Notices
718 GTS 4.0/GT4/GT4RS/Spyder/25th Anniversary Discussions about the 718 version of the GT4RS, GTS 4.0, GT4, Spyder and 25th Anniversary Boxster
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By: Cobb

Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2020, 09:23 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

Received an update from my dealership today:. Yesterday he told PCNA of our wishes to remain in the queue for PTS in Q2 2021. This am he received a call back from PCNA notifying us that they simply don't think this is a good idea. They said they have a list of about 100 people waiting for PTS, and I'm about halfway down the list. They did not think it was likely I would get the PTS slot, so if I want the car I might as well go for the December build allocation. I took it. What the hell. I don't know, doesn't lock for awhile, but I'm back to square zero in that I can't really find a combo I like better than my white w classic 981. And my current build has PCCBs, leather everywhere, sheesh. I don't know. I guess what it will never have is the 4.0L, and it will always be 5 yrs older.
Old 09-03-2020, 09:41 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Selo
They said they have a list of about 100 people waiting for PTS, and I'm about halfway down the list.
Obviously they need to raise the PTS price to $30k+, or SP500 needs to go down 30%+. Sheer madness...
The following users liked this post:
HelpMeHelpU (09-14-2020)
Old 09-03-2020, 09:48 PM
halfmonkey
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 865 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
Obviously they need to raise the PTS price to $30k+, or SP500 needs to go down 30%+. Sheer madness...
Let's not do that and instead let's have Porsche just increase capacity. If people are willing to pay $12k+, why not just increase capacity to make customers happy? I didn't think the GT4/Spyder would generate 100 people interested in PTS. I guess the price isn't deterring people and that just goes to show how much people are willing to pay to be unique and to get (or at least try in this case) a desired color.

I'm just hoping that maybe this is starting out like how the GT3 PTS fiasco started and then it pretty much turned into everybody that wanted PTS basically got it. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by halfmonkey; 09-03-2020 at 10:09 PM.
Old 09-03-2020, 10:16 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

981 Spyder was too much of a bargain. So 5 yrs later, for 718 Spyder they raised the price. Still too much of a bargain. I mean, I'd rather have this car than pretty much any new car on the market today. When I think about something like a new Targa 4S or an S Cab built modestly, they cost much more than a well outfitted Spyder, and aren't nearly as much fun. So $12,000 for PTS, sure, knock yourself out selo. Lots of guys are out buying cars that cost twice as much and lose 50% of the value in 2 yrs. So $12k, much of which is retained value - big woop.
The following users liked this post:
HelpMeHelpU (09-14-2020)
Old 09-04-2020, 07:29 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

100 seems completely doable, I’d like my odds halfway down that list.

Keep in mind there were 477 PTS GT3 for the US/Canada.

Below is RyanTT’s chart:

One thing that happened with GT3 was people were discouraged from trying to get PTS, especially early on, and most of the builds happened later in production before PTS effectively shut down at the very end. Maybe it’s going to be more like speedy/GT2RS where they were actually limited because a lot of people wanted PTS, but even those ~20% were PTS. I don’t see quite as many people lining up to spend $13k for PTS on a low six figure car like on a $300k plus car.
Old 09-04-2020, 10:03 AM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
sadly I have no insight into what internal status my build attained, my useless SA never reaches out to me, I heard that my build was rejected from my contact at Exclusiv.

I *guess* that since my build was updated with PTS so late (at the fault of my lazy SA) that it was probably automatically rejected, because those builds submitted earlier would have been approved until they exhausted the available Jan PTS production capacity.

Do you know when your SA submitted your build *with* PTS requested? - I believe this would govern, relative to other build requests, approval or otherwise - what status was your build at last?

p.s my build was belatedly updated for PTS on 21/22 Aug ...
I have a printout of a build sheet that was dated July 17 and it shows "Exterior in Custom Color". I don't remember if that's the date I gave the go-ahead or if that's just when I went in to configure with my SA. Regardless, I think it was close to that date.

Originally Posted by GT4MF
From my understanding once a PTS order is submitted you cannot change anything. Even before it locks at v.215. If indeed something changed, it effectively a new order. Check the commission number.
What's a commission number and what does it indicate?
Old 09-04-2020, 12:52 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,600 Likes on 2,342 Posts

Originally Posted by bbs993tt
I have a printout of a build sheet that was dated July 17 and it shows "Exterior in Custom Color". I don't remember if that's the date I gave the go-ahead or if that's just when I went in to configure with my SA. Regardless, I think it was close to that date.

What's a commission number and what does it indicate?
your commission # is your order #.

I would recommend that you wait until 9/14 when Jan orders apparently lock to determine if your PTS will or will not happen.
Old 09-04-2020, 12:54 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received an update from my dealership today:. Yesterday he told PCNA of our wishes to remain in the queue for PTS in Q2 2021. This am he received a call back from PCNA notifying us that they simply don't think this is a good idea. They said they have a list of about 100 people waiting for PTS, and I'm about halfway down the list. They did not think it was likely I would get the PTS slot, so if I want the car I might as well go for the December build allocation. I took it. What the hell. I don't know, doesn't lock for awhile, but I'm back to square zero in that I can't really find a combo I like better than my white w classic 981. And my current build has PCCBs, leather everywhere, sheesh. I don't know. I guess what it will never have is the 4.0L, and it will always be 5 yrs older.
go for it!
Old 09-04-2020, 05:59 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

probably will. Carrara white or GT silver w black leather and orange stitching. Or lizard green stitching and belts. Quandary.
Old 09-04-2020, 06:11 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

probably will. Carrara white or GT silver w black leather and orange stitching. Or lizard green stitching and belts. Quandary.
so by implication, CXX requests not involving PTS are not an issue with order availability?

I Think I'd go GT Silver - but its all in the eye of the beholder ...
Old 09-05-2020, 02:18 PM
owls14
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so by implication, CXX requests not involving PTS are not an issue with order availability?

I Think I'd go GT Silver - but its all in the eye of the beholder ...

Hey Larry, Do you happen to have a contact at Porsche Exclusive. My SA is unable to get in touch with porsche exclusive regarding some cxx options I wanted on my car. I fear lock date is coming soon so I wanted to see if I could get in touch.

Thanks
Old 09-05-2020, 03:40 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by owls14
Hey Larry, Do you happen to have a contact at Porsche Exclusive. My SA is unable to get in touch with porsche exclusive regarding some cxx options I wanted on my car. I fear lock date is coming soon so I wanted to see if I could get in touch.

Thanks
depending on your location:

west coast: philip.mauney@porsche.us
east: thuy.hache@porsche.us

Old 09-05-2020, 06:25 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 181 Posts

your commission # is your order #.
Found my commission number but still don't know what it means or proves.
Old 09-05-2020, 06:43 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by bbs993tt
Found my commission number but still don't know what it means or proves.
Commission number verifies that an actual car will be built.
The car is then assigned to dealership/customer.
Timeline established lock/build/delivery date

Old 09-05-2020, 07:44 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JPMD
Commission number verifies that an actual car will be built.
The car is then assigned to dealership/customer.
Timeline established lock/build/delivery date
+1

this along with the order and the internal ordering system milestones will tell you everything you need to know about your order and the process...

Quick Reply: Check in if you have a Paint to Sample PTS car on order