in hindsight now that I've heard the system 1st hand, I can say that there were some excellent representations in this thread, but nothing can compare to hearing the sound coming from your own car. I could not be happier with the system. If you are on the fence considering a Kline exhaust, all I can say is do it....you will not be disappointed.
Love reading this!! Completely changes your experience w the car!! Enjoy them miles w smiles!!
jimdillard (03-16-2022)
Old 03-06-2022, 02:16 PM
Der Tgr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SupremePower
Love reading this!! Completely changes your experience w the car!! Enjoy them miles w smiles!!
​​​​​​​Thanks Eric!
Old 03-06-2022, 08:03 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,111 Likes on 672 Posts

Congrats! Was out with the LA Pclub yesterday and many complimented the sound of the Kline full system for the GT4 - and ill assume they know what they like. Its a big step to throw on expensive parts to a GT car, but agree its well worth it in this case. Enjoy! PS... How about posting up some sound bites (can never get enough I think)!
Old 03-06-2022, 08:50 PM
ziggygt4
Advanced

Received 64 Likes on 14 Posts

Has anyone heard Kline with headers too or have a link to sound clip?
Old 03-06-2022, 08:55 PM
ltfl09
Racer

Received 171 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by dnimi123
Congrats! Was out with the LA Pclub yesterday and many complimented the sound of the Kline full system for the GT4 - and ill assume they know what they like. Its a big step to throw on expensive parts to a GT car, but agree its well worth it in this case. Enjoy! PS... How about posting up some sound bites (can never get enough I think)!
How much louder is it with headers? I've been debating on getting headers for over a year now LOL.

is it louder on lower rpm? Any other differences?
Old 03-06-2022, 09:47 PM
dnimi123
Rennlist Member

Received 1,111 Likes on 672 Posts

Originally Posted by ziggygt4
Has anyone heard Kline with headers too or have a link to sound clip?
Post #744 above. Go to my instagram and there are no headers vdos about 6 months ago. The should is about the same but much more volume lower and a bit more upper. I was on the fence too and its been well worth it. Drone almost completely gone as the whole systems works best together.

Quick Reply: Kline 718 GT4/Spyder exhaust